Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Resto Druid 6.0 Haste Caps

Will haste caps be removed in 6.0? If so, will it be best to just gem haste, int/haste, spirit/haste? Also, does anyone know of a forum for these kind of questions?

Deleted
    Haste caps will be gone. I, however, am not sure how strong haste will be at lvl 90 now though.

Just a heads up, I found some information regarding this.

RESTORATION
    Haste is king. Go for as much haste as possible and then mastery or multistrike. We do not gain anything special from multistrike, but it is useful for HoTs.
    Nourish is gone (lol did you even use that anymore?)
    Healing touch is going to be our filler spell. Use it often especially with Glyph of rejuvenation (reduces cast time of Healing touch with 3 rejuvs out).
    The passive from Hearth of the wild is gone now. It now only gives the previous 'not resto' effects and a 35% healing buff when used for 45s on a 6m CD.
    Nature's vigil did not change much, there is no direct healing increase, only proc healing.
    Wild Growth costs SIGNIFICANTLY more mana. Use with caution, use only when needed
    Healing Touch is going to be your filler spell. Use it often with rejuv weaving.
    Currently, Treants are doing A LOT of healing. I don't expect it to go live, but I'm unsure if it will change.
    Wild Mushroom will only last for 30s and has a decent mana cost. Try to not replace the mushroom before it runs out, it does significant healing but will drain your mana. Place it, let it do its duration and find another spot of damage to use it again.
    Genesis creates a new hot on your targets with Rejuv so you can see the actual healing it does now.
    Clear casting will ONLY consume a regrowth.
    Tranquility does not have a HoT component any more, although it still does a lot of healing. Note from Kaz: You can no longer use Soul of the Forest for Tranquility.
    Glyph of Healing Touch and Glyph of Rejuvenation are going to be very useful.

Source: http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topi...or-restoration

Not sure I agree with haste, most people testing agreed that mastery was a lot better. Hamlet was hard on haste too in his post, but I disagree again from testing.

Biggest thing is most fights you are never filling 100% of your GCD's with healing, so haste doesn't truly help nearly as much as mastery does which is an increase to your healing. Haste still makes hots tick FASTER, but at least with the raid gear we had testing at 100 it always appeared inferior to mastery due to healing playstyle not being super heavy on a non-stop every-GCD rejuv blanket rotation.
    Last edited by Affiniti; 2014-10-10 at 11:04 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by brff15 View Post
    Just a heads up, I found some information regarding this.

RESTORATION
    Haste is king. Go for as much haste as possible and then mastery or multistrike. We do not gain anything special from multistrike, but it is useful for HoTs.
    Nourish is gone (lol did you even use that anymore?)
    Healing touch is going to be our filler spell. Use it often especially with Glyph of rejuvenation (reduces cast time of Healing touch with 3 rejuvs out).
    The passive from Hearth of the wild is gone now. It now only gives the previous 'not resto' effects and a 35% healing buff when used for 45s on a 6m CD.
    Nature's vigil did not change much, there is no direct healing increase, only proc healing.
    Wild Growth costs SIGNIFICANTLY more mana. Use with caution, use only when needed
    Healing Touch is going to be your filler spell. Use it often with rejuv weaving.
    Currently, Treants are doing A LOT of healing. I don't expect it to go live, but I'm unsure if it will change.
    Wild Mushroom will only last for 30s and has a decent mana cost. Try to not replace the mushroom before it runs out, it does significant healing but will drain your mana. Place it, let it do its duration and find another spot of damage to use it again.
    Genesis creates a new hot on your targets with Rejuv so you can see the actual healing it does now.
    Clear casting will ONLY consume a regrowth.
    Tranquility does not have a HoT component any more, although it still does a lot of healing. Note from Kaz: You can no longer use Soul of the Forest for Tranquility.
    Glyph of Healing Touch and Glyph of Rejuvenation are going to be very useful.

Source: http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topi...or-restoration
    Thank you Also nice it shows all major differences to other druid specs.

