Quote Originally Posted by Lycosa View Post
    Hey Geodew, I've been using your stat weight post as a bible for a while now and I'm just wondering what your thoughts are on going double spirit trinkets and then stacking haste rather than multistrike as our top stat? Even with some diminishing returns it seems far and away the best stat in a world of unlimited mana. Thoughts?
    I don't think a situation like this is on the stat weights, actually. I'll need to give it more thought, but my first guess: The thing is that, although stacking Haste above mana cap is valuable, all of your Spirit above the cap isn't very valuable. I kind of doubt that the Haste can make up for the "wasted" Spirit. Haste's stat weight would need to be well above Multistrike to make up for the Spirit that you have to put on to keep your mana where it was before. It's above Multistrike, obviously, but I wonder if it's by enough.

Also Bastion was good.
    Legion Mistweaver Stat Weights SPREADSHEET --- Stat weights DISCUSSION THREAD
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise

Possible stupid question inc:

The tooltip for BoK in Serpent Stance (when it is unusable) describes it doing secondary damage to up to 50 additional enemies.
    When you switch to Crane Stance (making it usable) this part of the tooltip disappears.

BoK doesn't cleave in Crane Stance as far as I'm aware. Is this a tooltip bug, something left over from a WW tooltip, or am I missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by Saiyoran View Post
    Possible stupid question inc:

The tooltip for BoK in Serpent Stance (when it is unusable) describes it doing secondary damage to up to 50 additional enemies.
    When you switch to Crane Stance (making it usable) this part of the tooltip disappears.

BoK doesn't cleave in Crane Stance as far as I'm aware. Is this a tooltip bug, something left over from a WW tooltip, or am I missing something?
    It's just a tooltip bug from MoP, it used to work like that back then, but I don't think it cleaved 50 enemies back then either.

Also, I'm going into Mythic tomorrow, how did you guys heal Darmac? I was watching a few kills but they were pre 6.1 and were using chi explosion. What's the better choice now?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasciras View Post
    It's just a tooltip bug from MoP, it used to work like that back then, but I don't think it cleaved 50 enemies back then either.

Also, I'm going into Mythic tomorrow, how did you guys heal Darmac? I was watching a few kills but they were pre 6.1 and were using chi explosion. What's the better choice now?
    Personally I like going with PoM and fistweave whenever there are no large damage phases such as Tantrum, Furious howl or the last phase.
    I used to do Chi Explosion but I found that I managed the last phase horribly and decided to just make the switch to make the last phase easier.

Any suggestions on what talents to use on different boss in Blackrock Foundry heroic?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phosphate View Post
    Hey guys, just had some questions about the T30 talents if that's okay?

1. Is Chi Burst still best in this tier?
    2. How is Zen Sphere doing these days, and what makes the talent awkward to use?

I love pretending to be Goku and Kamehameha'ing, but Zen Sphere sounds really interesting.
    Yes, Hadouken is still best.
    Haven't used ZS personally, heard a few people made use of it though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Brolibear!
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Ladies know and love his caaaaaause! It is the Panda with the Chainsaw claaaaaws!

Quote Originally Posted by Mokal View Post
    Any suggestions on what talents to use on different boss in Blackrock Foundry heroic?
    General cookie cutter tips are in the Page 1 guide. If you have fight-specific questions because you're unsure, then ask that.

@Phospate and Mokal: Zen Sphere was buffed, but so was Chi Burst, so Chi Burst is still great. In fact, even for 5mans, Chi Wave heals 1 target about as much as Chi Burst does. Chi Wave just has a shorter cooldown for additional free healing. That's how strong Chi Burst is. IIRC Monkioh <Midwinter> said he used Chi Burst for every Mythic fight, and I think he did the same for Chi Brew, maybe unless he fistweaved an entire fight, e.g. Gruul.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Geodew View Post
    I don't think a situation like this is on the stat weights, actually. ...
    P.S. This wasn't an "I don't know and we'll leave it at that," it's an "I'll get back to you." I'll send you (Lycosa) a private message when I get around to looking at it in depth so you don't have to watch the thread like a hawk. (Meaning I'll post it on the thread for everyone and send a link to the post, in case anyone else is interested.)
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokal View Post
    If you're healing them with a amount of healers where your healing is actually relevant (not 5 healing 20 people or something)
    Chi burst for every single boss with no exceptions.

Grull - RJW/PoM
    Oregorger - RJW/PoM There are some good Chi Ex logs here, consider it a possibility but why even bother when RJW/PoM can do the same healing if not more with less effort.
    Furnace - RJW/PoM
    Beastlord RJW/PoM
    Thogar - RJW/PoM
    Maidens - Xuen is actually a possibility here just because there is so little stacked healing or healing in general, if you don't care about damage and just healing RJW as usual/PoM
    Hans and Franz - RJW/PoM
    Flamebender - RJW/PoM. Breath if you end up with several firestorms
    Kromog - RJW/PoM or Breath is viable, but people need to be good at stacking.
    Blackhand - RJW/PoM

If the healing requirement is so low you can safely crane chi ex the entire fight, for the most part the healing contribution you did with chi ex was completely irrelevant compared to the healing you would have done with PoM, with the added benefit of PoM having more damage. This is just focusing on what i think gives you the best toolkit to actually heal the damage in a given fight, i'v solo healed a couple of heroic fights and without exception RJW/PoM is just so far ahead.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have difficulty using Chi Explosion serpent personally. The only time I'd use ChiEx is when I would fistweave most of the time and need to pump out nice stacked healing on the melee like Kromog and Gruul. How do people play ChiEx in serpent stance, may I ask? Feels like when I need burst stacked healing, RJW would already have served that purpose or healers snipe the stacked heals by the time I build enough Chi :s

Deleted
    Here's what i used during our kills, i have to admit i haven't really try breath, could be good.

