Quote Originally Posted by ZeroAvix View Post
    Seriously though, its not a huge deal to watch Extend Life. Generally, you will know where you put it, and halfway through a ReM duration its fallen off and you know they won't get the giant heal. I've mostly been using Extend Life as a sort of Flash heal mechanic where I Uplift > Extend Life anyone that is low. When there is not an obvious target in danger, I'll just refresh it on the tanks or wait a few seconds to save a ReM charge if there is upcoming damage.
    This. I actually stopped spamming ReM as much as I possibly could and just let it sit at 1 or 2 charges so I can bomb someone with a 100k heal whenever I want. Having single target on-demand healing that isn't terrible or take 3+ seconds to actually do something is pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkioh View Post
    I told you that way back in May!
    Yeah, I know, that's why I said "forgot" as opposed to "didn't realize." I think you weren't even the only one to tweet me about it lol
    Legion Mistweaver Stat Weights SPREADSHEET --- Stat weights DISCUSSION THREAD
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise

I think Black Iron Microcruicble might be BIS for fistweaving it hast the highest int out of any of them and the multi strike proc is nice especially if you're tracking it's cooldown and have a couple charges of RSK ready for it. Spirit is pretty useless if you're mostly fist-weaving so my second choice would be the piston.

10+ Year Old Account
    From a pure DPS POV, anytime spent drinking mana tea is a dps loss. Also I don't know if you've fistweaved purely for dps without t17 2pc, but much more of your GCD's is spent on jab, rather than Blackout Kick or RSK. Combine this with the higher amounts of haste we have on gear in BiS, and you'll notice mana is quite intensive if you don't want to waste GCD's on mana tea.

I could be wrong here but, you have to keep in mind Multistrike DR for Crane. With the big uptime of tiger strikes with a 1.6 weapon/frostwolf enchant, adding on another multistrike proc really isn't going to do that much compared to IG/DP.
    Last edited by Supliftz; 2015-07-22 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    This. I actually stopped spamming ReM as much as I possibly could and just let it sit at 1 or 2 charges so I can bomb someone with a 100k heal whenever I want. Having single target on-demand healing that isn't terrible or take 3+ seconds to actually do something is pretty cool.
    Hehe. Last night was my first night to raid with the 4pc, so I think thats mostly why I was focused so much on it. I do both of these things though, Uplift then EL on a target who needs it/doesnt have EL, and Im not keeping ReM on CD anymore, keeping 1-2 charges ready to go so I can spread EL right before raid dmg + use the 1-2 chi to do the uplift I need in first place. Its been pretty smooth.

I also use chi Brew. I am just too used to having control over it, although I heard PS was better for the 4pc?

Is PS better with the 4 piece?

I love Chi Brew, but I switched to using PS and I love it. The one thing I had to change was being careful not to use expel harm and waste chi, or with RJW.
    Izzirogue of Tyrannosaurus Rekt - Hyjal | @izzirez

Deleted
    Chi Brew was probably best in BRF.... In HFC I find PS better.

Also stopped using Expel Harm glyph.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    With how bursty the harder mythic fights are I find CB a lot better than PS, getting that extra uplift when you need it feels a lot more valuable.

So what are some other opinions of PS vs CB. And the consensus on the EH Glyph.

The biggest benefit of Chi Brew is the ability to pump out 4 Uplifts in a row (have 4 chi, double CB).

The thing is, you will literally never want to do this with 4p. Extend Life only lasts for 12 seconds and it's best to have it on the most injured people, not random whoever. Because all raid heals are more or less random now, most of the time during those big raid-wide damage abilities some people will get left low and some will be at full health; you want Extend Life on those low health people. That means you'd have to ReM after the damage has already started, which means you're already spending GCDs on getting chi.

With PS you can still Uplift x4, it just takes a little longer because you have to Uplift --> ReM --> Uplift --> ReM --> Uplift --> Expel w/ PS --> Uplift but you will do more effective healing than mashing Uplift x4. You also get to do this whenever you want and not needing to use 2 minute worth of cooldowns to pull it off.

Deleted
    Unless it's something like Archimonde with fire or movement you can get the best of both worlds with power strikes anyway, by putting chi spheres off to the side. I'm pretty sure the cap is like 8 or something. There's nothing better about chi brew except mana. Since PS has better control if you're actually bothered having a clump of spheres over to your left or whatever.

The question really is, can you be assed with the chi sphere maintenance. On paper power strikes is better in every single way but since burst with it is such a pain in the balls to do it's easier to just use chi brew for the same result. If you played perfectly though, there'd be no reason to ever use chi brew unless you were ooming

Since with good non lazy gameplay it ticks all the boxes chi brew does and more
    Last edited by mmoc028a8df6da; 2015-07-23 at 12:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post
    From a pure DPS POV, anytime spent drinking mana tea is a dps loss.
    To clarify: CJL+Tea is significantly more DPS than 4x Jab, giving Spirit a positive (non-zero) stat weight for Crane DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post
    I could be wrong here but, you have to keep in mind Multistrike DR for Crane. With the big uptime of tiger strikes with a 1.6 weapon/frostwolf enchant, adding on another multistrike proc really isn't going to do that much compared to IG/DP.
    Nope, you are not wrong here. :P Lots of Multistrike DR. Enough to make me wonder if Haste is best for PoM DPS (albeit probably followed closely by Multistrike), as opposed to Multistrike>Haste, as I've mentioned before.

