@those worrying about #s
    as a general rule of thumb do not look at any numbers at 90 and draw conclusions for who is stronger. Not only are they not scaled properly for what you will be using at 100, but everyone is missing their lvl 100 talents. On top of that we are doing old content that has been nerfed to the ground (absorbs OP) and designed around the Mop healing style.

I'm not saying everything is fine and dandy at 100 (no clue never had beta and too many conflicting answers in this thread, so who knows) but don't extrapolate current numbers for performance at 100.

Quote Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
    Lazy mode pre-raid bis for people
    I made a (rather poorly done) spreadsheet a month or so ago. It is for Spirit>MS>Crit priority but I listed alternates for most in addition to the crafted options. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...rjuHXukANBPQw/

Listed all the heroic drops first just assuming people will farm those and then fill in with crafted gear. Also the listed drop locations may be way off as I haven't updated them since I first made this list.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramasseneige View Post
    Hi, I've got a question aout "Fistweaving Chi Management" in this well-written useful guide.

Am I right thinking we always need to use the following chi spenders in a 5-chi cycle : 1 RSK + (1 RSK if MS proc or 1 BoK) + 1 TP ? Can Blackout Kick be still considered as a filler then ?

Thanks for your insights.
    I see your point. I call BoK a filler because it is the thing you hit when you have no reason or ability to hit anything else. At level 100, you probably won't be using BoK all that much. If you take Chi Explosion, you'll spend most of your Chi on that, only using RSK and TP to keep the buff and debuff up. If you take PoM, chances are you'll spend most of your Chi on RSK, only using BoK and TP to keep up the buffs. I could revise that section of the guide to be less specific about which abilities to use to get 5 each cycle, but the general idea remains that you don't want to waste Chi and Vital Mist stacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkioh View Post
    Ok, so I took my first step into addon development with a GotS Sphere tracker. It is very basic. There's no customization other than where you can place it on your screen. I need you guys to try it out and see if you can find anything wrong with it. I need to do more playing around to see how to add all that cool customization stuff.

Link:
    http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ntTracker.html
    I'm taking the bet nobody told you this yet, but there is somebody on the priest forum that did a Holy Nova range radar, if you want to really make that addon useful, it would be interesting to know how many orbs would explode around you if you detonate it.

I have no idea if the combat log would allow to track that, probably not.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    I'm taking the bet nobody told you this yet, but there is somebody on the priest forum that did a Holy Nova range radar, if you want to really make that addon useful, it would be interesting to know how many orbs would explode around you if you detonate it.

I have no idea if the combat log would allow to track that, probably not.
    Or turn it into an RJW/SCK and Crane-CE radar.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodew View Post
    Did some quick math on this earlier; the stat weight for Int in pre-patch is actually lower than the stat weight of crit. That is, it's not just 2 crit > 1 int, but now even 1 crit > 1 int. Crit is about 5% better on average.

Since you trade 10 crit for 5 int to hybridize, that means you want a socket bonus of 6 int or 6 crit or more per hybrid gem, otherwise gem pure crit.

- - - Updated - - -

Any answer you get right now will be a guess, but I've done a fair bit of math for it so far, so I can give you the best guess, probably.

Multistrike 1.20
    Crit 1.11
    Int 1.06
    Versatility 0.79
    Haste 0.60
    Mastery 0.41 (with SoO 2set)
    Mastery 0.31 (without SoO 2set)

Yes Haste>Mastery IMHO because pickup rate is looking way lower than Celestalon said it would be, much more like 50% according to my meters, not 100%
    Okay, this is why I need someone double-checking me. I made a derpy math error for this. Lol. Hey, at least I realized it eventually, though?

100 int => 100 spellpower (+15% from raid buffs)
    100 crit => 4.35% crit chance

My raid buffed spellpower: exactly 2750
    My raid buffed crit chance: 41.96%

so 100 int => +(115/2750)*100% = +4.18% healing
    100 crit => +(((1.4196+0.0435)/1.4196)-1)*100% = +3.06% healing

Add an arbitrary +5% to Crit because of the Mana Tea boost, guess that Multistrike is about 10% better because of 5% affinity and the fact that the ReMs are better than mana, and you get these revised stat weights (Note that both times I didn't rank Spirit because it depends completely on how much you have already)

Int 1.44
    Multistrike 1.16
    Crit 1.05
    Versatility 0.79
    Haste 0.60

AND this is me trying to remember the rating per % for Vers off the top of my head. Lol

(Good job on buffing Haste and Mastery, blizz! /sarcasm)
    Last edited by Geodew; 2014-11-29 at 04:23 AM.

are mistweavers alright going into progression at 100 with a pally and disc priest?
    the bubbles they make wouldn't effect our healing potential at all would they ?

