LvL 75 Talent Tier and Single Rotation

After these changes to mages I'm unsure if these talents must be used within single target rotation.

So, are these talents a dps increase for single target? Maybe only one of them?

The Patient Mountain Called Monkey's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    According to the latest sims on Altered Time: Arcane benefits the most from Super Nova, Frost from Frost Bomb, and Fire from Unstable Magic. However the numbers have a vary marginal difference between Unstable Magic and Blast Nova for Fire as well as Unstable Magic, Nether Tempest, and Super Nova for Arcane.

Though I will say I'm still new to Sims so I may have misread some of it
    There were no screams, there was no time
    The mountain called Monkey had spoken
    It was only fire and then, nothing

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiria View Post
    After these changes to mages I'm unsure if these talents must be used within single target rotation.

So, are these talents a dps increase for single target? Maybe only one of them?
    All are meant to be used single target, yes.

Thanks for the info.

I wonder if Ice Nova would be as nearly as good as Frost Bomb. Feels a lot better since it's an instant spell, and charge mechanic allows better management.

Deleted
    The only weird thing, is that Living Bomb is a dps loss at single target. Even if you pick the talent, you shouldn't use it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Berlinia View Post
    The only weird thing, is that Living Bomb is a dps loss at single target. Even if you pick the talent, you shouldn't use it.
    It can also be spread with Inferno Blast now, making it solid sustained cleave and AoE.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

I just wonder if, [Frost] I should just use UM on bosses like Iron Jugg/shamans/thok/ because less management, same results? And Frost Bomb on bosses like Spoils, Immer, Galakras cause obvious DPS gains.
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

Deleted
    I know, but it's still weird to have a talent that is a dps loss to be used at single target.

Quote Originally Posted by Berlinia View Post
    I know, but it's still weird to have a talent that is a dps loss to be used at single target.
    A 75 talent thats not worth its global says it all

Quote Originally Posted by LocNess View Post
    It can also be spread with Inferno Blast now, making it solid sustained cleave and AoE.
    But if it's a DPS loss to even use it once on ST, it's very silly. That needs a serious buff to the DoT portion ASAP.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Trylldom View Post
    A 75 talent thats not worth its global says it all
    If only there was a way to use a different talent for single target situations.... hmm.....................................
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Deleted
    Aracane Orb, 2x AB, 2x Supernova. That's how you start a fight as an arcane mage...Supernova is stronger than AB with 4 stacks...
    Unstable Magic is just pure rng...
    Nether Tempest....hmm...doesn't "feel" that strong compared to Supernova.

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    If only there was a way to use a different talent for single target situations.... hmm.....................................
    Except man that's a stupid philosophy to even have a talent that makes you LOSE DPS, almost as if this game has never been designed around expecting people to check offline sources, yet LB will be a trap for anyone who doesn't. Hmmmmmmmmmmm........ *rolls eyes*

In all seriousness, I'm expecting a buff to the DoT portion to at least make it a DPS gain to have. Would be really dumb to keep it as is if it's a loss of DPS.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Polar every reply you has ever given me has given me aids and im now dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Except man that's a stupid philosophy to even have a talent that makes you LOSE DPS, almost as if this game has never been designed around expecting people to check offline sources, yet LB will be a trap for anyone who doesn't. .
    It's strange to think that people don't understand this. No damage based talent should be a flat dps loss when used, for that would defeat the purpose of the talent tree. All talents should be usable in all scenarios, with one from each row specializing in a certain scenario. Certain talents will clearly be better in certain scenarios but the system shouldn't out right punish a player who enjoys using one talent more than the other two on the row.

Quote Originally Posted by Vizzini View Post
    It's strange to think that people don't understand this. No damage based talent should be a flat dps loss when used, for that would defeat the purpose of the talent tree. All talents should be usable in all scenarios, with one from each row specializing in a certain scenario. Certain talents will clearly be better in certain scenarios but the system shouldn't out right punish a player who enjoys using one talent more than the other two on the row.
    Unless Blizzard adds a tooltip to the talent saying: "Warning! Do not use unless you are facing more then X enemies"

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless Blizzard adds a tooltip to the talent saying: "Warning! Do not use unless you are facing more then X enemies"
    And that would be the laziest "fix" ever

Quote Originally Posted by Netheris2k View Post
    Aracane Orb, 2x AB, 2x Supernova. That's how you start a fight as an arcane mage...Supernova is stronger than AB with 4 stacks...
    Unstable Magic is just pure rng...
    Nether Tempest....hmm...doesn't "feel" that strong compared to Supernova.
    Kind of, but no. You want to save your SN charges to dump into PC while avoiding capping on charges as much as possible, this can be done by using a double dump into PC, using 1 charge before you cap, and repeating the process. I'm at work so I couldn't ms paint a picture but I made a quick hand sketch of how tp use SN.

http://imgur.com/hBF06Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Vizzini View Post
    Exactly my point, and apparently for thinking in such a way is "aids" to some people, as durrty pointed out above. If a DPS talent is making you LOSE DPS more than if you didn't even pick up the talent is pretty silly.

No, you simply don't pull such a stupid move in the first place. Make it balanced.

Deleted
    dat voltaa paints tho!