Page 3 of 416 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Hey guises! I was wondering that is there any profit to have profession like Blacksmithing for more sockets to have gems on it? or is every profession equal to others? Is there anymore even "tank proffs" ?

No professions have combat perks anymore, so BS no longer has any additional sockets. Professions are more or less cosmetic for combat now. Pick whatever you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Promdates View Post
    No professions have combat perks anymore, so BS no longer has any additional sockets. Professions are more or less cosmetic for combat now. Pick whatever you want.
    Ok, nice this was a such a relief! Thanks buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by Roscat View Post
    Hey guises! I was wondering that is there any profit to have profession like Blacksmithing for more sockets to have gems on it? or is every profession equal to others? Is there anymore even "tank proffs" ?
    This guide is up to date for everything 6.0 aside from how to gear yourself for level 90, as it is intended to be used in Warlords' endgame.

But to answer your question, as Promdates said, there is no in-combat bonus to professions.

Quote Originally Posted by kynetic View Post
    [COLOR="#417394"]I mentioned in another thread that Juggernaut's Focusing Crystal has BA on it.... another trinket that has BA is the brawler's trinket from brewfest. BA passive and on use, but it's a pretty low ilevel. I held on to one just in case, might be worth equipping this afternoon?
    There's no way a 470 ilevel trinket should be useful, but the Brawler's Statue listed on Wowhead is ridiculous.
    Brawler's Statue
    Item Level 470
    Upgrade Level 0/2
    Binds when picked up
    Unique-Equipped
    Trinket
    +904 Bonus Armor
    Use: Increases dodge by 4884 (30.15% @ L100) for 20 sec. (2 Min Cooldown)

WTF lol, that did not get stat squished. That on use is easily 100% dodge at level 90 and that bonus armor... That might be more armor than a full set of our gear at 90 post squish.

By comparison:
    Juggernaut's Focusing Crystal
    Mythic Warforged
    Item Level 572
    Upgrade Level 0/4
    Binds when picked up
    Unique-Equipped
    Trinket
    +93 Bonus Armor
    +93 Leech (0.34% @ L100)
    edit: nevermind about that 'not squished' version. What page was I even looking at... it's like Wowhead has a 'pre-6.0' version, but with the stat changes. Weird.

Here's the real one:
    Brawler's Statue
    Item Level 470
    Upgrade Level 0/2
    Binds when picked up
    Unique-Equipped
    Trinket
    +36 Bonus Armor
    Use: Increases bonus armor by 193 for 20 sec. (2 Min Cooldown)
    Last edited by Ampere; 2014-10-14 at 03:47 PM.

Brawler's Statue
    Item Level 470
    Upgrade Level 0/2
    Binds when picked up
    Unique-Equipped
    Trinket
    +36 Bonus Armor
    Use: Increases bonus armor by 193 for 20 sec. (2 Min Cooldown)
    Requires Level 90
    "The Grim Guzzler's brawls are epic tales of legend."
    Dropped by: Coren Direbrew
    Drop Chance: 3.31%
    Be sure you click the "Warlords" option at the top of the screen.

The Brawler trinket is too far back for be worth using over SoO trinkets, but I think even a 561 JFC would probably trump a 588 Thok's/Haromm's/Vial.

Be sure you click the "Warlords" option at the top of the screen.
    Yeah, and the live button works now with my cache cleared.

Deleted
    Any thoughts on using Mantid and Monk's Elixir instead of a Flask? For 6.0 sitting at 55.10% DR from armor and 31.22% Mastery unbuffed using elixirs instead of a flask, went all mastery enchants/gems just to see what it is like. Also using HWF juggernauts 4/4 and H TED 4/4.
    Mantid=256 Armor
    Monk=85 Mastery
    Mango Ice=34 Mastery (didnt have any though)
    Last edited by mmoc97753da768; 2014-10-14 at 08:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy hell I have a lot of haste 570, or 28.5% unbuffed. Looks like just about everything I had with exp changed into haste. I don't think I can even spend energy fast enough. >.<
    Last edited by Chuupag; 2014-10-14 at 11:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuupag View Post
    Holy hell I have a lot of haste 570, or 28.5% unbuffed. Looks like just about everything I had with exp changed into haste. I don't think I can even spend energy fast enough. >.<
    Oh you can

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh you can
    I can also only take 1 of the Primal Direhorns on the dino isle...should have finished the last few thousand bones prior to this.

