Anyone have any Mythic Blackhand tips? I read Furty's guide on Summon Stone and was glancing over some logs.

To go up on the first balcony, you just need to be on the outside so you get pulled towards the middle in the direction of that balcony?
    I'll be going up on the even balconies and was curious if we get up before all the adds do? (Should we pool HoG/CW charges?)

Seems pretty straight forward other than that, just nuke boss as much as possible and have two dark souls for P3.
    Lockdavis Full Spectrum US #1 Two Day a Week Guild

Quote Originally Posted by Sbtrack View Post
    Anyone have any Mythic Blackhand tips? I read Furty's guide on Summon Stone and was glancing over some logs.

To go up on the first balcony, you just need to be on the outside so you get pulled towards the middle in the direction of that balcony?
    I'll be going up on the even balconies and was curious if we get up before all the adds do? (Should we pool HoG/CW charges?)

Seems pretty straight forward other than that, just nuke boss as much as possible and have two dark souls for P3.
    For my kill we went up as we fell (east balcony) and then again for smash 2 (east balcony) and 5 (west balcony). I am not sure if there are other balconies that coincide with add spawns. For smash 2 and 5 you have to wait for about 15-20 seconds before the adds will spawn. This necessitates a healer going up with you.

For the first balcony (as you fall) just make sure you set up your Demonic Circle on the left side (west) of the circle before you pull the boss. My raid's strat meant we always ended on that side but the Circle is good insurance in case your raid ends up in a different location.

On the balconies, I Shadowfury the mobs as they spawn, pop Dark Soul (because we only used 1 Warlock per balcony), and 3xCW them. Depending on other procs or whether I get unlucky with no crits, I sometimes have to ToC the last 2-3 that are at 5-10% health. I found it was imperative to save up 3 Chaos Waves otherwise you didn't have enough damage to burst them all down.

In terms of general tips, I can think of a few. Every time you reset the boss, cast a few Shadow Bolts, put up Corruption, etc to build some extra fury. The boss will reset and if your group pulls within 5-10 seconds you'll have a bunch of extra fury for P1. Place your Demonic Circle near where the boss is being tanked in P2 so you can quickly teleport back for a smash if you get targeted by Marked for Death. For the transition into P3 when your RL calls for personals etc., pop Meta and you'll take a lot less damage as that transition is Physical dmg (P1-2 transition is fire damage).

Quote Originally Posted by Sbtrack View Post

I recognize that this video will have the worst audio of all time. I also recognize that I said soulstone instead of healthstone. However, I made this yesterday and it could help your guild get a kill if you are so inclined.

http://www.twitch.tv/mazdaqt/v/5176967

Portal timings are as follows:

10s before Smash 3
    15s before Smash 5
    17s before Smash 7

These are rough, and you can definitely go up a second or two earlier if your debuff is cleared.

If you are the only lock in your raid, it is possible to solo every East Balcony except one. You have to have DS and 3 CW.
    Last edited by Mazda; 2015-05-19 at 05:39 PM.

How do you use HoG with 4pc? I still don't have it, so I'm not exactly sure. Is there some trick to further prolong the shadowflame dot or it's the same Hog @ 4s b4 2nd charge and then clip it to have a 7s 2stack dot?

Whats the prefered spec to Mythic Kromog? Ive was using GoSac/CR for a while and swapping up with Demo GoSynergy/Cata. Would Service/servitude Demo put out better numbers?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Whats the prefered spec to Mythic Kromog? Ive was using GoSac/CR for a while and swapping up with Demo GoSynergy/Cata. Would Service/servitude Demo put out better numbers?
    Cata/Syn is practically worthless on this fight. Serv/Serv will give you better boss damage but inferior hand damage (to CR) whereas pillar damage is about the same. Take your pick.

If you want to know what the best parsing spec is, just check WoL. Otherwise its about choosing the distribution of your damage. Destro is good at hands and pillars, servserv is good at pillars and boss, cata is good at killing ppl who are in hands.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alassiel View Post
    How do you use HoG with 4pc? I still don't have it, so I'm not exactly sure. Is there some trick to further prolong the shadowflame dot or it's the same Hog @ 4s b4 2nd charge and then clip it to have a 7s 2stack dot?
    I guess you think of it exactly the same as before.. You just have one extra charge, I tend to use them around 2secs left on SFlame etc

Stood in the Fire
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FurtyIRL View Post
    Cata/Syn is practically worthless on this fight. Serv/Serv will give you better boss damage but inferior hand damage (to CR) whereas pillar damage is about the same. Take your pick.
    Completely dependent. I discovered the guild I joined seriously lacks AoE burst for hands (they recently lost their DK) So guess who gets to play blow up the hands woo!

Also I got lucky as hell, got BMC off a mythic cache... Now I just need to get used to using stuff with MS as high as possible... not like it ever procs at a decent time ever...
    Last edited by Yorindesarin; 2015-05-22 at 03:43 AM.

God damn I miss Demonbolt. Shit was so fun to play

Hello there,

I have three questions, and forgive me if they have been answered before.