Thanks for the input Affiniti. To anyone else wondering, I found Hamlet's guide on wowhead for 6.0 and level 100. Not really a lot on there on the gemming situation, but I suppose it's faster hots vs stronger heals, and I'm not the type of tester to work out the math on that, and I'm not sure that anyone will be going to being that the expansion is hitting in a month.

http://www.wowhead.com/guide=2171/re...on-druid-guide

Thanks for the input Affiniti. To anyone else wondering, I found Hamlet's guide on wowhead for 6.0 and level 100. Not really a lot on there on the gemming situation, but I suppose it's faster hots vs stronger heals, and I'm not the type of tester to work out the math on that, and I'm not sure that anyone will be going to being that the expansion is hitting in a month.

http://www.wowhead.com/guide=2171/re...on-druid-guide

Just purely from raid testing mastery was always playing out well ahead of haste for me.

I'm just gonna keep my haste at my current 13k and my mastery as is and then play around to get familiar and see what works better, we will only get a true picture when we can get to the 100 talent point.

I'd love to stack Haste as we appear to be the only healers who value it, but the fact that it will no longer directly bolster Tranquility makes it hard to prioritize over Mastery. I feel that Naturalist could use some added incentive, in the manner of Divine Providence and Jade Mists.
    Last edited by Pyrianis; 2014-10-11 at 10:27 AM.

Mastery is 8% stronger than haste, and more mana efficient. You get 8% more healing power if your secondary stat points buy mastery instead of haste.

Pre-6.0 haste was around 13% cheaper than mastery, but less mana efficient.

Mastery is post 6.0 the best secondary stat for Restoration druids.

- - - Updated - - -

It already did. 1 treant now heals for about the same as 1 healing touch. It's not a viable talent for raiding.
    Last edited by Hildrande; 2014-10-11 at 11:10 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teryx View Post
    Mastery is 8% stronger than haste, and more mana efficient. You get 8% more healing power if your secondary stat points buy mastery instead of haste.

Pre-6.0 haste was around 13% cheaper than mastery, but less mana efficient.

Mastery is post 6.0 the best secondary stat for Restoration druids.
    Thats a much too simple view on stats, ignores all synergies, diminishing returns and the reduced gcd. I'm not saying haste is better or worse, but there is far more to it than ilvl->percent.

Either way, the secondary stats are very close, including versatility and multistrike, enough so that even medium stat imbalances mess up any weights. As a healer, basically just use the highest item lvl/most tertiary item you can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharia View Post
    Thats a much too simple view on stats, ignores all synergies, diminishing returns and the reduced gcd. I'm not saying haste is better or worse, but there is far more to it than ilvl->percent.

Either way, the secondary stats are very close, including versatility and multistrike, enough so that even medium stat imbalances mess up any weights. As a healer, basically just use the highest item lvl/most tertiary item you can get.

Reduced GCD doesn't truly matter unless you are using all of your available gcd's constantly and you can get in a few extra gcd's over the course of the fight (hint, you can't really, and you never use 100% of your available GCD's in the new healing model).

Quote Originally Posted by Affiniti View Post
    Reduced GCD doesn't truly matter unless you are using all of your available gcd's constantly and you can get in a few extra gcd's over the course of the fight (hint, you can't really, and you never use 100% of your available GCD's in the new healing model).
    I think for the patch anyway, im gonna try out a mastery build and get that big ugly tree out again and see how it goes and feel's, i may try a haste build as well if im not running oom with the mastery build. I have not really tried out the ptr much and never got beta access, so im gonna just screw around with it on our full heroic clears i guess. You think just stacking intel/mastery and pure mastery will not make us go oom? Im at 588 ilvl so almost max bis gear if that helps. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by healzforu View Post
    I think for the patch anyway, im gonna try out a mastery build and get that big ugly tree out again and see how it goes and feel's, i may try a haste build as well if im not running oom with the mastery build. I have not really tried out the ptr much and never got beta access, so im gonna just screw around with it on our full heroic clears i guess. You think just stacking intel/mastery and pure mastery will not make us go oom? Im at 588 ilvl so almost max bis gear if that helps. Thanks
    At level 90 I'd be surprised if you need more spirit than is on your gear already. I haven't done any level 90 testing though.

