Deleted
    Why would you switch stances for ToD in the first place? It doesn't gain any damage in Crane and it already does Eminence in Serpent.
    The situation for ToD is often press it now or never press it at all. It's not like you can be like "oh, this add is at 10% HP, let me switch to Crane, roll in, ToD, switch to Serpent and roll out again". If you can ToD something and don't need the chi right now, do it, but don't worry about stances for that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhachlirith View Post
    it already does Eminence in Serpent.
    Nope

/10char

Quote Originally Posted by Rhachlirith View Post
    It's not like you can be like "oh, this add is at 10% HP, let me switch to Crane, roll in, ToD, switch to Serpent and roll out again".
    No, but you can say "oh the add is at 15% I'm already in melee because I'm a MW, I should switch to crane and get those 3 chi ready."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by spinandwin View Post
    Nope
    Huge woops here, I was completely wrong on Eminence, was thinking of the MoP model, thanks for the headsup
    Ok, good to know, assuming that you are in Serpent stance and want to heal in Serpent, but you have 3 Chi and there's an add closing in on 10%: ToD in Serpent is 3 Chi + 1 GCD for 300-400k damage. ToD in Crane is 3 Chi + 3 GCDs for 300-400k damage and 350k-450k healing. This 350k-450k healing is split into two humongous Eminence bombs though, which means that it's gonna overheal or be the luckiest and least reliable livesaver ever. If ToD Eminence were split among like 5+ targets, there would be no question, always switch stance for ToD.
    Which makes the question something like this: Is there a possibility of somebody randomly eating a shitton of damage when I ToD this add and do I want to take the chance of Eminence healing somebody who took 10k damage and lock myself out of Serpent(reactive) healing for 3GCDs?
    My answer to this would be: when only tanks are taking damage, switch stances, when the raid is taking significant damage, don't bother. You're probably better of giving up the Eminence bomb and reacting to what's happening.
    Faultline on Beastlord would be a prime example of switching stances being very, very good. Faultline is at his scariest stage when he's low and your tank can get globaled very easily by him if there's a moment of unawareness/no externals. You're not gonna prevent a Faultline global in Serpent anyways except for the best Life Cocoon timing ever, so might as well go for the tank-saving-lottery of ToD Eminence.
    If you are in Crane anyways, it can be a huge contributor to your healing though, depending on your overheal luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warcraftlogs
    Zhaokui Eminence Luteziaqz +114702 (O: 74313)
    Zhaokui Eminence (Statue) Mutsumi +99504 (O: 89511)

Zhaokui Eminence Adrienna +8846 (O: 217973)
    Zhaokui Eminence (Statue) Adrienna +0 (O: 226818)

Zhaokui Eminence Polylolo +83935 (O: 105080)
    From the highest DPS MW parse on Blast Furnace. It overheals basically every time, but you can see the potential value if a tank were to drop low right before you press ToD.
    Last edited by mmoc35ab743d22; 2015-03-31 at 04:39 PM.

I don't ever swap, imo not worth the rng. The only fight where tanks can be the only one injured for any significant length of time is pre-20% maidens, in which you have no valid ToD targets anyway.
    Legion Mistweaver Stat Weights SPREADSHEET --- Stat weights DISCUSSION THREAD
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise

So eminence, only heals one target for each thing that generates dominance? Ie. the healing from touch of death will all be concentrated on one player, rather then spread out among any injured players?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slakos View Post
    So eminence, only heals one target for each thing that generates dominance? Ie. the healing from touch of death will all be concentrated on one player, rather then spread out among any injured players?
    Yes, but Eminence and Eminence(Statue) can heal different players, so it's 50/50 spread between two players.

my rotation with spirit trinkets and 5 healing on mythic has basically turned into CJL CHIEX CJL CHIEX CJL CHIX DRINK MANA TEA LOL CJL CHIEX oh keep damage buffs up and use 2/4pc effectively.

We got 6/10 mythic in 3 hours tonight and I fistweaved everything.........
    Mistweaver Monk |
    "Those who lead through fear only stay in power while those they govern lack courage." ~ Lorewalker Cho

Quote Originally Posted by Buildapanda View Post
    my rotation with spirit trinkets and 5 healing on mythic has basically turned into CJL CHIEX CJL CHIEX CJL CHIX DRINK MANA TEA LOL CJL CHIEX oh keep damage buffs up and use 2/4pc effectively.

We got 6/10 mythic in 3 hours tonight and I fistweaved everything.........
    Willing to share your logs? Are you CJL/CE in crane or serpent?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mattwright999 View Post
    Willing to share your logs? Are you CJL/CE in crane or serpent?
    I imagine Crane, as CJL doesn't generate chi in Serpent Stance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Brolibear!
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Ladies know and love his caaaaaause! It is the Panda with the Chainsaw claaaaaws!

4pc or 3pc w/mythic flamebender shoulders? Using heroic tier shoulders now. Not sure how much the 4pc has been helping me, it's been pretty awkward in serpent though

10+ Year Old Account
    Uh, so I've haven't been here in a while. Been working on other projects, like this one here:

http://summonstone.com/monk/mistweaver/

Summon Stone is a fancy, awesome new site that you should all check out at some point. I would greatly appreciate it if you guys could check out that guide, kind of a simplified or more focused version of this one. Go read through it if you can, let me know if I got anything wrong or if something could be made more clear. I didn't get a chance to peer review that one, so I could have missed stuff.
    Twitter: @Monkioh
    Twitch:http://www.twitch.tv/monkioh

Quote Originally Posted by Monkioh View Post
    Uh, so I've haven't been here in a while. Been working on other projects, like this one here:

http://summonstone.com/monk/mistweaver/

Summon Stone is a fancy, awesome new site that you should all check out at some point. I would greatly appreciate it if you guys could check out that guide, kind of a simplified or more focused version of this one. Go read through it if you can, let me know if I got anything wrong or if something could be made more clear. I didn't get a chance to peer review that one, so I could have missed stuff.
    Not bad. Far more accurate and practical than Icy Veins, which is a good start. I'm guessing it attempts to cater to the "everyman" raider - i.e. talking around MW ChiEx and generally recommending PoM to keep things simple?

7+ Year Old Account
    I really like it, Monkioh. Looks nice, explains everything, and separates all the different major points. Easy to navigate, and can help any level of raider pick up the class.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Brolibear!
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Ladies know and love his caaaaaause! It is the Panda with the Chainsaw claaaaaws!

10+ Year Old Account
    Good, good. I still need to update this guide too.
    Twitter: @Monkioh
    Twitch:http://www.twitch.tv/monkioh

Quote Originally Posted by Monkioh View Post
    is this website some sorta MW circlejerk or something lmao

like i appreciate the effort but really

If you go to the main site it has guides for monks, DKs, rets, holys pals, demo locks, SP. So it covers a lot more than just mistweavers.

Quote Originally Posted by Slakos View Post
    If you go to the main site it has guides for monks, DKs, rets, holys pals, demo locks, SP. So it covers a lot more than just mistweavers.
    oops!

i didnt mean mistweaver

Oh lol Midwinter.

One thing about the site is if you use the classes drop down menu, mist-weaver doesn't appear. Hunter also appears there but doesnt have a page on the main page.

Deleted
    Just a rant post but the mana tea cast should scale with haste, it feels so horrible to have it take so damn long, it feels even worse if you're running with low spirit. Standing still not healing for 5 seconds to get like 40k mana back is so dumb, its not even a huge difference, i have spot on 10% haste in raids so what, 4.5 second cast like barely even a gain, but during hero it would be quite nice to have and just generally not feel so damn slow.