with the amount of raid dmg prevalent you'll just go to the tried and true rjw rem uplift tbh

oh ya i think we'll be #1 healer on the hellfire council fight btw. in the burn part where you have the mark on everyone, revival dispels everyone resetting each person's mark dmg

pretty sick tbh
    Last edited by Floopa; 2015-05-01 at 02:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The class trinket pretty shit overall, ignoring the potential of 2pc w/ chi ex. Way too much movement/spread healing from what I seen to ever make it worthwhile, outside of extremely niche situations (ala oregorger p1). Not to mention zero fistweaving benefit, and the loss of the spirit from BRF trinkets.

The effect has to be INSANE for it to be worthwhile for monks.

EDIT: I suck
    Last edited by Supliftz; 2015-05-01 at 05:30 PM.

Yep, you guys pretty much spelled it out, low SooM uptime being the most important thing, which is only contributed to by movement and it only being valuable for stacked raids. I'll try to make a mathematical estimate of its worth in stat points at some point too, just to "prove" it.

I think Suplift saying it makes it better didn't mean to imply that "better" = "good?" Cause then he just contradicted himself :P
    Legion Mistweaver Stat Weights SPREADSHEET --- Stat weights DISCUSSION THREAD
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Suplift saying it makes it better didn't mean to imply that "better" = "good?" Cause then he just contradicted himself :P
    Yeah I worded that poorly. Fixed my posts to reflect what I actually mean.

Please do math it out, so mw can actually get a good class trinket
    Last edited by Supliftz; 2015-05-01 at 05:30 PM.

Deleted
    Is there a Guide for Raid CD´s blackrock foundry?

I have a question for those of you who did Mythic Blackhand. What's your strategy for phase 1? Do you run with the ranged group, do you stay in melee and avoid bombs or are you using transcendence from the 2 stack points?

I swapped to my monk for this fight (long story short, will do mortar baiting) but I might miss a little stamina but I'm really feeling squeeshy and I'm trying to find the best way to note be raped by demolitions.

Unless I'm mistaken we should not be targeted by massive demolitions right? I was sure it targeted me in heroic at some point.

I'll watch more videos when I'll be home I guess.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    I have a question for those of you who did Mythic Blackhand. What's your strategy for phase 1? Do you run with the ranged group, do you stay in melee and avoid bombs or are you using transcendence from the 2 stack points?

I swapped to my monk for this fight (long story short, will do mortar baiting) but I might miss a little stamina but I'm really feeling squeeshy and I'm trying to find the best way to note be raped by demolitions.

Unless I'm mistaken we should not be targeted by massive demolitions right? I was sure it targeted me in heroic at some point.

I'll watch more videos when I'll be home I guess.
    Massive demos can't target you no. The way i healed phase 1 on progress was to fistweave the first massive demo (covered by disc PI+hpally wings) to get some mana tea stacks for later in the fight, then i ran with the ranged group after that. Even with low stamina you should be fine as long as you watch the small demos towards the end, you can end up taking a lot of avoidable damage if you're not careful. I really recommend just running with the group and keeping RJW up then when fox drops rolling ahead slightly, cast a uplift, reapply RJW, roll again to the end and carry on healing, because of the range of RJW that keeps it healing people almost the entire way around and lets you get a uplift in where you'd just be throwing more instants otherwise. A nice tip if you're worried about your survivability is to pop dampen harm like 15 seconds before you pull, that way you cover both the first and 3rd demo with dampen, and the 2nd you can fortifying if you still have trouble surviving.

I did some mortar baiting as well, if you're outranging people often like our tactic did, make sure your statue is towards the middle of the room then soothing yourself, lets you get a bit extra healing out while you're just standing there, good luck!

For P1 Blackhand I ran with the ranged group as well. On the feeling squishy; I made sure I used Fort Brew on the first set of massive Demo's, nothing on the second one because our shaman was using CD's on that one, and used Dampen harm on the third one. We only had 2 foxes so I made sure to roll ahead of the group on the third one so as to reduce the damage I take and set up some pre-casts of uplift, be careful on this thought because although you can't spawn the Massive Demolitions you can spawn the regular brown swirls and kill your allies. I'd also say don't be afraid to use health tonic on this phase as no other phase will have this burst damage.

I also had to bait the fire in P2 as well. Probably the most boring thing you'll have to do for a while. Pretty much just sitting around with the rogues for us. If you want to save time getting back to the group set up transcendence to port back across fire/towards group. Also make sure that the 3 of you are topped off for when you drop especially if anyone has a stack of fire left over going into P3.
    Last edited by Raikan; 2015-05-04 at 08:49 PM.

