Deleted
    Is BoF somehow bugged ? Sometimes the mobs will be disoriented for the full 3 seconds duration but in the most cases it will only last like 0.5 sec and after that the mob will do his usual business. Even while spamming BoF with serenity some mobs can hit me cause the effect holds 0.5 seconds -> hits me -> back to cc for 0.5 sec etc. Or maybe this is normal because of dr ?

Quote Originally Posted by prinnybomb View Post
    Is BoF somehow bugged ? Sometimes the mobs will be disoriented for the full 3 seconds duration but in the most cases it will only last like 0.5 sec and after that the mob will do his usual business. Even while spamming BoF with serenity some mobs can hit me cause the effect holds 0.5 seconds -> hits me -> back to cc for 0.5 sec etc. Or maybe this is normal because of dr ?
    Damage breaks disorients. It is used as an interupt

Deleted
    So i should only spam it to interrupt casters in a big group and against meeles its useless if i or somebody else is doing some kind of dmg ?

Quote Originally Posted by prinnybomb View Post
    So i should only spam it to interrupt casters in a big group and against meeles its useless if i or somebody else is doing some kind of dmg ?
    Pulling a large group of mages before the mage boss in Everbloom is an example of where it's useful. Against a melee pack you're just lining up all of their swing timers without actually reducing your damage in take like you could with a stun.

Deleted
    ok thanks for the tips

Other BoF disorient cheese examples include:

Everbloom

Trash by Witherbark, it forces the Tenders (not sure if that's the right name) to restart their Leaf Barrage which is also useful for shuffling their targets if they all decide to pile onto one person.

The Aberrations can have their knockback interrupted by BoF almost indefinitely, and that's their top priority so they sit there doing nothing except trying to cast the knockback.

Mage trash as already mentioned.

UBRS

Both instances of mobs that run to things (Leadbelchers activating cannons and the ogres that try to open cages) will stop and rethink their life for a few moments after being disoriented before they try to use the thing again.

Summoners have an extremely long cast time that summons an entirely new Veteran, BoF is a good last ditch interrupt especially on the 3rd back in the 3rd boss event that has two Summoners.

Auchindoun

The imps with the insanely long Felblast cast are probably the silliest use of BoF disorient as it wastes up to 6 seconds of their time.

Bloodmaul Slag Mines

Not very useful here except perhaps the ogre mages.

Iron Docks

Again, not much to interrupt in the entire dungeon.

Grimrail Depot

Technicians that try to activate the Iron Stars can be stopped much like the mobs in UBRS.

Gunners on the 2nd boss and his trash that do the extremely painful flamethrower can be interrupted at the very start of its channel with BoF and it uses its cooldown so it won't do it again for a while.

Shadowmoon Burial Grounds

Most of the annoying casts are either from mobs immune to disorient or channels. It's marginally useful against the large spiders.

Skyreach

Everything from the empowering birds to the Initiates that heal can be temporarily held off with BoF (or for 10 seconds via Serenity BoF spam). Unfortunately the shield constructs on the final boss cannot be disoriented.

Deleted
    I was wondering why in the guide agi/stam flasks are advised and not mantid elixir + monk elixir?

Most likely because its not actually intended to be superior and is an oversight by blizzard so its assuming that these won't be the best things to have. That said...while its still there it is probably best to take advantage of it but once blizzard realizes whats going on we'll probably see them nerfed since its previous expac consumables.
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth
    Play Monster Hunter? Here's my FC: 1779-0791-2717

Thanks Shyama for the awesome Signature

Finished up CM golds, such a shame that brewmasters don't hit with weapons. Is jab bugged? just using the glyhped/fist version for me ATM.

Will make some gold video guides maybe as we do the dailies.
    Brewmaster Icy-Veins Guide Writer

Deleted
    Quick question.. if I am not mistaken since agility doesn't give crit anymore only a small amount of dodge and has the same conversion to attack power as bonus armor 1/1,
    as a brm why would u ever want to use agi potion seeing as bonus armor pot gives 1.5k bonus armor and agi pot gives 1k agi? It seems to me that bonus armor pot is superior offensively and defensively, or am I missing something fundamental?
    Tnx in advance

Quote Originally Posted by Wickedsoul View Post
    Quick question.. if I am not mistaken since agility doesn't give crit anymore only a small amount of dodge and has the same conversion to attack power as bonus armor 1/1,
    as a brm why would u ever want to use agi potion seeing as bonus armor pot gives 1.5k bonus armor and agi pot gives 1k agi? It seems to me that bonus armor pot is superior offensively and defensively, or am I missing something fundamental?
    Tnx in advance
    They're extremely close. After all, we're talking about a small difference in total stats for 25 seconds in a 6+ minute long fight. That said, I just simmed it and the bonus armor potion came out ever so slightly ahead, like a 0.1% difference in DPS, DTPS, and HPS. The sim only uses it at the beginning when almost all cooldowns are up anyways though, so it doesn't affect much. Personally I don't think such a small difference matters, but I use armor pots anyways because they take True Iron Ore to make which is in abundance.

