Deleted
    Kromog only damage is usually not the highest for us, since you won't do much damage if you use your burst on other targets. But then again, this is also not our job, not much to complain there imo.

Deleted
    Hey guys.

I am going after Mythic Flamebender tonight and i don't know how to perfectly deal with the wolves.
    We will Tank most of them in meele Range but i expect that atleast 1 add at times will be out of range.
    So as a fury warrior how do i cleave 4 targets most efficiently, when Bladestorm ist on CD.
    Do i whirlwind twice and then ragingblow or do i alternate ragingblows and whirlwinds?

Deleted
    The only thing that makes this boss hard is burning the adds down fast. So your bladestorm should not be on cd to start with and i would keep all cds to go with it. By the time you finish bladestorming the wolves should be on execute % so you go with that instead of aoeing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Psecas View Post
    Hey guys.

I am going after Mythic Flamebender tonight and i don't know how to perfectly deal with the wolves.
    We will Tank most of them in meele Range but i expect that atleast 1 add at times will be out of range.
    So as a fury warrior how do i cleave 4 targets most efficiently, when Bladestorm ist on CD.
    Do i whirlwind twice and then ragingblow or do i alternate ragingblows and whirlwinds?
    Presuming you're always Bladestorming the dogs, afterwards I personally used Berserker Rage and 2x WW into a RB onto the boss to hit all 5, however if your range are like ours and think "stack in melee" equates to "stand somewhat between the boss and a 10 yard imaginary radius around the boss" you'll probably be better off doing 1 WW and RB.

I would just try to save Berserker Rage until after the BS (using BT to get enraged before, hopefully it crits!!) so you waste less globals trying to get Enraged. To be quite honest the dogs die really fast so if you're more interested in a quick boss kill (IE: the dogs are dying fine) just spec Ravager, go ham with the Bladestorm + trinket (I used Reck on the pull but kept my Horn on use for the first dogs 1 minute in) then single target.

Adjust depending on how fast the dogs are dying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Burynerds View Post
    I was third to last on boss damage using reck on pillars and BS/Rav/DR on Hands. 2nd overall behind the necrotic plague god.

I used siegebreaker on our Thogar progression because as someone mentioned the 2nd man at arms needs reck saved for it anyway. The third comes too fast and you cant get BS up quick enough for the last 2 sets of adds anyway. Ravager would probably out dps on thogar on adds alone I guess but I just never really felt it was needed may have been a mistake but my raid has literally god cleave so it would never get full duration on adds anyway.
    Yeah I do agree it depends on what your raid needs, we're quite good at adjusting to that whereas other classes have very little flexibility. I'll probably stick to Ravager for our set up as we don't need too much ST ^^

Fuck DKs on Kromog, #spintowin

Deleted
    Man, the Forgemaster trinket is a bummer, huh. I've yet to start fucking around with different fight lengths but just at the SC default it's depressing to see an ilvl700 Str/MS trinket lose to an ilvl685 Str/MS trinket by several hundred DPS.

Not that this would ever happen, but do you think our class would be better or worse off if they made Bladestorm baseline?

I feel like a lot of the balance/talent shenanigans is focused around this ability. We either have good AoE or we don't. On fights where Bladestorm isn't good are we even that great of a class anyway? If Bladestorm was baseline would we just be neutered everywhere else anyway?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Artunias View Post
    Not that this would ever happen, but do you think our class would be better or worse off if they made Bladestorm baseline?

I feel like a lot of the balance/talent shenanigans is focused around this ability. We either have good AoE or we don't. On fights where Bladestorm isn't good are we even that great of a class anyway? If Bladestorm was baseline would we just be neutered everywhere else anyway?
    I think we would be way too strong if Bladestorm was baseline. Personally I'm quite satisfied with how we are standing right now. Besides utility we can decide for strong aoe or even stronger burst and both was in demand for this tier and probably will also be for the next. It's also not true that we have bad AoE without Bladestorm, 2pc with whirlwind is really strong for most of the aoe requirements, I wish they would make this baseline, it also leads to a more dynamic single target rotation.
    Maybe I'll find some time this weekend to sim the difference of bladestorm vs whirlwind for different numbers of targets and their uptime. We had something similar at the start of the expansion for the difference between Arms and Fury. I have a feeling (and some observation on kromog hands) that at least for the fights this tier bladestorm is a little overrated, or more precisely, favoring single target damage (avatar) and just ww/rb for aoe underrated.

