Deleted
    Thanks guys, like I say it's the first time I'm going to be raiding as SMF.

Should I also put my better weapon into the OH?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Suarez View Post
    Should I also put my better weapon into the OH?
    Depends on talents taken; Furious Strikes, yes.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Deleted
    I've been using sudden death and experimented with furious strikes in raid but found my DPS better with SD, though I'm aware of the RNG aspects.

Quote Originally Posted by Suarez View Post
    I've been using sudden death and experimented with furious strikes in raid but found my DPS better with SD, though I'm aware of the RNG aspects.
    Yeah I simmed higher with stronger weapon in OH and FS but my DPS was less than before. Plus I prefer the SD playstyle. Can't stand spamming.

Is there a critical strike rating/percentage that will allow Mastery to overtake Multistrike as our second stat for single target? I'm just assuming mastery scales better than multistrike with crit.

Deleted
    With my gear i am siting on 22% unbufed crit and my mastery is equal to multy - 0.6, crit is wort 0.55, but i still shooting for crit/multy items because i play Arms for 4 from 7 fights in Highmaul

Quote Originally Posted by EricN View Post
    So 2/7M warr here. A question regarding the use of fury in fights such as twins and brackenspore. I should be following my normal rotation, yet when RB procs, sinking rage into whirlwinding once to meat cleaver, and then RB'ing? So just preface each RB with WW?

Thanks so much
    On two target yes.
    Blizzcon 2010+2011+2013+2014+2015 Attendee!
    lvl-110 Zeush(Sen'jin) Orc Fury Warrior(bread and Butter) WATCH BIG CRITS! Raiding Guild Reality Series! http://www.bigcrits.com/site/index.php

Deleted
    I hope to God that neither Furious Strikes nor Unquenchable Thirst will start pulling ahead significantly of Sudden Death one day. Both of those talents make the rotation really obnoxious.

I'm sure SD is better on a relatively long fight. We're working on butcher right now, which is a ~4 minute fight. Sims put FS and SD very close in this situation and the execute phase is pretty short with some movement. I believe FS might be superior but I just don't know for certain. Do I need to sim the raid? Also I'm not sure if running scabbard/avatar have any effect on this with modifiers and what not.

On Butcher you want Avatar, and SD is superior to the other two talents in all scenarios. Unless there's like a 100 i-lvl difference between your weapons SD will be the best choice in every situation.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Deleted
    Why Avatar? For the increased damage during the execute phase?

Deleted
    are you supposed to do same single target dps as arms and fury when arms has 670 weapon and fury 670mh+646oh? I must admit Im kinda shocked by my fury numbers.. (like 25k, if even, on butcher with 660 ilvl)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    On Butcher you want Avatar, and SD is superior to the other two talents in all scenarios. Unless there's like a 100 i-lvl difference between your weapons SD will be the best choice in every situation.
    was wondering what about avatar for the first boss too?

No clue, I haven't touched Fury this expansion, it's just such a bad spec, and it's worse than either of the two specs on all fights in Highmaul on Mythic.
    My Stream

Quote Originally Posted by vidas View Post
    I'm sure SD is better on a relatively long fight. We're working on butcher right now, which is a ~4 minute fight. Sims put FS and SD very close in this situation and the execute phase is pretty short with some movement. I believe FS might be superior but I just don't know for certain. Do I need to sim the raid? Also I'm not sure if running scabbard/avatar have any effect on this with modifiers and what not.
    Avatar is realllllllly close to bloodbath at the moment for general use, the removal of colossus smash for Fury means that damage is more spread out, which helps it out quite a bit. Mythic Butcher is a perfect case for Avatar, the fight lasts long enough to get 2 avatars in, but not 5 bloodbaths, execute phase lines up perfectly with the 2nd avatar, and when combined with Scabbard's on-use, Avatar is actually better than Bloodbath on that encounter.

So, on Mythic Butcher, use Avatar/Scabbard/Ravager/Sudden Death. I originally thought that Anger management might be a smart choice, but I thought that mythic's enrage was 5 minutes when I suggested that. Four minute enrage is just short enough that AM will not allow for a 3rd recklessness, especially if you attempt to line up reck with trinkets.

The RNG on Sudden Death is admittedly a bit frustrating, especially if your group is wiping <60 seconds. However, on a full-duration butcher kill the rng will have enough time to average out, and it will be the better choice for nearly everyone. If you're particularly concerned with the RNG, go Furious Strikes and put your higher ilevel weapon in the offhand, it will be very damn close to SD.