First question.
    The most important PROCS that contribute to META soul fire and ToC damage are in this priority:

1. Dark Soul
    2. GSR Trinket
    3. Legendary Ring
    4. Weapon Enchant
    5. BMC Trinket

Is that correct?

Second question.
    As I am still learning demonology, I am thinking of using my Mythic GSR + Mythic DUT, instead of Mythic GSR + Heroic BMC. Reason being that I simply don't want to keep tracking so many PROCs, trying to decide if I should have reacted to the PROC by going META and dumping some soul fires, or whether I should have continued building fury / MC in anticipation of the other more important PROCs.

Mythic DUT is still very useful because it effects demon damage, and I don't have to react to it. With BMC, it's real effectivness is when the PROC stack is high, so I need to track not just the PROC itself but also its stacks. Take into consideration that Mythic bosses have many mechanics to deal with, so it is not a Patchwork fight where I have all the time in the world to React and Decide what to with PROCs.

So, is that okay, or would I be missing a lot of DPS for using Mythic DUT instead of Heroic BMC?

Third question.
    On a related note, when it comes to Chaos Waves (not Meta soul fire / ToC), I was watching Furty's warlock workshop, and he mentioned that high stack of BMC can be really good for Chaos Waves, which I assume would be insane on multi target and cleave (thogar, chrome, maidens, etc), but for single target it is unlikely that I will be doing a lot of chaos waves anyway. And to be honest, it is really RNG because you don't know if you will get high BMC stack PROC during AOE phase for example, but I guess it is less RNG in 2 or 3 multi target cleave situations (so maybe use BMC on maidens but stick to DUT on single target)?

Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkheart View Post
    Hello there,

I have three questions, and forgive me if they have been answered before.

First question.
    The most important PROCS that contribute to META soul fire and ToC damage are in this priority:

1. Dark Soul
    2. GSR Trinket
    3. Legendary Ring
    4. Weapon Enchant
    5. BMC Trinket

Is that correct?

Second question.
    As I am still learning demonology, I am thinking of using my Mythic GSR + Mythic DUT, instead of Mythic GSR + Heroic BMC. Reason being that I simply don't want to keep tracking so many PROCs, trying to decide if I should have reacted to the PROC by going META and dumping some soul fires, or whether I should have continued building fury / MC in anticipation of the other more important PROCs.

Mythic DUT is still very useful because it effects demon damage, and I don't have to react to it. With BMC, it's real effectivness is when the PROC stack is high, so I need to track not just the PROC itself but also its stacks. Take into consideration that Mythic bosses have many mechanics to deal with, so it is not a Patchwork fight where I have all the time in the world to React and Decide what to with PROCs.

So, is that okay, or would I be missing a lot of DPS for using Mythic DUT instead of Heroic BMC?

Third question.
    On a related note, when it comes to Chaos Waves (not Meta soul fire / ToC), I was watching Furty's warlock workshop, and he mentioned that high stack of BMC can be really good for Chaos Waves, which I assume would be insane on multi target and cleave (thogar, chrome, maidens, etc), but for single target it is unlikely that I will be doing a lot of chaos waves anyway. And to be honest, it is really RNG because you don't know if you will get high BMC stack PROC during AOE phase for example, but I guess it is less RNG in 2 or 3 multi target cleave situations (so maybe use BMC on maidens but stick to DUT on single target)?

Thanks!
    Bump. Anyone?
    Last edited by Darkheart; 2015-05-23 at 01:28 AM.

Realistically you wont generate enough soul fires to do more than dump on few on GSR and save the rest for the dark soul, on single target. In aoe circumstances, you are typically limited more by timing than procs, but I think the BMC proc is more valuable than the weapon.

Mythic DuT is going to be better on most fights than heroic BMC. The heroic BMC will provide more total damage on some of the add fights, but quite a bit less boss damage. Certainly use the mythic trinkets for gruul and the gorger.

warcraftlogs DOT COM/reports/tc9P86L1wGvVm3y7/#source=11&fight=2 (sorry can't post links)

Hanz + Darmac

I just don't get it...

Half the top parses got chaos wave coming in as top damage dealer, other half have majority casts being HoG and top damage being doom/doombolt. What gives? What is the actual best spell to be using in these situations?? I just dont understand WHICH to use. Do I use CW if DS + rings/procs are up on one target?? Do i use the dark soul glyph? Do I use HoG full time unless stars align and I have DS and procs up and hans and franz are both together for CW?? Whats the deal With darmac? Do i only cata if DS is up? Do I only dump meta+MC procs with DS up? Do I glyph dark soul here? My brain is so messed playing lock...holy crap this is so overwhelming. Please halp it would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Vampgaze; 2015-05-24 at 03:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkheart View Post
    Bump. Anyone?
    In the future, you should wait more than 24 hours (originally you posted at 8:28PM and then you bumped it today at 5:05PM) before reminding someone that you posted here, especially since when you bumped your own post there had been no other posts after it even acknowledging that you posted or anyone saying anything else. Generally speaking for DPS help people go to the FIX MY DPS thread.

