Okey guys, I've got a problem, I looted the spirit trinket from BF and its not proccing, I wonder if looting just after the 6.1 was released is the reason because another healer of my guild have the same issue, it procs with attacks and not with heals, it's very annoying, and no, it doesnt proc in Crane, I need to switch to my non healer spec to see how it procs.

Anyone with the same issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    It's not, you have to spend more time to get the same amount of mana back. This means pauses in mechanics will not provide the same amount of mana. Overall time spent may be the same, but when and where you spend the time is arguably more important than the net amount of tea you're drinking.
    Disagree for this tier. If you're ooming because you can't drink tea fast enough, then something else is the issue. I noticed no difference except my mana was slightly lower at the end of our farm fights. And for the mythic fights we're doing it's going ham in Crane which doesn't spend enough mana to notice a difference there either

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Buildapanda View Post
    I was just repeating what One of you "experts" on the fb podcast said that they would still use crane stance to get mana tea even if crane stance did no damage but generated mana tea stacks, I'm just extrapolating that and wondering what use crane stance has when mana tea disappears?
    I think you misheard them. They said Crane would still be useful if it didn't give mana tea

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Solarblue View Post
    Okey guys, I've got a problem, I looted the spirit trinket from BF and its not proccing, I wonder if looting just after the 6.1 was released is the reason because another healer of my guild have the same issue, it procs with attacks and not with heals, it's very annoying, and no, it doesnt proc in Crane, I need to switch to my non healer spec to see how it procs.

Will investigate and poke devs if need be when I get a chance
    Legion Mistweaver Stat Weights SPREADSHEET --- Stat weights DISCUSSION THREAD
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise

You need to be in combat for the trinket to proc, it procs just fine with heals in both serpent and crane.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    You need to be in combat for the trinket to proc, it procs just fine with heals in both serpent and crane.
    Really? I just tested in my garrison hoping to see the proc, all right then, thanks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Buildapanda View Post
    I was just repeating what One of you "experts" on the fb podcast said that they would still use crane stance to get mana tea even if crane stance did no damage but generated mana tea stacks, I'm just extrapolating that and wondering what use crane stance has when mana tea disappears?

It would have plenty of use since fistweaving is our efficient downtime heal which happens to do awesome damage. But honestly, I do just like being a special snowflake and I don't care.
    I like that we are never not doing something useful. Building stacks is a part of that. But on top of banking stacks. Like I said earlier proper chi management is an basic skill barrier in the class also. Since you have the added pressure of going oom if you manage it poorly

Honestly the spec not just being point and shoot is why I've always stuck with it. Avoiding bottlenecks between those 3 connected resources is all part of learning the spec & makes it more interesting. Well maybe interesting isn't the word, adds mental bandwidth?

Quote Originally Posted by spinandwin View Post
    It would have plenty of use since fistweaving is our efficient downtime heal which happens to do awesome damage. But honestly, I do just like being a special snowflake and I don't care.
    I like that we are never not doing something useful. Building stacks is a part of that. But on top of banking stacks. Like I said earlier proper chi management is an basic skill barrier in the class also. Since you have the added pressure of going oom if you manage it poorly

Honestly the spec not just being point and shoot is why I've always stuck with it. Avoiding bottlenecks between those 3 connected resources is all part of learning the spec & makes it more interesting. Well maybe interesting isn't the word, adds mental bandwidth?
    "awesome damage" ok. Maybe with 4pc... which changes after this tier.
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Geodew View Post
    "awesome damage" ok. Maybe with 4pc... which changes after this tier.
    Ok, exaggeration. "worthwhile damage***"

Ok, exaggeration. "worthwhile damage***"
    Meh, barely. People are doing it cause it gives lots of tea and lots of inexpensive healing with the damage as kind of an afterthought like "oh yeah that's nice too." If Crane were a huge mana burn, I don't know if people would think it's worth the mana to add 10k dps while sacrificing healing down the road

Deleted
    ^ If crane was a mana burn I would never use it xD

Almost non of the bosses is a DPS race, you just do it because there's nothing else to do. And maybe unless you have a ton of melee, Serpent is still better healing.

Why would Crane be a mana burn? No healers even have mana costs at all attached to their DPS spells anymore. Crane probably warrants costing a little bit of mana because it's much more damage and much more healing than other healers just spamming their damage spells, but the only way it could even become a mana burn is if Mana Tea was removed and nothing else changed. I thought it was pretty well implied that any time Mana Tea is disabled from anything it automatically warrants lowering mana costs of chi generators by 1.0-1.4%.

