Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    One that is originally written that way because the writer want it that way.

This is making a change for the sake of making a change ... (and to make more money).
    Such as..?

Quote Originally Posted by AndaliteBandit View Post
    Such as..?
    I find it strange that you make a claim and place the burden of proof on others to prove your own argument. Why don't you find a movie without social pandering for us to prove your own argument?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeno View Post
    I find it strange that you make a claim and place the burden of proof on others to prove your own argument. Why don't you find a movie without social pandering for us to prove your own argument?
    I never claimed such movies exist, maybe they do or don't. Maybe the poster I was replying to knows of some noteworthy examples.

I never claimed such movies exist, maybe they do or don't. Maybe the poster I was replying to knows of some noteworthy examples.
    Exactly. An all male cast isn't necessarily pandering to a male audience, so why is it impossible for anyone out there to genuinely want to make a movie starring women?
    What movies starring women aren't pandering?
    Your questions allude to the idea that movies are able not only to pander to women. Thus your claim supports the notion that an all-female cast wouldn't be pandering. A direct expression is not the only way to make a claim. See: Rhetorical Questions for more information on some specific aspect of that idea.

So why don't you try to provide some example to help him out?

Your questions allude to the idea that movies are able not only to pander to women. Thus your claim supports the notion that an all-female cast wouldn't be pandering. A direct expression is not the only way to make a claim. See: Rhetorical Questions for more information on some specific aspect of that idea.

So why don't you try to provide some example to help him out?
    The poster I was replying to is the one setting the criteria, so maybe they can provide examples that meet their standards.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    omg please just not tina fey or amy poehler...
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Such as..?
    The Virgin Suicides
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

Deleted
    Exactly. An all male cast isn't necessarily pandering to a male audience, so why is it impossible for anyone out there to genuinely want to make a movie starring women?
    Because of the way movies are set up, you have stuff like Hangover which goes for comedy in a fairly "neutral" way despite having an all male cast while on the other side you usually have chick flicks which goes for the whole "woman's humor" which often includes depicting the guys in the story as inept, something of a laughing stock, buffons and so on. It's part of what is currently being acceptable and seeing as hip.
    One can be argued to be fairly "gender neutral", while the other one very obviously isn't because they never had any intention to make it so because they do not see the need to do so.

Has anybody else realized that they're getting bent out of shape on information from an OP with no sources+25 posts?
    You can easily google it, it actually went a bit further than the OP implied already. The all female cast is true, the director is also and he has hinted at whom he'd like to cast one of them being a personal friend of him who has been seen in exactly the type of movie people fear this will turn into pretty much every single last time.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    You can easily google it, it actually went a bit further than the OP implied already. The all female cast is true, the director is also and he has hinted at whom he'd like to cast one of them being a personal friend of him who has been seen in exactly the type of movie people fear this will turn into pretty much every single last time.
    Eh. I don't like to word hard to find an article that an MMO article tells me about. But I did check later posts. Seems you're right. :\

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    We have a jewish guy, two white guys, an african american, a woman and a ghost. The new cast will feature all females. Go figure.
    you're doing some pretty big word twisting. slimer and janine are NOT ghostbusters. the only side character you could call a ghostbuster in the films is louis since hes the only other person out of the main 4 to suit up.

spin off media DOES NOT COUNT.

also all female is in reference TO THE GHOSTBUSTERS. the entire film is not literally going to be all females, theres going to be male parts in the movie.

"oh she suited up in the cartoons so she counts!" no thats not how it works, the cartoons are an entirely seperate thing from the movies.

also jewish people are just white dudes. im jewish im not some super different white dude compared to other white dudes.

also no not everyone arguing for diversity is a sjw. id be mad too if they cancelled ghostbusters 3 for this, im mad at the people making fantastic four for making johnny storm adopted for no fucking reason.

this is just an alternate reality movie meant to help expand the franchise. this isnt replacing anything its going right alongside it. an alternate universe where theres a whole team of ghostbusters who are the opposite gender to the originals sounds like a fun thing, seeing them hopefully if bill murray signs off on ghostbusters 3 interacting with the originals would be awesome.

it would be like spider-men when peter parker goes to the ultimate universe and meets miles morales. thats an awesome storyline.

seeing two things which are similar in alot of ways but also very different and then seeing those things interact is awesome and its something tons of things do.

alternate dimensions and dimensions crossing over? that sounds like something that fits right into the ghostbusters universe.

the fact that bill murray has said no to ghostbusters 3 for DECADES but immediatelty signed the greenlight for this along with the rest makes me believe its gonna be good and if its not good it'll just be forgotten.

all of the originals have to sign off and agree to anything ghostbusters related sony wants to make. they all immediately did that. they all said yeah lets expand the franchise lets add in another ghostbusters team hell another universe lets do that that sounds fun.

if they want a mega marvel esque franchise they gotta have more than one set of ghostbusters, they gotta expand their roster of characters. open up different possibilities.

hell marvels doing a big multi universe crossover next year.

theres four different caps just in that one picture.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

My favorite thing about the original was the blighted new York scenery. That cant be reproduced these days.

Deleted
    I don't really get how people think it's impossible for someone out there to actually want to make a movie starring women, that they have to have their hands forced by feminists.
    Was the Angel spinoff only made to appeal to men who wanted to see a male protagonist in the Buffy universe?
    Actually that series was born just made to appeal the crying fangirls wanting David Boreanaz back.
    Much like they can go on making seasons after seasons of Supernatural long after it's been a good show, as long as Jensen Ackles shows its cute face there. :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Klingers View Post
    You've got to admit a lack of penises would make it much harder to cross the streams.
    Yeah, that scene would never work without penises.

Deleted
    And the secretary is male..

I sure won't go watch this feminist abomination...

Holy mother of Necros batman!

That said I guess making a new thread would ahave simply been irresponsible
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    Cant we all just agree old movies suck and the only reason people pretend to love em is nostalgia?
    Who the fuck watches 80s movies and goes: Waw, that was nicely made!"

Deleted
    I wouldn't really care about a all female cast if the cast were good, unfortunately they're not.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Cant we all just agree old movies suck and the only reason people pretend to love em is nostalgia?
    Who the fuck watches 80s movies and goes: Waw, that was nicely made!"
    Not for a fucking moment, the original Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters 2 are both awesome films. Original idea, no over the top budget, ideal performances. Great movies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Not for a fucking moment, the original Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters 2 are both awesome films. Original idea, no over the top budget, ideal performances. Great movies.
    Not only this but many of the 80s movies are amongst my favorites, some are even older, like Ben Hur and Spartacus and the original Planet of the Apes was really good too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Perhaps due to licensing reasons the new movie is based on the 1970s Ghost Busters and not the 1980s Ghostbusters.

Wait, that looks familiar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    Not only this but many of the 80s movies are amongst my favorites, some are even older, like Ben Hur and Spartacus and the original Planet of the Apes was really good too.
    Older movies often were better made in part because they couldn't just slap tits and blood everywhere for easy sales. Wouldn't have been allowed so they had to work.