Regardless;

1. I'd say it would go DS > GSR > BMC > Legendary Ring. Weapon enchant can be used as a proc to watch but it's not a huge deal if you didn't use it to the extreme like you would the other procs.

2. If it makes it easier for you, you can track just the timer for BMC since really you shouldn't focus on the stack anyway. Just realize that it's a proc you have to work with and maximize your number of casts during it just like you would any other proc.

All three of the BRF trinkets are pretty equal aside from GSR having a slight edge I'd say. If you have access to all three the most "optimal" is BMC+GSR, if you just don't feel comfortable playing with 2 trinkets that you have to pay attention to when they proc, replace BMC with DUT and you'll do similar damage regardless.

3. If you're just starting to lean Demo, don't fret about using CW with procs on single target. That's more advanced play where you have to be cognizant of how many stacks of HoG/CW you have and if you can afford to cast a CW under your procs or if you should keep casting SF. An example of this would be when you have 1s left of a proc and you won't have enough time to cast a SF, cast a CW in it's place while still under the procs effect.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampgaze View Post
    warcraftlogs DOT COM/reports/tc9P86L1wGvVm3y7/#source=11&fight=2 (sorry can't post links)

Hanz + Darmac

I just don't get it...

Half the top parses got chaos wave coming in as top damage dealer, other half have majority casts being HoG and top damage being doom/doombolt. What gives? What is the actual best spell to be using in these situations?? I just dont understand WHICH to use. Do I use CW if DS + rings/procs are up on one target?? Do i use the dark soul glyph? Do I use HoG full time unless stars align and I have DS and procs up and hans and franz are both together for CW?? Whats the deal With darmac? Do i only cata if DS is up? Do I only dump meta+MC procs with DS up? Do I glyph dark soul here? My brain is so messed playing lock...holy crap this is so overwhelming. Please halp it would be greatly appreciated.
    Generally speaking taking DS gyph with GoSyn/cata would be the wise choice IF the fight would last roughly more than 6-8mins (dont rememeber exactly numbers) because with the glyph you're essentially losing your ideal 40secs ds with DG sub20%

That said, dont look at Darmac because top parses have 1-2 ppl doing pack beasts in the whole raid and everyone else purposefully doing ST only
    About hans & Franz it gets a bit more random because theoretically going cata and being able to hit both bosses every minute is a dps increase, if you cant then going DS gives you better deeps, especially if you're new to the fight and you move more then you should

About CW vs HoG, with t17 and 3 charges i suppose it makes easier to just dump CW during procs and thus having a better performance (mostly related to trinket giving only 10sec scaling buff instead of 15 or 20 flat, which would benefit more stacking 2x ShadowFlame)
    Id say BMC is the main reason you wanna CW bomb this tier
    Last edited by mmoca338328b01; 2015-05-25 at 02:58 AM.

Deleted
    Finally crawled my way to Mythic Blackhand.

Any warlock specific tips for the encounter would be highly appreciated.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Finally crawled my way to Mythic Blackhand.

Any warlock specific tips for the encounter would be highly appreciated.
    You can essentially 'solo' Wave 0 with x3 HoG Charges/DS/Pot or do it with another player.

Here's a reminder for you to be in the correct position for the transition, so you are knocked correctly and can demonic leap to the balcony:
    http://pastebin.com/HKDCM7ef
    https://youtu.be/TYOkqby_Sgs?t=1m54s

P2 will depend a lot on your strat as most guilds I see nowadays that are progging on BH get one of their tanks to tank the Demo against the wall.
    Go in to p3 with full fury DS/DG and your second DS charge and you should be close to top boss damage. Oh and remember to drop your port in p3 for Impales.

Deleted
    You can also solo wave 3 or 4. Basically on 3rd smash go to the opposite side of wave 0 and wait like 10 to 15s. Same scenario of DS with 3x Chaos Wave. Helps to Shadowfury as they spawn.

We have 2 Warlocks and just sent one up for Smash 0 (falling), 2, and 5. If you use the strat of tanking the Siegemakers against the wall, make sure you preemptively place your Circle near where the boss is being tanked for the smashes. There is a Marked that goes out right before Smash 5 and its very difficult to make it back in time without the teleport (difficult with it even).

Quote Originally Posted by Zevoa View Post
    You can essentially 'solo' Wave 0 with x3 HoG Charges/DS/Pot or do it with another player.

Here's a reminder for you to be in the correct position for the transition, so you are knocked correctly and can demonic leap to the balcony:
    http://pastebin.com/HKDCM7ef
    https://youtu.be/TYOkqby_Sgs?t=1m54s

P2 will depend a lot on your strat as most guilds I see nowadays that are progging on BH get one of their tanks to tank the Demo against the wall.
    Go in to p3 with full fury DS/DG and your second DS charge and you should be close to top boss damage. Oh and remember to drop your port in p3 for Impales.
    Is there a map somewhere which shows where to place the portal for Wave 0?