Welp, Velhari hurts. And holy shit spending progression time with her fucking spastic movements whenever you sidestep will be annoying.

edit : YEAH SURE let me get that WUE which never dropped in our raid since week 1. Actually, since week 1, accounting for drops, coins, heroic, mythic, and normal, WUE and Anzu's never looted. We have 2 MWF kormrok's stam trinkets though. rip life.
    Last edited by Piwielle; 2015-07-31 at 11:40 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    WUE is amazing for that fight Piwielle

Quote Originally Posted by Astur View Post
    Hmm I think I did the boss in similar gear to you for the first kill, possibly 1-2 ilvls higher - With WUE you don't take your full hp in 1 glaive thrust,
    710 ilevel with no WUE? Doubt many will be that low geared.

Either way - all what you said is what I wrote.

7+ Year Old Account
    Im sorry Piwielle i know your pain

So now that Summonstone is down, is there anywhere else to find a boss by boss guide like what Misume had there for brewmasters? Sunnier hasn't been updating his either.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Recond View Post
    So now that Summonstone is down, is there anywhere else to find a boss by boss guide like what Misume had there for brewmasters? Sunnier hasn't been updating his either.
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

also Sunnier is a woman

@EB RNG

Yes it's unfathomably stupid that a special boss ability that does 75% of your health only every 45 seconds can be dodged at all. Against normal AAs avoidance is a fine method of reducimg damage intake, but consider even Warriors have like a 10% chance for Glaive Thrust to just disappear. Anti-tank mechanics should be guarenteed to be threatening, not randomly have a chance to threaten you.

The problem there is not EB but the fact that literally the only thing that tests your skill on the entire fight can just be lucked through. That's why these things are typically unavoidable...

Quote Originally Posted by Piwielle View Post
    Welp, Velhari hurts. And holy shit spending progression time with her fucking spastic movements whenever you sidestep will be annoying.

edit : YEAH SURE let me get that WUE which never dropped in our raid since week 1. Actually, since week 1, accounting for drops, coins, heroic, mythic, and normal, WUE and Anzu's never looted. We have 2 MWF kormrok's stam trinkets though. rip life.
    if you have really good crit gear, you can try that, i was messing around w/ a crit set, but i dont have enough crit to generate constant eb stacks so im just sticking w/ haste+mastery for that fight.

Deleted
    It's not even a 1 boss problem, the dodge rng is nearly everywhere in the raid, on Hfa if your dps is low and you start to tank with 5-6 stacks of slam you'll find yourself needing to dodge to survive, on council if you tank Gurtogg you can dodge the stacks of acidic wounds, and not only will it change drastically the damage you take but also the raid ability to keep bosses stacked during the whole felrage(and the rng is pretty nasty, took anywhere from 2 to 15 stacks when progressing on this boss doing the exact same thing every pull)

On Kilrogg there is EB rng for shred armor but it's not that bad since you can just pick chi brew to cover bad EB generation rng, but savage strikes from the add can also spike you down pretty hard if it happens to hit you 3 times in a row(that and the baseline corruption on his melee hits which depends on dodge too) , on Gorefiend the add stacks also depends on your dodges... that's kinda too much rng for a tier

It's really frustrating to die because of rng or just need to ask for a cd for this 0.34% worst case scenario (not dodging 3 times in a row with 85% avoidance)
    The way monks are designed is mostly "mitigate" with avoidance and cover non mitigated hits with guards or selfheal, but it's a real problem when the hits you have to mitigate represent 75% to 100% of a guard(get lucky and take 0 damage or get unlucky and die), I think elusive brew would be too powerful only adding direct DR on it (because if you stack crit you'll have nearly 100% uptime when tanking), but maybe nerfing it to 30% dodge and adding a 15% DR would help

Quote Originally Posted by evtanking View Post
    It's not even a 1 boss problem, the dodge rng is nearly everywhere in the raid, on Hfa if your dps is low and you start to tank with 5-6 stacks of slam you'll find yourself needing to dodge to survive, on council if you tank Gurtogg you can dodge the stacks of acidic wounds, and not only will it change drastically the damage you take but also the raid ability to keep bosses stacked during the whole felrage(and the rng is pretty nasty, took anywhere from 2 to 15 stacks when progressing on this boss doing the exact same thing every pull)

On Kilrogg there is EB rng for shred armor but it's not that bad since you can just pick chi brew to cover bad EB generation rng, but savage strikes from the add can also spike you down pretty hard if it happens to hit you 3 times in a row(that and the baseline corruption on his melee hits which depends on dodge too) , on Gorefiend the add stacks also depends on your dodges... that's kinda too much rng for a tier

