Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    okay i'm retarded

i swear when i saw the tooltip i saw "instant cast"
    It's not you, a lot of the AoE heal tooltips were originally datamined as Instant and only later were the actual cast times found.

Anyway Vivify isn't just Binding Heal. Of the other people healed, none of them have to be yourself. Vivify will also leave Soothing on the initial target which leads to technically more HPM on the person you pick, making target selection somewhat important.

It's also just a terrible raid healing tool because it just heals the closest people instead of any people in a range, which is never really good and it ultimately only ends up healing 3 people in a world where Essence Font exists. It's a spot healing tool that will be used to clean up after the majority of raid healing is over, not something you'll be using to deal with the raid dying on you.

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    It's not you, a lot of the AoE heal tooltips were originally datamined as Instant and only later were the actual cast times found.

Anyway Vivify isn't just Binding Heal. Of the other people healed, none of them have to be yourself. Vivify will also leave Soothing on the initial target which leads to technically more HPM on the person you pick, making target selection somewhat important.

It's also just a terrible raid healing tool because it just heals the closest people instead of any people in a range, which is never really good and it ultimately only ends up healing 3 people in a world where Essence Font exists. It's a spot healing tool that will be used to clean up after the majority of raid healing is over, not something you'll be using to deal with the raid dying on you.
    agreed, and you'd want to spam out EF purely because you're likely to generate more benefit from your main artifact perk

agreed, and you'd want to spam out EF purely because you're likely to generate more benefit from your main artifact perk
    This is specifically in a raid-wide damage scenario though. Things do change if we ever get back to the days where things hit the raid that didn't necessarily damage the whole raid at once, in which case Lifecycles is basically Holy Paladin Mode and makes EF a lot less desirable. Mastery being tuned to absurd levels (causing MWs to stack it) would also kind of force EF out of the picture as it does not benefit from mastery whatsoever.

while nothing is really known about the artifact stuff, i hope we're able to respecc at will... because ultimately we can choose from up to 3 different playstyles just by switching around a few talents. it's all meaningless though if we can't respecc our artifact traits at will ;_;

Artifacts are probably respecced in your class hall, at the forge where you change their appearance.

Deleted
    It should be switchable, they said multi-dps spec classes won't be forced to swap specs on each boss in raid and that talents + artifact should be enough to switch from "single target spec" to "multitarget spec".

10+ Year Old Account
    Regarding Pool of Mists; we are still waiting on the 110 talent row right?

I'm hoping we see Pool of Mists reappear there. No one wants to go back to the mandatory ReM on CD no matter what playstyle. Even Blizz acknowledged it was a shit playstyle IIRC

Quote Originally Posted by Rife View Post
    Regarding Pool of Mists; we are still waiting on the 110 talent row right?

I'm hoping we see Pool of Mists reappear there. No one wants to go back to the mandatory ReM on CD no matter what playstyle. Even Blizz acknowledged it was a shit playstyle IIRC
    There is no 110 talent row.

while nothing is really known about the artifact stuff, i hope we're able to respecc at will... because ultimately we can choose from up to 3 different playstyles just by switching around a few talents. it's all meaningless though if we can't respecc our artifact traits at will ;_;
    Drewbob ‏@Drewbobmiller 7h7 hours ago
    @WarcraftDevs How long do you anticipate it taking a reasonably diligent player to max out traits a weapon? A month? Multiple patches?
    https://twitter.com/Drewbobmiller/st...52396258725888

WarcraftDevs ‏@WarcraftDevs 3h3 hours ago
    @Drewbobmiller Not multiple patches. Most likely between 1 and 3 months, but we haven't finalized tuning on it yet.
    https://twitter.com/WarcraftDevs/sta...13554038620160

P.S. Without any Crit synergy for the spec and assuming (a) Haste is one of our top two stats and (b) there still aren't enough Vers pieces to stack Vers, whether Vers>Crit or Crit>Vers depends on how good Mastery is. If Crit>Mastery, then we'll stack Haste+Crit and Vers>Crit due to DR. If Mastery>Crit, we'll stack Haste+Mastery and Crit>Vers. Probably. They will be very close.

Actually they were also talking about making Vers cost less, so maybe Vers>Crit will happen regardless.
    Legion Mistweaver Stat Weights SPREADSHEET --- Stat weights DISCUSSION THREAD
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Geodew View Post
    P.S. Without any Crit synergy for the spec and assuming (a) Haste is one of our top two stats and (b) there still aren't enough Vers pieces to stack Vers, whether Vers>Crit or Crit>Vers depends on how good Mastery is. If Crit>Mastery, then we'll stack Haste+Crit and Vers>Crit due to DR. If Mastery>Crit, we'll stack Haste+Mastery and Crit>Vers. Probably. They will be very close.

Actually they were also talking about making Vers cost less, so maybe Vers>Crit will happen regardless.
    Well I guess it also depends on the way they create raid encounters ( majority of spike-damage mechanics or pounding ) . Mastery might as well be the most appreciated stat. Also, do we know what our class bonus stat is ?

There are no bonus stats anymore, every class gets same scaling from every stat.

