Twitter | YouTube | Twitch
    Streaming and recording all Legion progress, Shadow / Warlock PoV

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atroxe View Post
    Heroic? Sure.
    Mythic? Nope.
    See you in a few weeks

A question about the Demo T18 4pc. I've been watching the logs as people in my guild assemble their sets. My combined damage from the Hellhounds and Satyrs is usually in the 2%-3% range. Meanwhile the BM Hunter's 4pc pet is regularly doing 10%-12% of his damage. Is this because:

1. The Demo 4pc bonus is terribly undertuned.
    2. The 4pc bonus requires the class trinket (which I don't have yet) to be at all effective.
    3. I'm doing something completely wrong.

Edit: And looking at the logs again, our Balance Druid is getting similar numbers to the BM Hunter with her own set's pet summon.
    Last edited by Kirroth; 2015-09-17 at 06:35 PM.

Deleted
    terribly undertuned/underwhelming

Blizzard doesn't want us to play demo. It's too complex. So they tuned it to be bad.

just curious, is it always better to cast HoG instead of CW just for the sake of getting a 4pc proc? (excluding situations where u need to kill lots of fragile stuff in seconds ie. Kormrok Hands)

Quote Originally Posted by Ptolemay View Post
    just curious, is it always better to cast HoG instead of CW just for the sake of getting a 4pc proc? (excluding situations where u need to kill lots of fragile stuff in seconds ie. Kormrok Hands)
    I'm confused as to what you are asking.
    Are you talking about using HoG so you can get more MC procs for 4pc or did you confuse 4pc with something else?

Regardless, HoG unless you are going to snapshot a CW with DS / Trinkets on multiple adds or for burst aoe.
    Shadow | Warlock | Druid
    <Encore>
    Twitter | YouTube | Twitch
    Streaming and recording all Legion progress, Shadow / Warlock PoV

Quote Originally Posted by Atroxe View Post
    I'm confused as to what you are asking.
    Are you talking about using HoG so you can get more MC procs for 4pc or did you confuse 4pc with something else?

Regardless, HoG unless you are going to snapshot a CW with DS / Trinkets on multiple adds or for burst aoe.
    exactly that yea, so it remains the same it was in BRF...cheers

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuux View Post
    Blizzard doesn't want us to play demo. It's too complex. So they tuned it to be bad.
    But feral? I do not understand. Feral is even less understandable.

Quote Originally Posted by Finnish Nerd View Post
    Feral is even less understandable.
    Feral feels pretty intuitive to me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by striderZA View Post
    Feral feels pretty intuitive to me.
    Talking new player perspective.

hello guys, this guide has been like a bible to me but right now looks like its a little bit outdated, specially in the trinkets part (maybe aIm wrong), could you lend me a hand to find which could be the best second trinket for warlock demo?.

Archi is the first one out of question, even in normal (someday, Archi H will show me some love), but for the other part, I want to know what to use., I have almost all the heroic collection but I'm not so sure.

in AoE fight I'm using DSI, and in single or moved AoE fights I'm using UGS (speciallly because I got it with speed). I have the CSP and the IRP but those I have them because I was using them in Affli to try the spec (BTW I hate it).

the thing is in the heroic box from Mythic dungeons quest I got the PoF which looks to me a real baddie excepting for the intellect, but a site which tells your BiSs says that is the chose one, and checking a simcraft from another site (IDK if I can link those sites here), says that the SP stage & its the one so, I'm a little confused. I´ll appreciate any advice that you can give me.

Quote Originally Posted by oaninor View Post
    hello guys, this guide has been like a bible to me but right now looks like its a little bit outdated, specially in the trinkets part (maybe aIm wrong), could you lend me a hand to find which could be the best second trinket for warlock demo?.

Archi is the first one out of question, even in normal (someday, Archi H will show me some love), but for the other part, I want to know what to use., I have almost all the heroic collection but I'm not so sure.

in AoE fight I'm using DSI, and in single or moved AoE fights I'm using UGS (speciallly because I got it with speed). I have the CSP and the IRP but those I have them because I was using them in Affli to try the spec (BTW I hate it).

the thing is in the heroic box from Mythic dungeons quest I got the PoF which looks to me a real baddie excepting for the intellect, but a site which tells your BiSs says that is the chose one, and checking a simcraft from another site (IDK if I can link those sites here), says that the SP stage & its the one so, I'm a little confused. I´ll appreciate any advice that you can give me.
    Trinket section isn't necessarily outdated but it hasn't seen any love for a while, that's true.

