Page 2 of 451 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I know haste isn't that great.. but do you really think people should use those 665s rings over the 680 legendary one?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreyen View Post
    I know haste isn't that great.. but do you really think people should use those 665s rings over the 680 legendary one?
    I couldn't find the Mythic version of the items in the database, but the list is built around the 695 Mythic items. Once they're available for linking, I'll update the list.

Edit: Oh wait, I'm an idiot. There's a little dropdown to select Mythic. Updating now.
    Last edited by Monkioh; 2014-10-11 at 02:52 AM.

Deleted
    Thanks for this guide. It is very helpful. I'm looking forward for later information regarding gems, enchants, tinkering (although you've covered the stat-prioritization).

Once again, great work and thanks for sharing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkioh View Post
    What specifically don't you agree with? We should discuss anything that seems off or incorrect because the last thing this spec needs is more misinformation floating around. If there's a way I can edit this guide to be less opinion and more fact, please do point that out.
    Sure, however as I mentioned later on in my statement, my reason for not naming anything specifically is because everything has barely been tested enough, and not live yet There's a few but, I'll just name the one that struck me the most as out of place, which is the recommendation for the lvl 100 talent. Now I understand with the recent buff of Uplift it might seem to be the only viable option to take Pool of Mists, however, one should note that Chi Explosion also has the nice feature of the healing orbs at 4 chi, along with solid AoE healing, and with the recent buffing of healing from those orbs, it is certainly worth it imo to switch to Chi Explosion for stacked fights. This of course would depend on the amount of AoE damage, and how much you will be stacked, but from my experience, I always keep renewing mists on CD regardless, so Pool of Mists is very nice for spreadout fights where you can pretty much do what the old TFT did in terms of covering raid with ReM, however with less optimization.

Then from a more personal perspective, I'm a bit unsure on the Multistrike vs Crit issue, since I value Crit alot due to its mana tea procs. While number-wise multistrike might be advantageous in HPS, however with the limited amount of spirit on gear, and depending on how mana starved we will be, one should consider going crit in the first tier or 2 until we become more stable mana-wise. This is something I've felt necessary when healing on beta since the spec felt mana starved. I was however also using RJW, and things got certainly better when switching to Chi Torpedo, so its all in perspective.

However, as I mentioned before, I'm still reluctant to state something as fact or criticize since it's all very opinionated, and my problem lies more in with the recommendation aspect of it than the actual numbers ^^

I will update on wedensday when 6.0 hits live, and give you more solid feedback!

10+ Year Old Account
    x2 uplifts > CE.

This doesn't even factor in the healing increase from PoM, the raw utility it provides, and the ability to stance dance easily.

CE is shit outside of pure crane stance.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovestar View Post
    That should definitely be in the guide btw, it's not something most people notice about Roll's behavior and it has a huge effect on the usability of Torp.
    Wait.. Wasn't that "fixed" a while back? o_o Or only nerfed? Can't check right now..
    =
    Bowick
    Mistweaver Monk

Officer @ The Raven Council - EU

Deleted
    Does somebody know how many haste we will need at level 100 to get back our 1sec gcd ?

Just curiosity, to see if it's possible that crane stance becomes fun again

10+ Year Old Account
    Concerning Fistweaving: when do you CJL to generate chi, and when do you Jab?
    History Teacher - Boarding School Residence Advisor - Polyglot of Profanity

Deleted
    Really nice guide!

So whats ur opinion on the monk right now? I didn't test so much on the Monk, because he was really bad at the begining... =( So, how do you compare him against the other Healers, can we rely on the Mistweaver?

Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post
    x2 uplifts > CE.

This doesn't even factor in the healing increase from PoM, the raw utility it provides, and the ability to stance dance easily.

CE is shit outside of pure crane stance.

I made this for the fifty million times this will be brought up over the next few months.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post

I made this for the fifty million times this will be brought up over the next few months.
    they should do so 4x CE = 1980 or 2000 so it is equal or slightly better then 2x uplift.

I guess a potential CE use is when your REM targets are topped off... Not saying that it's not lacking though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sakk View Post
    Does somebody know how many haste we will need at level 100 to get back our 1sec gcd ?

Just curiosity, to see if it's possible that crane stance becomes fun again
    Crane Stance doesn't need haste at all with t17 4pc.

Haste is awful for monks for both stances.

10+ Year Old Account
    Updated to include link to official notes, gems, enchants, consumables, and a section on 4-Chi CE vs 2 Uplifts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dekki View Post
    Concerning Fistweaving: when do you CJL to generate chi, and when do you Jab?
    Jab should be your main source of Chi. CJL can give you a lot of Chi very quickly, but it will also drain your mana just as quickly. A scenario I could see CJL being used is you are Fistweaving and the melee just took a large hit and are expecting another very soon. You could use a 4-Chi Chi Explosion, then cast CJL until you have 4 Chi, then cast another 4-Chi Chi Explosion. Again, doing this more than once or twice will destroy your mana, so don't rely on it.

Turns out the quoted section on CE vs Uplift had a typo, 990% x 2 is not actually 1880 but 1980. I've edited the source post to reflect that, not that it changes anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    Turns out the quoted section on CE vs Uplift had a typo, 990% x 2 is not actually 1880 but 1980. I've edited the source post to reflect that, not that it changes anything.
    Got it, updated.

So, I've spoken with my Guild Master and for Patch 6.0.2 onwards I'll be a Mistweaver instead of a Brewmaster, and I can't even fathom why Chi Explosion is so utterly poor for both of them. It's the worst talent of the lot for both the roles, and that's just really sad.

It's an interesting ability, I really want it to be useful because it feels so nice to use, but it's so poor!

Having tested Mistweaver on the Beta, the only thing I find rather irritating now is how Soothing Mist doesn't generate Chi. Not sure why that's been removed to be honest. I feel that Chi Brew is now mandatory for Mistweaver, but perhaps I've not tested it enough.

Quick question, but where are Mistweavers in the grand scheme of things compared to other healers? It's not too much of a concern of mine, but I'd like to know how we generally compare to other classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    So, I've spoken with my Guild Master and for Patch 6.0.2 onwards I'll be a Mistweaver instead of a Brewmaster, and I can't even fathom why Chi Explosion is so utterly poor for both of them. It's the worst talent of the lot for both the roles, and that's just really sad.
    It's actually pretty simple really, in a moment of panic that MW was completely terrible they buffed Uplift by 50% and in typical Blizzard fashion forgot to check to make sure that didn't render talents completely worthless or other talents absolutely mandatory.

I'll leave the state of MWs to everyone else to discuss, I've had quite enough of that conversation lately.

Without wanting to get into the depths of it then, where would you place Mistweavers generally speaking?

Top, Mid-Range or Bottom?

Average, but lacking utility and a powerful raid cooldown, also has very particular gearing needs (haste/mastery gear is basically forbidden). You can get by using a MW, but almost any other healer would probably serve the raid better.