Deleted
    And I expected the artifact talents to be interesting... Looks like only 3 of them will change anything on how we play, the rest is booring and inconsequencial "boost that by 10%" just like most of old pre-MoP talents.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwak View Post
    20% absorb boost on Cocoon doesn't seem nearly enough, unless the base amount is buffed.
    A free ReM and EM when cast is cool though.
    You can add multiple points into the coccoon talent and it's 10% more shield per 1 point. There is a baseline of 3 points you can put into it, but blizzard said your relics dropped will allow you to add even MORE points into certain talents. Not saying that this makes the coccoon talent super amazing or anything, but it's 30% instead of 20%, and possible 40% or more depending on how many additional points we can pack into it.

I am in love with our talent tree though. So many interesting talents. Revival sounds pretty badass now. The animations are gonna be ridiculous with all this Chi-Ji and Yu'lon summoning and mists are going to be literally flying all over the fucking place all the time and I am going to love it. XD

It almost makes me less bitter about the lack of eminence.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gragagrogog View Post
    And I expected the artifact talents to be interesting... Looks like only 3 of them will change anything on how we play, the rest is booring and inconsequencial "boost that by 10%" just like most of old pre-MoP talents.
    There's nothing wrong with that, and they said it'll take even the most dedicated players months into Legion before they can fill their talent trees, so it'll be a nice change of pace going back to the old talent tree system for once since Cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by Slakos View Post
    So a preliminary artifact talent trees are released on the front page of MMO. It's kinda what i expected, flat passive boosts or procs. Was really holding out hope that we would get a lot more depth somewhere. I think the core abilities will work very well, but I feel like we won't have anything to watch/manage/deal with outside of basic healing.
    Never forget "Just wait for the artifacts guise, that's where our cool stuff is hiding!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    You can add multiple points into the coccoon talent and it's 10% more shield per 1 point. There is a baseline of 3 points you can put into it, but blizzard said your relics dropped will allow you to add even MORE points into certain talents. Not saying that this makes the coccoon talent super amazing or anything, but it's 30% instead of 20%, and possible 40% or more depending on how many additional points we can pack into it.
    Actually, if the current calculators are to be believed, higher ranks will give a lower % boost. The Cocoon one is 10% -> 15% -> 20%. And the Enveloping Mist one is 6% -> 10% -> 13%.
    nobody knows what the eventually increments or values will be though.

with regards to the artifact i think the idea will be:

mists of sheilun > shroud of mist (1pt) > extended healing (1pt) > infusion of life (1pt) > blessings of yu'lon > coalescing mists (1pt) > dancing mist > light on your feet (1pt only, ever lol) > mists of life > celestial breath > harmony and focus > soothing remedies (1pt) > way of the mistweaver (1pt) > protection of shaohao (1pt ) > shaohao's mists of wisdom

and thne you'll fill out extended healing > infusion of life > soothing remedies > way of the mistweaver > shroud of mists > protection of shaohao > coalescing mists

after that any excess points will go towards extended healing, infusion of life or soothing remedies imo

10+ Year Old Account
    These artifact bonuses are pretty solid imo.

Life cocoon just needs to be comparable to 45 second 50% dr ironbark. Add in some good utility and we're set boyz

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Slakos View Post
    So a preliminary artifact talent trees are released on the front page of MMO. It's kinda what i expected, flat passive boosts or procs. Was really holding out hope that we would get a lot more depth somewhere. I think the core abilities will work very well, but I feel like we won't have anything to watch/manage/deal with outside of basic healing.
    I think that's the point. Every class is meant to be pretty simple.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    with regards to the artifact i think the idea will be:

mists of sheilun > shroud of mist (1pt) > extended healing (1pt) > infusion of life (1pt) > blessings of yu'lon > coalescing mists (1pt) > dancing mist > light on your feet (1pt only, ever lol) > mists of life > celestial breath > harmony and focus > soothing remedies (1pt) > way of the mistweaver (1pt) > protection of shaohao (1pt ) > shaohao's mists of wisdom

and thne you'll fill out extended healing > infusion of life > soothing remedies > way of the mistweaver > shroud of mists > protection of shaohao > coalescing mists

after that any excess points will go towards extended healing, infusion of life or soothing remedies imo
    Is Life Cocoon applying ReM + EM strictly more beneficial than a 6% better SooM + TFT extra charge? I can see situations where you could delay this until after you've picked Celestial Breath, completely ignoring Light on Your Feet. It doesn't seem like there are necessarily bad talents besides the obviously PvP focused ones in the bottom right.

