I would really like if recklessness actually guaranteed a period where you could be furious, kind of like beastial wrath, instead of not really doing anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanite View Post
    I would really like if recklessness actually guaranteed a period where you could be furious, kind of like beastial wrath, instead of not really doing anything.
    it does feel like it needs a secondary effect like Bestial Wrath. It's such a terrible cooldown. Something like you're enraged for the duration of recklessness, raging blow won't consume charges, and wild strike costs 50% less rage. Then it would actually be a good cooldown again.

Just got my 4pc T18h and legendary ring tonight. Should I continue to use my 4pc T17h for aoe fights?

Quote Originally Posted by psiko74 View Post
    Just got my 4pc T18h and legendary ring tonight. Should I continue to use my 4pc T17h for aoe fights?
    You'll find some varying opinions on this, but I haven't found a situation where upgrading to T18 is worth it yet. Now I have 2 Mythic Warforged, mythic socket, and just a plain mythic on my T17. But even having 1 piece mythic warforged and the rest heroic on T18 it still doesn't sim ahead for me even on pure single target.

A big factor in that is being able to use the ring with T17 reck/pots/etc in execute phase. If your raid is going to fuck you in that regard, you might be better off using T18 more often.

But as a general rule, I'd say just keep using T17.
    Last edited by Artunias; 2015-07-29 at 08:39 PM.

Going to run some sims now to find out but the fact that T17 > T18 is crap.

Quote Originally Posted by psiko74 View Post
    Going to run some sims now to find out but the fact that T17 > T18 is crap.
    We've known that for awhile. T18 starts outweighing T17 as gear increases, but it takes around 80 ilvls or so to start doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    We've known that for awhile. T18 starts outweighing T17 as gear increases, but it takes around 80 ilvls or so to start doing so.
    heh, considering I just got my 4 piece, this doesn't make it feel very rewarding.

Something must be really off because for me, 2pc t18 + 2pc t17 is simming considerably higher than 4pc t17.

I think it's because there are lots of specific little scenarios that keep popping up where having a rampaged recklessness at the right time is really strong, not to mention raging blows proccing more raging blows. If you have a sweet set of Mythic T17 with sockets/wf then it's hard to justify moving on up, at least not until you're getting Mythic T18.

The sims will mostly favour T18 because it's simply better in a normal situation, it's just that HFC has a few fights that can inflate T17... Like Hellfire Assault, Kilrogg, Gorefiend.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thefuga View Post
    Something must be really off because for me, 2pc t18 + 2pc t17 is simming considerably higher than 4pc t17.
    That's because you are simming ST. T18 isn't bad for ST, it is just significantly weaker in AoE, and T17 is stronger. Especially with ring.

And Bazz sims will favor T18 because people normally sim ST style fights, not realistic fights.

I'd use T18 on Kormork, Fel Lord, maybe Socrethar.
    Last edited by Darkfriend; 2015-07-30 at 07:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    That's because you are simming ST. T18 isn't bad for ST, it is just significantly weaker in AoE, and T17 is stronger. Especially with ring.

And Bazz sims will favor T18 because people normally sim ST style fights, not realistic fights.

I'd use T18 on Kormork, Fel Lord, maybe Socrethar.
    A bit more complicated, but that is the gist of it.

T17 4p is actually quite good for ST, while the 2p is a bit of a wash. Conversely the 2p decent for ST but very strong for sustained MT.

On the other hand, T18 is only decent for ST and absolutely worthless for sustained MT. The only place it really shines is on intermittent AoE, when you can line Reck up consistently with Bladestorm, and using ST in between. Basically Kromrok and Iskar.

The biggest problem with T18 isn't that it doesn't synergize with the ring the way T17 does, although that is important. This tier doesn't have nearly enough pure single target for that to be important. The real problem with T18 is that it's absolutely worthless anytime you can't use Wild Strike, which is most of the time in HFC.

Best, and easiest fix, would have been to allow Whirlwind to give reduction as well as Wild Strike. Sadly we aren't going to see that at this point.

With the addition of the legendary ring being a 2min cooldown to use, how do you convince your ranged raid members to wait that few extra seconds for anger management bring down the cooldown of t17 recklessness? I can never get the cooldown reduced to exactly 2min or less, even with heroic worldbreakers.