In terms of single target you'll go with DSI/Fragment while any kind of AoE you'll be looking more at DSI/UGoS (or DSI/PoF). The PoF combo is a bit more RNG mostly due to the nature of the trinket in the first place but also because when it procs you are basically forced into casting as many ToC as you can during the proc since it's the fastest hitting spell we have.

The listing on the main post is for single target (Patchwerk style) so it should probably be taken with a grain of salt since there aren't many of those (especially that you'd play Demo for).

Quote Originally Posted by Woz View Post
    Trinket section isn't necessarily outdated but it hasn't seen any love for a while, that's true.

In terms of single target you'll go with DSI/Fragment while any kind of AoE you'll be looking more at DSI/UGoS (or DSI/PoF). The PoF combo is a bit more RNG mostly due to the nature of the trinket in the first place but also because when it procs you are basically forced into casting as many ToC as you can during the proc since it's the fastest hitting spell we have.

The listing on the main post is for single target (Patchwerk style) so it should probably be taken with a grain of salt since there aren't many of those (especially that you'd play Demo for).
    thanks for the advice. last night in Mythic HF Assault I went with a weird combination, UGoS/PoF and I was at 70k sustained while I normally stays at 55k-60k, and that's when the boss ran away cause until that part, in the opening I get 320k peak and 110k sustained, normally was getting 280k peak and 85k sustained.

IDK if was the insane amount of intellect that I'm getting or what but I raise the dps on that fight to a really acceptable levels, was very pretty saw myself at seventh place in Skada between mages, hunters and combat rogues.

now, in M Iron Reaver, I was using DSI/fragment but my dps was really lame, maybe because I was more focused on killing bombs or something but 40k was reeeally lame, I normally do 55k on heroic.

Would demo be worth trying over affliction or destro with a 692 ilvl and no tier/class trinket? I can hold my own against other better geared people in my guild on normals/the first 5 heroic currently, but I'm not sure how demo would fair. I screw around with it during the week and like it a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by HopOnPop View Post
    Obviously Garrosh would win, it's like a gorilla vs a human... do you know how strong a gorilla is? He'll snap your dick off and throw it in the tall grass. Garrosh = dick-snapper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Sure. When I wake up in the middle of the night with a full tank, I just flip back the curtain and let it flow.

Quote Originally Posted by kneeo View Post
    Would demo be worth trying over affliction or destro with a 692 ilvl and no tier/class trinket? I can hold my own against other better geared people in my guild on normals/the first 5 heroic currently, but I'm not sure how demo would fair. I screw around with it during the week and like it a lot.
    It won't.
    No tier and no class trinket, destro is better. You'll have to work your ass off to get similar results as demon since your mastery is very low with 692 ilvl.

Works for me. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by HopOnPop View Post
    Obviously Garrosh would win, it's like a gorilla vs a human... do you know how strong a gorilla is? He'll snap your dick off and throw it in the tall grass. Garrosh = dick-snapper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Sure. When I wake up in the middle of the night with a full tank, I just flip back the curtain and let it flow.

Quote Originally Posted by oaninor View Post
    now, in M Iron Reaver, I was using DSI/fragment but my dps was really lame, maybe because I was more focused on killing bombs or something but 40k was reeeally lame, I normally do 55k on heroic.
    If you're dead set on playing Demo for Iron Reaver you have to treat it like you're playing Aff and ignore bombs unless it's during her flight phase. And if it's progression you might as well just play Aff or Destro (if people suck at bombs).

Whats everyone's thoughts on Demo playstyle and being a little more competitive come 6.2.3 with the valor upgrade to the gear and class trinket.

More imps help improve the spec?

Reason i'm asking I just went back to demo tonight starting on Mannoroth Mythic, curious to see whats the feeling from the Demo community on it.

I personally don't use the class trinket much as destro or affliction currently.