It's really frustrating to die because of rng or just need to ask for a cd for this 0.34% worst case scenario (not dodging 3 times in a row with 85% avoidance)
    The way monks are designed is mostly "mitigate" with avoidance and cover non mitigated hits with guards or selfheal, but it's a real problem when the hits you have to mitigate represent 75% to 100% of a guard(get lucky and take 0 damage or get unlucky and die), I think elusive brew would be too powerful only adding direct DR on it (because if you stack crit you'll have nearly 100% uptime when tanking), but maybe nerfing it to 30% dodge and adding a 15% DR would help
    you can anticipate the damage from some things and have chi to guard. like the brutes on kilrogg, you can just guard their savage strikes, who cares, it doesn't deal much damage. right now, i think eb is just utter trash, for most of the same reasons, it's just too rng based. ive been full crit gear before and had a large window where i didnt have any aa's crit for EB and ended up fucking me. it's just a dumb mechanic that really needs to be changed.

Deleted
    Honestly, on our kill I had no real issues with the Glaive Thrust but only because I planned around it accordingly.

It did lead to some fuckery though; one of the major issues with just using say, Guard with EB to mitigate the Glaive Thrust is that having no Resolve led to pitiful 200k Guard when picking up after my cotank was Massive Blasted. I actually counteracted that by standing in the Infernal Hellfire until I hit Resolve Cap, then rolling out and Guarding for 800k+.

I didn't mean to imply that we were completely unviable due to this brief ability in one fight in the raid. I also didn't intend to have people pit Astur and myself against each other. It was never meant as a dick measuring "I live better than you" contest, but more me voicing my frustrations regarding consistent mitigation vs RNG. It's worth mentioning that I actually ran Serenity for Mannoroth, due to us definitely not needing the additional damage (sitting on our asses waiting for 3rd Doom Lord is great fun).

I just dislike the fact that our main x% DR is 1. not baseline and 2. needlessly convoluted in comparison to other specs. In all honesty, my frustration probably is directed more at how fucking stupid Rune Tap is for mitigating abilities like these, but as Justw8 said; there's always going to be one tank class who's worse at any given ability. Just been a while since it's been our turn.

On an unrelated note, tanking Archimonde is incredibly fun. The boss himself hits like a little bitch, but the add is a whole other world. Interesting for anyone who plays with a DK cotank, popping the ring when they hit Purgatory does some... incredibly weird shit. Neither tank can die and it appears to count the Purgatory Shield as an absorb that's shared by Sanctus. Absolutely absurd.

With regards to Velhari, I honestly had very little issues during progression but I did manage to die like a moron on the kill. 4 Piece is utterly broken for this fight in P2, but the main time I found I needed Fort Brew and Externals etc was transitioning from P2 to P3. Remember to have your Warrior DBTS taunt just before the add dies, if you can. Saved me and my cotank many a time.

Updated the Stagger WA most of the people here probably use to only display itself once you've got 10% or more Stagger. I used to only Purify moderate back in BRF but feels like even Light Stagger grows to tick pretty hard in HFC due the breakpoint for moderate 30% health and our HP pools have grown.

Edit: Had the wrong return value in my hide trigger, d'oh. Updated:

Code:
    dWuBpaGiLWLaLYNqLeJsPItPuYQKIsELuuQzrLUfOs7sQKFHkPAyaXXOcltj6zqvnnLIUMurBtPsFdvIXjvQZjvW6qLuENsbDpPcTpujPdcuTqOkpevQAIkf6IajBeuXhvkWibkNeiLvQKEPuumtqv3euStOYpjcdfuYsvQYtPmvqUQsP(kOu9wuPyUaP6UOsP9Q6VqzWsomKfte9yIAYOQltAZsvFMQgnv0Pj8APOA2kCBP0Uf8BfnCuXYr55cnDrxhW2jsFxPQgVuKZlfwpQuz)iFhh6g6qpVfVTSlhDbsx7ER9g)n(dDRjj67JAE4a3o7Etq2f)o7gFhD6Glo6U73d3n39wdj67JAE4a3DxU7YUDSliDVj(l7EZo5Y7H7MDEtBIdkWR8hVBrD0dRPiK3WtciijGbEqbhOBc(B4X09BrXuzCnQSe59kJkUPxd(MeZGhUiagk6sLuq6c)UaHBPIRt1EkFKQT5WJsLQD4Qoab2OkMi)w3q88IumdObwYeEVYIh65Taqlet49klECoUnMi(dDdiQyYdumElza6ngswp0TwGrko0ZN34f99czGr24q3AbgP4qpFElrdnKh6wlWifh65ZBS5qp0TwGrko0ZN3KhOy8q3IIGFO3GrcCnZZN3yQxmdqn4O38SjaNN3Kp0X54q3KbI5SfsBkV1deKtXmSZwurfvurRurfvuX0eGfOApqTrdd2bhZGaFd2qAvd83sMW7v2HUfqTk2KJYq5KDRxe43HRaBrUYw3IC0Xa04V5y5Ml5YM3cOwnEOJZXn4fENjvwI8ELDClVbZKxzOuPYsK3RSJd)BGPiPnOYsK3RSN3aIkwa1QhVB8QKa99qn4O3ad89GboBd)TaQvVbZKxzOuPYsK3RSBYaXC2I5uWR3srRY)8w)mK324KjIWcw3CQcVZ84Wh)BJjI)q3aIkwqLQSl5Ten0qEOBTaJuCONpVjpqX4HUffb)qVbJe4AMBTaJuCOBWibUM54985nErFVqgyKno0TwGrko0ZN3yZHEOBTaJuCONpVf5OYh6wue8d94C88gquXICu5J3ngswp0TwGrko0ZN3aIkM8SvsuE8Ubevm5bkgpEpV1pdPj4o94CS5nErKZa1WsKCZJ3Gnzy7gt9IzaQbh9MqEgUjcIetE2YzOPYFCoUjpNd(5(Hl5TyIKBEK7NHejcTAiVjX2qgOTrqDJ7MZ2JdKUwU7nb)nlrEVYOcAMObvCtVg8njMbpCramu0LkPG0f(Dbc3EdXZlsXmGgyjt49klEOJZXHULmH3RSdDlciPkvdjSyAVOPBgSaf8WFlBWrVjdeZz7nzGyoBV1deKtXmSZwurfvurRurfvunMYObvXe59kdEH3z6sfMlvc5zaEH3z6sfMlvyUuX0wKiicE4fENPlvyUuH5sfMlvyUuH5sfMlvyUuH5sLu0aqTe59kdEH3z6sfMlvyu1rQ2oisWbyODwWzGAOSfUuTaEH3zsLLiVxzlCPAXcxQwag47bdC2g(fBrRurfvunMYObvXe59kdMjVYqP6sfMlvc5zaMjVYqP6sfMlvyUuX0wKiicEyM8kdLQlvyUuH5sfMlvyUuH5sfMlvyUuH5sLu0aqTe59kdMjVYqP6sfMlvyu1rQ2oisWbyODwWzGAOSfUuTaMjVYqPsLLiVxzlCPAXcxQwag47bdC2g(fBrRurfvunMYObvXe59kdmfjTHlvyUujKNbWuK0gUuH5sfMlvmTfjcIGhmfjTHlvyUuH5sfMlvyUuH5sfMlvyUuH5sLu0aqTe59kdmfjTHlvyUuHrvhPA7GibhGH2zbNbQHYw4s1cWuK0guzjY7v2cxQwSWLQfGb(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)8gqizcVxzh6MmqmNT36bcYPyg2zlALkQOIkMMaSavjdqPvnWtR0kTsR0kT(85ZB9muRAjdLOJRZB7l4tNhh(4Fla0cXeEVYIh3YBi5umdXdDlMiwEOB8tm)yU)X7MmqmNT3U5hZ9XqYPygUfDo3)MFm3hRNHA1BWUIAo4amuKRzjY7vgvqZenOIB61GVjXm4HlcGHIUujfKUWVlq42B8tmzGyoBVK3ItGa)nqlKkRhjRGo488Zqe0HDf1CWbyOiOdR5(kdCagkcJYlqGUnbc8rq3Pqg)UME)n(jwCce4pEpV1lcIOZdDJFI5hZ9VKpFElMi5MhH1ueYBCpOWbbQ9EEClp0TMKOVpQ5X5y5Tgs03h18WPZDx2Ho7UZnXh)o7SdGSC33d3n7WTKj8ELDOBro6yaA83CSS7oGFhUn3piry044DdiQyabrE8Uf5OJbouRECowUCjx6(gquXyAlseeb)L8gqqLQH8gciN3uPAiVbUCkMbQ2oIKCO3cOw9gOgarHuLk8y6(3aIkwa1QhVBarflYrhdqJ)4DdiQyro6yGd1QhVBarfteKQSOEjVfqTA8qhNJBGPOHi4Pcudrtcw85nzGyoBXCk41BPOv5FERFgYBBCYerybRBovH3zECoa52yI4p0nGOIfuPk7sElrdnKh6wue8d94CG)TwGrko0ZN3ICu5dDlkc(HECoEEJx03lKbgzJdDRfyKId985n2COh6wlWifh65ZBYdumEOBrrWp0BWibUM55nGOIf5OYhVBmKSEOBTaJuCONpVbevm5zRKO84DdiQyYdumE8EERFgstWD6XT7nErKZa1WsKCZJ3Gn5Bm1lMbOgC0Bc5z4g3nNThoCPdoazjil7ExU4OBUWLnx(E425U3e83atrdrWtfOgIMeSivwI8ELrf30RbFtIzWdxeadfDPskiDHFxGWT36zOw1sgkrhxN32xWNopohGCdiKmH3RSdDlYrhdCOw94CSC5sU09ZBbGwiMW7vw84wEdXZlsXmGgyjt49klEOJZXHULmH3RSdDJxLeOVhQbh9gyGVhmWzB4VLn4O3qam0TihDman(4HEElciPkvdPb03lA6gg3dUbHzqGVh0nGGiVXzGAOSBbuRgp0X54g8cVZKklrEVYoUL3GzYRmuQuzjY7v2XH)nWuK0guzjY7v2ZBQunK3atrJ05TiGKQunKWIP9IMUzWcuWd)ZBaHKj8ELDONpF(85nPhNJnx645pa
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    On an unrelated note, tanking Archimonde is incredibly fun. The boss himself hits like a little bitch, but the add is a whole other world. Interesting for anyone who plays with a DK cotank, popping the ring when they hit Purgatory does some... incredibly weird shit. Neither tank can die and it appears to count the Purgatory Shield as an absorb that's shared by Sanctus. Absolutely absurd.
    Explain like I'm five?
    Last edited by redfella; 2015-08-01 at 03:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by a wiser man
    Tanking should not exist just to let healers and dps have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coramac
    If a monk has 200k DTPS and 200k HPS in hots on him, does anyone hear when he purifies?
    WeakAura sets with Rotation Helpers: Vengeance - Brewmaster

