you don't need to fistweave, you can use it for extra mana tea stacks and some of the top end mistweavers were using it a lot for cutting edge progression where dps checks were a real thing, trying to clear the content within the first couple of weeks in 665-670ilvl gear; ie. Skipping an add on margok for a cleaner push, pushing at the start of Ko'ragh to kill it before like 8 balls are about to drop, tectus upheaval stuff like that.

End of the day just play the class how you desire; if you're raiding more casually you don't really need to focus on bringing the deeps just do what you enjoy.

Deleted
    I'd say that on Mythic progression, using Fistweaving can definitely help you out a lot.
    Myself, I've only been using it when I feel quite comfortable with the mechanics of an encounter (example being the first Quake on Twins).

Otherwise, now that I'm quite well geared, I find it fun to use it in Heroics to make them go faster.

Yeah you can stop it from spinning

/console cameraSmoothTrackingStyle 0

Should you want to return it to follow again use

/console cameraSmoothTrackingStyle 1

Quote Originally Posted by Buildapanda View Post
    MW in SoO, why were so many MW benched for Resto Sham and Resto Druids? Meters didn't matter so why were so many guilds taking Shams and Druids and leaving Monks in the wind?
    Cooldowns? Did you even play back then, I feel anyone that stepped 1 foot into siege would know this answer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
    Cooldowns? Did you even play back then, I feel anyone that stepped 1 foot into siege would know this answer.
    indeed. got benched most of the time during SoO. Picked up some gear for WW so I wouldn't sit out to much. Tranq, ironbark, spirit link, and so on was so strong back then. Tranq still is now tho :P

there is some tweaks here and there but atm I feel that the bench isn't that close anymore like it was before WoD. Unless the 5.4 nightmare happens again

Quote Originally Posted by Ququ View Post
    I'd say that on Mythic progression, using Fistweaving can definitely help you out a lot.
    Myself, I've only been using it when I feel quite comfortable with the mechanics of an encounter (example being the first Quake on Twins).

Otherwise, now that I'm quite well geared, I find it fun to use it in Heroics to make them go faster.
    I have found this pretty accurate as well, it can be very beneficial on mythic twins I did ~10k dps and 38k hps. which is pretty solid and helped meet that enrage timer that first week when gear was low and dps was questionable.

and just crane stancing through 30 man heroics was pretty fun just for the sake of doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by unfsoda View Post
    indeed. got benched most of the time during SoO. Picked up some gear for WW so I wouldn't sit out to much. Tranq, ironbark, spirit link, and so on was so strong back then. Tranq still is now tho :P

there is some tweaks here and there but atm I feel that the bench isn't that close anymore like it was before WoD. Unless the 5.4 nightmare happens again
    They are all still just as strong, but Revival and Life Cocoon are much stronger now than they used to be. The general importance of cooldowns is also incredibly diminished with the 2 hardest to heal fights in Highmaul being constant damage fights rather than giant bursts every minute that kill the whole raid instantly if you don't use 3 CDs for them. Stacking cooldowns doesn't exactly work well when the Butcher is all constant damage and Mar'gok is just wrecking the raid every 15 seconds with Force Nova and the arcane add.

If you compare those to SoO where the hardest to heal fights were Iron Juggernaut at first, then Thok, then Garrosh, if your raid didn't have X amount of cooldowns you all died.

10+ Year Old Account
    My prophecies/crazy proclamations were all true! How dare you all doubt the wise and powerful Monkioh! Now bring me the witch's broom! And that little dog too!
    Twitter: @Monkioh
    Twitch:http://www.twitch.tv/monkioh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkioh View Post
    My prophecies/crazy proclamations were all true! How dare you all doubt the wise and powerful Monkioh! Now bring me the witch's broom! And that little dog too!
    What prophecies?!
    You can't just come in here and make wild claims without proof!

No witch's broom or dog for you yet!

7+ Year Old Account
    The wise and powerful Monkioh, please tell me prefer which for more uplifts!!!!

surging-surging-uplift or soothing-surging-surging-uplift??????????

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post

The latter, no doubts. It's much more healing for 0.5sec extra.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Brolibear!
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Ladies know and love his caaaaaause! It is the Panda with the Chainsaw claaaaaws!

Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post

the real trick to more uplifts is making sure you use all your other chi generators when it's appropriate! stuff like making sure you never have three stacks of renewing mist banked and now watching out for those multistrikes resetting it, also making sure expel harm is pretty much always on cooldown.

but out of your two options listed the second one is marginally better although i would argue that if you have time you should bank all 4 chi and then uplift instead of doing it in bursts of two

Monks are so strong they wrent present in the world 1st/2nd imperator mar'gok kills despite the fact the fight emphasises MW strengths like no other

Kappa

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    Monks are so strong they wrent present in the world 1st/2nd imperator mar'gok kills despite the fact the fight emphasises MW strengths like no other

Kappa
    They could have been objectively the best healer in the game and there still wouldn't have been any if they didn't pick up on that and realize it before they started Heroic gear feeding. It wouldn't have mattered if they got to Mar'gok and thought "damn, a MW would be a lot stronger than a Holy Priest or Resto Druid here!" because geared characters of that spec and class didn't exist in their raid roster.

You can easily see the same thing with BrM. They literally are the objectively and provably best tank in the game since the hotfixes, and yet there are far fewer parses than even Guardian Druids published to WCL for Mythic. Hell, Paragon still has neither a main Mistweaver or Brewmaster, despite both specs being obviously more useful than others on multiple Mythic fights.

Perception matters a lot more than reality to top guilds. How many of those clowns were even aware that Revival was just as good as Tranq when Highmaul opened? They decided what the best was months ago and rolled with that, it's not like you can just switch classes once you've already started world-first level raiding.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    They could have been objectively the best healer in the game and there still wouldn't have been any if they didn't pick up on that and realize it before they started Heroic gear feeding. It wouldn't have mattered if they got to Mar'gok and thought "damn, a MW would be a lot stronger than a Holy Priest or Resto Druid here!" because geared characters of that spec and class didn't exist in their raid roster.

You can easily see the same thing with BrM. They literally are the objectively and provably best tank in the game since the hotfixes, and yet there are far fewer parses than even Guardian Druids published to WCL for Mythic. Hell, Paragon still has neither a main Mistweaver or Brewmaster, despite both specs being obviously more useful than others on multiple Mythic fights.

Perception matters a lot more than reality to top guilds. How many of those clowns were even aware that Revival was just as good as Tranq when Highmaul opened? They decided what the best was months ago and rolled with that, it's not like you can just switch classes once you've already started world-first level raiding.
    It's also worth mentioning that the buffs for both Mistweaver and Brewmaster came out very close to the launch of Highmaul, after World First guilds had spent the runup to Highmaul gearing and feeding BOE's to what was, at the time, the stronger classes. In the runup to Highmaul. neither specs were very attractive. It wouldn't surprise me if we see a lot more Monks in BRF.

Deleted
    Another thing is that I believe that Paragon even mentioned that they wanted to use a Monk for Imperator, but the gear difference was so great that he would literally die from passive AoE and thus they had to switch back.
    Due to the difficulty and how much gear they funneled into their mains, their alts simply did not have the gear to be switched in on the last fight.

Kappa
    God damn. Not only are you clueless as fuck 99% of the time you post but you also prove you do 0 research. What a joke you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakera View Post
    God damn. Not only are you clueless as fuck 99% of the time you post but you also prove you do 0 research. What a joke you are.
    i'm right tho

the world 1st/2nd kills didnt have a MW.

literally mad cus im right about something lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ququ View Post
    Another thing is that I believe that Paragon even mentioned that they wanted to use a Monk for Imperator, but the gear difference was so great that he would literally die from passive AoE and thus they had to switch back.
    Due to the difficulty and how much gear they funneled into their mains, their alts simply did not have the gear to be switched in on the last fight.
    Where did you see this? Source plox.

i'm right tho

the world 1st/2nd kills didnt have a MW.

literally mad cus im right about something lol
    Well supposedly world 1st didn't have a mw, purely because of gear. World 3/4/5/6/8/9/etc all had 1 mistweaver and all performed solidly. Using Method as an example "this class sucks because method" isn't a good example to me. Method has consistently ran 'sub-optimal' comps (hello no disc priest for most of highmaul, when they're clearly gods), and get away with because they're good players. Method is in the out-layer of running a mw on margok.
    Last edited by Supliftz; 2014-12-27 at 03:15 PM.

when i spoke to devai he said they would've used a MW in hindsight but they had to gear up dps instead

so yea after they killed it they thought "this would be easier with a MW" but no-one cares about that.

i killed it when our guild 4 healed it, and i felt mostly useless and was only there for my "utility" rather than my hps.

in terms of monk strength i'd pair it with holy priest/druid and say HP/monk/druid are stronger than shaman but weaker than holy paladin / disc

but if you have a disc/holy paladin i think MW is a lot worse due to the nature of "when you use" revival (it gets much harder) and i would say the other 2 specs flourish
    Last edited by Floopa; 2014-12-27 at 03:20 PM.