Quote Originally Posted by Quotey View Post
    they're not great. but fear not, it means you get all the socketed/warforged offtier loot!
    Just to make sure its more wide spread, you can have socketed, warforged, and tertiary stats all on Tier pieces now. The "advantage" of warforged items in ToT and SoO no longer exists. Previously it was seen as a choice of extra stats vs warforged stats. That's gone now, everything has the chance of rolling with those.
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth
    Play Monster Hunter? Here's my FC: 1779-0791-2717

Thanks Shyama for the awesome Signature

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...latest/#boss=0

I guess I'm getting better at this Brewmaster parse thing. I fucked up a lot but still got decent parses. I missed a lot of keg smashes. ^heroics not mythics but yaknow.

https://i.imgur.com/axKMSyY.jpg
    Last edited by Teeku; 2015-01-28 at 04:19 AM.

Deleted
    it finally happened

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...pec=Brewmaster

i beat affinchi

Deleted
    After reading this thread (which is kind of fun even with so many pages) and making some changes to my gear and talents i tried myself on the dummy. Atm i am sitting at 668 ilvl 30% crit with buff and food 12% mastery and 660 armor. Unfortunately i have only 2 normal twins axes one with crit enchant and one blackrock. Trikets Pol's and Eidolon. Talents of choice are power strike, xuen and chix. On pre pot and trinkets with xuen i did 50k burst damage and later managed to keep steady 20k. Is this any good without seeing logs? I can provide some after today's raid.

Deleted
    Updated the BiS list spreadsheet with Highmaul items :

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    it finally happened

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...pec=Brewmaster

i beat affinchi
    Beer for everyone!

Deleted
    Also Mar'gok wipes from peoples standing in mines/not getting interrupts are so... annoying

We had our B-Team essentially in last night and shit was depressing. Please give me a Monk tank so I can finally have a good third tank.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    Also Mar'gok wipes from peoples standing in mines/not getting interrupts are so... annoying

We had our B-Team essentially in last night and shit was depressing. Please give me a Monk tank so I can finally have a good third tank.
    I'm exactly in the same situation We tried 2 tanks but my co-tank (war) was fucked by adds in p3 and it's exactly the same with a third tank (also a war).

Quote Originally Posted by Jellospally View Post
    Don't use Pillar. Stam is practically worthless unless. No boss hits so hard you need more HP to live burst damage that you couldn't use externals for.
    Mostly agree, although it can be good for fights like Ko'ragh to give a bit more of a health buffer. I have been wondering if Pillar is close to other trinkets in dps if you can ToD on cooldown on a fight. Probably not quite, but it's less of a dps loss.

Quote Originally Posted by keqe View Post
    So, we were progressing on M koragh and while we were wiping I decided to go to one of the mind controlling orbs with zen meditation. To my surprise I survived, barely taking damage and didn't get mind controlled. This shouldn't happen and when I tried to replicate it it failed.

I suck at reading logs but if this is something rare, can you find the thing I describe from logs? https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/jWXQh93VPF8rZ4dv

I didn't use soul dance, Zen meditation unglyphed.

(ignore the shitty play)
    Zen Med does not work on those. No damage reduction abilities do.

Looking at that log, you never took damage from soaking an orb. Here are the players who did. Perhaps you were close to it, but not quite close enough or had a lag spike. You did take damage from the orbs, but only when they hit the ground and everyone takes damage from them. No direct soaking. The orbs always do 1.5M damage, and since we can't Guard that large the only way to survive them is if you take the absorb shield from the transition.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce View Post
    So our 2p/4p currently, I'm not feeling either of them are any of you? I mean the 4p is just meh imo. And the 2p would mean you have more of a chance to cap energy out since it's not going to let you squeeze in more keg smashs or anything except maybe jabs. You're still gonna be gcd capped.

Or am I missing something with the 2p?
    It's free energy. It's not a lot unless you are tanking adds with Elusive Brew up, but why not take free haste. You also do not have to get haste gear to get the 2 piece, so you aren't really losing anything by taking it. So it's not great, but might as well get it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrah View Post
    I'm exactly in the same situation We tried 2 tanks but my co-tank (war) was fucked by adds in p3 and it's exactly the same with a third tank (also a war).
    Luckily there's a possibility of us picking up a second DK

bye bye bye bye adds

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampere View Post
    Zen Med does not work on those. No damage reduction abilities do.

