Quote Originally Posted by sjsctt View Post
    I have been in decent positioned and knocked a straggler ad behind a tank (during Darmac progression, where it mattered). This resulted in the tank's death, due to the high damage in the final phase + general chaos/player deaths. Fact is, it can result in things like this, and is ridiculous. They need to let us glyph it or take out the knockback.
    So we can get rid of a useful glyph like enraged speed to not do a knockback? Stupid IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Glyph of enraged speed is nice, but isn't needed on most fights. Just like a glyph to take out the knockback wouldn't be needed on most fights. I would much rather them just take out the annoying-ass knockback, but having a choice to not have it there would be ok, also. But hey, the best part about a glyph is that if you think it is stupid, you don't have to use it.

Or it could just be a minor glyph....

Anyways, how many of you guys are going Ravager for Operator? I seem to have better results going AM as the adds never stay alive long enough for Ravager to do anything useful, and even if they do we're generally moving before it expires.

Quote Originally Posted by trident00 View Post
    Or it could just be a minor glyph....

Anyways, how many of you guys are going Ravager for Operator? I seem to have better results going AM as the adds never stay alive long enough for Ravager to do anything useful, and even if they do we're generally moving before it expires.
    I prefer AM, due to movement and warlock add explodination.

I really don't like the "glyph it" solutions.

Not that I wouldn't like it changed, I just feel like it begins to subvert the usefulness of Glyphs when we end up with a bunch of glyphs that need to be used. They start to become mandatory, instead of optional choices.

It's a tricky line to cross. Not saying a Glyph to remove DR's knockback isn't a good fix, just that I'm afraid of it being overused and limiting our Glyphs to make changes that should be baseline to begin with.

- - - Updated - - -

To expand:

The knockback does nothing for us, thus it shouldn't take a glyph to remove it. Ideally, Glyphs that add or remove functionality should give you compelling choices either way.

A better example is the Thunderstorm version for Shaman. Unglyphed, it is a noticeable knockback, that can actually be used effectively in both PvE and PvP (unlike DR's). Glyphed however, it removes the knockback so that you can safely use it when you don't want to knock things back. Thus you have a reasonable amount of expectancy of using both the glyph and not using it, as the situation calls.

The DR glyph on the other hand, would simply get glyphed and never taken off; because there is no reason you'd ever want to knock targets back a simple 1-2 yards. It's completely ineffective.

The only way I would be ok with a Glyph is if Dragon Roar was changed into a significant knockback (like Thunderstorm), and glyph removes that effect. Thus we could actually use it as a functional knockback if need be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Roidz View Post
    So we can get rid of a useful glyph like enraged speed to not do a knockback? Stupid IMO.
    Well Glyph of Thunderstorm is a minor glyph, so there is no trade-off there.

I still do not understand why glyph of unending rage isn't baseline.. like really? Doesn't every PvE warrior already use that glyph.

Also, I've been doing more DPS on fury than arms on blast furnace.. 4pcs bladestorm so strong

We asked for it, got told no.

Fury is very good for pure AoE damage on Furnace, Arms has better killing power on specific targets though with Execute. This can be very powerful on things like Elementalists in P2.

Then again if you have a lot of Monks, Execute starts to feel pretty worthless.

Sup boys we got to Blackhand tonight, me and the other warrior in my guild are warming that bench like god damn professionals.

Annoying man, real annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by zyen View Post
    I still do not understand why glyph of unending rage isn't baseline.. like really? Doesn't every PvE warrior already use that glyph.
    well, you know, its not like rogues or hunters got ressource increases baseline or with a perk ... oh wait, thats exactly what perks should have been used for, not to NERF AND REBUFF our dps-cd and then tell us "look guys, you have the best perk ever, cause it buffs your dps-cd by 100% !!!" -.-

gnah, gonna make some rum with tea to calm myself down xD

other question:
    during pull-burst ... everything is procing, you are at 120 rage, have bloodsurge procs and your RB is reproccing itself 5+ times in a row... how important would it actually be in such a scenario to use bloodsurge procs and to dump rage? ... or just yolo it and chain the most dpe attacks together and dump rage afterwards?
    (talking pure single-target fight here btw)

Quote Originally Posted by Sethanor View Post
    other question:
    during pull-burst ... everything is procing, you are at 120 rage, have bloodsurge procs and your RB is reproccing itself 5+ times in a row... how important would it actually be in such a scenario to use bloodsurge procs and to dump rage? ... or just yolo it and chain the most dpe attacks together and dump rage afterwards?
    (talking pure single-target fight here btw)
    Delay BT and prioritize, keep using your highest dps abilities until they (or enrage) run out!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    The DR glyph on the other hand, would simply get glyphed and never taken off; because there is no reason you'd ever want to knock targets back a simple 1-2 yards. It's completely ineffective.
    Cast interrupts.