There's an easy way to simulate a raid, just type in raid_t17p.simc

Also, here's an example of how I do Butcher simulations for my character. Unfortunately, the default action list for Fury needs to be tweaked for Scabbard, as while the generic 'use scabbard on cd' line is about the best I can do for default, it needs a little assistance to assure it lines up with execute here. I bolded the line that I changed.

Normally, instead of importing my character, I would just type in
    armory=us,malganis,collision
    Code:
    warrior="Collision_Active"
    origin="http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/malganis/Collision/advanced"
    thumbnail="http://us.battle.net/static-render/us/internal-record-3684/116/119733620-avatar.jpg"
    level=100
    race=tauren
    role=attack
    position=back
    professions=engineering=700/enchanting=700
    talents=http://us.battle.net/wow/en/tool/talent-calculator#ZZ!1012221
    glyphs=bloodthirst/unending_rage/enraged_speed/subtle_defender/crow_feast/blazing_trail
    spec=fury

# This default action priority list is automatically created based on your character.
    # It is a attempt to provide you with a action list that is both simple and practicable,
    # while resulting in a meaningful and good simulation. It may not result in the absolutely highest possible dps.
    # Feel free to edit, adapt and improve it to your own needs.
    # SimulationCraft is always looking for updates and improvements to the default action lists.

# Executed before combat begins. Accepts non-harmful actions only.

actions.precombat=flask,type=greater_draenic_strength_flask
    actions.precombat+=/food,type=blackrock_barbecue
    # 
    talent_override=bladestorm,if=raid_event.adds.count>=1|desired_targets>1|(raid_event.adds.duration<10&raid_event.adds.exists)
    talent_override=dragon_roar,if=raid_event.adds.count>=1|desired_targets>1
    talent_override=ravager,if=raid_event.adds.count>=1|desired_targets>1
    actions.precombat+=/stance,choose=battle
    # Snapshot raid buffed stats before combat begins and pre-potting is done.
    # Generic on-use trinket line if needed when swapping trinkets out. 
    #actions+=/use_item,slot=trinket1,if=active_enemies=1&(buff.bloodbath.up|(!talent.bloodbath.enabled&(buff.avatar.up|!talent.avatar.enabled)))|(active_enemies>=2&buff.ravager.up)
    actions.precombat+=/snapshot_stats
    actions.precombat+=/potion,name=draenic_strength

# Executed every time the actor is available.

actions=charge
    actions+=/auto_attack
    # This is mostly to prevent cooldowns from being accidentally used during movement.
    actions+=/call_action_list,name=movement,if=movement.distance>5
    actions+=/berserker_rage,if=buff.enrage.down|(talent.unquenchable_thirst.enabled&buff.raging_blow.down)
    actions+=/heroic_leap,if=(raid_event.movement.distance>25&raid_event.movement.in>45)|!raid_event.movement.exists

actions+=/use_item,name=scabbard_of_kyanos,if=target.time_to_die>105|buff.recklessness.up

actions+=/potion,name=draenic_strength,if=(target.health.pct<20&buff.recklessness.up)|target.time_to_die<=25
    # Skip cooldown usage if we can line them up with bladestorm on a large set of adds, or if movement is coming soon.
    actions+=/call_action_list,name=single_target,if=(raid_event.adds.cooldown<60&raid_event.adds.count>2&active_enemies=1)|raid_event.movement.cooldown<5
    # This incredibly long line (Due to differing talent choices) says 'Use recklessness on cooldown, unless the boss will die before the ability is usable again, and then use it with execute.'
    actions+=/recklessness,if=((target.time_to_die>190|target.health.pct<20)&(buff.bloodbath.up|!talent.bloodbath.enabled))|target.time_to_die<=12|talent.anger_management.enabled
    actions+=/avatar,if=(buff.recklessness.up|target.time_to_die<=30)
    actions+=/blood_fury,if=buff.bloodbath.up|!talent.bloodbath.enabled|buff.recklessness.up
    actions+=/berserking,if=buff.bloodbath.up|!talent.bloodbath.enabled|buff.recklessness.up
    actions+=/arcane_torrent,if=rage<rage.max-40
    actions+=/call_action_list,name=single_target,if=active_enemies=1
    actions+=/call_action_list,name=two_targets,if=active_enemies=2
    actions+=/call_action_list,name=three_targets,if=active_enemies=3
    actions+=/call_action_list,name=aoe,if=active_enemies>3

