Ping pong is having two markers ~40+ yards on either side of the Throne, and then you just have all the melee move to the other marker when tank is rooted. That's how I did it for my aotc but on my monk I feel like the strategy you've said will be much easier. Would you recommend 3 tanking the fight? It's certainly an option for our guild right now. I'm assuming I can just take the boss for each Mark of Chaos and have the other tanks handle Imp otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    Can we not post giant images just for the lulz? Jokes are great and all but it's probably annoying anyone trying to keep up on discussion here.
    Agreed.

At the VERY least mothafuckin' thumbnail that shit, yo.

Deleted
    yeah Brook GOD

I found putting Transcendence by the throne with the boss in the middle for p3 to be a joke, you basically ignore the entire mechanic by cheesing Transcendence. Remember the explosion is only a 35 yard range and Transcendence is 40, so you can actually Trans 36-40 yards and literally no one has to move for it except to dodge the orbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Esmonk View Post
    What exactly do you pro brewmasters do with Mark of Chaos when it's fortified (root)? Do you do the ping pong strategy still, and then transcendence a little further away? Do you tank him in the middle and transcendence towards his throne and have the group move back a little?
    I have my transcendence at the far edge of the room (next to balcony). Boss is tanked about 45 yards away, faced towards the throne. (e: to be clear, it doesn't matter much where you point him, as long as he isn't facing the balcony when the add comes out)

After the add comes out, I turn him so he's facing the balcony and I'm in range to use transcendence, then when he uses Mark, it's no problem - I'm out and nobody is in any danger ofb eing hit.
    Last edited by handofdesu; 2015-01-31 at 06:02 AM.

The only problem I have found is the knockbacks when the add dies or force nova knocks a melee towards me and gets hit by mark of chaos. That is obviously their fault but just make sure they are aware beforehand.

Quote Originally Posted by Goil View Post
    The only problem I have found is the knockbacks when the add dies or force nova knocks a melee towards me and gets hit by mark of chaos. That is obviously their fault but just make sure they are aware beforehand.
    We solved this by having melee with teleports (Shadowstep, Transcendence, Feral Charge) by the ones with a "spot" on the side there the Mark is. It was never really a problem after that.

You can roll during the mark cast to get pretty far, so even dumb melees aren't an issue. Just make sure to leave space for branded soakers, and by god don't forget to replace the portal because it's a hassle to run back.
    Brewmaster Icy-Veins Guide Writer

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quotey View Post
    You can roll during the mark cast to get pretty far, so even dumb melees aren't an issue. Just make sure to leave space for branded soakers, and by god don't forget to replace the portal because it's a hassle to run back.
    I mean

You say that

I had a Windwalker literally haul ass away from the boss towards me and wonder why he died

I'm really wondering about the BiS BRF list posted a few pages ago. Shouldn't Mastery be by far the best tank stat in BRF? We'll have so much of it in BRF to begin with that it should beat all the other stats by miles due to the exponential returns, yet a bunch of items on that list eschew the item that has Mastery in favor of another item. Examples of this:

- Acidic Jaws over Sorka's Nightshade Cowl
    - Vest of Forceful Fury over Unrendable Wolfhide Robes (This one is totally baffling, why is Crit/Multistrike better than Mastery/Multistrike. At least with the helm you could claim that Vers > Multistrike.)
    - Bracers of Shattered Limbs over Bracers of Shattered Stalactites
    - The Tier pants being BiS are also suspect since there are Mastery pants, but I guess the 2-pc set bonus might be worth enough to cover the gap there.

