Deleted

Some guy on reddit rewrote the guide for the OP

- - - Updated - - -

>2015 >not playing memeweaver

story of my life.
    Mistweaver Monk |
    "Those who lead through fear only stay in power while those they govern lack courage." ~ Lorewalker Cho

/facepalm.
    Legion Mistweaver Stat Weights SPREADSHEET --- Stat weights DISCUSSION THREAD
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise

gr8 b8 m8 i r8 it 8/8

Best guide 2015.

Oh no wrong stat priority, in what world is Versatility better than Haste? Such a critical flaw to a well thought out and written guide.
    Last edited by Totaltotemic; 2015-08-31 at 06:26 PM.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post

Some guy on reddit rewrote the guide for the OP

- - - Updated - - -

>2015 >not playing memeweaver
    That is such a great picture I'm not even going to resize it, it needs to be enjoyed in all its glory.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

The blurb on revival is sadly true, I sit on it when we do good, sometimes I secretly hope we mess up so I can press it.
    Mistweaver Monk |
    "Those who lead through fear only stay in power while those they govern lack courage." ~ Lorewalker Cho

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    Oh no wrong stat priority, in what world is Versatility better than Haste? Such a critical flaw to a well thought out and written guide.
    Can't tell how serious you are, but while Haste is situationally good, its value is still dumpster for fights like HHC and Gorefiend where you really need that mana; you're shooting yourself in the foot because you won't have as much mana for RJW. At equal percentages, Versatility is <10% behind Crit's value excluding bonus Mana Tea from Crit; really the only reason Crit and MS are stacked over Vers is because of spec synergy with bonus mana tea, +5% MS affinity, and ReM/RSK cd resets (which also means more Extend Life uptime this tier).

My SO is in stable condition, so I'll be catching up with the thread sometime soon-ish to answer any questions we didn't catch, probably Tuesday night since I sit for the first 3-4 bosses on Mythic nowadays; the loot for Mistweaver is such shit lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Buildapanda View Post
    The blurb on revival is sadly true, I sit on it when we do good, sometimes I secretly hope we mess up so I can press it.
    'Dem rankingz, right?! Lol only way to parse #1 as MW on Mythic is probably to have several great Revivals.

Or just hardcore carry your co-healers like I used to do in SoO before I guild swapped. I got Rank 1-5 parses all the time because whenever we 2-healed (10-man) I was doing like 80% of the healing x.X
    Last edited by Geodew; 2015-09-01 at 12:07 AM.
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise

Quote Originally Posted by Geodew View Post
    Can't tell how serious you are, but while Haste is situationally good, its value is still dumpster for fights like HHC and Gorefiend where you really need that mana; you're shooting yourself in the foot because you won't have as much mana for RJW. At equal percentages, Versatility is <10% behind Crit's value excluding bonus Mana Tea from Crit; really the only reason Crit and MS are stacked over Vers is because of spec synergy with bonus mana tea, +5% MS affinity, and ReM/RSK cd resets (which also means more Extend Life uptime this tier).
    The thing is that really those two fights are the only fights where running out of mana might be a concern, and even then Gorefiend only counts if you're 4 healing and can't fistweave during Feasts for max stacks. I've personally done 9 of the bosses running mythic IG and heroic UFE for every one and Council is the only fight where mana has ever been an issue for me.

A liberal application of Crane stance makes all of these fights that are under 6 minutes practically impossible to run out of mana on, and most of the ones that are longer have severe downtime to punch things in. There's also this odd thing this tier where there's virtually no damage on any fight until like a minute or two into it. Even Council is like that, but unfortunately even 100% mana and 20 stacks is not enough to keep up with constant RJW spam for the next 6 minutes. The trick is that none of the other fights actually have constant raid damage so anything higher than 50-60% RJW uptime is pretty much just wasting mana.

The thing is that really those two fights are the only fights where running out of mana might be a concern, and even then Gorefiend only counts if you're 4 healing and can't fistweave during Feasts for max stacks. I've personally done 9 of the bosses running mythic IG and heroic UFE for every one and Council is the only fight where mana has ever been an issue for me.

A liberal application of Crane stance makes all of these fights that are under 6 minutes practically impossible to run out of mana on, and most of the ones that are longer have severe downtime to punch things in. There's also this odd thing this tier where there's virtually no damage on any fight until like a minute or two into it. Even Council is like that, but unfortunately even 100% mana and 20 stacks is not enough to keep up with constant RJW spam for the next 6 minutes. The trick is that none of the other fights actually have constant raid damage so anything higher than 50-60% RJW uptime is pretty much just wasting mana.
    I haven't done the later bosses in the instance, but sounds like they dropped the ball with healing difficulty. Wonder if you even need mana for Manno/Archi? I guess not Velhari, but only because it's useful to Crane all of p2?

