Quote Originally Posted by Kirbynator View Post
    speaking of getting MC'd while bladestorming, werent you supposed to be immune to that?
    Generally, yes. Garrosh doesn't give a shit about bladestorm though.

where's victory rush in the priority?

few questions that may or may not be dumb.

1. Since bloodthirst is top of the aoe priority and raging blow at the bottom, does that mean that some raging blow stacks will go to waste?

2. In single-target non-execute does raging blow 2x stack have a higher priority than 1x? Icy-veins says so but I notice it doesn't here.

3. It says wild strike is a higher priority than storm bolt/dragon's roar; with furious strikes, you'll almost always have enough rage for wild strike, does this mean that those two abilities almost never get used when using furious strikes?

4. Does the aoe rotation have any empty gcds? Sometimes when building up meat cleaver stacks and bloodthirst is on cd, I'll run out of rage and only be able to raging blow with sub-optimal meat cleaver stacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Finbezwaz View Post
    few questions that may or may not be dumb.

1. Since bloodthirst is top of the aoe priority and raging blow at the bottom, does that mean that some raging blow stacks will go to waste?

2. In single-target non-execute does raging blow 2x stack have a higher priority than 1x? Icy-veins says so but I notice it doesn't here.

3. It says wild strike is a higher priority than storm bolt/dragon's roar; with furious strikes, you'll almost always have enough rage for wild strike, does this mean that those two abilities almost never get used when using furious strikes?

4. Does the aoe rotation have any empty gcds? Sometimes when building up meat cleaver stacks and bloodthirst is on cd, I'll run out of rage and only be able to raging blow with sub-optimal meat cleaver stacks.
    1: Yes, as you mentioned in #4, the limiting factor in our aoe rotation tends to be rage, not raging blow stacks.

2: Yeah, it does. There are some fine details that I didn't mention in the OP because it's just meant to be a starter guide. The only thing I would change is that I would delay bloodthirst to use the 2nd stack. The action list is primarily setup so that you don't get in that situation, though.

3: Similarly to #2, I would move level 60 talents ahead of "Rage dump" wild strike for furious strikes. I'll edit the guide to show that.

Quote Originally Posted by CollisionTD View Post
    1: Yes, as you mentioned in #4, the limiting factor in our aoe rotation tends to be rage, not raging blow stacks.

2: Yeah, it does. There are some fine details that I didn't mention in the OP because it's just meant to be a starter guide. The only thing I would change is that I would delay bloodthirst to use the 2nd stack. The action list is primarily setup so that you don't get in that situation, though.

3: Similarly to #2, I would move level 60 talents ahead of "Rage dump" wild strike for furious strikes. I'll edit the guide to show that.
    Dps war is going to be a main-alt for me for progression next tier, would you recommend the icy-veins as a more advanced guide?

Quote Originally Posted by Finbezwaz View Post
    Dps war is going to be a main-alt for me for progression next tier, would you recommend the icy-veins as a more advanced guide?
    Of course, Jalopy just takes my posts and crams it into a guide. It's generally very good.

Quote Originally Posted by CollisionTD View Post
    Of course, Jalopy just takes my posts and crams it into a guide. It's generally very good.
    Can confirm although Steven has been ignoring me on skype makes it very annoying to fine-tune things right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalopy View Post
    Can confirm although Steven has been ignoring me on skype makes it very annoying to fine-tune things right now.
    That's why you steal my posts and bug me on skype.

I feel like I missed something, since when is fury back as #2 dps after mages on sims?

Same for destro and a few others.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbynator View Post
    I feel like I missed something, since when is fury back as #2 dps after mages on sims?

Same for destro and a few others.
    It was significantly ahead of other specs, the nerfs were only to get it back down to an acceptable dps amount at level 90, and may be slightly reverted at 100.

Somehow I thought the lvl 100 sims rankings were the 90s I guess. No idea how.

Carry on .

Deleted
    am not sure how to gem :/ i feel like i have way to much haste. but if i want socketbonuses for red ones its eaither haste+crit or haste.

armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...yndra/advanced

would love some insight pretty pls

Quote Originally Posted by Aqira91 View Post
    am not sure how to gem :/ i feel like i have way to much haste. but if i want socketbonuses for red ones its eaither haste+crit or haste.

armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...yndra/advanced

would love some insight pretty pls
    Haste is still quite a good stat with 6.0+ so it's not wasted past the cap. Red sockets with STR bonuses I use the haste/crit gem. If you're above the soft crit cap of Titan's Grip 48%~ unbuffed, Mastery overtakes Crit in yellows, but you can find your exact weights using Simcraft and doing a reforge plot between Mastery and Crit.
    Here's how, explained via Collision

Deleted
    ah that clear some thinghs up. thx mate

Hey,

First of all, I have been following this thread for a while now and i wanted to thank you guys a lot for your efforts and contribution.

