well at least fury will finally beat arms on 5 targets, but theyll probably lose to like 2-4 and 7+ ?

Quote Originally Posted by FKNL View Post
    Why specifically 1 target and 5 target sustained? Does that reflect the fights in BRF the best (honestly don't know)? Seems like it would skew things towards fury once we get tier if that is the case.
    see http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post32016076
    Last edited by CollisionTD; 2015-01-31 at 01:12 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JJmiller86 View Post
    I respectfully wholly disagree. Guess i just kick ass as fury then. I dont run into any of the issues you all run into playing the spec. I maybe have 1 BT that doesnt crit where i have nothing else to press... then i hit ber rage.. problem solved.

With that set bonus ill be spamming enraging blows.

And are you on mythic brack? Im on our interrupt duty so i cant sit there and manage rend non stop.. main reason for fury on that one. The arms war isnt far ahead of me and hes not even interrupting... not sure what to tell you there. But the updated sims point to Fury pulling ahead of arms for fights in BRF? We shall see...
    Rofl. You can't keep a second dot that you have 5 second window due to pandemic on 2 stacked targets because you have to interrupt every 20 seconds (which you know when its gonna happen as well since u can see its cd on DBM)? I doubt you "kick ass" with anything at all, if you fail such a simple task. Probably a case of having mediocre players in your guild so you "think" you're good when you do more damage than them, then you come here and say "many people on this forum don't understand fury". Hilarious.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CollisionTD View Post
    This thread really is not about bitching over what spec is best. They're both have strengths and weaknesses, and are competitive against most melee specs.

T17 2P is a good set bonuses, and makes fury better than Arms in all 5+ target aoe scenarios, on top of already being better on targets that need to die very quickly. 2-4 target is still arms territory, though.

This is quick spreadsheet that I put together last night using the latest ptr. It's a bit sloppy, but you'll get the idea. It shows the dps gain from set bonuses on single and 5 target sustained, and then throws those together for an average by taking 2 samples of single target + 1 sample of 5 target and dividing by 3.

link for below *updated from original to include new tier changes*
    Lol that ele sham dps on 5 targets

Nice! Are the changes to mastery updated aswell?

The 2 set and 4 set work nicely together on the opener, you can literally end up having RB proc 4-5 times in by row off itself also siege breaker seems hilarious in ptr, sd+ siege breaker + new 4 set I was doing 200k+ on openers

Quote Originally Posted by Cityfella View Post
    Nice! Are the changes to mastery updated aswell?
    Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Opeth69 View Post
    The 2 set and 4 set work nicely together on the opener, you can literally end up having RB proc 4-5 times in by row off itself also siege breaker seems hilarious in ptr, sd+ siege breaker + new 4 set I was doing 200k+ on openers
    Yeah, the opener is a lot more consistent and burstier now. I wish the set bonus granted haste instead of attack speed, since that would mean more sudden death, but it'll work.

- - - Updated - - -

Allright, fuck it, I don't have anything else to do this weekend. Let's make that bastard look better.

After looking at the data for a while, I realized that there's more stuff that could be done to answer the question "who benefits the most?" from a set bonus. % gains are nice and all, but increasing a spec that does 10k dps on aoe to 20k dps on aoe isn't really that great.

Thus, here is a simplified version that only shows the difference in dps between tier bonuses. As well as an average which has different weights for each.

Link to Picture
    Spoiler: 

The following is the same as the previous, just cleaned up.

Link to picture
    Spoiler: 

As far as bang for the buck goes, it's impossible to argue against elemental shamans being the first to get a protector token for 2 pieces.
    Last edited by CollisionTD; 2015-01-31 at 08:37 PM.

Deleted
    I have read about the scabbard and never really got a conclusive answer or the information is out date. Scabbard sells at abt 80k in my server, though im not gold heavy I still would not mind buying it if it was BIS till I start doing mythic BRF. Is it worth me spending that or is it just gonna be a very marginal dps gain compared to heroic BRF trinkets? I play Fury and arms depending on what I can do the most dps on. Any advice will be highly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by vinsonlk View Post
    I have read about the scabbard and never really got a conclusive answer or the information is out date. Scabbard sells at abt 80k in my server, though im not gold heavy I still would not mind buying it if it was BIS till I start doing mythic BRF. Is it worth me spending that or is it just gonna be a very marginal dps gain compared to heroic BRF trinkets? I play Fury and arms depending on what I can do the most dps on. Any advice will be highly appreciated.
    That's because it's a hard question to answer. On burst AoE fights it might still outperform mythic BRF trinkets, but on sustained cleave or single target... probably not.

