Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stross01 View Post
    Is this a joke?

This seems like a joke.

Not a joke, I wouldn't say it's necessary in any strat, but it certainly proved useful for a certain moment during the fight that we regularly get: one of the tanks is soaking Fire while having a Deathcaller on him and while Healers are running back into position after Shackled Torment is broken. It's easily manageable without Zen Med, but since I already pop Tiger's Lust there to pick up fire(and I'm out of range of the boss for a few seconds anyways), kiting the Deathcaller and using Zen Med is the better choice than calling for an external that could later be used on a squishy getting Shackled Torment.
    Soaking Fire with a Deathcaller on your ass is also not very common and Diffuse covers the sketchy part about that if it only happens once(and you didn't use it for anything else), but keeping in mind that you can do the Zen Med trick is useful if you end up in a bad situation.

I'm not sure why you would be soaking fire AND holding a deathcaller. Maybe back before ilvl upgrades and people were not doing 1-2 Doomfire pushes and actually needed multiple people to soak fire, but I can't imagine how it would be necessary now. Running the deathcaller away from the boss sounds like a bad idea, since it's cutting into DPS.

One of our healers soaks the fire and drops it for our hunter, and he handles it the rest of the time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhachlirith View Post
    Not a joke, I wouldn't say it's necessary in any strat, but it certainly proved useful for a certain moment during the fight that we regularly get: one of the tanks is soaking Fire while having a Deathcaller on him and while Healers are running back into position after Shackled Torment is broken. It's easily manageable without Zen Med, but since I already pop Tiger's Lust there to pick up fire(and I'm out of range of the boss for a few seconds anyways), kiting the Deathcaller and using Zen Med is the better choice than calling for an external that could later be used on a squishy getting Shackled Torment.
    Soaking Fire with a Deathcaller on your ass is also not very common and Diffuse covers the sketchy part about that if it only happens once(and you didn't use it for anything else), but keeping in mind that you can do the Zen Med trick is useful if you end up in a bad situation.
    Soaking fire while tanking a deathcaller is just bad tank communication; there should be no reason for that to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Tummyrubs View Post
    I'm trying to graduate to scumbag status on my monk since i'm solid enough defensively. I don't have access to soul cap as we're only killing manno and archi now. The trinks i have are acp, sdi, and mirrors. Mirrors is a default choice but im not sure whether or not to go sdi w/ chi brew or stay acp w/ power strikes and go from there? I see most on wol shying away from sdi but is that b/c its just more difficult or is it actually inferior?

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Started reading at pg 300 of the forums so i came across misume's how to use sdi post. Still not sure what the best setup is. Another question is how accurate is simcraft for brm? It has my monk >15k behind my warrior single target which i'm hoping isnt brm reality considering there's only a 4ilvl difference between the toons.
    SimC isn't accurate for tank DPS without modifying the APL's, just check WCL for averages within your kill times. IIRC, Monks are still pushing more damage than Warriors, but nowhere near what Paladins/Druids are doing.

ACP/Mirror + PS will reliably get you 95% of the way. SDI/SC can be more, but it's RNG based and more annoying to use.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Evolved View Post
    I'm not sure why you would be soaking fire AND holding a deathcaller. Maybe back before ilvl upgrades and people were not doing 1-2 Doomfire pushes and actually needed multiple people to soak fire, but I can't imagine how it would be necessary now. Running the deathcaller away from the boss sounds like a bad idea, since it's cutting into DPS.

One of our healers soaks the fire and drops it for our hunter, and he handles it the rest of the time.
    Since our tank roster in all 3 runs has either a DK or a monk who really doesn't give 2 shits about Deathcaller+Fire, having a tank soak it was better than letting DPS or healers take it. While 2-healing, Fire during dogs and/or Wrought Chaos on a non-tank is a bit of a risk.
    Depending on DPS, having that specific Deathcaller not next to the boss also means the Ring doesn't cleave on it and we transition into P3 right after the second Ring explodes. The "tricky" survival part where I use Zen Med is basically: out of range of at least 1 healer, Deathcaller+Fire with dogs running around waiting out the last few seconds before the tank ring comes back up.
    There's reasons for why our strat is the way it is, I do agree that it sounds dumb at first having a Deathcaller out of melee range for a few seconds and Deathcaller+Fire on a tank at the same time, but it worked out to be the most reliable way of pushing P3 before third Wrought Chaos and without even popping the third Shackled Torments. Deathcaller+Fire is also extremely nice for our DK tanks because it lines up with their second BoS.
    It's also a lot more efficient to have a paladin tank have 100% uptime on the boss and take the first 2 Deathcallers and then then monk take the third with Fire than having a monk tank take boss+3rd Deathcaller while the paladin soaks fire and basically doesn't get to use his trinket and has to delay his HA+Sera burst until Fire drops again. If my monk could push the same DPS in that timeframe by taking Deathcaller+Boss and having the paladin soak Fire, I'd get him to change the tactic in that way, but with the current state of tank DPS, there is little point to ever taunt off of your paladins as a monk unless they'd be oneshot by a Massive Blast

It just sounds weird to still require tanks to soak fire when doing single Doomfire. We 3 heal it and still have no problem doing single doomfire with less than stellar DPS and 1 hunter, who can soak fire without impacting his damage, without rings cleaving or other issues. There's basically no healing before the first fire has to be soaked, so a healer picks it up and drops it out for the hunter. Paladin tanks first Deathcaller and it gets passively cleaved into P2, then it gets finished off when his defensive cooldowns are done. I take 2nd Deathcaller and it gets focused. Co-tank grabs 3rd Deathcaller and it dies before ring pops and then transition happens before wrought/chains. That's with both of us using DPS trinkets, since neither of us has used double tank trinkets on any fight in ages.