- - - Updated - - -

If Extend Life is 20% of total healing (+25% HPS) at current Multistrike levels, then the baseline healing increase would be about

0.25/1.3730 (using my gear as an estimate) = +18.2083% healing, increased by Multistrike. Each percent of Multistrike costs 66 rating, and DR's according to BiS Multistrike levels of 43.59%, so with 5% affinity, that's

1.05*0.182083*(110/66)/1.4359 = 0.2219. That would be the value of Multistrike if that's all it did. So we just add that into the current weight of 1.10 to get 1.32. Putting this back into AMR yields a new BiS Multistrike of 45.21.

Repeating the process yields 0.182083*(110/66)/1.4521 = 0.2194, which still rounds to 1.32.

TL;DR new Multistrike weight is 1.32, disclaimer: still an estimate because I haven't finished 6.2 weights yet. I've been busy >.>

- - - Updated - - -

Fun Fact: AMR (with no penalty for procs) now says Mythic Ele Shielding Talisman is the 2nd best trinket behind Leech. (That does not make it actually BiS, unless maybe you have MWF socketed or something)
    Last edited by Geodew; 2015-07-27 at 09:20 PM.
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise

i didnt realize anyone still used chi brew lol. once u go ps u never go back..

Quote Originally Posted by Natureseer View Post
    i didnt realize anyone still used chi brew lol. once u go ps u never go back..
    Meh, I hated it. So much wasted Chi. Like in Total's rotation
    Uplift --> ReM --> Uplift --> ReM --> Uplift --> Expel w/ PS --> Uplift
    You could instead just
    Uplift --> ReM --> Uplift --> ReM --> Uplift --> Uplift
    so I don't really see how 4pc favors PS, or the point in deciding not to push your Uplift out sooner when it does less overheal. The advantage of PS is supposed to be that you can do this every 15s, but damage requiring several Uplifts in quick succession doesn't really come often enough to make good use of the Chi, and Power Strikes falls behind Chi Brew at like only 90% usage. Burst without cd's is always what can kill the raid. It also limits your rotational options, as others have said ("Oh, I don't want to EH or RJW because I have 3 chi"). I could go on, but whatever, honestly. No one seems to listen to me regarding this particular topic :P

The thing is that they're both so close that you basically need theorycraft to tell you which one is better, and theorycraft says "almost always Chi Brew" unless you're forced into gearing more Spirit than you can use, like in SoO or something. But people just continue to go with their gut feelings even though you can't even tell the difference on meters /shrug
    Last edited by Geodew; 2015-07-23 at 01:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodew View Post
    The advantage of PS is supposed to be that you can do this every 15s, but damage requiring several Uplifts in quick succession doesn't really come often enough to make good use of the Chi
    That's just not true in this tier though. Of all of the fights in HFC that have big bursts of raid damage, the ones that are less frequent than Chi Brew's cooldown are like.. Socrethar, Tyrant, and maybe Mannoroth. Most of them are either 45 second timers or are too long for a single rotation of Uplifts to cover the whole thing (thus eliminating the point of saving the GCD).

It was certainly true in Highmaul and BRF, and back in the entirety of MoP 4x Uplifts was obviously a lot faster, but the timers in HFC just don't line up to be either every 2 minutes or every 1 minute on most fights.

Like you said though, it doesn't really matter, but mana is such a non-issue with the amount of Crane cheesing that can be done in HFC that I personally default to the extra chi over time for this tier. In the long run, if having PS or Chi Brew is the deciding factor if people live or die, someone probably goofed somewhere anyways.

Deleted
    Geodew are you accounting for the fact that you can drop chi spheres off to one side. Because that pretty much refutes the whole chi brew is better for bursty damage argument. You can drop them away from where you're stood pretty easily without giving yourself any downtime. You just move during a global, expel harm at full chi, then move a few steps away.

Majority of bosses you can plant your feet somewhere and do that before large damage no? It's something I did a lot on Koragh

T
    Fun Fact: AMR (with no penalty for procs) now says Mythic Ele Shielding Talisman is the 2nd best trinket behind Leech. (That does not make it actually BiS, unless maybe you have MWF socketed or something)
    Do you have a link? I plugged in 1.31 into the spread sheet and it still shows M intuitions gift, and M Phylactery ahead.

Haha damn I was hoping the value of EST would go up more so I can justify using it, I can't imagine giving up the spirit/ms proc

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, I hated it. So much wasted Chi. Like in Total's rotation
    Uplift --> ReM --> Uplift --> ReM --> Uplift --> Expel w/ PS --> Uplift
    You could instead just
    Uplift --> ReM --> Uplift --> ReM --> Uplift --> Uplift
    so I don't really see how 4pc favors PS, or the point in deciding not to push your Uplift out sooner when it does less overheal. The advantage of PS is supposed to be that you can do this every 15s, but damage requiring several Uplifts in quick succession doesn't really come often enough to make good use of the Chi, and Power Strikes falls behind Chi Brew at like only 90% usage. Burst without cd's is always what can kill the raid. It also limits your rotational options, as others have said ("Oh, I don't want to EH or RJW because I have 3 chi"). I could go on, but whatever, honestly. No one seems to listen to me regarding this particular topic :P

The thing is that they're both so close that you basically need theorycraft to tell you which one is better, and theorycraft says "almost always Chi Brew" unless you're forced into gearing more Spirit than you can use, like in SoO or something. But people just continue to go with their gut feelings even though you can't even tell the difference on meters /shrug
    Something you do have to keep in mind is timings of boss mechanics. This instance has shifted more towards sustained hps again, making sustained chi gen more attractive.

You're correct though, in terms of pure numbers they're roughly equal. What matters more is the rate in which you generate chi.

Also on EST, even with the higher ms weight i'm fairly certain IG/DP will still be the default option. You could -maybe- use EST over IG on like gorefiend or something if you have a really good EST.
    Last edited by Supliftz; 2015-07-23 at 04:05 AM.