Grull - chi torpedo/PoM We are spread, good result with torpedo
    Oregorger - chi torpedo/chi ex Don't need rjw, torpedo gave me nice healing during interphase
    Beastlord RJW/PoM
    Thogar - RJW/PoM
    Maidens - Healing/damages are irrelevant until last phase where you need to burn your mana to heal the raid ( Haven't killed him , missed few percents ) , i'd say rjw and i don't really know for t100
    Hans and Franz - chi torpedo/PoM Rjw probably better know i have bit more spirit but we are a bit spread
    Flamebender - RJW/chi ex
    Kromog - RJW/PoM

@TrollShaman on oregorger i stack 4 chi, channel soothing mist ( for 2p ) then wait his acid spell to cast chi ex, nice healing, way better than pom from my experience. Same on flamebender for the first chi ex during firestorm or when the meteor will fall.

Quote Originally Posted by xeru View Post
    snip
    I've tried both ChiEx and PoM on Oregorger and I gotta say that I prefer PoM for the second phase. I just feel like ChiEx is more hassle for something that only does a tiny bit more healing. PoM is also crazy good for the rolling phase.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vasciras View Post
    I've tried both ChiEx and PoM on Oregorger and I gotta say that I prefer PoM for the second phase. I just feel like ChiEx is more hassle for something that only does a tiny bit more healing. PoM is also crazy good for the rolling phase.

You need well organised stacking in 2nd phase for ChiEx serpent to be worth it on that fight

Anyway...

That disappointing moment when you roll a new alt..... and become filled with confusion and regret when looking for detailed stat weights.

Holy Paladin now pls Geodew. Ty.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodew View Post
    P.S. This wasn't an "I don't know and we'll leave it at that," it's an "I'll get back to you." I'll send you (Lycosa) a private message when I get around to looking at it in depth so you don't have to watch the thread like a hawk. (Meaning I'll post it on the thread for everyone and send a link to the post, in case anyone else is interested.)
    Great, thanks for the help. I usually am lurking around in this thread though! My initial reaction is that unless Blizz keeps nerfing our Mana Tea every tier, we'll have so much surplus mana as the expansion goes on that haste/multi could be the way to gear. That or DPS trinkets become the norm.

Quote Originally Posted by spinandwin View Post
    That disappointing moment when you roll a new alt..... and become filled with confusion and regret when looking for detailed stat weights.

Holy Paladin now pls Geodew. Ty.
    XD I already have a request for Resto Druids. Cmon Hamlet, pick it up.

Seriously, though? I don't know any other spec nearly well enough to throw something together that involved. For example, if I played any other spec, I'd have no estimation for Mana Tea stacks generated per minute, or percentage of ReM composition of total healing, etc. etc.

Deleted
    Not acceptable.

I found someone I don't need you in my life anymore

I needed this yesterday. Now to figure out what it means.
    Last edited by mmoc028a8df6da; 2015-03-30 at 02:25 PM.

Quick question, in a fight where you are able to make use of Touch of Death as Mistweaver, it is worth switching stances and spending the chi (Or no Chi if glyphed) or are you better off Enveloping Mist (Assuming in both situations the player isnt likely to die) or Uplift (Lets say you have a couple melee in range of the mob and your statue). How would you play that out?

Quote Originally Posted by Hamanis View Post
    Quick question, in a fight where you are able to make use of Touch of Death as Mistweaver, it is worth switching stances and spending the chi (Or no Chi if glyphed) or are you better off Enveloping Mist (Assuming in both situations the player isnt likely to die) or Uplift (Lets say you have a couple melee in range of the mob and your statue). How would you play that out?
    You can ToD in any stance. I think in crane it will also trigger eminence, so not sure if it is worth switching stance to get some heal out of it, but use it if you want to kill that boss

Thanks for the suggestions for Mythic Blast Furnace, we downed it last night. Looking through logs, my HPS was a lot lower than a lot of other monks, but I think it's mostly because of our composition and how I healed the attempt we killed it. We kept running OOM in the last phase, so I made sure to enter the phase with 100% mana and 10+ mana tea stacks. It worked out, and I was able to pump the HPS during that phase to get us through it despite being kind of scrubby throughout the rest. Really hoping I can get a second spirit trinket this week so I can make better use of RJW (only had about 3.3 million healing from it). I got fixated as well, so I had to stand outside of the group and couldn't make as effective use out of it - and ended up overhealing a lot when I used it and couldn't get close enough to others. I also fat fingered my first Revival and got basically 0 healing out of it. So, that was awesome.

A lot of people got more healing out of Uplift and Renewing Mist than me, including more casts, but I think that must just be because I'm running with 2 other throughput healers (druid, hpriest) and only 1 pally, 1 disc. Whatever, guess I'm nitpicking at this point because we downed it. If you have any other suggestions about Blast Furnace, I'll be looking to be more efficient this next week.

Deleted
    RJW has a higher range than Burn, so you can keep on using it if you're careful. also you could interrupt your elemental regularly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamanis View Post

Pretty sure it's worth swapping based purely on numbers and globals. It's one global in and one out.

But I'd be lying if I said I ever bothered to myself. Guess it depends what you're doing. If you were in a very heavy aoe burst phase maybe not I'm not sure. If you had it glyphed and were going to keep spamming your dick off in serpent it might work out better to just stay.