actions.movement=heroic_leap
    actions.movement+=/use_item,name=ashelias_adorned_waistguard,if=movement.distance>90
    # May as well throw storm bolt if we can.
    actions.movement+=/storm_bolt
    actions.movement+=/heroic_throw

actions.single_target=bloodbath
    actions.single_target+=/recklessness,if=target.health.pct<20&raid_event.adds.exists
    actions.single_target+=/wild_strike,if=rage>110&target.health.pct>20
    actions.single_target+=/bloodthirst,if=(!talent.unquenchable_thirst.enabled&rage<80)|buff.enrage.down
    actions.single_target+=/ravager,if=buff.bloodbath.up|(!talent.bloodbath.enabled&(!raid_event.adds.exists|raid_event.adds.cooldown>60|target.time_to_die<40))
    actions.single_target+=/execute,if=buff.sudden_death.react
    actions.single_target+=/siegebreaker
    actions.single_target+=/storm_bolt
    actions.single_target+=/wild_strike,if=buff.bloodsurge.up
    actions.single_target+=/execute,if=buff.enrage.up|target.time_to_die<12
    actions.single_target+=/dragon_roar,if=buff.bloodbath.up|!talent.bloodbath.enabled
    actions.single_target+=/raging_blow
    actions.single_target+=/wild_strike,if=buff.enrage.up&target.health.pct>20
    actions.single_target+=/bladestorm,if=!raid_event.adds.exists
    actions.single_target+=/shockwave,if=!talent.unquenchable_thirst.enabled
    actions.single_target+=/impending_victory,if=!talent.unquenchable_thirst.enabled&target.health.pct>20
    actions.single_target+=/bloodthirst

actions.two_targets=bloodbath
    actions.two_targets+=/ravager,if=buff.bloodbath.up|!talent.bloodbath.enabled
    actions.two_targets+=/dragon_roar,if=buff.bloodbath.up|!talent.bloodbath.enabled
    actions.two_targets+=/bladestorm,if=buff.enrage.up
    actions.two_targets+=/bloodthirst,if=buff.enrage.down|rage<50|buff.raging_blow.down
    actions.two_targets+=/execute,target=2
    actions.two_targets+=/execute,if=target.health.pct<20|buff.sudden_death.react
    actions.two_targets+=/raging_blow,if=buff.meat_cleaver.up
    actions.two_targets+=/whirlwind,if=!buff.meat_cleaver.up
    actions.two_targets+=/wild_strike,if=buff.bloodsurge.up&rage>75
    actions.two_targets+=/bloodthirst
    actions.two_targets+=/whirlwind,if=rage>rage.max-20
    actions.two_targets+=/wild_strike,if=buff.bloodsurge.up

actions.three_targets=bloodbath
    actions.three_targets+=/ravager,if=buff.bloodbath.up|!talent.bloodbath.enabled
    actions.three_targets+=/bladestorm,if=buff.enrage.up
    actions.three_targets+=/bloodthirst,if=buff.enrage.down|rage<50|buff.raging_blow.down
    actions.three_targets+=/raging_blow,if=buff.meat_cleaver.stack>=2
    actions.three_targets+=/execute,if=buff.sudden_death.react
    actions.three_targets+=/execute,target=2
    actions.three_targets+=/execute,target=3
    actions.three_targets+=/dragon_roar,if=buff.bloodbath.up|!talent.bloodbath.enabled
    actions.three_targets+=/whirlwind
    actions.three_targets+=/bloodthirst
    actions.three_targets+=/wild_strike,if=buff.bloodsurge.up

actions.aoe=bloodbath
    actions.aoe+=/ravager,if=buff.bloodbath.up|!talent.bloodbath.enabled
    actions.aoe+=/raging_blow,if=buff.meat_cleaver.stack>=3&buff.enrage.up
    actions.aoe+=/bloodthirst,if=buff.enrage.down|rage<50|buff.raging_blow.down
    actions.aoe+=/raging_blow,if=buff.meat_cleaver.stack>=3
    actions.aoe+=/recklessness,sync=bladestorm
    actions.aoe+=/bladestorm,if=buff.enrage.remains>6
    actions.aoe+=/whirlwind
    actions.aoe+=/execute,if=buff.sudden_death.react
    actions.aoe+=/dragon_roar,if=buff.bloodbath.up|!talent.bloodbath.enabled
    actions.aoe+=/bloodthirst
    actions.aoe+=/wild_strike,if=buff.bloodsurge.up