Quote Originally Posted by Darnys View Post
    Well I guess it also depends on the way they create raid encounters ( majority of spike-damage mechanics or pounding ) . Mastery might as well be the most appreciated stat.
    What do you mean? I wouldn't think it would matter that much.
    Legion Mistweaver Stat Weights SPREADSHEET --- Stat weights DISCUSSION THREAD
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise

Quote Originally Posted by Geodew View Post
    What do you mean? I wouldn't think it would matter that much.
    Well the theoretical motivation behind our Mastery is that it further polarizes Soothing Mist v. non-Soothing Mist healing styles. If damage is low and you're spending a lot of time channeling Soothing Mist, then you'll be getting less Mastery procs. Conversely, burning mana on spamming active heals (like Vivify) generates a ton of Mastery procs. If damage intake is low and constant, you might be able to get away with a lot of Soothing Mist spam (low Mastery value). If damage intake is spiky, you'll have to go through critical periods where you'll be spamming a lot of heals (high Mastery value).

Of course, if Essence Font, Revival, Celestial Breath, and Renewing Mist turn out to be our go-to spells for critical, high-damage moments, then this theory of Mastery doesn't apply. Hopefully the devs realize that.

It'll be interesting having a Mastery that only benefits half our healing sources. Even current Disc mastery also boosts their non-absorb spells a bit. And unlike Disc Mastery, it's not clear whether the spells our Mastery is boosting have some significant advantage over those that our Mastery isn't boosting. It's all a matter of tuning, but the current design definitely has the possibility of making Mastery a terrible stat if we're mostly doing Essence Font / Renewing Mist / Revival / smart heals.
    Last edited by Adaren; 2015-12-01 at 04:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adaren View Post
    Well the theoretical motivation behind our Mastery is that it further polarizes Soothing Mist v. non-Soothing Mist healing styles. If damage is low and you're spending a lot of time channeling Soothing Mist, then you'll be getting less Mastery procs. Conversely, burning mana on spamming active heals (like Vivify) generates a ton of Mastery procs. If damage intake is low and constant, you might be able to get away with a lot of Soothing Mist spam (low Mastery value). If damage intake is spiky, you'll have to go through critical periods where you'll be spamming a lot of heals (high Mastery value).

Of course, if Essence Font, Revival, Celestial Breath, and Renewing Mist turn out to be our go-to spells for critical, high-damage moments, then this theory of Mastery doesn't apply. Hopefully the devs realize that.

It'll be interesting having a Mastery that only benefits half our healing sources. Even current Disc mastery also boosts their non-absorb spells a bit. And unlike Disc Mastery, it's not clear whether the spells our Mastery is boosting have some significant advantage over those that our Mastery isn't boosting. It's all a matter of tuning, but the current design definitely has the possibility of making Mastery a terrible stat if we're mostly doing Essence Font / Renewing Mist / Revival / smart heals.
    I think your logic is a bit backwards. If we gear for low constant damage we're not going to be as capable on spiked or intensive damage. This is assuming of course our mastery has coefficients capable of polarizing to this extent. If damage is low and you're SooMing everything, most healers are going to be sitting on their hands or using their Healer Brand™ damaging abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Solemnity View Post
    I think your logic is a bit backwards. If we gear for low constant damage we're not going to be as capable on spiked or intensive damage. This is assuming of course our mastery has coefficients capable of polarizing to this extent. If damage is low and you're SooMing everything, most healers are going to be sitting on their hands or using their Healer Brand™ damaging abilities.
    He's talking about like single target spiky, obviously if it's raid-wide spikes Essence Font is going to be far more desirable of a cast than Vivify.

That said, there's an entire build that can be done to turn MW into a Holy Paladin.

Take Lifecycles for constant casting and just alternate EM and Vivify with ReM on CD. Allow Soothing to linger on your last target if further healing isn't needed (and buff it by taking JSS + Soothing Elegance). The near-spamming of EM procs Shaohao's a lot. Life Cocoon would be used more as a LoH than a damage reduction CD. TFT would almost entirely be used on ReM or Effuse if you need a burst of spot helaing. Take Mana Tea for even more ridiculously sustained heal spam.

This build does virtually zero AoE healing, but it has the mana sustainability to work pretty much forever as Lifecycles could alternatively read "Vivify and Enveloping Mists cost 30% mana as long as you don't cast the same one twice before casting the other." This is essentially what live Holy Paladin is, spamming single target heals for an entire fight with zero downtime because they're just so cheap, and brought to raids because they're also powerful while still being cheap.

The alternative build is the "hurr durr I'm a Resto Druid" build that just seems to abuse the hell out of TFT and ReM to HoT nearly the whole raid constantly.

except we dont have beacon of light/faith or good tank cds

except we dont have beacon of light/faith or good tank cds
    Just talking about playstyle. Current build of MW is still not a desirable healer of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    Just talking about playstyle. Current build of MW is still not a desirable healer of course.
    our aoe healing is the best currently

but that's all we have, aoe healing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    Vivify is clearly just a spot healing tool, it's binding heal 2.0. When was the last time you saw a priest use Binding Heal for serious AoE?
    Regularly. Holy priests using the high burst rotation of Glyphed Binding Heal x2 then PoH happens all the time. Though granted, they are using the binding heal for serendipity, rather than specifically the healing it provides.