Apologies in advance for a gearing question, but I got myself a mythic Pebble tonight, and I'm trying to figure out what situations it will actually get used. I have every heroic trinket already (except for a normal Archi one), and know that the default setup for fury is Fel Burn + Archi, and as arms, Archi + Hunger. I'm wondering if I should now be using the Mythic pebble in place of any of those, and if so, which, and in what context? I went into gorefiend attempts tonight (fury) with a combo of Felburn and Pebble since I figured the archi trinket doesn't get as much value because of all the mad target swapping. But I'd like to hear some opinions.

Sorry this have probably been asked a thousand times but couldent find it (im derp on searching on mmoforums)
    So i have gotten me hands on Discordant of Chorus(N) Empty Drinking horn(N) and a Horn of screaming spirits (Mwf).

My question is should i use DoC+EDH on cleave and EDH+Horn of spirits for single target?

Thanks for any answer and sorry for yet another re-asked question

Quote Originally Posted by Kalmakk View Post
    Apologies in advance for a gearing question, but I got myself a mythic Pebble tonight, and I'm trying to figure out what situations it will actually get used. I have every heroic trinket already (except for a normal Archi one), and know that the default setup for fury is Fel Burn + Archi, and as arms, Archi + Hunger. I'm wondering if I should now be using the Mythic pebble in place of any of those, and if so, which, and in what context? I went into gorefiend attempts tonight (fury) with a combo of Felburn and Pebble since I figured the archi trinket doesn't get as much value because of all the mad target swapping. But I'd like to hear some opinions.
    You got pretty much the only place it would be worth using, and only because Worldbreaker (for Fury) is pretty terrible with that much target swapping. I'd also include HFA for the same reason.

Deleted
    How come you switch targets that much as Fury ?

If you're on adds duty I guess you'd go Arms, and usually when my add duty guys call for a back up on someone he's dead before I can charge him
    Only time I really swap is when the tank add spawns.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemenia View Post
    How come you switch targets that much as Fury ?

If you're on adds duty I guess you'd go Arms, and usually when my add duty guys call for a back up on someone he's dead before I can charge him
    Only time I really swap is when the tank add spawns.
    Because he's playing Fury on that fight. Even if you aren't on spirit duty, it's generally better to be zipping around killing adds than tunneling the boss. Boss damage is largely irrelevant, as long as you keep everyone alive and handle feast phases correctly.

Hello,

very new to warrior and I have a few questions, apologies if it has been answered earlier in the thread, I've been trying to read it but there is alot of information here.

as far as weapons. I have a 721 Axe off Zakuun and the crafted 705 Axe. which do I put in my mainhand? I at one time was told to put it in my OH since WS hits with the OH and everything else hits with both. is that still true?

I have my 4P T18 and the talents I run are AM BB and AM BS depending on the fight.... I done my own testing and it seems like the best combos. I see on the update about avatar being viable is that more of a flavor thing of what you like between BB and it? (I still dont have my class trink so I don't know if that changes anything) I Know when I use Siegebreaker It feels like I drop 5k DPS.

also with Enchants currently I am enchanting for crit and I see a lot of folks going mastery should I get to 30% (unbuffed) before going to mastery? should I switch my weapon enchants to mastery right now?

Does the Pope shit in the woods?

Any help is appreciated !

Quote Originally Posted by Bindingx View Post
    Hello,

very new to warrior and I have a few questions, apologies if it has been answered earlier in the thread, I've been trying to read it but there is alot of information here.

as far as weapons. I have a 721 Axe off Zakuun and the crafted 705 Axe. which do I put in my mainhand? I at one time was told to put it in my OH since WS hits with the OH and everything else hits with both. is that still true?

I have my 4P T18 and the talents I run are AM BB and AM BS depending on the fight.... I done my own testing and it seems like the best combos. I see on the update about avatar being viable is that more of a flavor thing of what you like between BB and it? (I still dont have my class trink so I don't know if that changes anything) I Know when I use Siegebreaker It feels like I drop 5k DPS.

also with Enchants currently I am enchanting for crit and I see a lot of folks going mastery should I get to 30% (unbuffed) before going to mastery? should I switch my weapon enchants to mastery right now?

Does the Pope shit in the woods?

Any help is appreciated !
    Better weapon in main hand, Av is slightly better than BB but not enough to really make a difference, keep going crit until you're past 30% and not going to lose any or you are playing Arms, only when he's on vacation.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    You got pretty much the only place it would be worth using, and only because Worldbreaker (for Fury) is pretty terrible with that much target swapping. I'd also include HFA for the same reason.
    Thanks, I figured as much. How about for Arms? Just stick with Archi + Hunger I assume. I can see some value in pebble for arms in that it's static stats that are more reliable than Hunger procs, but thats about it. It does feel pretty satisfying to look at 200% mastery though...

Yeah yeah, arms questions in Fury thread, sue me

Just curious, but do any of you think that Discordant Chorus would be much better if it had an on-use fel cleave component on like a 30 sec or 45 sec cd? hell even a minute. basically the passive cleave still exists you would just have an active component that let you activate a cleave on demand when you wanted.

So I read another thread and decided to try something: bloodbath + siegebreaker.

I never even considered this because normally you use avatar with siege (90s / 45s CD lining up). But with ring, you end up delaying both of them to line up with the 2 minute ring anyways, so it doesn't even matter. So I tried BB + siegebreaker, treating siegebreaker as if it has a 1min CD so it always lines up with BB and the ring.

