I have socketed stompers of brazen terror, wf cruel hope crushers, and socketed treads of the defiler. Which boots would be best for fury?

Quote Originally Posted by caydewey View Post
    I have socketed stompers of brazen terror, wf cruel hope crushers, and socketed treads of the defiler. Which boots would be best for fury?
    It depends on what your crit is at; if you are at/around the 30% crit level, Stompers could be better. If you're still trying to get to that soft breakpoint, then the Crushers could be better. To be fair, its going to be close either way.

Simming your character is the only way to truly know.

Quick question as I started playing my Warrior recently again and this guide is a bit confusing. Why is RB used only if we have 2 charges? Does WS does more damage or is there something I'm missing?

I thought the ideal rotation would be BT - RB - WS if above 90 rage or Bloodsurge proc - Execute if sudden Death proc - BT. But this guide seems to say otherwise, unless I'm not understanding correctly.

7+ Year Old Account
    To not waste RB procs. It isnt a rotation, it is a priotity list. If you look 2 priorites down from RB at 2 stacks it has RB. You use bloodsurge procs because it can cause you to rage cap and you use SD procs immediately to not waste procs. If you think about what each proc does the list makes perfect sense, remembering that capping rage is wasting damage.

For someone who's just starting (no tier/no big trinket), is Fury better than Arms? Recently got into Warrior and got both specs, it looks like I do better DPS with fury, but maybe it's because I'm already used to the rotation. Most guides say that Arms gets 80% better with Tier, while Fury's kinda lackluster.

7+ Year Old Account
    Arms is aids without tier and class trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by bladeXcrasher View Post
    Arms is aids without tier and class trinket.
    Yeah don't play arms without tier and class trinket lol. Or wait for Legion...but then you need the artifact for it not to be total ass.

If you don't really have gear... the beginning is rough for a lot of classes in Legion... My priest is only like 660 Ilvl and I almost died many times during the artifact acquisition quest line.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roidz View Post
    If you don't really have gear... the beginning is rough for a lot of classes in Legion... My priest is only like 660 Ilvl and I almost died many times during the artifact acquisition quest line.
    The pre-patch event awards Ilvl 700 gear, plus I think the beta had scaling issues early on.

With the self scaling quest scenario stuff it seems you're quite a bit better off with well itemised (sockets) low ilvl gear than you are in say ilvl745 HFC gear. For testing sake I made up an ilvl705 ish Fury Warrior with mostly Blackrock Foundry/Highmaul mythic gear (of which I still have mostly everything in the bank) focussing especially on pieces with sockets where I could, 1x Black Hand (700 + socket) and a S2 Gladiator sword (700) as weapons. With the lower ilvl gear the sockets are more valuable too since the stat bonus is static and our gems currently increase to +200 up from 75.

The mobs health and damage seems to scale down a lot and in that particular gear setup I was a wrecking machine clearing with much more ease than my standard HFC set. Legendary ring probably bumped up the Ilvl a lot but it's worth it. I probably won't bother with this during the actual expansion due to bag space but for the purposes of testing it definitely feels worse off in higher ilvl gear, It was definitely considerably easier down at 700 ish compared to 745.

I suppose a better comparison would be no sockets, I have a 2nd Warrior with the ilvl700 PVP set but I don't have a socketless ilvl740+ set... The things we do when we're bored, to even think I'm discussing the scaling of quest scenarios.

Edit : FWIW Artifact quests are ilvl scaling scenarios.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2016-07-05 at 05:44 PM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4