Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    Is anyone else sad to see multistrike go? I know it's basically crit but works slightly differently, but I kind of like seeing all the ridiculous amounts of green numbers all over my screen. XD
    I'm a little sad to see it go for sure, but more for its interesting interaction with RSK and RM. I have faith in the rework though, hopefully...maybe? Plz don't take my damage blizzard.

Deleted
    Is anyone else sad to see multistrike go? I know it's basically crit but works slightly differently, but I kind of like seeing all the ridiculous amounts of green numbers all over my screen. XD
    We already have a going fast stat, haste. HASTE ACTUAL BIS FOR HEALER HYPE?

Multistrike was a fallback stat because reducing cooldowns as a stat didn't work out. They knew it was unoriginal and not unique to begin with, and I always kind of suspected that it would be gone at some point. Versatility was the other fallback (since critical damage as a stat was either underpowered or overpowered depending on whether you stacked crit or not), but they actually do like Versatility because it's so vanilla and so bland that it does actually make it quite a bit different from the other stats, like the effect of primary stats but as a secondary.

Hell, with all of the reasons for removing Mana Tea they could shift the MS effect over to Crit and MW would play the exact same way and value stats pretty much the same way, except now instead of MS/Crit being godlike it would just be Crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    Multistrike was a fallback stat because reducing cooldowns as a stat didn't work out. They knew it was unoriginal and not unique to begin with, and I always kind of suspected that it would be gone at some point. Versatility was the other fallback (since critical damage as a stat was either underpowered or overpowered depending on whether you stacked crit or not), but they actually do like Versatility because it's so vanilla and so bland that it does actually make it quite a bit different from the other stats, like the effect of primary stats but as a secondary.

Hell, with all of the reasons for removing Mana Tea they could shift the MS effect over to Crit and MW would play the exact same way and value stats pretty much the same way, except now instead of MS/Crit being godlike it would just be Crit.
    Fallback indicates you believe Multistrike exists only because Readiness didn't make it through, but the reality is that Multistrike was planned as a Warlords stat alongside Readiness, Leech and Cleave from the get-go. It wasn't a fallback anything. They intended for it to exist as a secondary ever since SoO was launched. Notice how all the siege trinkets correlate with all the secondary and tertiary stats we got. Obviously cleave didn't make it, and Leech became a tertiary, but Multistrike was obviously unique enough for Blizzard to let it through the filter, and it definitely wasn't a case of "Oh, shit. Readiness won't work as a stat so let's create an entirely new one: Multistrike!"

As someone said, if they rework our multistrike functions into crit or mastery, it's fine. But I like the gameplay multistrike adds with stacks of RSK and ReM. I don't want to see that go.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    We already have a going fast stat, haste. HASTE ACTUAL BIS FOR HEALER HYPE?
    Haste will never REALLY replicate all those green multistrike numbers, though.

Still, it will be interesting to see what this means for us. Maybe mastery will be useful in Legion.

Fallback indicates you believe Multistrike exists only because Readiness didn't make it through, but the reality is that Multistrike was planned as a Warlords stat alongside Readiness, Leech and Cleave from the get-go. It wasn't a fallback anything. They intended for it to exist as a secondary ever since SoO was launched. Notice how all the siege trinkets correlate with all the secondary and tertiary stats we got. Obviously cleave didn't make it, and Leech became a tertiary, but Multistrike was obviously unique enough for Blizzard to let it through the filter.

As someone said, if they rework out multistrike functions into crit or mastery, it's fine. But I like the gameplay multistrike adds with stacks of RSK and ReM. I don't want to see that go.
    No, Leech and Cleave were both tertiary stats from the beginning, and while Readiness was a stat that made it into alpha, even before that the 5th stat was supposed to be Amplification like what we saw on the trinkets in SoO. No mention of Multistrike was made until after they decided that both of those stats would not work and that they would do Multistirke and Versatility instead.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/143...aenor-6-4-2014

The multistrike effect did exist as one of the trinket archetypes, but it was not going to be one of the new stats until they realized that the others weren't going to work out, hence being a fallback. This was likely for the exact same reasons they are removing it: it did nothing to gameplay and was just a less fancy version of Crit.

Deleted
    - - - Updated - - -

Haste will never REALLY replicate all those green multistrike numbers, though.

