Page 2 of 416 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Well, mastery and haste interlock too. Your actual DR from shuffle is limited by how fast you can hit PB, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockets View Post
    Well, mastery and haste interlock too. Your actual DR from shuffle is limited by how fast you can hit PB, after all.
    With Serenity and absolutely perfect play (not realistic, but also probably not deviating too much) PB is essentially limitless, which while haste does interact, it's hitting a cap anyways.

Deleted
    My monk on live atm is around 562 Ilvl, should I aim for more Mastery or should I go for as much Haste/Crit as possible?

A note for Bonus Armor, the tooltip only shows what's going on vs an equal level mob. It turns out vs a level 103 mob 73 bonus armor is a 1.01% damage reduction if you have 1935 armor already. I've created a spreadsheet for this which is useful for determining the actual value of bonus armor:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...76Jwy9siOWq30/

Quote Originally Posted by Triplemoe View Post
    My monk on live atm is around 562 Ilvl, should I aim for more Mastery or should I go for as much Haste/Crit as possible?
    Are you doing Mythic content? I think they adjusted mythic to be around 560ish ilvl, so as long as you have enough to survive you're fine.

So should the WoD changes thread be locked now that 6.0 is going live tomorrow? Might make sense to have all the stuff in one place.

Anyway... http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...29?page=32#636
    As you may have noticed, we don't patch note damage/healing tuning number changes. Normally, datamining catches most of these changes, so theorycrafters know when to retest things. They only are able to do this when we make new builds. However, we've hotfixed some more tuning changes in, since the last beta build. The client should reflect these changes in tooltips, however datamining likely will not. As such, I'm providing that info here. Once we go live tomorrow, we'll use the normal hotfix blog for this sort of thing.

Chi Explosion (Brewmaster) damage reduced by 30%.
    The way he words it is a little ambiguous, but it sounds like Chi Explosion was reduced another 30%. Seems crazy like it would make 2 Chi CE do almost the same damage as Blackout Kick. Or am I off and it's just the first official mention of the recent CE nerf?

Quote Originally Posted by Ampere View Post
    So should the WoD changes thread be locked now that 6.0 is going live tomorrow? Might make sense to have all the stuff in one place.
    Yeah, I think we can safely move WoD discussion into here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampere View Post

Anyway... http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...29?page=32#636

The way he words it is a little ambiguous, but it sounds like Chi Explosion was reduced another 30%. Seems crazy like it would make 2 Chi CE do almost the same damage as Blackout Kick. Or am I off and it's just the first official mention of the recent CE nerf?
    Are we sure this isn't the nerf that we caught last week? Can anyone confirm that it's nerfed yet another 30% on top of the nerf from last week?

The last build on WoWHead lists ChiEx at 89.1%, the above would put it at almost exactly a 30% nerf.

edit: nevermind, I was looking at a cached page. 19000 is the build that updated it to 62.5% of AP. There wasn't any additional nerf past that.
    Last edited by Shamanberry; 2014-10-14 at 05:56 AM.

I've been doing testing on the leveling realm (quests, garrison, stuff like that) for the past week and CE's damage hasn't changed since the build where it was nerfed 30%. It wasn't nerfed again.

Also the Wowhead data is wrong, http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...ta-Build-19000 it's 62.5% AP which was the nerf. So apparently MMOC's database caught it but Wowhead's didn't.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Promdates View Post
    Are you doing Mythic content? I think they adjusted mythic to be around 560ish ilvl, so as long as you have enough to survive you're fine.
    No, I've so far only done bosses on Heroic (Old Normal), so I guess going for more haste and crit is more optimal due the lower damage intake?

Hello,

i have huge issues with brewmaster tank in wod beta. Compared to a warrior the class feels in some dungeons like a complete joke. (i play booth)
    What are your experiences with brewmaster tank in dungeon environment?

Maybe i did something wrong, but i can play monk tank really good on live. Pls run Upper Blackrock Spire (5man Dungeon, with lvl 100) with your monk and then with a warrior. the difference is HUGE. with the warrior you dont need even your active mitigation - large pulls with 3-4 packs in the first rooms are no problem! With Monk: Wipe ^^ !

I tested mastery gear and crit gear. Maybe the dungeon is not tuned yet for monk tanks?

Please feel free to say something positive about monk tanks, i like the class - but i'm really shocked.

Dungeon Skyreach: Was good for Brewmaster.

// english is not my first language, sorry =)
    Last edited by Jks; 2014-10-14 at 11:15 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Inevitable View Post
    Shield of the Righteous blocks physical damage for: 30% base from spell + 6% base mastery + ~5% mastery buff + (lets just say another) 5% mastery from gear = 49% dmg mitigated
    Shield of the Righteous: 20% Base + 6 base mastery + 4% mastery buff + 7% from Gear = 37% dmg mitigated.
    Beta character Ilvl 666 focused on Mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Jks View Post
    Pls run Upper Blackrock Spire (5man Dungeon, with lvl 100) with your monk and then with a warrior. the difference is HUGE. with the warrior you dont need even your active mitigation - large pulls with 3-4 packs in the first rooms are no problem! With Monk: Wipe ^^ !
    I did all of the heroic dungeons at level 100, everything was fine. And are you really saying that you did it on a warrior and never used Shield Barrier/Shield Block? I find that dramatically hard to believe. Monks are fine in dungeon situations, and infact got better recently with the change to resolve.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post

A less complicated comparison is just more than 3 times better than any other stat you could possibly have, or basically worth more than all the other stats combined on a piece of gear. This is actually a lot more than I previously thought, it makes bonus armor trinkets basically mandatory.
    I mentioned in another thread that Juggernaut's Focusing Crystal has BA on it.... another trinket that has BA is the brawler's trinket from brewfest. BA passive and on use, but it's a pretty low ilevel. I held on to one just in case, might be worth equipping this afternoon?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post

Finally, here's one that I personally started to use to mark the Statue so that you can see where the damn thing is in the middle of the mass of bodies that are now attracted to it:

#showtooltip Summon Black Ox Statue
    /target Black Ox Statue
    /script SetRaidTargetIcon("target", 1)
    /targetlasttarget
    /cast Summon Black Ox Statue
    Something I like to do with my ground target reticle spell macros is put an exclamation mark in front of the spell name ( /case !spellname ) that way you can spam the button without the reticle disappearing every other click

At Promdates: It was not a heroic dungeon, just a normal dungeon. Monk had problems. Warrior not. Same Healer. That why i thought, that this dungeon is probably not tuned for brewmaster yet. You can clear the dungeon but monk is really spiky.

Quote Originally Posted by Jks View Post
    At Promdates: It was not a heroic dungeon, just a normal dungeon. Monk had problems. Warrior not. Same Healer. That why i thought, that this dungeon is probably not tuned for brewmaster yet. You can clear the dungeon but monk is really spiky.
    Then perhaps it was a combination of both the tank and the healer, no offense. Did plenty of pugs with LFD'd healers for heroics and have only a few issues with healers who weren't familiar with how to heal under the new style. In fact, I had a few comments about how easier it was to heal me on a monk compared to most other LFD tanks that my friend had gotten. It boils down to knowing when/how to use your stuff now, you can't just go in and not use things properly anymore. Monk is going to be a high skill class I feel, at least compared to the other tanks.

Expect people to probably groan because you're a brewmaster due to the sheer number of tanks that will be subpar and turn healers off to our tanking style/metrics.

I dont speak for heroics, they are working fine.

If you're having troubles tanking in non-heroic max level dungeons, you're going to have issues at a higher level difficulty.