Quote Originally Posted by apoe View Post
    How useful is worldbreaker on mythic xhul? I'm scared of dropping green fire in a shitty spot so I move out immediately, the haste buff often falls off before I can get back in time. Currently using Fel Cleave + EDH instead and the fel cleave damage seems OK.

I think when I'm more comfortable with the fight I can just leap out at the last moment and maintain haste buff.

(Also, canceling bladestorm to stun feels pretty bad)

edit: somehow killed this boss in 25 pulls, was expecting 150+... pretty happy lol
    Eh, debatable. I like it to help reduce Reck enough for Bladestorm, but you are sacrificing Meat Cleave to do that to begin with, and the fight is really an RNG fest. When/if you get Fel Surge really make or breaks the fight for you. I've had a lot of amazing pulls, but I think I've yet to have a kill where everything didn't go wrong.

I know this is a shitty answer, but honestly I long gave up caring about that fight. There's just too much random bullshit with the fight itself, coupled with the random bullshit in Fury, for me to give two shits about optimization.

Deleted
    Opted for playing my DK on Xhul, partially because we need grips, partially because every time I tried on HC I'd get Fel Surge and have to leap away and partially because with 2 Warlocks, 2 Rogues and 2 BM Hunters Bladestorm loses it's charm

Dumb question, never thought about it... Heroic Throw applies a stack of Fel Burn right?

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtwo View Post
    Dumb question, never thought about it... Heroic Throw applies a stack of Fel Burn right?
    Indeed it does.

I gave up caring about ranks long ago. The RNG of both specs combined with ring bullshit just makes it pointless unless your guild will let you be the ultimate scumbag.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Eh, debatable. I like it to help reduce Reck enough for Bladestorm, but you are sacrificing Meat Cleave to do that to begin with, and the fight is really an RNG fest. When/if you get Fel Surge really make or breaks the fight for you. I've had a lot of amazing pulls, but I think I've yet to have a kill where everything didn't go wrong.

I know this is a shitty answer, but honestly I long gave up caring about that fight. There's just too much random bullshit with the fight itself, coupled with the random bullshit in Fury, for me to give two shits about optimization.
    Just want to point out, with three targets up it's worth more to simply meat cleave, over using WS for the Reck CD reduction. You may lose some of your BS burst on the imps, but you'll do a hell of a lot more damage to the boss by meat cleaving. If your group is severely lacking in Imp damage I could see your point with using WS, but in almost all cases I've seen the thing people tend to wipe to is the fight being to hectic, and someone fucking up. The likelihood of someone fucking up gets smaller once the two big adds die off as the tanks are much less likely to cause a wipe from that point on.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    Just want to point out, with three targets up it's worth more to simply meat cleave, over using WS for the Reck CD reduction. You may lose some of your BS burst on the imps, but you'll do a hell of a lot more damage to the boss by meat cleaving. If your group is severely lacking in Imp damage I could see your point with using WS, but in almost all cases I've seen the thing people tend to wipe to is the fight being to hectic, and someone fucking up. The likelihood of someone fucking up gets smaller once the two big adds die off as the tanks are much less likely to cause a wipe from that point on.
    Better for the fight, yes, better for overall DPS is debatable. Either way, Worldbreaker's helps you Meat Cleave as well, so I'd still recommend it over Fel Cleave or Hunger for Fury.

Meat Cleaving is absolutely a dps increase over using WS while the two big dudes are up, and while the shadow adds are up, as you're most of the time able to hit more than three targets. Once both big guys are dead (and before they spawn) it may be better to use WS, but then again, if you can hit three targets with your Meat Cleaving, it's worth to meat cleave (DPS wise at least).
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    Meat Cleaving is absolutely a dps increase over using WS while the two big dudes are up, and while the shadow adds are up, as you're most of the time able to hit more than three targets. Once both big guys are dead (and before they spawn) it may be better to use WS, but then again, if you can hit three targets with your Meat Cleaving, it's worth to meat cleave (DPS wise at least).
    But it's also predicated on actually getting BT to crit. You obviously don't have my luck on this fight.

Also depends on how much you get out of Bladestorm, and whether or not imps are instantly destroyed. I've tried both methods and there isn't a very noticeable difference between them, but each raid is different.

This question kinda applies to both fury and arms.

I have powerful burnished cloak of the peerless with 142 crit & 131 mastery enchanted with mastery & normal archi cloak with 75 mastery socket and mastery enchant. Sims say that they are really close, however arms is simming higher overall single target dps than fury, which makes me believe that arms nerf isnt in there, or fury tier buffs. Mastery is less valueable after the nerf, so which one is really better?

