Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    How good spirit is directly relates to how well you can translate extra mana into extra healing, Monks were (still are?) notoriously shit at this.
    Pretty decent at it now for AoE. They buffed RJW and SCK a lot but increased its mana cost proportionally, but its efficiency is worse than generating Chi with Surgings, so basically it's our burst tool now. That's how we convert more mana into more healing. The mana cost is 20k (max mana is 160k) but it does about 2500% spellpower compared to surging's 300%.
    Legion Mistweaver Stat Weights SPREADSHEET --- Stat weights DISCUSSION THREAD
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by burmaben View Post
    are you guys using revival for fire or shadow on koragh? not sure which is worse anymore ><
    I'v always done shadow, for the fire reductions, immunities etc work on, plus the damage is more gradual so passive aoe healing takes more of it, just generally so much more works well to handle or manage fire, whereas revival just completely removes one shadow. Devotion aura is particularly strong for fire and try to have people invis or whatever the frost, even one of those not triggering the entire fight makes such a huge difference to how the healing on that fight feels.
    Last edited by mmocbbd29f1a3b; 2015-01-26 at 02:27 AM.

Deleted
    are you guys using revival for fire or shadow on koragh? not sure which is worse anymore ><
    The second shadow is followed by a fire one shortly after. Amp + Revival and that's both fire and shadow gone ^^

Deleted
    In terms of haste being an awful stat for non-druid healers, would a simple and reasonably elegant solution just be that haste also provided 1% base mana regen per 1% haste? Would mean for under 1600 spirit it would be worth 1/6th of spirit(ish) for regen and would help to counter the increased cost associated with its 1% throughput boost. Thoughts? Its frankly ridiculous we have two secondaries worth so little, especially at a time where our mana regen is getting messed with.

Deleted
    I am quite confused about Fistweaving (completely new to monk MW, I main a disc priest -_-).

Do you always use it at the beginning of the fight (low raid damage, ...) ? The more time you spend in Crane stance, the better ChiEx is, is that correct ?
    When do you use Crane stance again after you switched stance because of a moderate raid healing to do?

Kargath : not much damage at the beginning. I would still use PoM
    Butcher : Crane stance until 30%, ChiEx and spam RJW at the end.
    Brackenspore : Crane stance until the first Infesting Spores, PoM
    Tectus : Crane stance until first TectoUp, Crane stance again until the two TectoUp then Serpent Stance until the end of the fight, PoM ?
    Twin Ogron : Crane for the first 5-10 secondes of the fight (is it worth it if it is now for a long time ?)
    Koragh : Crane until the first fire debuff
    Margok : first phase in Crane, do you need to switch stance when the big adds come ? We usually use raid healing CD during those because they are available again for the first transition.

so because it's farm i normally dps full time on every boss other than mar'gok/koragh (but i always sit this cus i dont need loot OR WELL DIDNT JK NEED SPIRIT TRINKET XD)

its best to use it during BL imo. BL for MWs doesn't generate a lot of extra healing anyway, and we can use the quicker globals to generate more mana tea.
    Last edited by Floopa; 2015-01-26 at 04:25 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jshley View Post
    In terms of haste being an awful stat for non-druid healers, would a simple and reasonably elegant solution just be that haste also provided 1% base mana regen per 1% haste? Would mean for under 1600 spirit it would be worth 1/6th of spirit(ish) for regen and would help to counter the increased cost associated with its 1% throughput boost. Thoughts? Its frankly ridiculous we have two secondaries worth so little, especially at a time where our mana regen is getting messed with.
    Won't happen, haste allows you to potentially save more lives or some bullshit reasoning idk.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    Won't happen, haste allows you to potentially save more lives or some bullshit reasoning idk.
    Yeah that argument carried more sense in MoP with bursty death being all the rage, not so much in the WoD model they're espousing. Haste does work on many things mind and it might be that the combination of more casts, more HoT ticks, shorter channels and some mana regen would be too much aggregate benefit.

so random question, I'm making a set of gear just to giggle around with friends in heroics as a pure fistweaver.

Stat priority? I was going to go with crit > haste ~ multi

But I cold see vers moving up a bit. and maybe being equal to multi

Quick question. Is the 640 hourglass better than Mark of Rapid Replication ? the BIS include stuff from BRF which is obviously ok, and I know the second one will be useful with the mana tea change, but I wonder for right now. I don't have a candle on my monk and other trinket is Quiescent Runestone.

To be honest, only boss I have mana issues is Butcher because I overuse RJW, so.. yeah.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Yeah that argument carried more sense in MoP with bursty death being all the rage, not so much in the WoD model they're espousing. Haste does work on many things mind and it might be that the combination of more casts, more HoT ticks, shorter channels and some mana regen would be too much aggregate benefit.
    By MoP model you mean the "every expansion so far even if Blizzard has said otherwise at the start"-model?
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Yeah thats the one

so random question, I'm making a set of gear just to giggle around with friends in heroics as a pure fistweaver.

Stat priority? I was going to go with crit > haste ~ multi

But I cold see vers moving up a bit. and maybe being equal to multi

Multi = haste > crit >vers

Deleted
    Tbh if you're just doing it for fun and _only_ Crane stance I'd put versatility above crit just for the DR

Quote Originally Posted by Entropy View Post
    Multi = haste > crit >vers
    indulge my ignorance please

why is haste = to multistrike? is this purely for damage or for mana returns (from tea) or both?
    Last edited by Floopa; 2015-01-26 at 07:54 PM.

Deleted
    damage and healing, ms for jade mists procs better than crit for tea. If you're just Crane'ing, the extra chi generated -> more tea, but rotation is cheap enough that you don't really have much to spend it on in Crane. Better off with versatility imo.

i only mentioned damage because the damage is the healing, but thanks

so this means rune-enscribed hood can be used over toria's perseverance and nether-blast leggings can be used over 3/3 crit/MS crafted legs? yay

Deleted
    Well only half to two-thirds of Crane healing is actually due to eminence healing. MS much better if running PoM for bonus RSKs and with t17 4pc it will be even better. I'd rather multistrike on a Revival than a critical. More haste-> more chi and rotation can be sped up significantly if you're not bothered about mana regen.

I'm pretty sure I'd rather have anything without mastery. Saying that because eminence generates so many healing events/minute mastery may be significantly better than in serpent... if anyone picks them up. Until such a time as someone works it out I'd still avoid it like the plague.

Yeah, that would help a lot without making it op in the gcd-limited case, but why only base regen?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    indulge my ignorance please

why is haste = to multistrike? is this purely for damage or for mana returns (from tea) or both?
    Keep in mind that Haste loses a lot of value with PoM because more Haste is not equal to more RSKs. MS is probably best for PoM and Haste for CE.
    Legion Mistweaver Stat Weights SPREADSHEET --- Stat weights DISCUSSION THREAD
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Geodew View Post
    Yeah, that would help a lot without making it op in the gcd-limited case, but why only base regen?
    Largely because I wouldn't want it interacting with spirit, and partly because otherwise it'd be a third of the value of spirit at the same level and that felt too strong.

The main reason I prefer haste for Crane-only is the increased chi generation as the rotation is "chi" limited - and whilst RSKs are on CD, the extra GCDs are also with TP and Zeal up already (so just bonus damage).