I'm going with Affiniti on this matter. At level 90 we will not go oom, I have been ont he PTR and was able to spam spells while in combat in 463 gear and it didn't even phase my mana-bar. I'm also changing over to mastery gemming as well. I've already got the spirit/mastery, int/mastery and 320 mastery gems in my bags, so that I can change them out as soon as the patch hits.

I'm going with Affiniti on this matter. At level 90 we will not go oom, I have been ont he PTR and was able to spam spells while in combat in 463 gear and it didn't even phase my mana-bar. I'm also changing over to mastery gemming as well. I've already got the spirit/mastery, int/mastery and 320 mastery gems in my bags, so that I can change them out as soon as the patch hits.
    Yea, this is my idea as well, i was thinking we probably would not have mana issues at 90, but figured i would ask anyhow.

Forgive me but doesn't haste add extra ticks at the end of hots now? Its not just extra GCDs we gain from haste but also more healing added. Did I miss something? Is it still Mastery > Haste considering that? And if yes, I guess it would make sense to convert as much haste as possible into mastery?

Quote Originally Posted by Aleks0410 View Post
    Forgive me but doesn't haste add extra ticks at the end of hots now? Its not just extra GCDs we gain from haste but also more healing added. Did I miss something? Is it still Mastery > Haste considering that? And if yes, I guess it would make sense to convert as much haste as possible into mastery?
    Yes, haste adds partial ticks at the end of HoTs, which is their solution to remove breakpoints.

Currently 1% haste costs 420 secondary stat points, while 1% mastery costs 480 points. After 6.0.2 1% Mastery costs 88 points, while 1% Haste costs 95.24 points. Thus Mastery is now cheaper than haste, but since they multiply and are close in cost, you want your haste coefficient, the character sheet % value +1, to stay close to the mastery coefficient divided by (95.24/88).

10+ Year Old Account
    I wrote that Icy Veins post for Restoration. I put haste is king becasue from what I played in testing, it felt better. I would still not forgo mastery on my gear (I would try for haste AND mastery more than anything), and am open to any changes. I do not theorycraft I try to make sure people are aware of this when I can. I go from what every personal experience I can find.

The next reason I felt haste was better is because of how it is on live. Its practically the best stat we have, but is limited by breakpoints. Now that 'breakpoints' are gone -- (I still think this is the wrong way of telling people, becasue technically there are still points in haste where you gain a full tick, it just doesn't matter now if you're in between them becasue you get the full value) -- Now that 'breakpoints' are gone haste is always useful.

Please, I am always open to new ideas and thoughts and I consider them against my own thought process. If I think there is a large enough difference I will change what I say and inform people when I write things like this on Icy-Veins. Right now, from reading these comments, it seems mastery might be a play style thing, how you manage your hots or how your co-healers will heal with you. It's possible that they are much closer in value than I was giving credit for.

To address the GCD thing: I think it really doesn't matter if you're filling every GCD. Haste still benefits your HoT's fully just like mastery does. The question really should be, Am I making use of the extra ticks / partial ticks in my raid? Do I have to change my play style to make better use of them? Or should I go more mastery for less ticks and harder hitting hots because I'm not making use of the last portion of rejuv?
    Last edited by Krazyito; 2014-10-13 at 08:49 PM. Reason: added GCD thing

Wow that guide looks really awesome, haven't seen it before, thanks for posting!

Quote Originally Posted by krazyito65 View Post
    The question really should be, Am I making use of the extra ticks / partial ticks in my raid? Do I have to change my play style to make better use of them? Or should I go more mastery for less ticks and harder hitting hots because I'm not making use of the last portion of rejuv?
    The way I have understood that it works, is that HoTs will tick faster with more haste just as it does now, but if there's no time left at the end of the duration for that final tick it will add a partial tick instead. The duration is the same.