Oh my god the Black Ox Statue is overpowered as hell.

Immerseus: Automatically picks up all adds

Norushen: Automatically picks up all adds

Sha of Pride: All adds

Dark Shamans: Can literally put statue down and have the slimes go to it and basically ignore them

Nazgrim: All adds immediately run to the statue instead of having to be aggroed

Malkorok: Can literally ignore slimes as a mechanic

Thok: Free bat pickup

It's kind of silly really, picking up adds just doesn't exist anymore with a BrM in the raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    Oh my god the Black Ox Statue is overpowered as hell.

Immerseus: Automatically picks up all adds

Norushen: Automatically picks up all adds

Sha of Pride: All adds

Dark Shamans: Can literally put statue down and have the slimes go to it and basically ignore them

Nazgrim: All adds immediately run to the statue instead of having to be aggroed

Malkorok: Can literally ignore slimes as a mechanic

Thok: Free bat pickup

It's kind of silly really, picking up adds just doesn't exist anymore with a BrM in the raid.
    Running UBRS with it earlier I was actually having trouble pulling some of the mobs off it...

Quote Originally Posted by Goil View Post
    Running UBRS with it earlier I was actually having trouble pulling some of the mobs off it...
    #showtooltip Provoke
    /target Black Ox Statue
    /Cast provoke
    /targetlasttarget

Basically a mandatory macro now, if that thing keeps aggro for more than about 10 seconds you'll probably never pull off it without a taunt. Honestly whatever they do to BrM is okay with me as long as we can tank bosses without dying, the statue is insane and does literally perfect add pickup every single time.

Thanks for that, is there a macro to make it despawn without having to click it off?

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    #showtooltip Provoke
    /target Black Ox Statue
    /Cast provoke
    /targetlasttarget

Basically a mandatory macro now, if that thing keeps aggro for more than about 10 seconds you'll probably never pull off it without a taunt. Honestly whatever they do to BrM is okay with me as long as we can tank bosses without dying, the statue is insane and does literally perfect add pickup every single time.
    One silly question: Does the statue keep aggro without getting damage? This would be insanely overpowered?

The statue does take damage its just really durable. The adds from Immerseus will kill it somewhat quickly because there are so many of them but otherwise it lasts long enough for whatever. Like total said, any fight with add pick-up was a complete and total joke and for fights where adds and their pick-up was important, they're no longer a factor.

I'm 90% positive that this was because of the state of warrriors, but I felt a lot squisher than he did last night than usual. I was already ready for the fact that I'd actually need healing and what not, but I would take far more spikes than he would it seemed and I'd actually had raiding time and testing time with the new tanking model as well. I even replaced all my gems to make sure they had mastery on them ~_~. Probably going to try the paladin next week to see how that feels.
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth
    Play Monster Hunter? Here's my FC: 1779-0791-2717

Thanks Shyama for the awesome Signature

Quote Originally Posted by Leblue View Post
    The statue does take damage its just really durable. The adds from Immerseus will kill it somewhat quickly because there are so many of them but otherwise it lasts long enough for whatever. Like total said, any fight with add pick-up was a complete and total joke and for fights where adds and their pick-up was important, they're no longer a factor.

I'm 90% positive that this was because of the state of warrriors, but I felt a lot squisher than he did last night than usual. I was already ready for the fact that I'd actually need healing and what not, but I would take far more spikes than he would it seemed and I'd actually had raiding time and testing time with the new tanking model as well. I even replaced all my gems to make sure they had mastery on them ~_~. Probably going to try the paladin next week to see how that feels.
    Thanks for your answer . Well, I won´t raid before tomorrow, so let´s see what comes up until then. It would be very nice if the statue could "tank" adds on garrosh for 10 secs . Just recast it & gg. I really hate running around and throwing kegs after so many months of farming this boss -.-
    I "stalked" US-Monks and many of them seem to stay with their critbuild. I can´t imagine this pays off against mastery, correct me if you made other experiences.

stats at 90 really do feel broken, like blizz didn't spend much thought into how badly the game would break at levels below 100 (I know big surprise).

Also for the person who posted earlier about professions, i recommend engineering. all those useful non-combat tools are great to have and you don't lose any combat bonuses to get them now.