Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    Renewing Mist: 135%*1.15*1.2*3 =558.9% 1%mana HPM: 558.9
    Surging Mist: 318.14%*1.2=381.784% 1.7%mana HPM: 224.6

Is surging mist really better for chi than Renewing Mist when burst heal?
    ReM HPS : 25.4 (split among 3 targets)
    Surging HPS: 254.5 (assumes a hard cast of 1.5 sec)

If your question is regarding "burst heal" with a chi generator..then yeah, surging is 10x stronger than rem
    Last edited by Keiyra; 2015-09-02 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lanilani26 View Post
    Would you guys consider mistweavers to be the worst choice for M Kilrogg visions? I'm kinda upset about not being sent down, hope you guys can help me word why MW are good at it. Or at least reasons to be glad I don't have to deal with them.
    they are probably the best choice after holy paladins
    you can dampen youself and yolo heal / keep extend life up on each of you. spam extended uplift or envelop w/e and ring of peace does sooo much work below
    it also makes sense when your back up since mws are the highest throughput healer
    /you can just fistweave heal 2 death throes and third with an unbuffed revival.
    Last edited by Pablohoney; 2015-09-03 at 02:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually don't mind Crane stance as it is right now, sure its damage was kinda meh but the 6.2.2 buffs helped somewhat. I only wish changing between stances doesn't incur a GCD. It's nice punching stuff for a tiny bit of extra dps and then gain mana for even more RJW.

Also i get happy when of all healers I get targeted for Fel Rage by Gurtogg Bloodboil

Someone PM'd me still confused about Haste, so I'll post my response here in case anyone else is unclear on it. Most of you probably don't need to read this; it just explains the theorycraft in layman's terms.
    --------------------
    It's always been swingy. In short, it varies by fight whether Haste is good or not. This has always been true. For example, it was good on Maidens or Flamebender Kagraz because you have more mana than you can reasonably spend. So stacking Haste lets you cast faster so you can actually spend the mana. When Haste helps you spend all your mana, it's decently good -- that's the "1.20" stat weight.

However, when you're already having no trouble spending all of your mana, which was true most of Highmaul and BRF progression, then Haste just makes you spend your mana faster when you're already OOMing, which is bad. That's when you use the other stat weight (~0.6 or whatever).

People are saying that, with highly skilled healers, good gear, etc., and due to the fact that UFE and IG are BiS for maximum throughput (even if they had 0 Spirit), we have too much Spirit for the low-mana-consumption style fights (first paragraph above). So you want to get more Haste for those kinds of fights.

Basically you should have two gear sets: One with maximum Spirit (for trinkets ideally use either IG or Phylactery, depending on which versions you have, plus UFE) and MS>Crit>Vers>Haste for the other stats, the other with IG, UFE, legendary ring, and no Spirit otherwise (so no Spirit on your neck/cloak/other ring), with MS>Haste>Crit>Vers for the other stats. The only difference this tier is that we use the second set for a lot more fights this tier than in Highmaul or BRF because of the forced Spirit on trinkets. (People are saying they have only used the first set for Gorefiend and Hellfire High Council.)

Hope that clears it right up.
    ------
    Also I could add that the MS>Haste>Crit>Vers set can be thought of like SoO-style gearing where you just worry about pushing max numbers with no concern for mana, especially max burst, whereas the MS>Crit>Vers>Haste set is for the probably-intended WoD healing model where mana matters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pablohoney View Post
    /you can just fistweave heal 2 death throes and third with an unbuffed revival.
    Healers don't get the damage buff FTR.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and obviously I didn't get a chance to catch up on the thread; I had to take care of my SO instead. I'll answer stuff that didn't get answered when I can, though at this point I'll probably have to PM people that I actually answered their question XD
    Last edited by Geodew; 2015-09-03 at 07:10 AM.
    Legion Mistweaver Stat Weights SPREADSHEET --- Stat weights DISCUSSION THREAD
    Follow @GeodewMW for off-topic funsies and notifications for important MW theorycrafting posts!
    IF WE MISS YOUR QUESTION, please ask again! You're not being annoying, I promise

Hey guys, about the leech trinket do all mw heals proc it or only specific ones, (ex can you pop revival and give the entire raid leech). further is the trinket better on a druid or a monk.

thanks.

healers don't get the damage buff, but your eminence healing is buffed by the healing buff, making it an option at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Geodew View Post
    Someone PM'd me still confused about Haste, so I'll post my response here in case anyone else is unclear on it. Most of you probably don't need to read this; it just explains the theorycraft in layman's terms.
    --------------------
    It's always been swingy. In short, it varies by fight whether Haste is good or not. This has always been true. For example, it was good on Maidens or Flamebender Kagraz because you have more mana than you can reasonably spend. So stacking Haste lets you cast faster so you can actually spend the mana. When Haste helps you spend all your mana, it's decently good -- that's the "1.20" stat weight.

However, when you're already having no trouble spending all of your mana, which was true most of Highmaul and BRF progression, then Haste just makes you spend your mana faster when you're already OOMing, which is bad. That's when you use the other stat weight (~0.6 or whatever).

People are saying that, with highly skilled healers, good gear, etc., and due to the fact that UFE and IG are BiS for maximum throughput (even if they had 0 Spirit), we have too much Spirit for the low-mana-consumption style fights (first paragraph above). So you want to get more Haste for those kinds of fights.

Basically you should have two gear sets: One with maximum Spirit (for trinkets ideally use either IG or Phylactery, depending on which versions you have, plus UFE) and MS>Crit>Vers>Haste for the other stats, the other with IG, UFE, legendary ring, and no Spirit otherwise (so no Spirit on your neck/cloak/other ring), with MS>Haste>Crit>Vers for the other stats. The only difference this tier is that we use the second set for a lot more fights this tier than in Highmaul or BRF because of the forced Spirit on trinkets. (People are saying they have only used the first set for Gorefiend and Hellfire High Council.)