Initial Trait:
    • The Mists of Sheilun: Proc from healing that buffs HoT healing, which when expired, explodes to heal for some amount. It's not bad, not worth drooling over though.
    Major Traits:
    • Blessings of Yu'lon: Everyone healed by revival will be healed for some percentage of revival over 6 seconds. This is pretty underwhelming; A major trait that makes our Revival have a little mini tranquility on top of it. Overhealing for years.
    • Celestial Breath: After using TFT you basically exhale the current Breath of the Serpent. Depending on how much this heals for this could cause a lot of anxiety over what is most efficient.
    • Shaohao's Mists of Wisdom: If I'm reading this right it's a HoT that ticks twice in a 100 yard range? Alright I guess.

A lot of the lesser traits are much more interesting. Life Cocoon applying ReM + EM, causing ReM to sometimes duplicate, and Spirit Tether causing a perma-snare around your transcendance (PvP). I know I'm being a bit pessimistic considering none of the values are even in place or the proc chances on any of these things, I'm just taking these with a grain of salt.
    Last edited by Solemnity; 2015-11-27 at 04:34 PM.

Deleted
    So if i do:

H&F + Dancing Mists + Focused Thunder

I can spread 7+ ReM around np

Deleted
    some good traits, like the RenM duplication, the second charge on TFT
    don't know what to think about the majors traits, but i really don't like healing procs with absolute no control
    althought im disapointed to not see pools of mist

It's not very bad, but i'm jaleous when i see the Rdruid artefact tree ( instant tranqui + maxi buff during 8sec, AOE rejuv lolilol ..)

i like our artifact tree tbh

32 second long ReM seems very solid. Get those suckers bouncing around the raid.
    Izzirogue of Tyrannosaurus Rekt - Hyjal | @izzirez

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroAvix View Post
    32 second long ReM seems very solid. Get those suckers bouncing around the raid.
    isnt it 28?

All passive traits can be boosted to 5 ranks up from 3 through relics so yes it's 32. To see the full effect at 5 ranks just switch the artifact rank from 3 to 5 on the url.
    Like this one: http://beta.wowdb.com/spells/199372-...artifactRank=5

Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    All passive traits can be boosted to 5 ranks up from 3 through relics so yes it's 32. To see the full effect at 5 ranks just switch the artifact rank from 3 to 5 on the url.
    Like this one: http://beta.wowdb.com/spells/199372-...artifactRank=5
    thanks!

i wonder if tanks will even need healing at this point haha

Shouldn't Celestial Breath just be Breath of Yu'lon?

I like it, especially if the animation is us swigging the bottle and then like we're casting Breath of Fire but has the Statue breath spell effect (it looks amazing for such an awful talent).

I'd like it to be good because flavor-wise it's really cool.

Blessings of Yu'lon should just make 50% of Revival act as a hot over 6 seconds than add a hot. Revival doesn't need to heal for even more and this sounds like a great optional talent if you're raid doesn't have a Resto Druid. I have a feeling it's tacked on because they know that hot will be 90% overhealing. Cool effect but it really should make a portion of Revival into a HoT.

Shaohao's Mists could be really strong if it's tuned to be that way, but atm it seems boring because right now we have like 50 effects that heal allies around us and this is a major Artifact talent that doesn't really change things like the Blessings/Breath seem to change things.

Suggestion- Shaohao's Concealing Mists: Causes Life cocoon to make the next two attacks that hit for 50% or more of the target's HP to miss. (flavor is you're shielding your tank like the way Shaohao shielded Pandaria WITH the staff Shaohao used. this is like a metric asston of monk flavor.)

Deleted
    We will continue to be gods of HPS. I luv it. Go live already.

I really want to see the animations for a lot of this. I hope we get some new ones. MW at the very least should look very cool when it plays. We'll have to see the number tuning to know how good we'll actually be though.