Deleted
    I don't know why you think bladestorm is all that powerful or bursty. Sure it is but alot other classes can do that without speccing into to it. Enh shamans can spread shock fire nova, destro locks can do more and keep going forever etc. We've all seen those cd/big combustions that make bladestorm... Its not what it used to be, or rather other classes can do it too or even better which makes bladestorm less valuable in a raid atm.

In all the fights that bladestorm could make us look good, well, we are not a "requirement" for a kill cause almost everyone else can do just as fine. Boomer's starfall is a almost a "bladestorm" with 40yards radius.
    Last edited by mmoc73263b3bd5; 2015-03-27 at 05:02 PM.

irritating

Quote Originally Posted by Piranhaconda View Post
    Man, the Forgemaster trinket is a bummer, huh. I've yet to start fucking around with different fight lengths but just at the SC default it's depressing to see an ilvl700 Str/MS trinket lose to an ilvl685 Str/MS trinket by several hundred DPS.
    I find it highly irritating, they designed an end game boss trinket sooooo poorly. I am probably shelving it to keep my two heroic trinkets....

Yep, not all the classes have to drop ST/Bursty damage CDs or talents in order to get their AoE abilities (Bladestorm), which straight up sucks for warriors. I wouldn't mind Bladestorm being baseline; and I don't think we'd be OP, considering that our role on any fight can be fulfilled by a few other classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just because it isn't great for us, doesn't mean that it is bad for others.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sjsctt View Post
    Just because it isn't great for us, doesn't mean that it is bad for others.
    Bis for other classes. And it's not that bad if you have some good rng.

Aww, thats to bad. I just got it from a mythic brf cache and i come here to see its not as good as I thought.
    Although I only have Scabbard and a Heroic Bottle of Infesting Spores w/ socket (50crit) - I can't decide which trinket to replace and use with the Forgemasters one.

I've sim'd both with the Forgemaster and its only ~150dps difference.

Am I sim'ing correctly? Im running 33828 active dps with my current gear and I feel like I should be doing more. I see warriors with 38K+dps
    Last edited by Rekot; 2015-03-27 at 11:02 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrco View Post
    Bis for other classes. And it's not that bad if you have some good rng.
    More RNG is the last thing anyone needs at this point I feel like. If it averages 400 DPS behind or whatever I had, it's gonna have to stand out positively to match and will fall even more behind just as often.

I mean, it's not a disaster trinket, but it just feels obsolete to anyone who doesn't get to take advantage of the fact that there are two Multistrike trinkets thus it's best by default. I know DKs like them for example since they're all about MS but Vial still sims marginally higher for them IIRC. They could have spread the stats around a bit more with trinkets is all.

Quick question about simcraft and askmrrobot
    When swapping Anger management in for siegebreaker singletarget, I noticed that haste increased by a lot in value.
    The faster you spend rage, the more AM will reduce cd's, I get it.
    My problem is that I don't know what to make of these statweights as AM isn't optimal to use for many fights and in this case when using siegebreaker, haste devalues in simcraft, making my 11,26% buffed haste less value than crit.
    Should I just skip using AM when simming or do I have to have 2 different gear sets for with and without AM?

Also, when swapping out my mythic overdriven spaulders for hc tier shoulders, and hc tier gloves for hc Gauntlets of Dramatic blows with socket, I see a slight increase in dps with 1 through 4 target patchwerk fights, but askmrrobot (with default TG stat weights) still puts overdriven spaulders ahead when using best in bag feature.
    What to make of this, is SC right or askmrrobot? Are the default stat weights more well rounded or is simming my own gear and looking at dps the best?
    With Dramatic blows gloves the statweights are crit 0.69 mastery 0.65 haste 0.62 and mult 0.57
    With Overdriven spaulers the statweights are crit 0.71 haste 0.70 mastery 0.65 and mult 0.56
    Last edited by Devastathor; 2015-03-28 at 07:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rekot View Post
    Aww, thats to bad. I just got it from a mythic brf cache and i come here to see its not as good as I thought.
    Although I only have Scabbard and a Heroic Bottle of Infesting Spores w/ socket (50crit) - I can't decide which trinket to replace and use with the Forgemasters one.