Haste 0.60
    Also this assumes that your throughput is limited by mana, which is clearly not currently the case. The weight for pre-patch might be as high as 0.8-0.9. I've swapped my Int/Crit gems for Haste/Crit gems (there's an orange one now) to play around with it. Should be more fun at least and maybe a 0.5% gain or so. Small enough that I shouldn't really be able to tell any difference, though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pazx View Post
    are mistweavers alright going into progression at 100 with a pally and disc priest?
    the bubbles they make wouldn't effect our healing potential at all would they ?
    It does affect your throughput, but that's because they're good, not because we're bad. I mean, maybe we're bad, but that's not really the main reason why. :P

(It is ONE of the reasons, though, because large, randomly-placed absorbs significantly hinder our ability to get ReM on injured players.)

For 3-heal it was fun healing Mythic Garrosh before the big nerfs, so you're probably fine for casual raiding certainly, just make sure your other healers for 4- to 6-heal fights are throughput healers hopefully :P

Deleted
    Okay, this is why I need someone double-checking me. I made a derpy math error for this. Lol. Hey, at least I realized it eventually, though?

Add an arbitrary +5% to Crit because of the Mana Tea boost, guess that Multistrike is about 10% better because of 5% affinity and the fact that the ReMs are better than mana, and you get these revised stat weights (Note that both times I didn't rank Spirit because it depends completely on how much you have already)

Int 1.44
    Multistrike 1.16
    Crit 1.05
    Versatility 0.79
    Haste 0.60

AND this is me trying to remember the rating per % for Vers off the top of my head. Lol

May I ask you, how did you calculate how much int/spellpower is worth in raw healing since every spell scales differently with spellpower?

going into wod i believe my guilds running hpally,disc priest,druid and me as monk.
    i assume i shouldn't expect to look fancy yon meter's going against that

Quote Originally Posted by Gohi View Post
    May I ask you, how did you calculate how much int/spellpower is worth in raw healing since every spell scales differently with spellpower?
    +1% Spellpower = +1% healing

Quote Originally Posted by vancheng View Post
    Excuse me, but I have a little offtop question here. I never played melee dps, but now with crane stance it became a thing I should learn. And here is the question: is it viable to dps throught mouseover? If yes how can I ensure that my target is constantly in front of me without constantly spining camera and runing here and there trying to get in position. (also I cant dps with mouseover while spining camera). Is there any intellegent approach to melee dps when tank moves?

If mouseover is not viable, then I stuck in not comfortable situation: I heal with mouseover and use 1,2,3.. for self-cooldowns chi brew and etc in seprent, while in crane I have to dps with 1,2,3 and rebind cooldowns on different buttons. Does anyone have same problems? Need a little advise here plz

Maybe there is macros or something to follow your target? And is there any button to choose closest target? (for now I have to choose my target on screen, and it becomes very hectic when dealing with large trash packs. Tab doesnt help much).

Sorry if my question is noobish, but I realyy struggle with this, help plz
    up this

Also what is the most damage-wise effective sequence of applying our buffs in crane? SRK > TP > BoK?

Quote Originally Posted by vancheng View Post
    Excuse me, but I have a little offtop question here. I never played melee dps, but now with crane stance it became a thing I should learn. And here is the question: is it viable to dps throught mouseover? If yes how can I ensure that my target is constantly in front of me without constantly spining camera and runing here and there trying to get in position. (also I cant dps with mouseover while spining camera). Is there any intellegent approach to melee dps when tank moves?

If mouseover is not viable, then I stuck in not comfortable situation: I heal with mouseover and use 1,2,3.. for self-cooldowns chi brew and etc in seprent, while in crane I have to dps with 1,2,3 and rebind cooldowns on different buttons. Does anyone have same problems? Need a little advise here plz

Maybe there is macros or something to follow your target? And is there any button to choose closest target? (for now I have to choose my target on screen, and it becomes very hectic when dealing with large trash packs. Tab doesnt help much).

Sorry if my question is noobish, but I realyy struggle with this, help plz
    Casting melee spells with mouseover sounds very complicated to me. You're right you have to move while doing damage, so my way would be:
    Select your target ingame (get a decent nameplate addon, tidyplates, elvui integrated etc) and bind your melee spells to your mouse without mouseover, so you can click where you want and the spell will be cast on your target. Would be nice to know how you bind your spells to your mouse?

just a quick question towards the races for a MW monk. do you think, for alliance, gnom or draenei would be over all better? maybe adding a segment in the guide (like the brewmaster has)
    13/13

Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Clausi View Post
    Casting melee spells with mouseover sounds very complicated to me. You're right you have to move while doing damage, so my way would be:
    Select your target ingame (get a decent nameplate addon, tidyplates, elvui integrated etc) and bind your melee spells to your mouse without mouseover, so you can click where you want and the spell will be cast on your target. Would be nice to know how you bind your spells to your mouse?
    For now left mouse button bears macro like this
    "/cast @mouseover [help] soothing mist
    /cast @mouseover [harm] jab"

or something like this.

