Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    In before they don't actually nerf BrM, but instead the next tier is almost exclusively magic damage. That would be such a troll way to play it.
    LOL, that would actually make sense as BRF is almost exclusively the opposite.

In before they don't actually nerf BrM, but instead the next tier is almost exclusively magic damage. That would be such a troll way to play it.
    I dunno, clearly they're going to nerf BrM and make the next tier exclusively magic damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockets View Post
    I dunno, clearly they're going to nerf BrM and make the next tier exclusively magic damage.
    DKs rejoice.

Gladly I have a DK.

Thank god for Soul Dance then! :P

Deleted
    I think by next tier, the amount of mastery on gear might be sufficient for Lei Shi fights to suddenly be monk territory. Other classes don't have gear-scaling magic mitigation, only damage-scaling magic mitigation.

The other possibility would just be a raid full of Patchwerks that requires Guardian of Elune-Bears

and that is the sound of every prot warrior crying out, then silenced...

Quote Originally Posted by Hellkung View Post
    This monk life is so hard.

Solo tanking Kromog with 5 stacks.

Taking less damage than other tanks whilst playing 100% offensively.

When are these nerfs coming?
    We had a few wipes killing Mythic H+F due to my Druid co tank mistiming bristling fur and getting one shot from 100% health by the Suplex at the 85% transition. I never went below 100% health because every time the Guard I used on the pull still had enough left over on it to soak the whole hit.

Deleted
    Thank you Total & Gothmog for your replies!

You're missing a ring enchant.
    Yup, I just got it that night hence the missing enchant. I've gotten a lot more gear since and managed to lower my Haste to sub-500 and up my Mastery to >1200. 700 BA as well. Things'll be better now!

You went a very long time (right around 3 minutes) between your first and second Serenity. It didn't cause you Shuffle issues, but it will on a fight with more movement/downtime.
    I definitely have something to do about this. I'll probably add a fullscreen, cyan glow when Serenity's up to never delay it again.

Healthstones make me sad, Healing Tonics are strictly better (not that it really mattered here).
    Had it from the previous boss when we add a very nice gentleman, a 2-percentile warlock that awed us by his ability to die and do less than a fourth of a tank's DPS. Fun times

You should just use Chi Brew with Serenity. It's a somewhat controversial subject you clearly had enough Shuffle and almost zero problems Purifying even with not being great with Serenity usage and were disappointed with low amounts of EB, so there's a tradeoff you can make to give up a little bit of excess chi for some EB.
    Thanks! I'll look into that. I'm not too comfortable with having yet anothing cooldown to track and yet another keybind to manage, but I have to try it anyway.

You also could have used Expel Harm more just for the free healing and extra damage (no reason to hold it for emergencies since it resets if you fall below 35%), but like Zen Sphere that's kind of a minor quibble.
    Like Gothmog said, even though it wasn't problematic, I could have been even less of a hurdle on my healers so I'll look into using it way more. I guess swapping keybind between EH and Jab would help. Thanks!

For the debuff issue, "taunt at x stacks" has been ground into a lot of people's heads that don't play tank enough to know how oversimplified that is, sometimes the timings just don't work out that way. Generally you're looking to switch whenever one tank's debuff falls off, however many stacks that is. Sometimes it's a static number (2 on Blast Furnace P3 and on Operator) but other times like Kromog it just depends on how the timers line up. On Heroic, sometimes the swap will be at 2, sometimes you'll get RNG'd and will go up to 3, but 4 will only happen if he does a Warped Armor on someone that already had some debuffs and refreshed them. It doesn't look like that happened though so all I can say is that maybe you misread your stack count because there are no weird gaps of Warped Armor just not being applied to anyone to suggest a WCL bug.
    As you said, I think it was my mind playing tricks on me. The pull before we both went up to 4 stacks and were in a bit of a panic seeing how hard we were hit by the boss, and it must have carried over to the kill pull. But yeah now that you explained it to me I see how it works. I hope that someday Blizzard will find something more engaging than a stacking debuff. Coming from a DD, tanking just feels like I get to plant my feet on the ground and then watch the other tank's stacks while managing to survive

You seem to know what you're doing though and don't require a whole lot of help except maybe a little practice with the rotation and Serenity.
    Thanks for the kind words! It's all thanks to all you guys and gals' help, guides and discussions here. At first I followed Icy Veins' guide and enchanted & gemmed Haste 'until comfortable', and quickly changed things up to Mastery when I read the sound criticism of Haste you all made here.

Hey, I have a question about what weapons I should use while tanking on my monk. I understand 2H is superior but what happens if you got a WF+Socket 1H? These are my options, which one would be better for me while tanking?

2H: Head-Lopper Skullscythe (685 with crit/mastery)
    1H: Hans'gar Forgehammer (1x 691 with socket and 1x 685, both being haste/multi)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khorrax View Post
    Hey, I have a question about what weapons I should use while tanking on my monk. I understand 2H is superior but what happens if you got a WF+Socket 1H? These are my options, which one would be better for me while tanking?