head=casque_of_the_iron_bomber,id=113600,bonus_id=564/566,gems=50crit
    neck=gorget_of_primal_might,id=118846,enchant=75crit
    shoulders=uncrushable_shoulderplates,id=113855,bonus_id=566
    back=milenahs_intricate_cloak,id=119345,bonus_id=567,enchant=gift_of_critical_strike
    chest=chestplate_of_arcane_volatility,id=113831,bonus_id=566
    shirt=precious_ribbon,id=52019
    wrists=bracers_of_mirrored_flame,id=113844,bonus_id=42/566
    hands=gauntlets_of_the_heavy_hand,id=113632,bonus_id=566
    waist=ashelias_adorned_waistguard,id=118888,addon=nitro_boosts
    legs=truesteel_greaves,id=114234,bonus_id=75/525/533
    feet=mosscrusher_sabatons,id=113660,bonus_id=562/567
    finger1=timeless_solium_band_of_brutality,id=118295,enchant=50crit
    finger2=grunts_rusty_ring,id=116282,enchant=50crit
    trinket1=tectus_beating_heart,id=113645,bonus_id=566
    trinket2=scabbard_of_kyanos,id=118882
    main_hand=gorgah_high_blade_of_the_gorians,id=113848,bonus_id=566,enchant=mark_of_the_thunderlord
    off_hand=gorgah_high_blade_of_the_gorians,id=113848,enchant=mark_of_the_thunderlord

# Gear Summary
    # gear_strength=2804
    # gear_stamina=3836
    # gear_crit_rating=1285
    # gear_haste_rating=555
    # gear_mastery_rating=435
    # gear_armor=2077
    # gear_multistrike_rating=488
    # gear_versatility_rating=899
    # gear_speed_rating=78

talent_override=avatar
    copy=bloodbath
    talent_override=bloodbath
    copy=furious_strikes
    talent_override=avatar
    talent_override=furious_strikes
    copy=AM/FS
    talent_override=anger_management
    copy=AM
    talent_override=sudden_death
    raid_t17p.simc
    max_time=255
    vary_combat_length=0
    iterations=10000
    The code without the spammy profile
    Code:
    armory=us,malganis,collision
    talent_override=avatar
    copy=bloodbath
    talent_override=bloodbath
    copy=furious_strikes
    talent_override=avatar
    talent_override=furious_strikes
    copy=AM/FS
    talent_override=anger_management
    copy=AM
    talent_override=sudden_death
    raid_t17p.simc
    max_time=255
    vary_combat_length=0
    iterations=10000
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    No clue, I haven't touched Fury this expansion, it's just such a bad spec, and it's worse than either of the two specs on all fights in Highmaul on Mythic.
    Sarri is a Fury hater, don't mind him. He actually likes arms. :P

(He will say the same thing about me with the words "arms" and "fury" swapped.)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felroar View Post
    Just wondering, now that it's been another raid week since then and there are new parses up, if this was still accurate. I looked at some of the current top parses and from what I could tell it seemed like:

Kargath: Fury
    Butcher: Fury
    Tectus: Arms
    Brackenspore: Arms
    Twin Ogron: Arms
    Ko'ragh: Fury I think but it seems close to arms on this one.
    Imperator Mar'gok: Absolutely no idea honestly.

Some insight would be appreciated.
    IMO, Tectus is a Fury/Arms toss up, otherwise I agree. I haven't watched any mythic imperator videos yet, so I don't know. It will likely depend on raid comp/strategy based on what I've heard about it.

Quote Originally Posted by CollisionTD View Post
    Sarri is a Fury hater, don't mind him. He actually likes arms. :P

(He will say the same thing about me with the words "arms" and "fury" swapped.)
    God no, Arms is awful, it's just that Fury is even worse, and it's not as OP in certain scenarios, where as Arms can be used in so many different ways to maximize your potential.

Regarding Mar'gok. What you spec on this fight will depend on what you're brought for. On our kill my fellow warrior and I both went Arms, as we where on heavy AoE duty, killing the adds in P1-3 and then cleave the adds in P4 when needed. If we would have had enough AoE I would have gone Glad, as it has the highest survivability, it has real nice "semi-passive" cleave with Deep Wounds spreading, and its 2 target cleave is higher than Furys.
    My Stream

Deleted
    Does anyone know how much better the trinket from Tectus (mythic) is compared to the one from Brackenspore (normal)?