I mean, obviously whatever works for you is fine. There are probably some comp/DPS differences in there changing up timings and such.
    Last edited by Evolved; 2016-04-10 at 05:54 PM.

I know for a while till our DK (now paladin) worked out that we could solo tank P1 and P2 (we're doing two doomfires no lust) I was running around like crazy with a doomfire because we didn't want to make our DK run around picking up fire. Obviously not a huge deal in P1 w/ the buffs from desecrate, but became an issue in P2. That said, they still haven't killed it but are still using the monk to pick up fire while the paladin solo tanks the first two phases.
    Every time you say "Brewmasters need to stay at 40-60% to be optimal" your favorite deity kills 10 kittens. Here is how it actually works from the Sparkle Dragon's mouth
    Play Monster Hunter? Here's my FC: 1779-0791-2717

Thanks Shyama for the awesome Signature

Like Tummyrubs I am also trying to ascend to scumbag status now that we're carrying alts through M HFC. I have all Tank/DPS trinkets and was wondering whats the best way to get a leg up on DPS for M Archimond? I have mythic SDI but have been using soulcap/shard (heirloom). Feeling more comfortable with the fight I think I can forgo the heirloom in place for another trinket. Would SDI be a good alternative? IF so does the previous explanation for use still hold true (use at 9+ stacks to get two KS, use with ring/potions ect,)?

Or possibly using another trinket instead might be better?? We get 1 doomfire in our kills currently and fight lasts ~7mins... I also get sacced to source which sucks but whateverrr :3

Just looking to have fun on any fight really. If theres another fight you all think would be more "fun/challenging" to try and push DPS let me know Any advice would be coolio.

I just use ACP/Mirror for Archi. There might be better ways, but I'm lazy and it still gives respectable numbers depending on if you get sac'd to a source or not.

Mirror is really good on archi because it lines up with the dog spawn and the 2nd ring, and it's just generally a good trinket dps wise, for the second trinket on average the best would be SDI but it's a lot of effort especially in the opener, soul cap might pull ahead with a good rng, and anzu is just consistently good but a bit below

The top parse is done with SDI+soul cap but you need an incredible rng for it to be good, the most consistent option is SDI+blademaster but anzu+blademaster isn't too far behind and way less annoying to play with

This is obviously a massive thread, is there any post or link here to a BiS set for Brewmasters and ideal specs for each fight?

I'm starting to help with tanking and my guild is 12/13M!

10+ Year Old Account
    Which of the following trinkets would you guys use:

Sacred Draenic Incense (720)
    Purified Shard of the Third Moon
    Knight's Badge
    Imbued Stone Sigil (715)

This is mostly for HFC HC pugs / Mythic dungeons.
    Hi

Deleted
    I guess I'd go for Shard and Badge

SDI is terrible defensively and only ok offensively if it's mythic
    Stone Sigil is the stam trinket (if I'm not mistaken) which is close to useless. So that leaves the other two.

For everyone waiting at the edge of their chairs, we finally killed Mannoroth last night. Archie looks like he will be a lot easier.

I wanted to take the time to make a post and announce that after four years, my guide is being retired from MMO-Champion. It's been moved to its new home on ChiBurst, a Monk exclusive community site for guides, discussion, and theorycrafting. I sincerely hope to see you there!

Deleted
    I'm not in the beta and at this point I doubt that I'll play much even if I manage to get an invite. Anyways, how does DH feel in it's current state to someone that mained BrM this tier? Because I'll most probably be switching, I do not like the playstyle BrM has on beta and Prot Pally seems boring as all hell.

I'll probably end up going druid or warrior for my main guild, but I have a guild with which I raid weekends and DH seems fun, but I'd like to know how good it is in a raid environment.

// Yeah, seems that way. Thanks.
    Last edited by mmocd98a93b720; 2016-06-03 at 04:50 AM.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamiwen View Post
    I'm not in the beta and at this point I doubt that I'll play much even if I manage to get an invite. Anyways, how does DH feel in it's current state to someone that mained BrM this tier? Because I'll most probably be switching, I do not like the playstyle BrM has on beta and Prot Pally seems boring as all hell.

I'll probably end up going druid or warrior for my main guild, but I have a guild with which I raid weekends and DH seems fun, but I'd like to know how good it is in a raid environment.
    You're probably going to want to post this in the DH forums, since you're asking how DH feels, may have better luck there in case no one responds here.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    I wanted to take the time to make a post and announce that after four years, my guide is being retired from MMO-Champion. It's been moved to its new home on (cant have link in my post), a Monk exclusive community site for guides, discussion, and theorycrafting. I sincerely hope to see you there!
    The site isnt working, would be nice with it being kept somewhere else too, just getting an error message saying its moved to another server

Quote Originally Posted by zephix View Post
    The site isnt working, would be nice with it being kept somewhere else too, just getting an error message saying its moved to another server
    That's strange, it's working for me.

I'll likely host a copy on my blog site once it's properly written out for Legion.

Deleted
    It didn't work for me either until I got this url: http://www.chiburst.com/forums/viewf...79751b7295f5c6 That seems to work for me.