2H: Head-Lopper Skullscythe (685 with crit/mastery)
    1H: Hans'gar Forgehammer (1x 691 with socket and 1x 685, both being haste/multi)
    Go for the 2h. Haste is shit. In your case Haste is warforged shit.

If the 1h were perfectly itemized you could replace the 2h for very small dps gain, but your tanking stats and Elusive Brew generation would be slightly worse. But every 1h in BRF has haste on it. So forget your thoughts the whole tier.
    Last edited by mmoc6785fb2956; 2015-04-01 at 11:35 AM.

Yeah thats what I was leaning towards. Just wanted to be sure before putting a thunderlord on it. Thanks.

Yep, that is why I equip my Warri, Pala, Druid, too :> Never been so easy thanks to garrison missions. Just get the 21 hc kills on them and enjoy the free mythic item every 2 weeks on them. And if you decide on your class 1 month before the raid comes out, you can farm the rest of the items on that char.
    Maybe I should finally level my DK *sigh*

Why so much talk about Blackhand hc P1 Smash? I just Guard it and purify before the hit and sometimes when I am back I taunt the boss for a while to make use of the 400-500k Guard left o.o at least for the first one
    I sometimes just take the 2nd one too, because Monks take so much less dmg than other tanks w/o having to use cds

Do you let him face into the middle of the room? (only works if you kite him at the outer ring obv)
    I normally only get ~2 stacks of that fire debuff. I don't know why most other tanks I see tank him to the outside

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Inuyaki View Post
    Yep, that is why I equip my Warri, Pala, Druid, too :> Never been so easy thanks to garrison missions. Just get the 21 hc kills on them and enjoy the free mythic item every 2 weeks on them. And if you decide on your class 1 month before the raid comes out, you can farm the rest of the items on that char.
    Maybe I should finally level my DK *sigh*

Why so much talk about Blackhand hc P1 Smash? I just Guard it and purify before the hit and sometimes when I am back I taunt the boss for a while to make use of the 400-500k Guard left o.o at least for the first one
    I sometimes just take the 2nd one too, because Monks take so much less dmg than other tanks w/o having to use cds

Do you let him face into the middle of the room? (only works if you kite him at the outer ring obv)
    I normally only get ~2 stacks of that fire debuff. I don't know why most other tanks I see tank him to the outside
    just put transcendence down , and when you get smashed nimble + transfer , gg

In case people miss Madgod's 4/1 joke, here's the best part IMO:

Quote Originally Posted by Palealepanda View Post
    In case people miss Madgod's 4/1 joke, here's the best part IMO:
    My only regret is that it's a half-baked idea that I implemented at 2 AM.

Though my personal favorite is the description of orcs in the Horde races section.

10+ Year Old Account
    Brewmaster and Dakka? This pleases me greatly as brewmaster in WoW, and terran player in planetside2.

edit: not enough Dakka
    Last edited by keqe; 2015-04-01 at 05:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    For everything else, there's Brewmastercard

I swear this game is trolling me.

I'm tanking these Siege engines on BH p2 all day long. Then SUDDENLY, for no good fucking reason, it randomly decides to stop hammering my face in and DRIVE into me, popping a mine closeby JUST when I'm on 20%, killing me.

It's one thing when something is behaving oddly but consistently. You figure out sooner or later what's going on, play around it. It's another when you've done the same thing for a hundred pulls and then on 101st it decides to do something new out of the blue.

I'm just QQ venting -.-

I'll add some substance to the post by saying that even full Mastery & Serenity build gets trucked by: 2 Sieges one Blackhand (pun intended) under Slagged debuff. You CAN experience it if you want to.
    YMMV on your p2 tactic.

Misume, how's your BH enjoyment going?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothmog View Post
    I swear this game is trolling me.

I'm tanking these Siege engines on BH p2 all day long. Then SUDDENLY, for no good fucking reason, it randomly decides to stop hammering my face in and DRIVE into me, popping a mine closeby JUST when I'm on 20%, killing me.

It's one thing when something is behaving oddly but consistently. You figure out sooner or later what's going on, play around it. It's another when you've done the same thing for a hundred pulls and then on 101st it decides to do something new out of the blue.

I'm just QQ venting -.-

I'll add some substance to the post by saying that even full Mastery & Serenity build gets trucked by: 2 Sieges one Blackhand (pun intended) under Slagged debuff. You CAN experience it if you want to.
    YMMV on your p2 tactic.

Misume, how's your BH enjoyment going?
    20%

/10chars

Deleted
    Im curious about how all that tanking the siege stuff works, i'm still in blast furnace can anyone explain me how you do it. Or is it just get him to fixate on you, run to the wall, get hammered, what do you do with the bombs? and how do you deal with shattering smashes on the other tank?