Would be really helpful if someone could sim my character with current tier set settings. Been using this 705 cape for a long time, really want to get a different cape, but sim also says that the mastery + multistrike 720 mythic cape isnt better. Archimonde never wants to drop his heroic cape

Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Khèlon/simple

If you get decently good rng as arms it can definitely beat fury on the single target fights in HFC.

Sarri, has mentioned it, but to reiterate arms has the largest variance of any dps spec in the game on single target. Except maybe arcane mage. If you get good rng as arms, you can put out some damage. If you get bad rng as arms, you'll be last on the meter.

Fury has less variance, but will never be great. In my opinion anyway.

Deleted
    For Zakuun Mythic Progress.
    Fury or Arms?
    i think since there is a "softenrage" at the end of the fight, where you want to kill him fast, before the second Seeds go out, Arms would be in favor?
    Talentchoise? SD, BB, Ravenger?
    or would you recomment to just go straight fury?

thx a lot

Deleted
    For Zakuun progress I'd recommend Fury with Siegebreaker, Avatar or BB (I think I had Avatar first time around), SD and Stormbolt.

With a bit of luck you'll have a 2 recks before he jumps off for Heavy Handed, then 2 more before 30% and then 1 for the sub 20% burn. With godlike RNG I managed 9 Recks (yes, on a sub 5 minute fight) but that's just praying to RNGesus.

I've heard you can go AM for more Bloodbaths but never looked into it.

I go arms on fel lord because the only scary part is from 30% - 0. Also, getting seed and watching my haste buff fall off makes me sad.

Quote Originally Posted by apoe View Post
    Also, getting seed and watching my haste buff fall off makes me sad.
    Seeds and when he jumps in his transitions depending on how your pillars spawned he will jump right into the middle of them and your haste buff will fall off then too.

I don't see any reason at all why it can't last a few more seconds and not reset on target swaps. I mean really.

Apoe, What talents do you use as Arms?

I went fury for my first kill but plan on trying arms for the next one.

However, my RNG luck as arms is not great. I went arms on Iskar this week, took us 7-8 attempts to kill him. I'd get so few procs on some pulls that I'd find myself looking around on the floor for essential pieces of gear that might have fallen off during the initial charge to the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Michh View Post
    Apoe, What talents do you use as Arms?

I went fury for my first kill but plan on trying arms for the next one.

However, my RNG luck as arms is not great. I went arms on Iskar this week, took us 7-8 attempts to kill him. I'd get so few procs on some pulls that I'd find myself looking around on the floor for essential pieces of gear that might have fallen off during the initial charge to the boss.
    I feel like arms on iskar is just a bad idea, but to each their own.

I run bloodbath/storm bolt/sudden death when I play Arms on Zakuun. Lots of RNG involved and getting the seed in execute will ruin your day. But not any different from playing fury really.

My question didnt get a proper answer.

Which one is better for both arms and fury?
    or

Quote Originally Posted by Khelon View Post
    My question didnt get a proper answer.

Which one is better for both arms and fury?
    or
    The first one, due to the socket.

In this case you are trading 21 Crit and 32 Mastery for 18 Str. While Str may be the best stat, it isn't so good that you should give up over double the amount of the best secondary stats. For Fury I could see the Burnished Cloak being pretty close, but for Arms Incendiary Wrath will win hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    The first one, due to the socket.

In this case you are trading 21 Crit and 32 Mastery for 18 Str. While Str may be the best stat, it isn't so good that you should give up over double the amount of the best secondary stats. For Fury I could see the Burnished Cloak being pretty close, but for Arms Incendiary Wrath will win hands down.
    Thanks.

Got another very close to eachother on sim craft today, Im assuming the mastery heavy one is favoured arms and the other one is favoured fury, but just want to make sure.

vs

Quote Originally Posted by Khelon View Post
    Thanks.

Got another very close to eachother on sim craft today, Im assuming the mastery heavy one is favoured arms and the other one is favoured fury, but just want to make sure.

vs
    Stompers for all specs, unless the rest of your gearset is crying out for crit I can't see how the lower ilvl would be better for Fury. Trust the SC.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Stompers for all specs, unless the rest of your gearset is crying out for crit I can't see how the lower ilvl would be better for Fury. Trust the SC.
    Its about 200 dps difference on both of them, while cruel hope crushers won. The downloadable simcraft version havent been updated since fury/arms got their nerf/buff's to tiers, which is why I dont trust them at all. I would appreciate if someone could help me edit my current simcraft version so it knows about the nerf/buffs tho.

edit: I actually dont reach 30% crit without the cruel hope crushers anymore as fury, so guess that makes them bis for that spec. This is also with 125 crit food.
    Last edited by Khelon; 2015-10-14 at 08:46 PM.