Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Who has played the hyperdimension neptunia game series.

I just discovered this game series today and I have been looking into it. It seems to me that its a JRPG that makes a ton of puns about the gaming industry and the history of it.
    Like each main character seems to be a pun about Nintendo/Sony/Microsoft/Sega/16Bit/32Bit ect......
    So who has played it and what is ur opinion of it. Also I have noticed the typical show young girls in barely little armor while they do combat JRPG.

Been bored and looking for a different game series to play. Considering getting into JRPG's and I stumbled across this.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

15+ Year Old Account
    Er what? Share a link?

You might like The Stanley's Parable, not a rpg but kinda of makes fun of gaming in general.
    Last edited by apepi; 2014-10-10 at 05:09 AM.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Er what? Share a like?

You might like The Stanley's Parable, not a rpg but kinda of makes fun of gaming in general.
    Not sure what you ment by the first part but as for the Stanley's Parable isn't that PC only atm? was looking more into console.

This was just a random game I stumbled acrossed seems like a odd game. I kinda want to play something off the wall random and this seems to be as random as you can get LOL.

Here is the trailer from Hyperdimension Neptunia Rebirth.

"To be clear the video is clean no M rated stuff"
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have. One of my favorite series.
    Waiting for V2 <3

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    I have. One of my favorite series.
    How is it in ur opinion? I never have gotten into JRPG's must even tho I have wanted to. I'm a big fan of anime and anime style stuff....

A used game store by me has the 2 for ps3 and I though about getting them they are like $25 each. Also I am a bit of a trophy hunter so I figured I mite platium them if I like them enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, it's not something for everyone I suppose.

The Vita (Re;Birth) version for the 1st game is a lot different compared to the PS3 version. English VA is dumb, don't bother.
    Granted I played Re;Birth 1 / 2 in Japanese and V on PS3 with Japanese voice translated very horrendously (very very) by NiSA.

1st game's combat is... interesting. I would get Re;birth if I were to replay the 1st one (I do have the disc for PS3).

Difficulty can be a bitch slap if you're not expecting it.

Well, it's not something for everyone I suppose.

The Vita (Re;Birth) version for the 1st game is a lot different compared to the PS3 version. English VA is dumb, don't bother.
    Granted I played Re;Birth 1 / 2 in Japanese and V on PS3 with Japanese voice translated very horrendously (very very) by NiSA.

1st game's combat is... interesting. I would get Re;birth if I were to replay the 1st one (I do have the disc for PS3).

Difficulty can be a bitch slap if you're not expecting it.
    Thats good to know.

On the Ps3 are they story wise in this order? Hyperdimension Neptunia/Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2/Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory.

I won't have a vita until next spring or so so that version is out of the question. It seems kinda interesting was just wanting to know more about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Story wise its

Neptune - Not continued.

Neptune mk2 > Neptune V > Neptune VII

Chou Megami Shinkou Noire Black Heart is a standalone.

Story wise its

Neptune - Not continued.

Neptune mk2 > Neptune V > Neptune VII

Chou Megami Shinkou Noire Black Heart is a standalone.
    O ok and no clue what the last thing is you said hahahaha. I take it this is just one of those games that has a aquired taste and went under the radar a bit.

I think I'm going to check it out. Give me something different besides the normal midevil RPG or shooters out there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    O ok and no clue what the last thing is you said hahahaha. I take it this is just one of those games that has a aquired taste and went under the radar a bit.

I think I'm going to check it out. Give me something different besides the normal midevil RPG or shooters out there.
    Well, it's made by Compile Heart, which to begin with most of their games are an acquired taste. :P

I was looking into getting the first one a few years back. Opted against it at that time. However, I picked another "random off the wall game" instead (Ar Tonelico) and ended up falling in love with it, so I'm definitely a fan of taking risks on weird games

Speaking of which, seeing as this is on the Vita now, I might pick up the JP version...hmm.

15+ Year Old Account
    They are terrible but I love them so take that for what you will.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chiquihuite View Post
    I was looking into getting the first one a few years back. Opted against it at that time. However, I picked another "random off the wall game" instead (Ar Tonelico) and ended up falling in love with it, so I'm definitely a fan of taking risks on weird games

Speaking of which, seeing as this is on the Vita now, I might pick up the JP version...hmm.
    Honestly if you can read Japanese, please get the Japanese version. NISA is so bad.

15+ Year Old Account
    Honestly if you can read Japanese, please get the Japanese version. NISA is so bad.
    But nisa didn't do rebirth. He should get that.

Sadly I can't read Japanese so ill be stuck with the english version lol.

ill still check them out tho. I have spent $25 on worse. They are $25 each.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2014-10-10 at 04:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    But nisa didn't do rebirth. He should get that.
    They didn't? If not I don't know, give it a try with it?

If I remember correctly, Idea Factory assembled(wrong word?) their own localization team so maybe better?

They didn't? If not I don't know, give it a try with it?

If I remember correctly, Idea Factory assembled(wrong word?) their own localization team so maybe better?
    I know I asked but I got a little confused with ur reply lol.

What is the order story wise with these. http://www.gamestop.com/browse/plays...ia,28-xp0,138d

The used game stop by me only has 2 out of the 3 and I can't remember what 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    So
    1st Neptune is a standalone story.
    Neptune Mk2 Neptune V and Neptune VII are all story related.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I know I asked but I got a little confused with ur reply lol.

What is the order story wise with these. http://www.gamestop.com/browse/plays...ia,28-xp0,138d

The used game stop by me only has 2 out of the 3 and I can't remember what 2.
    Do not get one on ps3, you will not like it. Get it for vita. Mk2 and v are the better ones but they are also getting vita versions next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Do not get one on ps3, you will not like it. Get it for vita. Mk2 and v are the better ones but they are also getting vita versions next year.
    Cool but I won't have a vita until next year lol.

Still trying to justfi getting a vita.