10+ Year Old Account
    Typical EU forums. A guy asks why he takes so much damage and then after a while there are two warriors trolling (indirectly, insultingly saying monk OP yadayada)

What priority are people using for secondaries nowadays? Seems some are starting to favour multistrike over crit, unless I'm misreading some of the comments.

In an ideal world, what secondaries would we choose for our gear? Just want to make sure my gear plan isn't outdated.

Deleted
    Hey, guys my guild just started some mythic gruul progression any tips about the fight?

Also wondering what was easier hans&franz or gruul?

Deleted
    I'm still going mastery>crit>whatever>>>>>>>>>>>>>>haste

Quote Originally Posted by Drutt View Post
    What priority are people using for secondaries nowadays? Seems some are starting to favour multistrike over crit, unless I'm misreading some of the comments.

In an ideal world, what secondaries would we choose for our gear? Just want to make sure my gear plan isn't outdated.
    I'm still heavy on mastery as our tank healing feels weak at times. I've picked up a lot of mastery/multistrike gear in BRF, and I've just kind of gone with it to see if I can feel the difference. Feels like I do a little more self healing, which is nice. We're trialing a new holy paladin tonight, so I'm hoping tank heals will get stronger and I can think about swapping to crit enchants. I'm considering a split crit/multistrike build, don't know if anyone can set me right on why that'd be a bad idea?

Also, #nohastedream

edit: should mention I was mastery/crit before.
    Last edited by Sekk; 2015-03-06 at 04:28 PM.

Deleted
    Good things. Guild I trialled with log using both AMR and warcraftlogs. KRSI wasn't very high, but healing required on AMR I scored 90% plus (of itemlevel) on all kills.

On a different note, I had to setup my BIS set in an addon for them. These are my settings, going for mastery, did I make any mistakes?
    http://www.wowhead.com/compare?items....0.0.0.0.0.567

- - - Updated - - -

Thinking I might want to set chest and legs to Tier instead of my current settings?

Quote Originally Posted by Jacksel View Post
    Thinking I might want to set chest and legs to Tier instead of my current settings?
    Doesn't the tier chest piece have haste? Think your current list would be better.

Deleted
    Yes it does. But then I won't be going for 4-set I guess? That's kind of the trade-off for not getting the other 2 tier pieces
    Last edited by mmoc8aa4b61528; 2015-03-06 at 05:48 PM.

Yes it does. But then I won't be going for 4-set I guess? That's kind of the trade-off for not getting the other 2 tier pieces
    I'm sure some of the guys here have done the math, but I'm pretty sure the general consensus is that we're better off with just the two piece, as we'll get more out of the better optimized off pieces than we will the 4 piece.

I'm still going mastery>crit>whatever>>>>>>>>>>>>>>haste
    At the moment, mine is looking more like bonus armor > whatever else drops > fuckthishashastetoo > spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by KungFuSek View Post
    I'm sure some of the guys here have done the math, but I'm pretty sure the general consensus is that we're better off with just the two piece, as we'll get more out of the better optimized off pieces than we will the 4 piece.
    The 2p is basically worthless. There are just almost no circumstances in BRF where you're sitting there face tanking a bunch of adds. If you're not going for the 4p, you might as well just ignore tier entirely and take whatever the best gear available is. If that happens to be a tier piece or two, great, but the 2p bonus really shouldn't ever factor into how you want to gear.

Quote Originally Posted by KungFuSek View Post
    I'm considering a split crit/multistrike build, don't know if anyone can set me right on why that'd be a bad idea?
    Not a bad idea as long as you're taking some Mastery too. A variety of tanking stats will help you excel in any situation. Mastey, Crit, and Multistrike are all strong, and Versatility isn't bad either.

On the note of tier, I'm personally shooting for every piece but the Chest. The helm has Haste, but I think it'll be worth it for the 4p. It's pretty low on my priority list, though.

The 2 piece translated to less than .5 energy per second on my heroic Maidens kill, which I didn't even notice in practice.

The loot tables are such that you're going to pick up enough of the tier set to get 2pc anyway, assuming crit/mastery/ms are your top three stats in any order.

Let's look at the available drops:
    Tier chest and helm have haste and are therefore shit. Use off-set pieces unless you really want the 4pc for some reason.