I was wondering, since i have been prot at MoP and gonna be DPSing this expansion, if im missing someting when i look at the logs below..
    It seems that i have a huge difference at wild strike % compared to first post. And except i go for FS, i am not able to get wild strike pass Melee attacks.
    Gear wise, i have 54% Crit 12% Haste and 73% Mastery Raid buffed. My trinkets are absolutely horrible but the other pieces are mythic crit mastery (since i never had the chance to get the thok and galakras trinkets as tank, but luckily some leftover tank pieces turned out to be awesome after patch). Armory is Rhigg - Terokkar EU

imgur /m3k9Tp5.png

imgur /zZHUJyi.png

Sorry about the links above.. It wont let me post any links or images :/ I just wrote them like that so you can copy/paste the part with slash for the image if you want to.

Can latency be a huge factor? Since i have an average of 80 ms but i cannot be sure about jitter..
    Also, i have checked that simcraft graph and my reforging seems fine.
    Im aware of the parses above are from quick kills, which might effect overall percentage balance but it is the same on a lv90 dummy too.. Melee attacks are always way higher then wild strikes for some reason. But in general, im fine with my output except the fact that i dont have the trinkets.. And im not sure if this is a big issue to have melee attacks to be top dmg?

Anyway, thanks again for the thread :)

Can anyone please help me around with the weights around Mastery Crit and Haste ? gemmingwise.

I opened this thread here : http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-%28585-IL-%29
    some people say that crit should be capped and then go full mastery, haste isnt bad but its not nessecery, then I understand that haste is actually a good choice to gem.

can people shed some light on this ? all the approachs are pretty different, capping crit at 48%, then capping it at 55% etc etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigsteak View Post
    Can anyone please help me around with the weights around Mastery Crit and Haste ? gemmingwise.

I opened this thread here : http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-%28585-IL-%29
    some people say that crit should be capped and then go full mastery, haste isnt bad but its not nessecery, then I understand that haste is actually a good choice to gem.

can people shed some light on this ? all the approachs are pretty different, capping crit at 48%, then capping it at 55% etc etc.
    If you actually read the guide, you can see that it is good to gem haste even after the 11% (raid buffed) cap.

Haste cap(11% buffed) > Crit cap (~44% as smf, ~48% as tg) > Mastery > More Haste (which means over the 11% cap) > More Crit

So what does this line say to us? In the beginning it says that we should get haste cap, right? Its not very hard to get and is usually obtainable only through gear. Going on we see that we should get crit cap, this one is also not very hard to get but if you arent very well geared you probably must gem for this one. As we move further to the right we get our next stat, mastery. Now mastery doesnt seem to have a cap which means that we should get as much as possible of this stat and never trade it for anything except if you loose haste or crit cap. Now we have two more left, more haste and more crit and as you can read, more haste is better than more crit so there is no question what we should choose.

Now that we have learned how to read a priority list or whatever we should call it, its time to gem our gear! Woho.

So, for starters. Socket bonuses are ALWAYS worth getting, not matter what. Since they removed expertise and hit rating from gems, they have broken the laws and you can now have two yellow stats on a gem (haste/crit, or haste/mastery for example) which helps out sooo soo much.

So what gems should we aim for?

Yellow
    Dont have crit cap? 20crit - Dont have haste cap? 20 haste - Do you have both caps? 20 mastery

Red
    Dont have crit cap? Haste/Crit - Do you have crit cap? Haste/Mastery

Blue
    Crit/Mastery or Haste/Crit, depends on what stat you need

Now you might wonder why there are no strength gems mentioned, thats because strength in gems are simply not worth, i can go on and write calculations and explanations for why but i just cba. Strength in gems just doesnt give as much dps as the other stats.
    Now you might wonder "but set bonuses give strenght?!?!?!?WTF!!!" well, since its so easy to get haste/crit/mastery combos now and still get the socket bonus, its very worth.
    Last edited by mmoc602f0fe87c; 2014-10-27 at 03:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tankz0 View Post
    Blue
    Haste/Crit should be best in every case, there are however blue 20 crit gems incase of an emergency.
    Sensei gems give crit/mastery.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisius View Post
    Sensei gems give crit/mastery.
    Oh yeah, i even have one in my gear, how can i have missed that one