Sims for my character, archi trinket + EDH, default kill time:

BB + AM, default APL which uses a delayed ring that lines up with my CDs (~130s) = 79.7k dps. Avatar has similar results (+- 100 dps)

Avatar + Siegebreaker, with ring used every 120s, and having it delay avatar to be used with ring = 79.9k dps

BB + Siegebreaker, with ring used every 120s, and having it use siegebreaker only when bloodbath buff is up = 81k dps

I've been trying Avatar + AM, but with ring being used every 2 min in my raid, avatar never lines up unless I sit on it for 50 seconds, which is bad when it has a ~65 sec cooldown.
    Last edited by apoe; 2015-08-30 at 12:07 AM.

Deleted
    Only thing that still bothers me is Bloodbath being royally bad when you lose uptime on the boss, and most bosses in HFC can make you have to run away at the worst times possible (Xhul, Manno ...).

Quote Originally Posted by Hemenia View Post
    Only thing that still bothers me is Bloodbath being royally bad when you lose uptime on the boss, and most bosses in HFC can make you have to run away at the worst times possible (Xhul, Manno ...).
    The only time I really notice this is Xhul. Most other bosses I feel any mechanic that has you running out has a fairly long cooldown or at least most of the times if you're running out it's not at a super critical moment.

Whereas with Xhul the damned Fel Surge always goes out when all the big aoe waves spawn. It might not be critical that you're there to kill them, but it does dumpster your dps lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaybee9084 View Post
    Just curious, but do any of you think that Discordant Chorus would be much better if it had an on-use fel cleave component on like a 30 sec or 45 sec cd? hell even a minute. basically the passive cleave still exists you would just have an active component that let you activate a cleave on demand when you wanted.
    Use: For 15 seconds, your melee attacks cause fel cleave (2min CD)

I'd use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Artunias View Post
    The only time I really notice this is Xhul. Most other bosses I feel any mechanic that has you running out has a fairly long cooldown or at least most of the times if you're running out it's not at a super critical moment.

Whereas with Xhul the damned Fel Surge always goes out when all the big aoe waves spawn. It might not be critical that you're there to kill them, but it does dumpster your dps lol.
    I don't know why you would ever run Bloodbath/Avatar over Bladestorm on Xhul anyways. If you aren't going to touch imps, you might as well be Arms to cleave.

does anything else feel that majority of the other classes keep creeping ahead of us in terms of damage output while we sit in the same spot? A buff here and a buff there and before you know it we are average . The only fights where I can excel are fight's when I'm allowed to bladestorm and luckily the adds actually need to die in most cases.

It's nice to compare myself to only warriors and be doing decently but sometimes it's not enough. It's quite defeating to know I've no chance of beating a sub rogue with the exact same job as me, then to have them go combat and keep up with me easily while providing A+ raid utility. To have an arcane mage equip a trinket and doom nova the shit out of everything, suddenly they can aoe. I'm very confused at what blizzard was striving for in terms of class balance this tier. It feels like it's ok for some to have everything and more but not for others, not to mention having BRF items beat out HFC equivalents for all different classes and class trinkets that barely seem worth it for some.

I really don't know where I was going with this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryanite View Post
    does anything else feel that majority of the other classes keep creeping ahead of us in terms of damage output while we sit in the same spot? A buff here and a buff there and before you know it we are average . The only fights where I can excel are fight's when I'm allowed to bladestorm and luckily the adds actually need to die in most cases.

It's nice to compare myself to only warriors and be doing decently but sometimes it's not enough. It's quite defeating to know I've no chance of beating a sub rogue with the exact same job as me, then to have them go combat and keep up with me easily while providing A+ raid utility. To have an arcane mage equip a trinket and doom nova the shit out of everything, suddenly they can aoe. I'm very confused at what blizzard was striving for in terms of class balance this tier. It feels like it's ok for some to have everything and more but not for others, not to mention having BRF items beat out HFC equivalents for all different classes and class trinkets that barely seem worth it for some.

I really don't know where I was going with this.
    Its RIP warriors for this expansion. 3 classes that were below warriors on single target will pull ahead after buff (monks ferals spriest). Also on cleave fights all of these 3 classes will also pull ahead. Only fight where u can top meter is Kormrok and thats only if you dont have demo locks and/or other warriors. If warriors didnt have reallying cry and vigilance there would be no point in taking them in raids EVER. WoD is the worst expansion content wise, class balancing and item sets, no wonder they drop down by 5 mil subs since WoD release.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    I don't know why you would ever run Bloodbath/Avatar over Bladestorm on Xhul anyways. If you aren't going to touch imps, you might as well be Arms to cleave.
    True, I think the concept about having to run out still applies to Bladestorm on that fight though in terms of hurting your dps. And is by far the most annoying to me.

All the other fights have pretty manageable/predictable mechanics you can plan around a lot better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Artunias View Post
    True, I think the concept about having to run out still applies to Bladestorm on that fight though in terms of hurting your dps. And is by far the most annoying to me.

All the other fights have pretty manageable/predictable mechanics you can plan around a lot better.
    Try M Mannoroth and the Mark of Doom/Wrath of Guldan
    But yeah most times you can play around it, it's just not worth it to delay a Bloodbath for 30 seconds instead of just taking Avatar imo !

How good is Undead now with the buff today? I'm thinking of switching from Orc.

Quote Originally Posted by Stilllogicz View Post
    How good is Undead now with the buff today? I'm thinking of switching from Orc.
    Well I personly like the Orc the little dmg and the + made a macro to get the beanfit from it
    /cast Blood Fury
    /cast Berserking
    /cast Recklessness
    /cast Bloodbath