The way I see it, as long as we are not delaying the ring that it would sacrifice a potential extra use, it would be OK to wait that few seconds.
    Am I wrong to think that way?

Quote Originally Posted by astute View Post
    With the addition of the legendary ring being a 2min cooldown to use, how do you convince your ranged raid members to wait that few extra seconds for anger management bring down the cooldown of t17 recklessness? I can never get the cooldown reduced to exactly 2min or less, even with heroic worldbreakers.

The way I see it, as long as we are not delaying the ring that it would sacrifice a potential extra use, it would be OK to wait that few seconds.
    Am I wrong to think that way?
    You put yourself in charge of the ring.

Seriously though, the ring needs to be planned out this way. A few seconds is nothing, and there's no reason not to delay it. Your ranged DPS shouldn't be using the ring anyway, as it just requires more movement out of them, sacrificing potential DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    You put yourself in charge of the ring.

Seriously though, the ring needs to be planned out this way. A few seconds is nothing, and there's no reason not to delay it. Your ranged DPS shouldn't be using the ring anyway, as it just requires more movement out of them, sacrificing potential DPS.
    Should have worded myself better - the ranged are not actually the ones using it, more like they're constantly calling for me to use the ring as soon as its off cooldown. As we know AM is kinda varied in the amount of cooldown reduction, sometimes I can get it to 2min10s~ sometimes it seems like 2min20s~ (approximations of course). I guess its just this variance that the ranged are not used to.

Pugging with the ring is an absolute shit show. I'm sure I can reason with guildies I can reason that ranged needs to wait a few so I can line up cooldowns. The problem I see is AM in general, the ~2min reck doesnt line up with other classes stock 3min cooldowns. So i'm curious to see who wins whether or not we wait or if we can pop it every 2 mins... I would think waiting would cause you to lose a ring pop so well see.

- - - Updated - - -

On fights like iskar/xhul where adds dont live that long... is it better to use EDH + Chorus or Worldbreaker + one or the other? Just got H worldbreaker and i always use it... just not sure what to use as the other trinket on a lot of fights.. been using EDH with it, but wondering if chorus should go in at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Roidz View Post
    Pugging with the ring is an absolute shit show. I'm sure I can reason with guildies I can reason that ranged needs to wait a few so I can line up cooldowns. The problem I see is AM in general, the ~2min reck doesnt line up with other classes stock 3min cooldowns. So i'm curious to see who wins whether or not we wait or if we can pop it every 2 mins... I would think waiting would cause you to lose a ring pop so well see.

- - - Updated - - -

On fights like iskar/xhul where adds dont live that long... is it better to use EDH + Chorus or Worldbreaker + one or the other? Just got H worldbreaker and i always use it... just not sure what to use as the other trinket on a lot of fights.. been using EDH with it, but wondering if chorus should go in at some point.
    EDH + Worldbreaker is best for everything IMO, Except HFA still not totally sure how I feel about worldbreaker on that one. EDH is still a ton of boss damage, and Chorus has just as good a chance as not proccing at all if adds are dying fast enough to make you question EDH. On both Xhul/Iskar this week EDH was still 12-13% of my damage and our adds don't live very long.
    Last edited by Artunias; 2015-07-30 at 02:21 PM.

Anyone using bloodbath over avatar with the ring? I am designated ring user in my guild, I don't know how to sim it but was thinking if we timed bloodbath usage to include the final ring burst damage it may get us a pretty significant blood bath bleed tick? Probably not worth the trouble, but just a thought.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan1 View Post
    Anyone using bloodbath over avatar with the ring? I am designated ring user in my guild, I don't know how to sim it but was thinking if we timed bloodbath usage to include the final ring burst damage it may get us a pretty significant blood bath bleed tick? Probably not worth the trouble, but just a thought.
    Doubt the ring counts towards BB

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Posted in wrong thread, nvm!
    Last edited by Woodgnome; 2015-07-30 at 05:50 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Woodgnome View Post
    Is it just me, or is the latest SimC (620-03) not taking the Rend nerf into account?

These results seem a bit crazy at least (2-target LightMovement):

• 2pc T17 (M) + 2pc T18 (H): 76.2k
    • 4pc T18 (2N, 2H items): 98.0k

That's almost a 22k DPS increase, SimC isn't really updated, is it?
    You can see which hotfixes are active in the SimC UI