So I haven't seen it really discussed. On tuesday, saying I get masterlooted double kargath bladefists, 1x blackrock enchant 1x mastery chant or 2x blackrock chants? I can't seem to find how blackrock interacts with dual wield if at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultramad View Post
    So I haven't seen it really discussed. On tuesday, saying I get masterlooted double kargath bladefists, 1x blackrock enchant 1x mastery chant or 2x blackrock chants? I can't seem to find how blackrock interacts with dual wield if at all.
    For some reason Skada doesn't seem to detect Mark of Blackrock as a buff so it's not reporting its uptime at all. I wish we could rely strictly on beta information for it, but it was incredibly terrible before and it doesn't make a whole lot of sense that they wouldn't have fixed it, but I think I need to log a challenge mode run or something to figure out its real uptime.

I really don't get why Skada doesn't show it though, it's a buff just like any other.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    For some reason Skada doesn't seem to detect Mark of Blackrock as a buff so it's not reporting its uptime at all. I wish we could rely strictly on beta information for it, but it was incredibly terrible before and it doesn't make a whole lot of sense that they wouldn't have fixed it, but I think I need to log a challenge mode run or something to figure out its real uptime.

I really don't get why Skada doesn't show it though, it's a buff just like any other.
    Potentially due to the nature of the proc (<50% health only)? I honestly can't think of any reason why Skada wouldn't log it. Unless it's classified differently somehow/

I have had issues with this as well. I logged 3 heroics yesterday and purposefully had my healer let me drop low on a few occasions and warcraft logs didn't pick up a single occasion of the buff going off. This was with just my mh enchanted. I'm on my phone but can link them later. I think I'll have to find some soft hitting mobs later to manually verify.

Edit: though I've also had issues just getting things properly parsed as dungeons at all with wcL for the entire xpac and loggerhead is out of date. Bleh.
    Last edited by Ultramad; 2014-11-30 at 05:57 PM.

I have had issues with this as well. I logged 3 heroics yesterday and purposefully had my healer let me drop low on a few occasions and warcraft logs didn't pick up a single occasion of the buff going off. This was with just my mh enchanted. I'm on my phone but can link them later. I think I'll have to find some soft hitting mobs later to manually verify.
    Well I've personally seen the buff activate, so it's not like it's never activating. My suspicion is that it'd coded as an aura rather than a buff, but yeah a dummy test makes sense.

So I just went to the garrison dummy while dual-wielding Mark of Blackrock. I stayed low around 40% health and observed Mark of Blackrock proccing almost exactly every 40 seconds and the 500 armor did apply on the character sheet. I'm guessing it does not have separate ICDs for each weapon and is just rolling them into one, which would make one Blackrock and another (probably Thunderlord) enchant the best.

Also Leorajh died to bring you this information. RIP Leorajh.
    Last edited by Totaltotemic; 2014-11-30 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    Well I've personally seen the buff activate, so it's not like it's never activating. My suspicion is that it'd coded as an aura rather than a buff, but yeah a dummy test makes sense.

So I just went to the garrison dummy while dual-wielding Mark of Blackrock. I stayed low around 40% health and observed Mark of Blackrock proccing almost exactly every 40 seconds and the 500 armor did apply on the character sheet. I'm guessing it does not have separate ICDs for each weapon and is just rolling them into one, which would make one Blackrock and another (probably Thunderlord) enchant the best.

Also Leorajh died to bring you this information. RIP Leorajh.
    RIP kitty resto shaman. And Thunderlord instead of mastery? Interesting, I'll have to check that out.

RIP kitty resto shaman. And Thunderlord instead of mastery? Interesting, I'll have to check that out.
    If it helps any, I ran every combo through simcraft yesterday and Blackrock/Thunderlord was the best combination, consistently slightly better than Blackrock/Bleeding Hollow (comparing DPS/DTPS/HPS/TMI). Two of the same enchants was always bad compared to a mixture of any.

This is veering into an RPPM in general topic, but Crit/Multistrike and to some extent haste RPPM procs have a lot more value than Mastery, Versatility, Bonus Armor, or Agility procs because they can build towards your defensive benefits even when you're not currently taking hits. Even if mastery is better overall, what happens when you get your mastery proc right as you Leg Sweep or during a big cast the boss does? If it shows up when you're not actually taking damage at the moment, then it's just an AP boost that Crit does in all the same way. If you get Crit procs in this time, then at least it's building EB and doing something while you're not getting hit.

This is the same kind of logic that's applied to healer procs since forever, if no one is taking damage what's the point of a proc that only lets you heal for more right then or makes you take less damage right then? Sure it can also proc entirely when it's useful, but then you're just relying on RNG to determine if it's useless or amazing when you could just go with something that's okay all of the time.

Which enchant is superior?

Is mark of blackrock the way to go due to the BA proc? I ask since every monk tank I see has the shattered hand bleed enchant.