Ahhhhh, I was also wondering how were finding total dmg staggered.

tyvm

10+ Year Old Account
    How do you deal with the fires in mythic twin ogron? We use the tactic atm to have both bosses near entrance and I move the boss to middle for whirl. Naturally the middle is the crossing zone of many fires and often they become (imo) unavoidable to sometimes even have 3-4 stacks. Might be the tactic but even when I tried to use the corner it was kind of the same. It attracted a lot of fires and especially with sucking whirl it was impossible to not get hit by fires.

Any tips?

Quote Originally Posted by keqe View Post
    How do you deal with the fires in mythic twin ogron? We use the tactic atm to have both bosses near entrance and I move the boss to middle for whirl. Naturally the middle is the crossing zone of many fires and often they become (imo) unavoidable to sometimes even have 3-4 stacks. Might be the tactic but even when I tried to use the corner it was kind of the same. It attracted a lot of fires and especially with sucking whirl it was impossible to not get hit by fires.

Any tips?
    I would just eat 3-4 stacks and Diffuse or Zen Med with a Guard thrown in and not care. Realistically as long as you don't get like 5 stacks you shouldn't die from it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by keqe View Post

Any tips?
    I generally just pull him into the corner, guess it reduces the dmg ranged can do to it during those around 8sec but it makes it so you dont have to take much more then 1 stack of fire consistantly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    I would just eat 3-4 stacks and Diffuse or Zen Med with a Guard thrown in and not care. Realistically as long as you don't get like 5 stacks you shouldn't die from it.
    Okay. I just thought it is very bad to get at least more than 1 stack. Zen Meditation and diffuse are ridiculous indeed. Survived 8 stacks once easily when I chained both.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does Mark of the Thunderlord share ICDs if you have two of them?

If anyone wants a bar instead of an icon, here's my Serenity WA;

Code:
    dCt(eaGlPITjvntrvP5kjZwuUjq6BuHDQk7fTBO(PQQggK(nvDBP0qLuXJvIHlPCqvLdd6ys44IQQwiGAPIQklgiwUIhkPkpL0YG45eDErLPQIjRstNYPjmoQOllCDLAJIi)fO2SiTDjv10OsFvjLplfFxuLrQKQNbWOLknEruNuj5waY1KO7jPsVwvL1kQkoNiml4HQG6kSftkCjQwT4XYkiiImHLdCRh)dSmMalSCuLur6G2jrhhuBPEPE5H6IpZp8WxbFf8HWK6D4SWzIceuaL9j67DzkqLj4daFO85YhAhhL0OcxmHhl5HQ0GJXd1RhCtMppccvPFJVGx6cX4iJkOqPfdvPFJVuxHTysHlr1396XYQ1c4VV9aLv1XNxmF7bkbnUcyL634RSkpFwAzhFtd1RhS0VXxcmnAuHyrl0eEmpuLgCmEOA5QfuRnHmmQ1Mqggvz3rG)rJAluG5HATjKHr1pGimAutfyHSlpuRnHmmQPWBqJgvBennXWd1jAP6IsDJJ6hyJkCBEQlBP5Bb3vCdQMOnUu3Ya8glmcmvmSnK8WxbvnMalSC0Oor7)AXan)qTU1Lg1BiH2EGwqqOEfYLjSa84nOj8y(qP2nenDn(qk6GIII46w4I2JusD8g0ccm1mp8Yd1bUe8qTDNzcEOrJQbZcSXd12DMj4HgnQJpl4HA7oZe8qJgvzTyHhQsbUjl4dHA7oZe8WxbbMpecmnAuxYGsjpuLcCtwqvx)d0Vh12DMj4HQU(hOFpcmnA0OM6NOz8B89ejB7jOUcBXKcxIQV79pwwTwa)9ThOSc04kGvNizBpHSsZ)nCcWR1vyb1jAeE8jxTGATX3mHuArY2EcQGax(1m(n(wpFMF4HVc(q5dHpu(aWhkFUmPYEhULakDD6OeGJcxNmfOsa0OM6NOz8B8TE(m)WdFfmPYYcueN99Oijqrb4aHPavcGpa8H2P3HtxafaCGu6MafHgv8U9mIMMyK8vq1IKT9euxHTysHlr1396XYQ1c4VV9aLv1XNxmF7bkbnUcy13EGYQV9atqn3)0uzy8becaNDqqq6l7rkPM8)0uzymPs3E0IEuhoDDMOibQtMcKRlvXLQgtGfwoQW7vycpgMb2grttmsEOrnDGTHAd0G8vsnpX16YKC7bG0xGKaXPd3eL9UmfixxQ(reydAcpM66)ZVv5Z)35lFPrfYdvnMalSCuxHTysHlr1QfpwwbbrKjSCGB94FGLXeyHLJg16ZxHlcknsa

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonling View Post
    Does Mark of the Thunderlord share ICDs if you have two of them?
    There are no current enchants with ICDs, so no.

Quote Originally Posted by Furtylol View Post
    There are no current enchants with ICDs, so no.
    Mark of Blackrock does have an ICD, although it is the only one.

I've got a few gearing questions:

1. Is a 645 neck from follower missions that rolls double bonus armor better than even the mythic neck pieces?

2. Chest, legs, helm, and second trinket are all itemized very poorly in this raid tier. All the options for the first three have haste on them, and the second tank trinket other than Pol's has low bonus armor and stamina. You can plug three holes with crafted, is it better to ditch the crafted trinket and craft 3 armor pieces or accept having haste on one armor piece and using the crafted trinket?