Quote Originally Posted by Xequecal View Post
    I'm really wondering about the BiS BRF list posted a few pages ago. Shouldn't Mastery be by far the best tank stat in BRF? We'll have so much of it in BRF to begin with that it should beat all the other stats by miles due to the exponential returns, yet a bunch of items on that list eschew the item that has Mastery in favor of another item. Examples of this:

- Acidic Jaws over Sorka's Nightshade Cowl
    - Vest of Forceful Fury over Unrendable Wolfhide Robes (This one is totally baffling, why is Crit/Multistrike better than Mastery/Multistrike. At least with the helm you could claim that Vers > Multistrike.)
    - Bracers of Shattered Limbs over Bracers of Shattered Stalactites
    - The Tier pants being BiS are also suspect since there are Mastery pants, but I guess the 2-pc set bonus might be worth enough to cover the gap there.
    If you're gearing for 100% pure survival, then yes - stacking as much mastery as possible is the way to go.

Experience in highmaul suggests that gearing for survival is mostly unnecessary.

But some of those mastery pieces have sweet sweet multistrike.

Deleted
    Get outta here you Multistrike heathens

Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    Get outta here you Multistrike heathens
    i want every piece of crit/mastery i can get. its like going to church twice a week and still kicking bosses in the nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by handofdesu View Post
    If you're gearing for 100% pure survival, then yes - stacking as much mastery as possible is the way to go.

Experience in highmaul suggests that gearing for survival is mostly unnecessary.
    Unfortunately, from looking at some videos and the dungeon journal, there's a few mechanics that require you to absolutely max out EH. So, focusing on DPS only works if you get enough gear that you can do two gear sets.

For example, Hans and Frans's Suplex mechanic deals to each tank Physical damage equal to the maximum health of the other tank. The tank swap debuff increases Physical damage by 40% per stack, and the boss gets a stacking buff of 10% more damage done per stack as the fight progresses. If you're co-tanking with a Druid that has a bunch of Ursoc stacks and is at like 550k HP, near the end of the fight even if you can keep yourself to a single debuff stack you're still going to get Suplexed for about 1.2m, have fun not dying to that without Mastery stacking. If you have two stacks of the debuff (not sure if you can limit yourself to just ever having one) it's 1.5m damage.

Unfortunately, from looking at some videos and the dungeon journal, there's a few mechanics that require you to absolutely max out EH. So, focusing on DPS only works if you get enough gear that you can do two gear sets.

For example, Hans and Frans's Suplex mechanic deals to each tank Physical damage equal to the maximum health of the other tank. The tank swap debuff increases Physical damage by 40% per stack, and the boss gets a stacking buff of 10% more damage done per stack as the fight progresses. If you're co-tanking with a Druid that has a bunch of Ursoc stacks and is at like 550k HP, near the end of the fight even if you can keep yourself to a single debuff stack you're still going to get Suplexed for about 1.2m, have fun not dying to that without Mastery stacking. If you have two stacks of the debuff (not sure if you can limit yourself to just ever having one) it's 1.5m damage.
    That's like saying you're supposed to survive Brackenspore's breath by stacking Mastery, rather than by using Guard.

Deleted
    We're still stuck at heroic, but with Mark of chaos, the boss is always tanked in the middle and we have ranged rotating around the middle clockwise in all phases. I take all marks, which means that I have to move my transcendence round the room as well in the root phase. I put it against the far wall (because stupid melee), when mark is coming in (love the dbm countdown) I move far enough to get in range for the transfer, mark is cast, other tank taunts off me, I transfer, explode, move clockwise around the room a bit, dump the transcendence, and move back in to taunt the boss.

Deleted

Physical being the key part here.

Think of how much Physical damage mitigation we have. Pop a guard/Dampen Harm and gg.

for about 1.2m, have fun not dying to that without Mastery stacking.
    Unless it's some kind of physical damage that ignores your armor (as Malkorok's and Nazgrim's abilities did), that's less than 400k even with 40% damage reduction from armor and base Stagger.

Quote Originally Posted by Dryvnt View Post
    I did a Mythic mission and got the BA/Haste neck. I already have the BA/Crit neck. Thanks for the Temporal Crystal, Blizzard.
    Flenser's Hookring crew stands in solidarity with you.