Registered just to say thanks Collision! Thanks for the great work! =D

Does anyone have an idea and numbers of how SMF perform at this time? My ilvl es 637, just asking if it is viable...

10+ Year Old Account
    i want to cry

hey guys just came back to wow and I am maining a warrior because it the best class in the game. However warrior DPS seems to be down in the gutter. Just wanted to know are you guys sticking it out as fury this raiding tier?
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

Quote Originally Posted by PlatedPriest View Post
    hey guys just came back to wow and I am maining a warrior because it the best class in the game. However warrior DPS seems to be down in the gutter. Just wanted to know are you guys sticking it out as fury this raiding tier?
    go glad fury is just bad at this ilvl for raiding

Quote Originally Posted by Ianus View Post
    go glad fury is just bad at this ilvl for raiding
    That isn't true at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    That isn't true at all.
    for single target fury is garbage

for single target fury is garbage
    And you really think that Gladiator's opness will last for more than a couple of weeks? Well, it won't. Actually the nerfs already began, and won't take much for Fury's buffs begin...

Quote Originally Posted by thefuga View Post
    And you really think that Gladiator's opness will last for more than a couple of weeks? Well, it won't. Actually the nerfs already began, and won't take much for Fury's buffs begin...
    knowing that fury is gated by crit, blizzard obviously thinks fury is fine and it will stay that till midtier when blizzard will realize that their internal simulations with bots is garbage.. and blizzard says simcraft is garbage lol

knowing that fury is gated by crit, blizzard obviously thinks fury is fine and it will stay that till midtier when blizzard will realize that their internal simulations with bots is garbage.. and blizzard says simcraft is garbage lol
    Blizzard obviously don't think that. If you remember, since 6.0 went live we had some buffs and mostly nerfs, because Fury was OP back there. If they reverse the latest nerfs to WS and RB, Fury will probably be on pair with the other specs - including Gladiator. They will most certainly do that - i believe they even said that the nerfs to some classes were only to balance things in MoP and would be reversed.
    We will have to wait and see, but currently, even with more crit, Fury is still garbage, so something have to be done.

Blizzard obviously don't think that. If you remember, since 6.0 went live we had some buffs and mostly nerfs, because Fury was OP back there. If they reverse the latest nerfs to WS and RB, Fury will probably be on pair with the other specs - including Gladiator. They will most certainly do that - i believe they even said that the nerfs to some classes were only to balance things in MoP and would be reversed.
    We will have to wait and see, but currently, even with more crit, Fury is still garbage, so something have to be done.
    Biggest issue with Fury isn't just the lack of Crit. Yes it impacts the performance but even adding +10% crit onto BT doesn't help the biggest issue which is inconsistency, it's simply an unreliable spec. That model has simply never worked well for this game. Not to mention the fact that it doesn't fit the Fury "theme" at all. We heard many excuses about how changes were done to make specs fit their theme, but even it is a shame. The "constantly attacking wild berserker" crap was replaced by something that struggles to break 50 APM and sits on its thumbs anytime it gets unlucky. Which is most of the time.

they said that but obviously forgot

they said that but obviously forgot
    They didn't say the hotfixes would be reverted specifically, they only said they were tuning for 6.0 @ L90. Thats why we are seeing more hotfixes now, and hopefully we haven't seen the end of them.

I still wouldn't get your hopes up for Warriors being anything but mediocre for the rest of (at least) the tier however.

Biggest issue with Fury isn't just the lack of Crit. Yes it impacts the performance but even adding +10% crit onto BT doesn't help the biggest issue which is inconsistency, it's simply an unreliable spec. That model has simply never worked well for this game. Not to mention the fact that it doesn't fit the Fury "theme" at all. We heard many excuses about how changes were done to make specs fit their theme, but even it is a shame. The "constantly attacking wild berserker" crap was replaced by something that struggles to break 50 APM and sits on its thumbs anytime it gets unlucky. Which is most of the time.
    The spec did fit the theme at level 90 in Ilvl 580+ gear. They can still fix the spec by reducing/removing the RNG on Raging Blow procs by (I must sound like a broken record by now probably) massively increasing the crit on Bloodthirst (up to 50-60% or higher) and possibly even increasing rage generation.

For it to be "Furious" you need lots of RB's and Wild Strikes, it needs to be like it was in SOO and it needs to be like that right now, not in 18 months or at the end of the expansion but within this content patch... And with a 2 tier expansion it will never reach that point in any case.

At the very least they should sort out the shitty single target dps.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    Chiming in again to ask that we all put Firebert on ignore already. You have to be trolling to see Fury's current downtime and lack of viability "fun when you're lucky."