I've sim'd both with the Forgemaster and its only ~150dps difference.

Am I sim'ing correctly? Im running 33828 active dps with my current gear and I feel like I should be doing more. I see warriors with 38K+dps
    I'm similar to you, only just got a mwf forgemaster trinket...my other trinkets are heroic tectus and scabbard. Have had the worst run with trinkets, so i believe tectus + forgemaster is the correct way to go for now until i get horn + vial.
    Not driving your car to keep the miles off is like not fucking your girlfriend to keep her fresh for the next guy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toijin View Post
    I'm similar to you, only just got a mwf forgemaster trinket...my other trinkets are heroic tectus and scabbard. Have had the worst run with trinkets, so i believe tectus + forgemaster is the correct way to go for now until i get horn + vial.
    Scabbard/forge will net you higher dps in 95% of scenarios. Keep the scabbard until heroic vial. The forgemasters should last you until mythic horn (perhaps even mwf, its still good for arms though).
    Last edited by Malvanis; 2015-03-29 at 02:41 PM.
    Malvanis | <Scuffed> OCE

Drop by if you have any DH questions:
    http://www.twitch.tv/malvanis

Hello all. I have a few questions if you have a moment. First let me clarify that I'm not at mythic level, nor will I probably ever be. Heroic is pretty much the extent of what I'll ever accomplish and I'm okay with that. On that note....

1. I've read, I think, that at some point Mastery starts to rapidly catch up with crit as our prime secondary stat. Is this true, and if so, is this really only a problem I'll ever see if I made it to mythic levels of gear? Should I continue to stack as much crit as possible with heroic items?

2. I still have scabbard, but I am starting to get heroic BRF trinkets. Next week I should start seeing mythic caches, but none the less. Is scabbard pretty much still good for aoe fights and fights that I use Avatar and can line them up for strong bursts?

Thanks for any help!

Hey fellow warriors!

I acquired Heroic Horn of Screaming Spirits finally and replaced heroic tectus trinket with it (my other trinket being Scabbard). I did try simming out some stuff but I'd want to double check here.

For single target, for example Mythic Gruul (which is 5 mins 40 ish in my guild). Should I be taking Scabbard + Horn in combination with Avatar/Siegebreaker, or should I use Scabbard + Horn in combination with Bloodbath/Anger Management. Is Scabbard so bad in this kind of situation that I should go Tectus/Horn + bloodbath/am. (Personally I don't think so but it's worth double checking here)

If I recall correctly I should use AM whenever I have T17 4P and I can get the extra recklessness off (esp if its in the execute phase). But I do wonder if 'Scabbatar' makes an exception here due to the great CD synergy with scabby, recklessness,avatar and siegebreaker. Thanks for any feedback in advance!

I hope my question isn't too confusing

Quote Originally Posted by Agriona View Post
    Hey fellow warriors!

I acquired Heroic Horn of Screaming Spirits finally and replaced heroic tectus trinket with it (my other trinket being Scabbard). I did try simming out some stuff but I'd want to double check here.

For single target, for example Mythic Gruul (which is 5 mins 40 ish in my guild). Should I be taking Scabbard + Horn in combination with Avatar/Siegebreaker, or should I use Scabbard + Horn in combination with Bloodbath/Anger Management. Is Scabbard so bad in this kind of situation that I should go Tectus/Horn + bloodbath/am. (Personally I don't think so but it's worth double checking here)

If I recall correctly I should use AM whenever I have T17 4P and I can get the extra recklessness off (esp if its in the execute phase). But I do wonder if 'Scabbatar' makes an exception here due to the great CD synergy with scabby, recklessness,avatar and siegebreaker. Thanks for any feedback in advance!

I hope my question isn't too confusing
    Someone else correct me if I am wrong but I believe BB/AM or Avatar/AM should be the better choice with your fight length due to the extra Reck it will provide. Line everything up for Execute phase and bombs away.