It's more to do with the fact that you can cheese mechanics on every boss to the point where they might as well not have the ability in the first place. Also you can't really crane at all on Velhari except on pull, healing debuff is ~3 million and needs a lot of attention, and phase 2 is by far the hardest part of the fight.

Yeah Shadow-Lord, Socrethar, and Xhul'horac strats all revolve around removing mechanics from the fight. Fel Lord is just a short fight and has plenty of time to Crane between Befouleds in the normal phase. Mannoroth has plenty of time between add spawns based on videos, and Archimonde has such DPS checks that you want to be DPSing anyways. Tyrant is the only other one I'm unsure of.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonrisa View Post
    Also you can't really crane at all on Velhari except on pull, healing debuff is ~3 million and needs a lot of attention, and phase 2 is by far the hardest part of the fight.
    Monkioh Crane Stance'd p2 during progression. The DPS pushes the debuff faster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Monkioh Crane Stance'd p2 during progression. The DPS pushes the debuff faster.
    That's because he 5 healed with 2 holy paladins.

Haste is "situationally" good on 11/13 bosses. Tyrant haste is 100% worse than ms crit vers if you're 4 healing. Better if you're 5 healing. HHC is w/e at this point. It's been nerfed into the ground.

Gorefiend specifically, I find it really hard to believe haste is bad. You're either going to 5 heal it, meaning haste is the best stat by default. Or you 4 heal it and never oom anyway because 2400+ spirit w/ IG is a shit ton of regen.
    Last edited by Supliftz; 2015-09-01 at 04:18 AM.

T18 it doesnt matter whether you use Haste weight 0,62 or 1,2, you will end up with the same BiS gear.
    Last edited by Lenis; 2015-09-01 at 07:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenis View Post
    T18 it doesnt matter whether you use Haste weight 0,62 or 1,2, you will end up with the same BiS gear.
    the point i'm making is haste is actually a good stat, not trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Supliftz View Post
    the point i'm making is haste is actually a good stat, not trash.
    Hokay, quality answer to your last post would be something like this: if in your opinion haste is better stat when u are using more healers on the same boss compared to less(for healing, not fistweaving). Then that it is just chasing meters for long epeen. In real scenarios you should go for haste only because u cant save people in time.

However, I would agree that Haste is better than 0,62 compared to other stats 0,9-1,3. In my opinion one thing Geodew is missing in his theory is that by spending mana faster, you generate Chi faster and spend Chi faster that generates Mana Tea stacks faster and as long as there is Mana Tea stacks MW wont get OOM. Other thing a lot of MW dont get yet is that we are not in 6.1 anymore. RJW isnt our only tool as well as we do not have 3000 Spirit that makes MW forget Mana. What makes MW a great MW this tier is being able to use your 4pc to full potential while mixing in SOME RJW.

My theory: Haste should get value for 4pc because set bonus requires multiple spell casts in quick succesion and it should lose value for more RJW you use because you cannot sustain it with current Spirit levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenis View Post
    In my opinion one thing Geodew is missing in his theory is that by spending mana faster, you generate Chi faster and spend Chi faster that generates Mana Tea stacks faster and as long as there is Mana Tea stacks MW wont get OOM.
    This doesn't really work. You don't generate extra chi from faster casts. You're still using the same amount of mana and the same amount of chi and gaining the same amount of tea stacks. You're just doing it all faster.

Yeah Shadow-Lord, Socrethar, and Xhul'horac strats all revolve around removing mechanics from the fight. Fel Lord is just a short fight and has plenty of time to Crane between Befouleds in the normal phase. Mannoroth has plenty of time between add spawns based on videos, and Archimonde has such DPS checks that you want to be DPSing anyways. Tyrant is the only other one I'm unsure of.
    On Mannoroth, MW can DPS all of P1 with 4 healers. It's enough time for you to build up 20 tea. P2 you might have to heal depending on your strat (immunity vs. normal wrath soaking) I did all of the imp stuns too the entire fight so that our DPS wouldn't have to waste a GCD.

Archimonde there is plenty of time to DPS too, but I haven't killed that yet.
    Last edited by Pinch; 2015-09-01 at 07:22 PM.

I don't know why this just occurred to me, but does anyone know if Extend Life works on Essences on Gorefiend? Could I for instance throw Extend Life on an Essence and then heal another Essence and have the one with Extend Life get the 4pc healing?

Quote Originally Posted by Nokcihc View Post
    This doesn't really work. You don't generate extra chi from faster casts. You're still using the same amount of mana and the same amount of chi and gaining the same amount of tea stacks. You're just doing it all faster.
    I didnt explain that well. What Im saying is that if u generate and spend Chi properly your mana wont go down and you will be able to do more in the same amount of time. (through whole encounter)

Quote Originally Posted by Nokcihc View Post
    I don't know why this just occurred to me, but does anyone know if Extend Life works on Essences on Gorefiend? Could I for instance throw Extend Life on an Essence and then heal another Essence and have the one with Extend Life get the 4pc healing?
    Lately half of this thread is about that..