10+ Year Old Account
    This would only really help the transition if you react slowly to the scripted raid damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Overdispersion View Post
    Is there a usage per minute for rjw to be better than torpedo? My mw's ilvl isn't very high and I'm struggling to not go oom with rjw. I might use it once or twice every minute in order to not go oom atm.
    Sounds like you should be using Chi Torpedo, yeah. Your Spirit is probably just super low, and the 6.1 Mana Tea change hits low-geared players pretty hard on that front. Luckily, you can make up for a lot of it with the Chi Torpedo buff! You should still be able to OOM by using SCK+CT. Once you find that you have a lot of trouble spending all your mana with just SCK's because of all the GCDs spent on CT and the fact that SCK spends mana slower than RJW, then swap to RJW.

- - - Updated - - -

"http://ptr.wowdb.com/spells/189248-i...ng#19953-19973"

Lol, I think this is the first time "Fistweaving" was in a Blizzard spell. It makes me a weird kind of happy that they've adopted our term for Crane. XD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post
    The crane 2pc is fine. The 4pc is terrible for crane.

This is why I keep saying crane bonuses should just be damage increases!
    Yeah, it makes it an "X for damage, Y for healing" scenario, which I normally don't mind but when it's on tier bonuses, then you don't have your nifty 4pc Serpent bonus if you have to swap back to serpent -_-;

I mean, the stances aren't made to just Crane/Serpent the whole fight. You're supposed to swap between them, even if only for Crane on-pull. So basically it means you're not getting that damage that you could have had by using better itemized gear for Crane over 4pc. It's not OMG HORRID, but a little sad/disappointing.
    Last edited by Geodew; 2015-05-06 at 04:29 AM.
    Legion Mistweaver Stat Weights SPREADSHEET --- Stat weights DISCUSSION THREAD
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean even in a situation where you heavily swap between the stances, (ala thogar), this isn't even that great. I would much rather have t174pc for stance dancing over this. -Maybe- this would be different if this applied a 3 stack, or even applied extend life.
    Last edited by Supliftz; 2015-05-06 at 04:43 AM.

Deleted
    For thoes that wonder 2part mistweaving bonus is just 15% of the monk healing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rizso1985 View Post
    For thoes that wonder 2part mistweaving bonus is just 15% of the monk healing.
    I've been curious about this. Source?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Brolibear!
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Ladies know and love his caaaaaause! It is the Panda with the Chainsaw claaaaaws!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Volibear View Post
    I've been curious about this. Source?
    Aura:
    Extend Life

All healing by the Monk increased by 15%.

12 seconds remaining
    http://ptr.wowdb.com/spells/185158-extend-life

Im guess bonus is worded such to reduce amount of text.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rizso1985 View Post
    Aura:
    Extend Life

All healing by the Monk increased by 15%.

12 seconds remaining
    http://ptr.wowdb.com/spells/185158-extend-life

Im guess bonus is worded such to reduce amount of text.
    Cool, didn't realise that.
    Brolibear!
    Ladies know and love his caaaaaause! It is the Panda with the Chainsaw claaaaaws!

Oh, so it's not global anymore? Still fantastic though.

Ah, yeah forgot about the loss of chi when you switch :/

Homophobia is so gay.

Disregarding the poor wording, it's silly to think it wouldn't be a monk only bonus from any reasonable point of view.

Sorry for the noobish question but is there a bit more in depth guide on how to min/max crane stance? I think I remember seeing one a couple weeks ago?

- - - Updated - - -

More specifically, about those who primarily fist weave during fights instead of primarily do normal healing.

I know you always should use both if the opportunity presents itself, but I remember reading about those who stay majority in crane stance even on non-farm fights and if someone can direct me to that Id appreciate that.
    Last edited by Krazzorx; 2015-05-06 at 05:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Natureseer View Post
    not really, considering its roughly 1 target per 2 rising sun kicks, its a random target, and really the only thing theyre getting is the 15% healing buff since rem does no healing on its own, and the direct heal got nerfed to nothingness. its still decent though, like, about as good as it should be i guess. and it helps you be set up for when you switch out of crane.

edit: now if they added eminence healing onto the extend life buff... well thats wishful thinking.
    Why wouldn't eminence also benefit from Extend Life? It says all the Monk's healing, shouldn't that be included?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by djriff View Post
    Why wouldn't eminence also benefit from Extend Life? It says all the Monk's healing, shouldn't that be included?
    That would make too much sense though! But yeah, you'd think it would.

I have to wonder if the ReM from 4pc will interact with the ReM glyph or not.
    Last edited by Lumiair; 2015-05-06 at 07:13 PM. Reason: I'm bad at wording

Deleted
    The set bonuses really feels like a life experiment for future implimentation, how to make a functional multitarget healing kinda unique and functional for 5 mans etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunasta View Post
    I would assume that it does -- the most reasonable mental model I can reverse-engineer from the collection of stuff is that the developers actually want to buff fistweaving a bit, presumably because they see monks doing a lot of it, and they decided that they would like that. Extra ReM but loss of chi on stance switching suggests that this is intended more to give that little HoT boost to healing, and make it less globals to get ReM up (and/or have more coverage) when you switch back in anticipation of AoE damage, but not to, eg, make fist-fist-uplift a thing that happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Lunasta View Post

What I mean is, has it been stated that Eminence would not recieved increased healing from Extend Life? Granted Eminence healing is pretty subpar but it would be nice.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by djriff View Post
    What I mean is, has it been stated that Eminence would not recieved increased healing from Extend Life? Granted Eminence healing is pretty subpar but it would be nice.
    The aura states all healing received from the Monk is increased by 15%. Eminence is healing from the Monk, so I'd like to say yes.
    Brolibear!

I think it's a given that Eminence will be affected by Extend Life.
    Legion Mistweaver Stat Weights SPREADSHEET --- Stat weights DISCUSSION THREAD
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise

Quote Originally Posted by Atacamite View Post
    Massive demos can't target you no. The way i healed phase 1 on progress was to fistweave the first massive demo (covered by disc PI+hpally wings) to get some mana tea stacks for later in the fight, then i ran with the ranged group after that. Even with low stamina you should be fine as long as you watch the small demos towards the end, you can end up taking a lot of avoidable damage if you're not careful. I really recommend just running with the group and keeping RJW up then when fox drops rolling ahead slightly, cast a uplift, reapply RJW, roll again to the end and carry on healing, because of the range of RJW that keeps it healing people almost the entire way around and lets you get a uplift in where you'd just be throwing more instants otherwise. A nice tip if you're worried about your survivability is to pop dampen harm like 15 seconds before you pull, that way you cover both the first and 3rd demo with dampen, and the 2nd you can fortifying if you still have trouble surviving.

I did some mortar baiting as well, if you're outranging people often like our tactic did, make sure your statue is towards the middle of the room then soothing yourself, lets you get a bit extra healing out while you're just standing there, good luck!
    I'll make sure to thank you for this reply, I never thought about doing Dampen Harm 15 prior to pull, but that does the trick very well..
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Geodew View Post
    I think it's a given that Eminence will be affected by Extend Life.
    I agree, I was just getting a mixed vibe from my fellow posters.