Looking at other specs, the MW traits are pretty boring in comparison. They sound cool and flashy, but at the end of the day they are mostly just HPS procs that are largely uncontrollable and don't actually affect gameplay at all. Let's look at a few of them:

Anything involving Renewing Mist - this is an auto-pilot spell now, has no interaction with other spells anymore except Vivify procs. When it was connected to Uplift there might be something interesting in lasting longer or duplicating itself, but now that it's just an HPS button anything affecting it is just more HPS that won't actually alter gameplay.

Mists of Sheilun - A random proc that increases HoT healing and then heals at the end. If the healing at the end were similar to the legendary ring and it was based on your healing during the proc then you might have something interesting, but otherwise it's just a +HPS proc.

Shaohao's Mists of Wisdom - another +HPS proc that doesn't interact with anything special. It's not like you're going to want to cast ReM more than you already do (hint: literally whenever possible), so it doesn't really change anything.

Blessings of Yu'lon - Makes Revival better against channeled raid-wide spells. You were still going to use it for these anyway, it's just better now.

Dancing Mists - A +HPS proc with the side-effect of generating more Vivify procs.

Mists of Life - Oh boy one that might actually affect gameplay! Now you'll never need to actually personally heal the target of Life Cocoon to take advantage of the HoT buff because it will be applied for you. This pushes Life Cocoon much further towards being a LoH-type CD rather than a Pain Suppression type of CD, which drastically changes how it is used.

Harmony and Focus - At this rate MW gameplay is going to be more about TFT than it is about anything else. This probably makes Focused Thunder by far the best talent in its row because the potential burst healing will be insane (meanwhile the other 2 talents in the row are terrible anyways).

Celestial Breath - Answers the question of how TFT is supposed to help with AoE healing (since channeling EF while moving isn't exactly the biggest throughput increase in the world).
    ___

Changes I would make:

Mists of Sheilun's end heal being based off of HoT healing done during its proc (incentivizes changing spell usage when it procs instead of just letting it happen).

Shaohao's Mists of Wisdom proccing off of Effuse instead of ReM (ReM is too high priority already and Effuse is too low, would make it a more interesting spell).

Celestial Breath - I'd make this a cone. That's probably a super unpopular statement, but it's "breath" and there are already far too many PBAoE abilities and zero cones.

I'm also pretty underwhelmed with our artifact talents so far. Its not bad but I was hoping for more gameplay interaction, and especially a little more interaction with our mastery which seems to be looking worse and worse based on the type of gameplay they seem to be pushing (HoTs? like the mists of sheilune only increases our HoT effects, and we only have 2: one with a cooldown and the other with a cast time ??)

There should be a talent that causes renewing mist ticks to have a X% chance to trigger your mastery. Right now the mastery doesnt have synergy with anything but effuse whack-a-mole.
    There should also be a talent that lets soothing mist continue on your enveloping mist target regardless of casting another spell. This might make enveloping mist good..

Changes I would make:

Mists of Sheilun's end heal being based off of HoT healing done during its proc (incentivizes changing spell usage when it procs instead of just letting it happen).

Shaohao's Mists of Wisdom proccing off of Effuse instead of ReM (ReM is too high priority already and Effuse is too low, would make it a more interesting spell).

Celestial Breath - I'd make this a cone. That's probably a super unpopular statement, but it's "breath" and there are already far too many PBAoE abilities and zero cones
    Okay, the only good idea here is Shaohaos Mists of Wisdom proccing from effuse, except effuse isnt a mist spell since they decided they didnt like surging mist(?) so I dont think it fits the talent. The cone on TFT.. making the talent worse just for the sake of being different is not really helping. As for Mists of Sheilune, I agree the talent could be more interactive. I really wish they would do something with Vivify/Effuse because they're completely left out of the talent tree apart from their +healing talents.

Celestial breath seems cool, and the new Revival is great for - as before mentioned - raid channeled spells.

I looked at Rdruid ones, liked them a lot....already really liked Rsham talents too, waiting to see their artifact traits. Im still giving MW first dibs though for my main in Legion, but Im going to keep up another healer alt. I feel with how these weps are itll be a little easier to keep an alt going >.> I hope

PS Druid 2 min tranq totes unfair.
    Last edited by Staryu; 2015-11-28 at 03:28 AM.