OT, part of me feels that Fury has been left the way it is to get some more Gladiator engagement. A terrible way of going about it...but wouldn't it make sense. Highmaul seems like a passive cleave class's dream.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    The spec did fit the theme at level 90 in Ilvl 580+ gear. They can still fix the spec by reducing/removing the RNG on Raging Blow procs by (I must sound like a broken record by now probably) massively increasing the crit on Bloodthirst (up to 50-60% or higher) and possibly even increasing rage generation.

For it to be "Furious" you need lots of RB's and Wild Strikes, it needs to be like it was in SOO and it needs to be like that right now, not in 18 months or at the end of the expansion but within this content patch... And with a 2 tier expansion it will never reach that point in any case.

I can already hear the blues...

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Have you tried Gladiator Stance? Have you? Have you? Have you? Fury is really furious right now, that's the way we like it, our players furious at the horrendous RNG and laughable single target damage of the spec.

Have you tried Gladiator Stance?
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post

Yes because at L90 we had massively inflated stats, which we wont see again.

You can't seriously try to justify crappy design by "well it feels good during the last expansion/few weeks of farm/at BiS". If the design only works when you are at the absolute top of the game, what is the point?

Feeling "furious" IMO doesn't mean it needs to be 90 APM like Gladiator is (though it certainly fits the bill!) but it at least needs to have enough reliability that you always have something to do, that's very easy accomplish. Simply adding a bit more Crit doesn't fix it, because you are still relying on luck.

There is a reason no other rotation in the game is gated by a proc like that. At the very least, they all have backup filler casts, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I'm not allowed to enjoy Fury at the moment? >_>

I'll start combat logging to track my downtime when the AMR tool comes out, but I don't think my downtime is all that high, given the talents I've picked.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Yes because at L90 we had massively inflated stats, which we wont see again.

You can't seriously try to justify crappy design by "well it feels good during the last expansion/few weeks of farm/at BiS". If the design only works when you are at the absolute top of the game, what is the point?

Feeling "furious" IMO doesn't mean it needs to be 90 APM like Gladiator is (though it certainly fits the bill!) but it at least needs to have enough reliability that you always have something to do, that's very easy accomplish. Simply adding a bit more Crit doesn't fix it, because you are still relying on luck.

There is a reason no other rotation in the game is gated by a proc like that. At the very least, they all have backup filler casts, etc.
    You missed the point completely, you're not even really arguing against the point of my post so not sure how to reply.

Edit :

You're agreeing with me without even really having understood my post, so you think you're disagreeing with me.

What I'm saying is that Fury right now should play like as if we had "massively inflated stats". Like it did in ilvl580 in SOO at level 90. Exactly what I'm saying is that the spec doesn't work because we wont have those stats at all in WOD. Exactly what I'm saying is that it needs to be reliable to work and be enjoyable/fun

If you increased the crit % on Bloodthirst to a point where it would almost always crit then that would make it reliable. If you increased the rage generation or reduced ability costs then that would speed up the spec action wise. Increasing the crit will make the spec work because the main reason the spec doesn't work is because Bloodthirst has to crit.

If Bloodthirst always (or almost always) crits then it would feel good at all gear levels, haste would give the spec more pace and Mastery would make it hit harder, Crit would be devalued but the spec would play near enough as it did in SOO level 90 with ilvl580 (post 6.0 that is).

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    So I'm not allowed to enjoy Fury at the moment? >_>

I'll start combat logging to track my downtime when the AMR tool comes out, but I don't think my downtime is all that high, given the talents I've picked.

I don't think people care what you think Firebert. You come across as someone who is obviously intelligent, but who is also missing more than a few screws. Your warrior is like a massive troll bait, it's like you're only one step away from equipping a full cloth set and standing there with a straight face.

Looking at your Warriors is like watching someone put diesel in their petrol car and then standing there with a completely straight face and telling everyone around you that what you did is perfectly fine, that your car will work fine and that other people should not think you an idiot for doing so.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2014-11-28 at 05:40 AM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

What I would do is make it so BT ALWAYS gives a stack of Raging Blow, with a BT crit giving two stacks. Let RB stack to 3 for QoL purposes.

There are just way too many instances where BT doesn't crit and your BS or SD doesn't proc and you're literally doing nothing but auto attacking until you can BT again. What makes it even worse is that BT hits for such a piss poor amount of damage.

Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    What I would do is make it so BT ALWAYS gives a stack of Raging Blow, with a BT crit giving two stacks. Let RB stack to 3 for QoL purposes.

There are just way too many instances where BT doesn't crit and your BS or SD doesn't proc and you're literally doing nothing but auto attacking until you can BT again. What makes it even worse is that BT hits for such a piss poor amount of damage.
    Exactly this..