Hope that clears it right up.
    ------
    Also I could add that the MS>Haste>Crit>Vers set can be thought of like SoO-style gearing where you just worry about pushing max numbers with no concern for mana, especially max burst, whereas the MS>Crit>Vers>Haste set is for the probably-intended WoD healing model where mana matters.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and obviously I didn't get a chance to catch up on the thread; I had to take care of my SO instead. I'll answer stuff that didn't get answered when I can, though at this point I'll probably have to PM people that I actually answered their question XD

Heal debuff is way more than enough if u have ur statue on ranged to outheal just by fistweaving.

And i believe just keeping the full spirit gear but changing trinkets to intellect trinkets and going xuen is fine for fistweaving fights , you can run down the extra mana pool by spamming crane stance jade lightning which increases your dps a fair amount.

Quote Originally Posted by zerr View Post
    Hey guys, about the leech trinket do all mw heals proc it or only specific ones, (ex can you pop revival and give the entire raid leech). further is the trinket better on a druid or a monk.

thanks.
    every outheal you do gives the target leech,doesnt matter which spell you outheal with.
    Last edited by Pablohoney; 2015-09-03 at 03:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

thanks.
    your example works, but of course it only grants leech on actual heals, so you can't really blanket everyone with leech while they're at full hp.

secondly I think they are better on Monks than Druids because of its amazing interaction with MW 4pc, where you can give someone a high amount of leech from spot healing them.

Quote Originally Posted by cqwrteur View Post
    Renewing Mist: 135%*1.15*1.2*3 =558.9% 1%mana HPM: 558.9
    Surging Mist: 318.14%*1.2=381.784% 1.7%mana HPM: 224.6

Is surging mist really better for chi than Renewing Mist when burst heal? Renewing Mist does both much more healing and much more overhealing than Surging Mist.

- - - Updated - - -

You are not a bad mistweaver. Bad mistweavers never go in serpent stance.

Crane is really terrible, for it does neither more dps nor more hps than other healers. In fact, your dps and hps are both pretty shit in Crane.

However, it's really good to do crane for stacking some mana tea to reduce your spirit.
    Saying crane is terrible is like saying I only want to play half a mistweaver. And to say it's healing is low is also completely false. No, if you plan and need to do extreme amounts of healing crane is not the way to go, but in low dmg situations you can easily out heal others. On our current mythic arch attempts I crane until the 3rd doomfire, spike up to almost 90k dps and level out at about 50k before swapping and I am usually 3rd on healing because the smart heals often hit the tanks before other heals. Or on mannoroth, so little healing is needed you can easily end with at least 40k dps and just heal phase 3.
    That's not to say you have to crane. Lots of mistweaver only do it for the chi, but if you don't need the healing and you know how to stance swap efficiently, why not help push those dps checks? And I mean, it's way more fun punch healing stuff then sitting and over healing.

thanks.
    Monk > Druid > Holy Priest > Shaman. Its mostly because of the way different classes heals. Shaman tends to heal less target but cap them. Monk heals more targets but caps only 1-2 of them. On constant dmg like Feast of Souls main difference is how effective you use your cooldown. The statistics are from my personal experience while using leech trinket tracker addon while explanation is my opinion..

Im progressing on Mythic Gorefiend, through other days I were going with UFE+hc IG or UFE+hc DP, today I tried UFE+mythic AR Autoclave warforged, I feel like I have so much more mana to work with.

Well, I got a MW IG this week to replace my good old talisman, AutoClave + IG works very well for mana on Gorefiend. (I still haven't seen a UFE drop)

Can't say the same about Phylactery, I run oom with it on Council or Gorefiend if I use it.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Well, I got a MW IG this week to replace my good old talisman, AutoClave + IG works very well for mana on Gorefiend. (I still haven't seen a UFE drop)

Can't say the same about Phylactery, I run oom with it on Council or Gorefiend if I use it.
    IG and EST is stronger for gorefiend/hhc if you don't have UFE still

"Healing Sphere no longer has an excessively loud sound effect."

OH THANK GOD They finally fixed the biggest issue we have with Healing Spheres.

They are getting rid of Multistrike in Legion.. so yeah, mistweavers should have some changes for sure.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    They are getting rid of Multistrike in Legion.. so yeah, mistweavers should have some changes for sure.
    Moving Jade Mists to crit, so crit can do literally everything ever. Remove Mana Tea you say? Nah, because then crit would have 1 less interaction.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by rivalistic View Post
    "Healing Sphere no longer has an excessively loud sound effect."

OH THANK GOD They finally fixed the biggest issue we have with Healing Spheres.
    Sigh, maybe with the removal of multistrike they will rework our mastery too?

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Moving Jade Mists to crit, so crit can do literally everything ever. Remove Mana Tea you say? Nah, because then crit would have 1 less interaction.
    or maybe moving Jade Mists to mastery? no one likes our current one.

Tweaking healing spheres by removing the sound is the biggest slap in the face possible.. I didn't expect a rework mid tier, but still
    Last edited by Piffweaver; 2015-09-04 at 06:51 PM.

Is anyone else sad to see multistrike go? I know it's basically crit but works slightly differently, but I kind of like seeing all the ridiculous amounts of green numbers all over my screen. XD

Deleted
    Has anyone been able to hit 60% MS ? I've been struggling with 50% though I'm really really close. My ilvl is way too low for my current progress anyway, so I'm interested if any of the higher geared monks have reached it ?