It's always going to be BiS for CM so if you're planning on doing 8/8 gold I think it would be a great investment for you. DPS aside, I like how it makes cooldown management even more crucial and basically adds another 1½ minute CD. It's a fun item and I still get a little rush every time I stack all my CD's untop of it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Meat cleave. Each hit of RB has a chance to proc the set bonus. At 5+ you are getting the full benefit of meat cleaver so your rotation is sustained by the rage income from set bonus procs, you just WW/WW/RB.

Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    Meat cleave. Each hit of RB has a chance to proc the set bonus. At 5+ you are getting the full benefit of meat cleaver so your rotation is sustained by the rage income from set bonus procs, you just WW/WW/RB.
    Not each hit, each CRIT, also it's only a 20% chance, also you only get 10 rage from becoming enraged, for you to be able to sustain WW/WW/RB you would have to be INCREDIBLY lucky, that means every RB will have to crit, and of all those crits every one will have to proc the 2 piece.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mileylool View Post
    That's because it's a hard question to answer. On burst AoE fights it might still outperform mythic BRF trinkets, but on sustained cleave or single target... probably not.

It's always going to be BiS for CM so if you're planning on doing 8/8 gold I think it would be a great investment for you. DPS aside, I like how it makes cooldown management even more crucial and basically adds another 1½ minute CD. It's a fun item and I still get a little rush every time I stack all my CD's untop of it.
    But would it be on par with heroic BRF trinks for the most part though?

Quote Originally Posted by vinsonlk View Post
    But would it be on par with heroic BRF trinks for the most part though?
    For patchwerk they're probably even. But when you can get some kind of burst out mid-fight via executes on adds, AoE using bladestorm + ravager or even a %DMG increase window you can take advantage of; that's when Scabbard starts to pull ahead.

I haven't looked at BRF yet but if you're really worried about it's viability that's probably where you will find your answer.

7+ Year Old Account
    Anyone done any simming on the BRF trinkets? Scabbard still seems to pull ahead in mythic HM, but some of the BRF trinkets seems very promising seeing as mastery > crit when you start getting high BRF gear.

One of the annoying things about scabbard is using it with AM + Avatar doesnt really work very well but Am can be inconsistent depending on how cds can line up. On the ptr siegebreaker feels really nice since the buff and ravager still has its place, on beastlord for eg you can have either a DR, BS or Rav up for every wave which is nice.

my assumption was if we used scabbard+avatar we wanted to use ravager so that everything lines up perfectly? (when ravager is useable ofc)

Scabbard seems like a stretch for mythic brf if you use AM? I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Opeth69 View Post
    One of the annoying things about scabbard is using it with AM + Avatar doesnt really work very well but Am can be inconsistent depending on how cds can line up. On the ptr siegebreaker feels really nice since the buff and ravager still has its place, on beastlord for eg you can have either a DR, BS or Rav up for every wave which is nice.
    AM can be handy if you have Scabbard and Bladestorm, since AM causes the Bladestorm cooldown to drop to around 45s ish, meaning it lines up well with Scabbard.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

It feels like the options now are either Avatar+Siegebreaker or Bladestorm+AM as either of those combos will make Scabbard line up really well.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

wouldnt ravager+avatar+scabbard be better for ~2 targets? A fight like ogrons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mileylool View Post
    For patchwerk they're probably even. But when you can get some kind of burst out mid-fight via executes on adds, AoE using bladestorm + ravager or even a %DMG increase window you can take advantage of; that's when Scabbard starts to pull ahead.

I haven't looked at BRF yet but if you're really worried about it's viability that's probably where you will find your answer.
    Tyvm, guess I'll buy the damn trinket and hope to get some mileage xD