The only thing that would change about Crane if Mana Tea was disabled in it and Jab/Expel were lowered in cost appropriately (probably somewhere around 1.5% base mana each due to the ~30% automatic Crit in Crane and the free chi that comes along via Vital Mists) is that no one would use it to benefit healing anymore, which is exactly what Blizzard wants. It would be left as what it was always intended to be: a mode to switch to for increased damage and decreased healing when that's appropriate to benefit the raid. Whether that's useful or not at that point is just a matter of its tuning, but stopping it from being used to cheese Mana Tea without leaving it a useless half of the spec is pretty easy and not at all complicated.

just wondering when people use crane during fights.
    at the moment my guild is working on heroic blast furnace and i was thinking if people are healthy when the elemental's shields go down to use crane then but is that risking other healers mana?
    and on heroic is staying in crane till after the first blast a bad thing?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pazx View Post
    just wondering when people use crane during fights.
    at the moment my guild is working on heroic blast furnace and i was thinking if people are healthy when the elemental's shields go down to use crane then but is that risking other healers mana?
    and on heroic is staying in crane till after the first blast a bad thing?

That's a decision you need to make in that moment based on the incoming damage you can't really apply a rule. Touch of death em anyway. As for going crane I sometimes do on the first 2. Do it too late into the 2nd phase and you might risk straining mana

But maybe you execute phases 1 and 2 better than we do and have lower heat in phase 2. Or maybe we execute them better and damage is high for your group on first elementalists. Cant apply rules. Different guild and different every pull

That's a decision you need to make in that moment based on the incoming damage you can't really apply a rule. Touch of death em anyway. As for going crane I sometimes do on the first 2. Do it too late into the 2nd phase and you might risk straining mana

But maybe you execute phases 1 and 2 better than we do and have lower heat in phase 2. Or maybe we execute them better and damage is high for your group on first elementalists. Cant apply rules. Different guild and different every pull

i see, makes perfect sense thank you.

Deleted
    Hey can you guys give me some clarifications ?

- is Chi Torpedo now the default talent choice, or do you still pick RJW on stacked fights?
    - Do MW now prefer to have 2 flat Spirit trinkets ? Or 1 Int/1 Spirit?
    - Is Spirit enchant on Weapon worth it? Or Do you prefer Multistrike?
    - Do you still cheese mana with fistweaving? Or is it just for extra dmg ?
    `- Is 4 piece > Hands with MS?

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    Why would Crane be a mana burn?
    It shouldn't. That was a hypothetical situation pointing out the reasons, plural, why crane is useful. It's not simply "because damage"

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed, for my guild we were sometimes missing the check and raid damage was totally fine so I help with all four

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chruemmel View Post
    Hey can you guys give me some clarifications ?

- is Chi Torpedo now the default talent choice, or do you still pick RJW on stacked fights?
    - Do MW now prefer to have 2 flat Spirit trinkets ? Or 1 Int/1 Spirit?
    - Is Spirit enchant on Weapon worth it? Or Do you prefer Multistrike?
    - Do you still cheese mana with fistweaving? Or is it just for extra dmg ?
    `- Is 4 piece > Hands with MS?
    -CT/RJW depends on fight. RJW if you NEED roll for movement or have mana coming out your ears, CT otherwise. Use jump cast CTs if you can't move much.
    -The spirit/haste trinket is technically good on average but imo not bis because healers don't like throughput procs. They're unreliable. Get chew toy instead. If you have too much mana with talisman/chewtoy trade chew toy for the int/ms-proc trinket off blackhand if possible, or Candle if not.
    -spirit enchant is the default choice, multistrike if your guild is struggling on a fight where mana is not an issue (happens mostly in early mythic brf) due to excessive crane use
    - It's for both
    -yes, the 4pc is strong, I commented on it if you go back a bit
    Last edited by Geodew; 2015-02-28 at 05:10 PM.

Deleted
    Thank you

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solarblue View Post

I too am confused but this. I don't even see it anymore in the Dungeon Journal unless the gear filter is for a spell dps class =/ although I noticed someone mentioned that it still procs in both stances. Is this confirmed?

Deleted
    I just read the devs interview... they are considering spirit maybe to increase spellpower as well. That would skyrocket its value even more.

High Value spirit like the one spirit / haste proc trinket that would greatly increase the heal of Renewing Mist Mostly. Or fast switch into cranestance to use that buff for a more effective way.
    Last edited by mmocdf23fc3447; 2015-02-28 at 10:07 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rizso1985 View Post
    I just read the devs interview... they are considering spirit maybe to increase spellpower as well. That would skyrocket its value even more.

High Value spirit like the one spirit / haste proc trinket that would greatly increase the heal of Renewing Mist Mostly. Or fast switch into cranestance to use that buff for a more effective way.

Thats such an awful idea.... lol. I don't think it would put high value in proc spirit trinkets at all. Consistency is always better than something that *might* proc during high damage. For example the haste proc trinket from blackhand is terrible whereas the on use one from twins is actually a very powerful trinket.

Deleted
    Sure they are random but they do however have quite high uptime.