Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ...
    A camera flashes as I drift into the abyss...
    Stormrage US | Aesryn

Deleted
    Apparently they are mass-deleting comments and the post "if they had put as much work in the movie as in deleting comments" which had 250+ upvotes, is now gone too...

at least they can't hide the down-votes for the trailer, which is in the lead

Deleted
    If it was an all male cast you'd all be complaining how much Channing Tatum was trying to be like Bill Murray, lol. Honestly though, if you can't handle a remake with an all-female cast then just don't watch the trailer. You still have the original movies, nobody took that from you :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    :P
    OK. It's still going to be a horrible, unfunny movie with second-grade actors, and a complete flop.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AndaliteBandit View Post
    Bill Murray is listed in the cast on IMDB. Could have interesting implications.
    I'm not at all surprised they got Murray to do some seriously unfunny cameo.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    I'm not at all surprised they got Murray to do some seriously unfunny cameo.
    Neither am I, he's been excited about and supportive of this project since day one. I've read some speculation that he might be the big bad, who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by AndaliteBandit View Post
    Neither am I, he's been excited about and supportive of this project since day one. I've read some speculation that he might be the big bad, who knows?
    I don't know about the big bad, it sounds like a bit part. Taking up the role of dickless from GB2

“I like those girls a lot,” Murray explained. “I mean, I really do. They are tough to say no to. And Paul is a real nice fellow.” He added, “They have such a jolly group, and they are going to have great success with this project. I didn’t want to overshadow [them] or anything, and I feel really good about it.”

If he does happen to overshadow Wiig & co., he won’t be doing it as Dr. Peter Venkman; instead, Vulture reports Murray will “appear as a character out to debunk the new Ghostbusters crew.” Despite the somewhat smaller role, the actor mulled over the decision to join the project for quite a long time.
    http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/n...cameo-20150901

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Honestly, that trailer didn't make me excited. That cringey exorcist joke sealed it.

I think the sole existence of this movie is just to target a certain audience and make money. Time will tell.

I don't get what all the fuss is about. The movie looks like what you'd expect from a ghostbusters movie.

I'm a little torn. I'm not a great GB fan to begin with, to say that to begin with.

I think the atmosphere of the trailer is good for the first part, with the piano. And then the ghost pukes all over her... what. And she tells us where it all went. Thank you. Thats... Michael Bay humour. No thanks.

Effects look okay, but I'm missing a sense of dread. Aren't the ghosts supposed to be scary? It misses... what's the word, grit? Darkness? Grim-darkness? Something like that.

I was pretty much bang on with what I expected of this. (Not much >.<)

The 1st thing I noticed was some text that refers to the 1st film. Just about everything you see about this film confirms/states it's a full on reboot, not a sequel. (IE: There was no 4 ghostbusters 30 years ago in the films continuity. The 4 girls are the 1st busters to exist in that universe). I suspect the marketing team shit themselves over the negativity surrounding this film, and put that text in there to confuse folks into thinking this IS a sequel (IMO, that cat is already out of the bag, they shouldn't have bothered)

Despite being a reboot, they start with 3 whities again (And apparently it's confirmed they're all scientists...not that it matters)
    The girl in the goggles is the Egon (there's a reference in the trailer to her building the equipment, stho there's also a scene of her licking some guns, so not completely channelling Egon. Close enough to be "the Egon", IMO)

The brown haired skinny girl is obviously the Venkman (Seems to be the 1st to get slimed (and my GOD how bad was that vomit slime scene?) seems to be sarcastic, ala the slime in my cracks quip)
    McCarthy is the Ray (According to Black Nerd Comedy, who went to some kind of pre trailer event, she doesn’t do the comedy fat woman shtick in this film(THANK GOD!). However she does get possessed and slapped in the trailer, and Ray was the only Ghostbuster to get possessed in GB2)

...and we have the horribly cliche, jive talking street smart "Sassy black lady" blaxploitation character in the role of the Winston (According to the trailer it even seems she's not initially a member and joins up later...tho not quite as late into the film as Winston, as she supplies the car). It's also kinda funny/kinda horrible that the token black character... sells tram/train tokens! >.<; (C'mon this is Hollywood, you know there won't be any other major black characters, everyone else will be white).
    I don't mind that the actress is unattractive (To me personally), but why does she have to talk like a Ricki Lake audience member (YOU GO GIRL!), and why is the black character the "normal" one?(again! isn't this a reboot?) Why not make one of the whities the street smart outsider that joins(goggles girl maybe), and have the black character be one of the inital scientists?
    The trailer just makes this film seems like the trash it was destined to be, and the sad thing is, according to Black Nerd Comedy's video, the studio apparently has a dedicated Ghostbusters division and intends to put out more films....*sigh*

BTW: According to some comments on the youtube version of the trailer, it's suspect the studio was deleting negative comments. Based on the amount of downvotes it had when I checked earlier today, I think they'd probably give up by now, there would be too many.
    Last edited by Icaras; 2016-03-04 at 10:41 AM.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom