Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larryg121 View Post
    The common word everyone uses for someone with a mental disability is retarded. Everyone is at fault here for doing this at least once in their lifetime
    You'd have to speak for yourself with this....
    I've never called a mentally disabled person retarded. Never!
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

I suppose we should ban all classifications.
    even describing a bug compared to a animal could hurt said bug or animals feelings, because maybe that spider thinks hes actually a squirrel.

Sorry but classifications exist for a reason.
    If you dont like being classified as something, well, too bad, some classifications can be beaten and removed, mental disability being one of them, for some people anyway.
    For instance, a dyslectic person could likely overcome it with practice and determination.

Sorry but this sensitivity crap, needs to stop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's be blunt here: Being phsysically/mentally disabled (retarded) is not a fucking good thing, that's why people use the word as an insult. It's got nothing to do with people hating the retarded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asphyxes View Post
    Taco dinner, movie at my mancave then I'll surprise her with a TCG tabard and tell her I love her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    my gf left me, should i Just go gay?
    Xothic - Prot Paladin

i will say what i want to say...
    EVERY SINGLE time i want to say it

and if you don't like it then take a swing

Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    Negative connotations

Also: your face is retarded. Just saying.
    We'll go through this all over again when mentally challenged becomes insulting and switch to... uhhh.... retarded?
    If there's one thing we've learned from history it's that we go full circle a lot.

Well i don't go around calling people with mental problems retards i do call my friends/people online retards when they say dumb shit if people make the choice to be offended on behalf of the mentally ill that is ok but i don't say it to insult the mentally ill.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the early 90's, we were still using 1950's vests to raise money for the mentally handicapped that said "Help the Retarded".

Few people didn't like it, but we didn't care.

reminds me of this:

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gourmandise View Post
    We'll go through this all over again when mentally challenged becomes insulting and switch to... uhhh.... retarded?
    If there's one thing we've learned from history it's that we go full circle a lot.
    Mentally challenged has been an insult for at least 2 decades. I remember kids saying it when I was in Elementary.

This whole argument is so dumb. By which I mean it's unable to speak, obviously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kryson View Post
    This thread is retarded.
    Reported you.
    WoW Moderator and Staff Editor at Stratics-WoW!
    http://wow.stratics.com/ - A World of Warcraft Fansite dedicated to lively opinions on the important topics within the game.
    Co-owner of AcegamesTV!
    https://www.youtube.com/acegamestv - A general gaming network focused on high quality variety content!

The lack of any paragraph spacing in the OP was retarted.

Also, go check up the legal definition. Granted, most people use it in a derogatory manner. Get over it or keep getting butthurt over trivial things.
    Stay salty my friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    What do you prefer? Idiot, moron, or imbecile.

it is the given name. people have turned into something personal.. same with blacks, gays, and midgets.

once the "newer" terminology becomes offensive, it will be replaced... waste of time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NuLogic View Post
    What do you prefer? Idiot, moron, or imbecile.
    Or just "leftist" which means all of those? That's where all this sensitivity crap comes from, anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can we still say slow?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

According to my AP Psychology course I took in 11th grade "Mental Retardation" is the actual term. Using mentally challenged is for people who are trying to be politically correct.

Personally I don't see how saying retard is any more offensive than calling someone an idiot.

Because liberals are easily offended and put certain groups on pedestals.

But people with a mental disability/handicap are retarded.
    They are diagnosed as being less advanced in some particular mental capacity. That's what "retarded" is defined as.
    That people use it in a derogatory sense is of course terrible, but what are you going to do about it? change the word? That resolves nothing, a new derogatory word will be used until, as others have mentioned, we switch again and eventually go full-circle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    Or just "leftist" which means all of those? That's where all this sensitivity crap comes from, anyway.
    Sarah Palin is leftist? You don't remember that this exploded over her kid?
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Well, it's not like people are using the word incorrectly.