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by redi View Post
    Explain like I'm five?
    During a wipe, my DK cotank was brought into Purgatory by the Death Caller add, and we popped the tanking ring for fun since we were all discussing how to avoiding wiping the same way etc etc.

After popping the ring, Sanctus repeatedly tried to normalise my cotank and my own health pools, which obviously didn't function due to the purgatory state. It instead repeatedly brought me to 0.0% HP for the duration of Sanctus, and refused to let my cotank die. As well as that, we were both hit with an enormous absorb shield from the shared Sanctus healing, due to the fact that his Purgatory absorb shield was distributed between the two of us.

So to ELI5; both tanks were at 0.0% HP with a ludicrously huge converted Purgatory shield, and were unable to die until the ring wore off. We were essentially Schrodinger's Tanks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Justwait View Post
    710 ilevel with no WUE? Doubt many will be that low geared.

Either way - all what you said is what I wrote.
    Hmm I must have only checked you during your second reset rather than when you were on it initially. My memory sucks

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    So to ELI5; both tanks were at 0.0% HP with a ludicrously huge converted Purgatory shield, and were unable to die until the ring wore off. We were essentially Schrodinger's Tanks.
    Wasn't the Schrodinger phenomenon the 'not knowing' aspect of whether the cat is dead or not? If both you and your cotank are alive still, but at 0% hp then it simply means when the effect runs out you will die. There is no 'not knowing' aspect about it. You just have an afterlife for the remainder of the ring I guess.

I think we need an ELI5 on jokes now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trendy-Ideology View Post
    I think we need an ELI5 on jokes now.
    No jokes allowed.

I have to admit. I am convinced on Censer being a bitching hybrid trinket, it is so so good. Been using it since Thursday.

Yes that means I coined all the DPS trinkets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellkung View Post
    I have to admit. I am convinced on Censer being a bitching hybrid trinket, it is so so good. Been using it since Thursday.
    The thing that is absolutely sh** about it though is that you produce practically double the threat. I was wearing it for a few HC bosses and it was almost guaranteed that I had aggro after the explosion. I got every single Soul Cleave on Fel Lord thanks to the trinket's perfect timing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vitari View Post
    The thing that is absolutely sh** about it though is that you produce practically double the threat. I was wearing it for a few HC bosses and it was almost guaranteed that I had aggro after the explosion. I got every single Soul Cleave on Fel Lord thanks to the trinket's perfect timing.
    I think you're thinking about Soul Cap.

But yeah I've heard it double dips on threat. The damage that's absorbed produces threat and so does the explosion.

Misume: hah, guess I'll have to make a WA that notifies me if my co-tanks purgatory procs and the ring is available -- want to see what happens when the ring runs out and I've Guard on me to counter being on 1hp. I've a feeling I'll get to test it next Thu since my DK co-tank doesn't want to run defensive trinkets at all on farm and keeps having her purgatory proc often. If she ends up dying due I use the ring, it will be epic.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellkung View Post
    Yes that means I coined all the DPS trinkets.
    Meanwhile, only one tank trinket has dropped for our group, HC WF WUE which I let my cotank have, but was lucky enough to coin HC WUE the same kill. WTB Anzu's.
    Quote Originally Posted by a wiser man
    Tanking should not exist just to let healers and dps have fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coramac
    If a monk has 200k DTPS and 200k HPS in hots on him, does anyone hear when he purifies?
    WeakAura sets with Rotation Helpers: Vengeance - Brewmaster

ARMORY - ARMORY
    <Ninjapartio>