Quote Originally Posted by Alassiel View Post
    Is there a map somewhere which shows where to place the portal for Wave 0?
    You'll be going up on the Eastern balcony so you need to set it up on the western side of the circle in P1, since it knocks you across. Anywhere will do, so long as you are on the western half of the room. As you are falling you can turn to angle your leap as needed.

Depending on where your ranged camp ends up after the 3rd demo, you don't need your port for the transition.

Assuming Yellow indicates the two ranged stack points(Strats may vary), green your portal. After the Large demo ground effects have all spawned you can port the remainder of the run for Demo 1 and 3. You will already be in correct location (anywhere on the left side really) and knocked towards the large green circle, which is where your add wave is going to spawn. Just leap about half way down.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can take a SS tonight if you still need.

Quote Originally Posted by Zevoa View Post
    I can take a SS tonight if you still need.
    Would be great, never enough information.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MycantrumX View Post
    We have 2 Warlocks and just sent one up for Smash 0 (falling), 2, and 5. If you use the strat of tanking the Siegemakers against the wall, make sure you preemptively place your Circle near where the boss is being tanked for the smashes. There is a Marked that goes out right before Smash 5 and its very difficult to make it back in time without the teleport (difficult with it even).
    I've been assigned these same balconies. I know the idea about Smash 0 - but what's the generally accepted practice of killing the adds up top on 2 and 5? What resources/cooldowns should I have when I get up there?

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Axxym View Post
    I've been assigned these same balconies. I know the idea about Smash 0 - but what's the generally accepted practice of killing the adds up top on 2 and 5? What resources/cooldowns should I have when I get up there?
    2-3 HoG charges + DS.

Pretty much what Zevoa said; save a stack of Dark Soul and pool 3 Chaos Wave charges. When you leap over you wait for ~10ish seconds and then pop Shadowfury & DS+3x CW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Novx View Post
    Pretty much what Zevoa said; save a stack of Dark Soul and pool 3 Chaos Wave charges. When you leap over you wait for ~10ish seconds and then pop Shadowfury & DS+3x CW.
    OK great. You'll have to forgive me because I've never been up there yet, but are the adds grouped up like smash 0 on smash 2&5?

yes, you just sit there and wait until they spawn. if you're going up alone you DS + 3 chaos wave. If you have another lock up there with you, you can just use the DS on the boss and not bother with saving it

Deleted
    Just like to say thanks for all the tips guys.

So, a question about something in the mythic Thogar fight - when the deforester comes and then you hug the wall and then run through the fire, has anyone any idea at which minute does that happen? I'm wondering if I put a circle in the proper position right before the pull, will it last just enough for me to teleport through that deforester fire? Its duration is 5 minutes afair.
    Last edited by mauserr; 2015-05-28 at 12:58 PM.

I teleport the first one, we Smoke Bomb/Gateway the second, Leap through the 3rd, teleport the 4th. I think its the 4th you are referring too? it lasts long enough.

OK great. You'll have to forgive me because I've never been up there yet, but are the adds grouped up like smash 0 on smash 2&5?
    They spawn stacked up and then spread out from there so any one you are porting up ahead of time for they will always be stacked when you engage them. Pretty much what Jet said.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulzar View Post
    I teleport the first one, we Smoke Bomb/Gateway the second, Leap through the 3rd, teleport the 4th. I think its the 4th you are referring too? it lasts long enough.
    It's the third one, most likely, but I've found my answer now. The guilds I did it with had a totally different approach. First one we ran/leaped through, second one was gatewayed, third one was hugging the wall for no grenades and then running through it.

Is it just me or the 1st page no longer has spec/talents recommendations on a fight by fight basis? I wonder. I'm going for Mythic Maidens tonight and I'm conflicted - I think I might want to go with Serv/Serv for our first kill because well, Demo with 2 Doomguards, DS + pot has like the best burst only beat by stampede hunters and whatnot, or go padaclysm? If serv/serv, do you still spam chaos waves non stop like you do with cataclysm?

You could also just say screw boomkins and put a lock portal from lock on either balcony.

You can't cast Demonic Circle on the balconies, actually. Or, at least, it wouldn't let me when I tried last week (not on Mythic, though I doubt that matters).

Quote Originally Posted by bio347 View Post
    You can't cast Demonic Circle on the balconies, actually. Or, at least, it wouldn't let me when I tried last week (not on Mythic, though I doubt that matters).
    There are very specific points along the edge where you can put one which allows you to teleport up (a couple of pixels) which lets you teleport up, stand there for a few seconds, and kill them as they spawn.

Quote Originally Posted by bio347 View Post
    You can. Our guild didn't have the best boomkin situation, so we used portals.

There are very specific points along the edge where you can put one which allows you to teleport up (a couple of pixels) which lets you teleport up, stand there for a few seconds, and kill them as they spawn.
    Ah, figures it would be something like that. Fair enough.

I actually just noticed this watching a stream this week after our rekill. I definitely tried to place a portal down during our progress and it won't let you. However just as Novx said, if you stand on the very edge of the balcony it should let you cast it there.

Novx could you elaborate a bit more as to where exactly the places are that you can put it down and how much of a gap you have to stand? Or anyone else that has done it?