Looking at that log, you never took damage from soaking an orb. Here are the players who did. Perhaps you were close to it, but not quite close enough or had a lag spike. You did take damage from the orbs, but only when they hit the ground and everyone takes damage from them. No direct soaking. The orbs always do 1.5M damage, and since we can't Guard that large the only way to survive them is if you take the absorb shield from the transition.
    Hmm, I guess there had to be some kind of lag spike then because I was exactly middle of the orb when it hit and went there about 2 seconds before impact. Thanks for the info.

Does Mythic Brackenspore turn to face the raid during breaths for anyone else? It seems like randomly during a breath he will sometimes turn around (while the tank is stationary) and cleave the raid with a breath. It doesn't wipe us, but it's annoying and our GM got irritated by it. I told him it's something dumb with the fight or an intended mechanic, since I did not move at all and I've seen it happen a number of times. Wanted a sanity check, does this happen to other groups? Peering at some logs it looks like it probably does as they have the same incidental breath damage that I see in our group.

And a Butcher question. Does anyone else have trouble sometimes getting him a good position after the move with the 'Pool Party' strat? It was awful last night, he ran at me and turned around a few attempts, that wasn't the only issue but it was largely why we wiped those pulls. Maybe I was just standing at a bad part on the hill.

Does Mythic Brackenspore turn to face the raid during breaths for anyone else? It seems like randomly during a breath he will sometimes turn around (while the tank is stationary) and cleave the raid with a breath. It doesn't wipe us, but it's annoying and our GM got irritated by it. I told him it's something dumb with the fight or an intended mechanic, since I did not move at all and I've seen it happen a number of times. Wanted a sanity check, does this happen to other groups? Peering at some logs it looks like it probably does as they have the same incidental breath damage that I see in our group.
    Yes, when he spawns a blue mushroom.

Deleted

And a Butcher question. Does anyone else have trouble sometimes getting him a good position after the move with the 'Pool Party' strat? It was awful last night, he ran at me and turned around a few attempts, that wasn't the only issue but it was largely why we wiped those pulls. Maybe I was just standing at a bad part on the hill.
    Brackenspore : Yes it happens sometimes, not sure if it's when he "drop" a mushroom or if it's a bug.
    Butcher : Yep, I step back slowly to avoid this problem.

Thanks for the replies.

Yeah I guess I just need to work on boss positioning. It's been a nightmare in some situations since 6.0 as you all know. I remember the biggest point of frustration for me was doing SMBG CM for the first time on Ner'zhul in 610 ilevel gear. He was decimating me and he kept spinning all over the place, so frustrating haha.

I haven't seen any posts here yet regarding the latest rounds of PTR ability changes data mined yesterday. I see a bunch of stuff in the BrM section but due to maths I have no idea what those changes actually mean in regards to our damage output. Anyone had a chance to mess around with them yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    Go tank. You'll live longer.

Can't say the same thing about keeping your hair, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalloa View Post
    I haven't seen any posts here yet regarding the latest rounds of PTR ability changes data mined yesterday. I see a bunch of stuff in the BrM section but due to maths I have no idea what those changes actually mean in regards to our damage output. Anyone had a chance to mess around with them yet?
    Pretty sure the stuff is already in the game, just more tooltip fixes.

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    Go tank. You'll live longer.

Can't say the same thing about keeping your hair, though.

Deleted
    I decided to go for a monk afterall, and am very interested in the chi ex build, i assume 2x 1h is best for that?

if theres only 1 target i should be using at 3 chi at red/high yellow stagger, or at 2 at lower stagger (or even 1 pushing for dps if goofing around in like normal mode) but when should i use tiger palm (except once every 20s to keep up buff)?
    and at 2 targets, always at 4 chi?

Quote Originally Posted by Jrah View Post
    Updated the BiS list spreadsheet with Highmaul items :

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    Weapon: Head-Lopper Skullscythe
    Head: Acidic Jaws
    Neck: Choker of Bestial Force
    Shoulder: Flamebender's Shoulderguards
    Back: Fireproof Greatcloak
    Chest: Vest of Forceful Fury
    Wrist: Bracers of Shattered Limbs
    Gloves: Handwraps of the Somber Gaze
    Belt: Belt of Bloody Guts
    Pants: Legwraps of the Somber Gaze
    Boots: Mountainwalker's Boots
    Ring1: Spellbound Solium Band of Sorcerous Invincibility
    Ring2: Siege Bomber's Band
    Trinket1: Tablet of Turnbuckle Teamwork
    Trinket2:Blast Furnace Door

This is with a BA>Agi>Crit>Mastery>Vers>Haste>Multi setup. Could replace the BoE bracers with Squire's Electroplated Bracers if you don't want to get BoE's. Some people ignore the weight of the increase of Agility, I personally don't.