Good idea, Clausi. if to add stance condition to macro I can make something like this (not sure if this syntax is correct thought)

/cast @mouseover [help, stance:1] soothing mist
    /cast [target=target, stance:2] jab

I use Clique addon and it works only with mouseover as long as I know. So last "/cast [stance:2] jab" wont work with Clique.
    Well for now solution I see is to assign macro in Clique:

"/cast @mouseover [help, stance:1] soothing mist"

And seperatly assign to it macro in button bar

"/cast [target=target, stance:2] jab"

Later this evening I will check how this work, and correct syntax in this post. Thnx for responce, i'll think about it. Also it is better not to assign anything like this on right button, cause it can intervene with camera spinning.

If anyone know how to make it better plz share your experience.

EDITED:
    Maybe I should expand my answer about mouse binding. Firstly I use Razer Naga Hex with six buttons on its flank. Here goes the picture (http://www.razerzone.com/index.php?A...12&f=usp-1.png)

Left button: Soothing + jab
    Alt+ left button: Life Cocon
    Right button: Renewing Mist + BoK
    Middle Button: LvL30 Talent. Mouseover for zen sphere (hope to use it someday); mouseover+screen targeting in priority order for Chi Wave; Simple cast for chi burst.
    1 flank button: surging mist + tiger palm
    2 flank button: Uplift
    3 flank button: EM + SRK
    4 flank button: detox [help] + spear hand strike [harm]

Other buttons is for fortifying brew and other stuff, some of them unasigned for now (Im still getting used to it, 6 and 5 flank buttons are not very comfortable for me). Maybe It will be usefull for someone
    Last edited by vancheng; 2014-10-21 at 11:41 AM.

Hm Clique is fine to define mouseovers for unitframes, but in this case it would be better to not use it.
    Your mouse software should allow you to bind mousebuttons to keybindings, for example set jab, rsk on an actionbar (can also be a hidden bar) and set keybinds to shift + 1,2,3 ... (or any other free binding) and then set your mousebuttons to those keybindings.
    For healing stance make your bar swap to another actionbar-page where your healing macros are, so the same mousebindings will be available here.

Perhaps there is a way to do this with clique, don't know :/
    Last edited by Clausi; 2014-10-21 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clausi View Post
    Hm Clique is fine to define mouseovers for unitframes, but in this case it would be better to not use it.
    Your mouse software should allow you to bind mousebuttons to keybindings, for example set jab, rsk on an actionbar (can also be a hidden bar) and set keybinds to shift + 1,2,3 ... (or any other free binding) and then set your mousebuttons to those keybindings.
    For healing stance make your bar swap to another actionbar-page where your healing macros are, so the same mousebindings will be available here.

Perhaps there is a way to do this with clique, don't know :/
    Yeah, just figured it out. One need to bind mouse to keyboard (without touching left and right buttons thought). It should work like a charm if you have enough mouse buttons. Thank you, Clausi.

P.S: Clique doesnt allow 'non mouseover' binds.

And maybe it would be helpful to know that in macros conditions stances for Mist Weaver goes like this:

stance:1 - seprent stance
    stance:2 - crane stance

So for example you can assign keyboard button to do something like this:

/cancelcast
    /cast [@mouseover, help][@target, help, stance:1][@player, stance:1] Surging Mist //heal mouseover target (note: it will work in both stances), if no mouseover then heal current allied target (only in seprent), if no allied target selected then heal yourself (in seprent)
    /cast [@target, harm, stance:2] Jab //simply Jab current target while in Crane stance

Not a big deal, but maybe it can be added to guide in currently_non_existing_macros_section =)
    Last edited by vancheng; 2014-10-21 at 12:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Int 1.44
    Multistrike 1.16
    Crit 1.05
    Versatility 0.79
    Haste 0.60

These values you're stating, are the ones that you can put on AskMrRobot?

Another question: Should we change the enchants we can to Critical Strike instead of Intellect, right?

Cloak: From 12 Intellect to 12 Critical Strike
    Bracers: From 12 Intellect to 13 Critical Strike
    Last edited by Ogait; 2014-10-21 at 05:47 PM.
    | Realm First Monk | Dragonflight Beta Tester ( ty Blizzard! ) |

I haven't seen it discussed anywhere, whether the buffs to Xuen the other day made it more viable to use.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's a lot stronger of a choice now.

It's amazing on fights with any sort of cleave/dps check.