It can still knock things down without knocking things back.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Delay BT and prioritize, keep using your highest dps abilities until they (or enrage) run out!
    well BT is a non-issue when your 2p keeps procing non-stop, but its the rage-management during that phase that is the pain ...
    the question is: 1 RB vs 1-2 WS ... especially with bloodlust active, it feels like using 2 WS back to back is a waste, and 1 WS surely isnt better than 1 RB.
    so just ignore WS alltogether for as long as you can hit RB, SD and SB?

it just feels all so wrong ... half the fight, you dont have the rage to use your fucking "filler" ... the other half you have so much rage, that you cant possibly dump it cause of procs and shit -.-

Deleted
    Yeah, I mean noones complaining about the knockdown part, just the knockback. But either would be fine tbh, or as Archi said they should just make it baseline, I mean noones gonna complain about the 2 yard knockback that they lost.

We should have a glyph that causes dragon roar to knock us towards our targets.

At least I'll be able to avoid awkward situations where I have to gtfo of where I am, but am too close to the boss to charge.

Seriously, if Blizzard is so keen on giving classes downtime(i.e. arms), they should at least allow warriors to have some kind of resource regeneration(or something passive).

"Warriors get really angry when they do not get to hit anything. Gain 5 rage/ sec they're off the targets."

Deleted
    Isn't WS more damage per "execute-time" than RB since it has lower GCD? I guess it also depends on how many stacks of Rampage you have and whether you use hero on pull, since WS GCD is unaffected by those.

so just ignore WS alltogether for as long as you can hit RB, SD and SB?
    Not sure if april fools, checked the postdate and it wasn't.
    No.

no its not a joke, but if you take only half my statement its obviously out of context and makes no sense ... only reply if you can be bothered with reading and understanding all of the post your replying to.

i specifically stated that its on a pull WITH bloodlust ...
    if you look at dpe it should be 1 WS < 1 RB < 2 WS, which during the normal rotation is no problem as you will clip half your rotation anyway by using 2xWS in a row, but its not too much to worry about.
    BUT during bloodlust things look a bit different ...
    and here is the question for which im looking to find an answer for: as RBs gcd is rather low you could come close to a point where you say "well 1 WS < 1 RB" but i will NEVER fit 2 WS in 1 RB gcd (while bloodlust) so should i just spam RB as it IS better than a single WS or is it still worth using 2xWS and wasting gcd time?

edit: spelling

2nd edit:
    some math:
    lets say you have about 40-45% haste during BL
    so your RB gets reduced to ~1.05s gcd
    WS is not getting reduced at all

so by the time the gcds of RB and WS would sync up again, you could either use 4 WS or 3 RBs. (~3 seconds)
    so basically the question is ... are 4 WS worth more dmg than 3 RBs?
    as rage is a non-issue in this situation (if this sycle only happens once at least) the dpr would not be a factor.
    with crit and multistrike being extremely high during that phase (esp. with forgemaster, as vial never drops -.-) shouldnt the double-chance of crit and ms on RBs also give it a "higher ranking" in this scenario?
    Last edited by Sethanor; 2015-04-02 at 10:40 AM.

Deleted
    so by the time the gcds of RB and WS would sync up again, you could either use 4 WS or 3 RBs. (~3 seconds)
    so basically the question is ... are 4 WS worth more dmg than 3 RBs?
    as rage is a non-issue in this situation (if this sycle only happens once at least) the dpr would not be a factor.
    with crit and multistrike being extremely high during that phase (esp. with forgemaster, as vial never drops -.-) shouldnt the double-chance of crit and ms on RBs also give it a "higher ranking" in this scenario?
    I would imagine 3 RBs beat 4 Wildstrikes by a decent margin, it could only maybe compete on a pull without Hero. "Double Chance" of crit doesn't really have an advantage afaik, not sure on the maths of it but, 2 x ~Half Crit damage "chance" vs 1 x Full Crit damage "chance" shouldn't really be an advantage for either I would've thought.

Added to which the chance of 2p proccing prolly just ignoring WS is better in that scenario, unless you're gonna run out of rage before your Rampage falls off.

Actually I'm curious as to how the 2set proc chance gets calculated; is it like (20+20) 40% of your crit chance?
    Say you have 60% crit chance with Reck (without Rampage) would the chance to proc 2p be:
    60% x 40% = 24% ? Or do you need probability shit to calculate that, I have no idea.
    Last edited by mmoc85f10c3755; 2015-04-02 at 12:50 PM.