I'd hope it would both, with a limiter for whirlwind (one crit per second counts for the reduction or w/e). The main concern from what I've been reading is the lack of effectiveness on aoe.

Well if it is on both then it would make more sense, you are only really using one of the abilities at a time anyway and it would work in all situations. Just seemed like archi meant replacing WS with WW.

So I went through every item of Hellfire Cit, and wow is itemization going to be tricky to get the best setup... the RNG of drops along with the ilvl differences.... looks like we will be trying to swap stuff constantly haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Roidz View Post
    So I went through every item of Hellfire Cit, and wow is itemization going to be tricky to get the best setup... the RNG of drops along with the ilvl differences.... looks like we will be trying to swap stuff constantly haha.
    While a lot of people are complaining about this, I think it's going to be pretty interesting. Bringing back some of the rarity and decision making with items.

I actually like it as well, gives more choices and flavor to items.

I feel so exasperated over the fact, that they are still tweaking Glad set bonuses and gear, still taking swipes at trinkets, and yet still leaving our trashy t18 fury bonus that sims below t17mythic... I mean at this point they can't be entirely unaware of the fury t18 bonus being potentially the worst spec bonus in the next tier. I'm not aware of anyone else that will be holding onto their t17 through the entirety of progression.

Just starting to irritate me beyond belief with every little tweak that comes in.

Quote Originally Posted by amarathy View Post
    He's implying that that it works on both WS and WW. RB would be cool but would need to be severally toned down in the CDR component. Just imagine hitting 5 targets with RB, each giving 2 strikes at 60% crit rate with Reck. It'll pretty much instantly reset after the second RB.
    Yep. It could be done in a variety of ways, much easier than changing the bonus entirely to working with another ability. Also keep in mind that the 2p synergizes with Wild Strike, not Raging Blow, and while it doesn't directly synergize with Whirlwind you do use occasionally use Bloodsurge even during AoE simply because it's free. It is of course just bandaid, but thats about as much as you can expect at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VaevictusVII View Post
    I feel so exasperated over the fact, that they are still tweaking Glad set bonuses and gear, still taking swipes at trinkets, and yet still leaving our trashy t18 fury bonus that sims below t17mythic... I mean at this point they can't be entirely unaware of the fury t18 bonus being potentially the worst spec bonus in the next tier. I'm not aware of anyone else that will be holding onto their t17 through the entirety of progression.

Just starting to irritate me beyond belief with every little tweak that comes in.
    The Glad bonus was understood to be detrimental from the get go, so it was slated to change fairly quickly, like the Arms bonus. Unfortunately and without getting into any details, there is some confusion as to whether or not Fury T18 is actually as bad as we say it is (spoiler alert: it is).

I want to be comforted with your words, but I'm not. Bags of t17 all patch! I guess at least our Archi trinket is fun-ish.

Quote Originally Posted by VaevictusVII View Post
    I want to be comforted with your words, but I'm not. Bags of t17 all patch! I guess at least our Archi trinket is fun-ish.
    I want to think Sudden Death with high mastery and all the haste should be quite entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Artunias View Post
    I want to think Sudden Death with high mastery and all the haste should be quite entertaining.
    Sorry, and i didnt look it up, but what was the haste interaction again? I thought it was a set PPM now since they nerfed it right at start of xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by Roidz View Post
    Sorry, and i didnt look it up, but what was the haste interaction again? I thought it was a set PPM now since they nerfed it right at start of xpack.
    Haste still affects RPPM, so you do get more procs with higher Haste, only the PPM system intends to give you a minimum amount of procs using a standard frequency and adding that multiplier, while if it hasn't procced within a set amount of time, the chance of getting one increases.

What is in the water in Irvine? Blizzard hasn't made a decision in the past ~18 months that hasn't left me some combination of flabbergasted and frustrated.

Quote Originally Posted by nenwavriana View Post
    What is in the water in Irvine? Blizzard hasn't made a decision in the past ~18 months that hasn't left me some combination of flabbergasted and frustrated.
    Flabbergast and frustration.

Hey so im wondering what would be the best crit rating right now, is it worth getting over 25% raid buffed and going rest for mastery and multistrike ? speaking around 700 IL, also got trash (crit + mastery) boots and in addition got the mastery + multistrike, currently using the mastery multistrike ones but im starting to wonder..

by the way same goes with weapons.. anyone ? cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsteak View Post
    Hey so im wondering what would be the best crit rating right now, is it worth getting over 25% raid buffed and going rest for mastery and multistrike ? speaking around 700 IL, also got trash (crit + mastery) boots and in addition got the mastery + multistrike, currently using the mastery multistrike ones but im starting to wonder..

You really just have to constantly sim your character, there were general guidelines posted but all of fury's stats interact pretty heavily that varies things. Crit is essentially always better than multistrike however, at least for now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigsteak View Post

As far as I'm concerned, crit is the way to go regardless in terms of gemming and enchanting this tier. Howver, to optimize you can calculate the crit value you gain during the t17 4-set and play around that since that's what makes fury decent this teir.
    Next tier I suspect we'll go for crit as well since we'll lose the 4-set (after a good while).
    Without crit, fury won't be playable. T17 set bonuses are what makes fury tolerable atm, I'm afraid.
    Fog the Proven Assailant
    <The Internet People>
    Stormrage EU
    Stream Twitter WeakAuras - discontinued

Deleted
    The way I see it, Crit theoretically loses weight as we gain ilvl, but thats only because our main use of crit is making our mastery available to us.

I don't know your ilvl, but being around yours aswell (currently 698) you probably keep 90%+ uptime on Enrage, but I doubt you can maintain 100% uptime over a 3min+ fight. As long as you don't have 100% Enrage uptime, there are times in the fight where mastery is as useful to you as is Spirit ... thus making crit the way to go over really any stat for now.

I have a question btw, does our mastery include decimals or not ? I always thought it didn't, but a friend of mine raised the question and I realized I wasn't actually sure of the answer

Quote Originally Posted by Hemenia View Post
    I have a question btw, does our mastery include decimals or not ? I always thought it didn't, but a friend of mine raised the question and I realized I wasn't actually sure of the answer
    Fairly sure it didn't for a while but got fixed, ways back.

You'll keep using Crit as the main stat. Haste and Mastery start to catch up to it though probably won't completely until mythic level.

Out of curiosity, would it really be so bad if Bloodsurge procs just let you use it on it's own GCD? Seems like it would solve almost all bottlekneck problems if you could use it that way.