Gloves
    Tier is crit/mastery
    Only other choice are mastery/MS from Beastlord
    Result: you'll get mastery either way, so use tier if ms > crit, otherwise get the off-set

Legs
    Tier is crit/ms
    Only other choice are mastery/MS from Blackhand
    Result: uh well unless you have blackhand down I guess you should use tier

Shoulders
    Tier is mastery/ms
    Only other choice are crit/mastery from Flamebender
    Result: again you get mastery either way, so use tier if crit > ms, otherwise get the off-set

So either you're crit>ms and should use tier shoulders, or you're ms>crit and should use tier gloves. Then unless you got a particularly great WF/gem/whatever from Blackhand on a lower difficulty, you should pick up tier legs too.

The 2pc bonus at least doesn't hurt us at all; I mean, 0.5 E/s is still 5% haste -- 450 secondary stats. Even if you deprecate it by 50% because it's only energy regen and not auto speed, getting 225 stats for free by equipping the best two pieces of tier is still something, even if it is haste. A shitty bonus that doesn't cost you anything is still worth picking up.

I think you're ignoring that tier gloves drop from Iron Maidens and Shoulders drop from Operator. Both the non-tier gloves and shoulders are far easier to get than the tier, and when anyone first sees them it's almost assuredly going to be a Mythic non-tier vs Heroic tier comparison.

This is the problem with a pie in the sky gear comparison, whether e.g. equal ilvl tier gloves are better to use than the off-set ones is pretty irrelevant for most of the playerbase because there are 10 times more people killing Mythic Beastlord than Mythic Iron Maidens.

I mean I coined the gloves off of Beastlord the first time I killed him and got the Flamebender shoulders from the follower mission cache, so unless I got a Mythic version of shoulders or gloves, I'm never even going to use the 2p because I'm not going to downgrade 15 ilvls for 50 extra energy across an entire fight.

It's nice to think about an ideal world, but in reality most people aren't going to bother with the tier unless it means a drastic downgrade because neither of the two usable pieces of tier are even in the first half of what people generally kill for Mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    The 2p is basically worthless. There are just almost no circumstances in BRF where you're sitting there face tanking a bunch of adds. If you're not going for the 4p, you might as well just ignore tier entirely and take whatever the best gear available is. If that happens to be a tier piece or two, great, but the 2p bonus really shouldn't ever factor into how you want to gear.
    I don't know Total about the 2-set. It's okay in my opinion and just okay to good in highly situational environments. For example, on trash generally or on Operator or Beastlord during EB my energy bar was spiking and pretty much never going down, that's what it felt like at least. It seemed nice. Of course this is anecdotal and I only went for the 2-set because the items were clear item level upgrades.

Though highly situational, I like our 2-set.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellkung View Post
    I don't know Total about the 2-set. It's okay in my opinion and just okay to good in highly situational environments. For example, on trash generally or on Operator or Beastlord during EB my energy bar was spiking and pretty much never going down, that's what it felt like at least. It seemed nice. Of course this is anecdotal and I only went for the 2-set because the items were clear item level upgrades.

Though highly situational, I like our 2-set.
    Sure it's great when a bunch of adds are hitting you, but both of those boss examples are all mobs that can be stunned and are generally killed before stuns wear off. In reality, if you're actually trying and coordinating AoE stuns, those mobs won't really even be able to hit you.

It's one of those things where the concept is kind of cool and you notice it sometimes, but none of the fights actually play out that way for it to be worth a pretty big downgrade in gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Totaltotemic View Post
    Sure it's great when a bunch of adds are hitting you, but both of those boss examples are all mobs that can be stunned and are generally killed before stuns wear off. In reality, if you're actually trying and coordinating AoE stuns, those mobs won't really even be able to hit you.

It's one of those things where the concept is kind of cool and you notice it sometimes, but none of the fights actually play out that way for it to be worth a pretty big downgrade in gear.
    You're right, I'll probably replace them without a second's thought when I get better pieces of gear. But I was pretty lucky. I got gloves and legs which are crit/mastery and crit/multistrike.
    Last edited by Hellkung; 2015-03-07 at 01:32 AM.

Deleted
    Yeah, I'll basically take whatever is an upgrade, but I have to set a BIS list, because those are the guild rules. The guild is still progressing HC (7/10), Maidens (some progress already), Blast Furnace and of course Blackhand left, I think it's likely we kill Maidens Sunday, and have already been told that we won't continue on Blast Furnace this week (not sure what we will do then though). For the trinkets I just set the 2 tank trinkets from BRF that seemed OK, not sure if EAE/Pols are actually better. For the gear, I just picked whatever seemed to have the best stats (mastery+whatever -preferably crit), and that seemed to include 2 tier pieces.

Hi,
    I am new to wow (2 months in), new to monk and new to tanking.

I am still reading through the thread, but just want to say it has really helped me gain insight in playing Brewmaster, i find the discussion here really good and people are interested in helping each other understand the class better.