Still, it will be interesting to see what this means for us. Maybe mastery will be useful in Legion.
    Well no, but it could result in a lot more numbers overall. For example if Jade Mist/Tiger Strikes moves over to being a haste based proc chance you'd see a lot more numbers.

Deleted
    Whats the latest state on counting UFE healing? Found a few WAs and an addon. which of those is closest to reality?

eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15161419061#1
    Is what I used, the same day I found a skada plug in for leech trinkets, so I just deleted the WA
    curse.com/addons/wow/leech-trinket-counter#c2

Can someone explain to me how the extend life mechanic really functions?

I see top parsing MW monks having it do so much of their healing so I know I must be doing something wrong.

I'd post logs of myself to compare however I mostly lurk on here. If any kind soul would be willing to help me out, you can search my monk "Sifuiroh" on (US) Arthas - horde and look at some of my pulls to see where i'm fuckin up.

We just started mythic tyrant progression and while i've been able to keep up I just feel like i'm not contributing my fair share at this point and need help.

moving the renewing mist proc from multistrike to crit would be a nerf to the proc, due to the fact that it takes almost twice as much crit rating to equal 1% multistrike. it would allow for crit to benefit both mana tea and the jade mist proc, but i think its more likely that it will be incorporated into a reworked mastery.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastafaree View Post

I see top parsing MW monks having it do so much of their healing so I know I must be doing something wrong.

I'd post logs of myself to compare however I mostly lurk on here. If any kind soul would be willing to help me out, you can search my monk "Sifuiroh" on (US) Arthas - horde and look at some of my pulls to see where i'm fuckin up.

We just started mythic tyrant progression and while i've been able to keep up I just feel like i'm not contributing my fair share at this point and need help.
    There is a brief delay between an Uplift cast and Extend Life actually healing, so you can (and should) Renewing Mist someone IMMEDIATELY after casting Uplift so they will also benefit from the Extend Life Heal. It's primarily used to heal a dying raid member. It's a bit latency dependent though, but I'm sure it's fine if you're playing below 200 ms.

any one got any cheeky tips on healing with mw for mythic soc/zakuun/iskar?

My only tips for those is prepared to be bored. Quite a disappointement those were.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Quote Originally Posted by zerr View Post
    any one got any cheeky tips on healing with mw for mythic soc
    Go to sleep and wonder why this is a boss. You can literally Crane for the entire fight and it won't matter as long as you press Revival for the first bomb and one of the Apocalypses.

iskar

Abuse Extend Life to get rid of Wounds immediately. Otherwise just hit the big add in the add phases if you're doing the strat where you ignore the Mythic mechanic. RJW + Crane + dpsing is pretty much as much healing in the add phase as normally healing is. You can also single-handedly do the interrupts and dispels in add phases if you want to.

zakuun
    Abuse Extend Life to get rid of Befouled. Use Diffuse Magic to eat waves during the seed phase. Other than that you just kind of heal.

All 3 bosses are absurdly easy to heal after Gorefiend.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastafaree View Post

Well, for starter, don't use the Archimonde trinket. Pretty sure that is not worth it since they nerfed it to the ground.

Killed gorefiend on our last pull of the night. So glad to be done with that. I got into a weird groove where I was not using revival during feasts but using it before I went down, IG is a nice mini cd for feasts when 5 healing. Got the mythic OH so happy!
    Mistweaver Monk |
    "Those who lead through fear only stay in power while those they govern lack courage." ~ Lorewalker Cho

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buildapanda View Post
    Killed gorefiend on our last pull of the night. So glad to be done with that. I got into a weird groove where I was not using revival during feasts but using it before I went down, IG is a nice mini cd for feasts when 5 healing. Got the mythic OH so happy!
    I wasn't using Revival during feasts either, just abusing RJW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Brolibear!
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Ladies know and love his caaaaaause! It is the Panda with the Chainsaw claaaaaws!

I usually don't use revival during feasts either.
    I got my IG last night and it's Ah-mazing <333

Personally I use Revival when I go soak at the beginning of a feast, this is where we have all healers soak first and use external healing cooldowns. It was kind of nice when we did the ring there, never had so much absorbs from the proc lol

10+ Year Old Account
    i have a question about the statue, is there any way to track my distance to it?
    i have a tracker to see if it's up but on a few fights with "sub-zones" (kilrogg, gorefiend, archi) i forget my statue down there every now an then, and since its is still "up" down there my tracker doesn't show it