Quote Originally Posted by Xequecal View Post
    I've got a few gearing questions:

1. Is a 645 neck from follower missions that rolls double bonus armor better than even the mythic neck pieces?
    While bonus armor is very good, 40 item levels is a lot of stats in the other secondary, Agility, and Stamina. At some point ~60 more Bonus Armor isn't quite worth that much in total stats, and the ~670 ilvl area is probably it. I'd have to do a direct comparison with exactly how much bonus armor is on it, but it's probably not enough to overcome 40 ilvls in other things.

2. Chest, legs, helm, and second trinket are all itemized very poorly in this raid tier. All the options for the first three have haste on them, and the second tank trinket other than Pol's has low bonus armor and stamina. You can plug three holes with crafted, is it better to ditch the crafted trinket and craft 3 armor pieces or accept having haste on one armor piece and using the crafted trinket?
    So basically what we're talking about here is the benefit of Stage 3 Knight's Badge > Pillar of the Earth vs the benefit of [whatever stats you want] piece > Haste/whatever piece.

I think this can be solved just by looking at the trinkets.

In the best case scenario, Mythic PotE (which you won't get until Mythic Tectus which is over halfway through the raid) is quite a bit different from Knight's Badge

766 Stamina
    177 Vers
    177 Bonus Armor

vs

303 Bonus Armor
    ~307 effective Crit

Right away we can see that the PotE isn't even as much damage/HPS as a Knight's Badge that's 15 ilvls lower. Literally 66% of the PotE's value is in Stamina. The real question is how much do you value Stamina as a Brewmaster? If you think Stamina is kind of worthless, you'll get a lot more out of Knight's Badge than an armor piece with some other stat instead of Haste. If you think Stamina is just as valuable as any other stat because of EH concerns, then PotE might break even with Knight's Badge anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    Mark of Blackrock does have an ICD, although it is the only one.
    Oh right, totally forgot about that enchant (probably because it's so worthless). To expand upon the original question though it's *usually* better to pick two different enchants when dual wielding because most of them have an absurdly high uptime. Thunderlord, for instance, has an uptime of around 50%. I haven't messed around with them much post bleed nerf (as pre-nerf it was best to go Thunderlord/Shattered Hand) but if I had to guess the best option would probably be Thunderlord/Frostwolf.

Sorry this is a bit off topic general lurker on the monk forms but I just noticed something really odd wondering if anyone here can explain this maybe my skada bugged but Stance of the Sturdy Ox seems to be healing me or maybe it now supports proper use of purifying not sure?

GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 770 4 GB GDDR5 CPU: Intel Core I5 4670K 3.4G Motherboard: ASRock Z97 Pro4 LGA 1150 Intel PSU: Corsair HX 750 Watt
    CPU-Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO Ram: HyperX 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 Case: Corsair High Airflow ATX Cube Case
    Monitor: Asus VG248QE Black 24" 144Hz Mouse: Razer Deathadder Keyboard: Razer BlackWidow Chroma Stealth Mic: Blue Snowball SSD: PNY XLR8, 240GB

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skorkin View Post
    Sorry this is a bit off topic general lurker on the monk forms but I just noticed something really odd wondering if anyone here can explain this maybe my skada bugged but Stance of the Sturdy Ox seems to be healing me or maybe it now supports proper use of purifying not sure?

I'd say Skada is bugged but hey, Black Ox Statue had a melee attack by accident not too long ago.

~anything is possible~

Is there a predefined stat build to go for? I didn't read the whole thread but up to BRF, which of the 2 builds (master vers or crit haste) is better?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bkw View Post
    Is there a predefined stat build to go for? I didn't read the whole thread but up to BRF, which of the 2 builds (master vers or crit haste) is better?
    Crit Haste is never good. Total did a review of the stat priorities you can go for, featured here.

Deleted
    From gearing up as a Monk tank in raids when it comes to gearing, what would you say is better Personal Loot or Master Looter?
    For me, I feel like the loot system despises me (if that is even possible :P) as I have not looted a single piece of loot outside of a Dps trinket from Butcher
    and a pair of BoE gloves that I coined out from the Guild Bank.
    How have your loot experiences been so far?

In raids, Personal Loot is the worst option. Even with 30 people in a heroic, you still have a chance of getting 0 items total with personal loot. Stick to master looter and get guaranteed items

10+ Year Old Account
    Master loot all the way. I've gone over with my raiders how giving the correct pieces to different classes is just the smart way of doing things now(well forever but reforging made it slightly less min/max-y). I passed the neck from brackenspore to a glad warrior bc it was a huge upgrade for him but fairly minor for me. That would have been impossible in a personal loot system.

Deleted
    Hello, I actually decided to lvl and main my monk this expansion. Took em while getting it geared enough for raids but finally my guild to me his gear was acceptable.

My first raid was tonight and we managed to clear 6/7 norm and 1/7 HC, with a couple of wipes on Butcher before we decided our healers and dps needed more gear before we could him.

As my first raid i decided i would aim for purifying every time my stagger hit 20% and, tbh i honestly felt as though i was purifying every global. And felt i was getting utterly wrecked.

Here are the logs from tonight (can't post links) -

h ttps://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/b2TJxBdryCNLaAQ9

I want to get better but i honestly don't know how to make sense of logs and would love to get better and eventually do golds but i feel atm their are too many flaws in my gameplay.

All help is greatly appreciated, Thankyou in advance.