Question about healing comps. Do you feel as a MW that absorb classes really hurt you? My guild is currently running 2 holy pallies and a disc priest and that seems like overkill in terms of a monks play.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dalliah1 View Post
    Question about healing comps. Do you feel as a MW that absorb classes really hurt you? My guild is currently running 2 holy pallies and a disc priest and that seems like overkill in terms of a monks play.
    Absorb healers harm the output of all throughput healers. However, it's also a good synergy in that the 2 Hpals bring really strong tank healing, and disc provides effective health, we just do the top-up for raidwide damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Brolibear!
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Ladies know and love his caaaaaause! It is the Panda with the Chainsaw claaaaaws!

Quote Originally Posted by dalliah1 View Post
    Probably the best comp this tier. Just gotta deal. But yes, more absorbs means we do less HPS; your time windows to do effective healing are shortened. That's for total HPS, though. It does hurt our burst, but absorbs are better at keeping the raid alive through burst anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cruser View Post
    Is there a Guide for Raid CD´s blackrock foundry?
    For healing in general? Not that I know of, but probably somewhere.
    Last edited by Geodew; 2015-05-05 at 01:07 AM.
    Legion Mistweaver Stat Weights SPREADSHEET --- Stat weights DISCUSSION THREAD
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise

Is there a usage per minute for rjw to be better than torpedo? My mw's ilvl isn't very high and I'm struggling to not go oom with rjw. I might use it once or twice every minute in order to not go oom atm.

I just find it boring to heal with all those absorbs floating around and little to no damage bosses. Fistweave or reroll i guess but i don't like fistweaving and I only enjoy monk healing... fml. Wtb constant raid wide damage next tier pls.

Edit : i do fistweave though but hate it
    Last edited by Ilir; 2015-05-05 at 08:08 PM.

Homophobia is so gay.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Overdispersion View Post
    Is there a usage per minute for rjw to be better than torpedo? My mw's ilvl isn't very high and I'm struggling to not go oom with rjw. I might use it once or twice every minute in order to not go oom atm.
    For overall hps i'm not actually sure, good question. Its more that RJW lets you more effectively dump mana in harder phases, so for example imperator mythic progress playing chi torp would have given higher overall hps, but fistweaving to 20 stacks and keeping RJW up most of phase 3 was higher hps during that very intense phase. So you should just go fight by fight, like personally i'd take RJW over chi torp on Hanz and Franz, Thogar and Blackhand even with no spirit.

When you heal with Enveloping Mist or Uplift, 50% of the heal is also applied to targets with your Extend Life effect.When you Rising Sun Kick, you have a 45% chance to apply Renewing Mist on a nearby injured ally.

ROFL

Lol... too many 2p procs :3

I love this 4p but isn't it a little too strong with the 2p OO ?

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Lol... too many 2p procs :3

I love this 4p but isn't it a little too strong with the 2p OO ?
    not really, considering its roughly 1 target per 2 rising sun kicks, its a random target, and really the only thing theyre getting is the 15% healing buff since rem does no healing on its own, and the direct heal got nerfed to nothingness. its still decent though, like, about as good as it should be i guess. and it helps you be set up for when you switch out of crane.

edit: now if they added eminence healing onto the extend life buff... well thats wishful thinking.

Item - Monk T18 Mistweaver 2P Bonus Your Renewing Mist also applies Extend Life to the initial target, instantly healing them for [ 105.8% of Spell Power ] and increasing all healing done to them by 15% for 12 sec.Your Rising Sun Kick increases the damage the target receives from your abilities by an additional 6%.
    Item - Monk T18 Mistweaver 4P Bonus When you heal with Enveloping Mist or Uplift, 50% of the heal is also applied to targets with your Extend Life effect.When you Rising Sun Kick, you have a 45% chance to apply Renewing Mist on a nearby injured ally.
    Item - Monk T18 Mistweaver 4P Bonus Fistweaving (New) When you heal with Enveloping Mist or Uplift, 50% of the heal is also applied to targets with your Extend Life effect. When you Rising Sun Kick, you have a 45% chance to apply Renewing Mist on a nearby injured ally. Limited to 1 target. Instant.

I don't know if I particularly like those fistweaving bonuses. 2 pc basically negates the damage nerf we are getting. I suppose 4 piece makes it easier to transition to serpent if you are lucky. They just honestly continue to baffle me.

10+ Year Old Account
    The crane 2pc is fine. The 4pc is terrible for crane.

This is why I keep saying crane bonuses should just be damage increases!

Deleted
    4 piece is nice I guess? But since chi drops off for going back to serpent we're still gonna need time to prepare for aoe damage so it does nothing for the transition. 2 piece for fistweaving is just kind of boring. Leave RSK alone