10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zyen View Post
    Thanks guys for the replies.

Should've just spammed Archi on twitter, but that wont be nice.
    That's the beauty of this community, we're not a one man show.
    Fog the Proven Assailant
    <The Internet People>
    Stormrage EU
    Stream Twitter WeakAuras - discontinued

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    You should be hitting 120 rage right around the point you're going to use Colossus Smash, generally the only time you cast anything that costs rage in between Colossus Smash is
    I'm not sure why is this so vastly spread still, since for a while now DPR on execute has been pretty much neutrealized, you should save rage only if you "need" the bigger number executes imo and after that just keep an eye on your swing timer so you never rage starve during executing.

At least that's my opinion on the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by DoriqQC View Post
    I'm not sure why is this so vastly spread still, since for a while now DPR on execute has been pretty much neutrealized, you should save rage only if you "need" the bigger number executes imo and after that just keep an eye on your swing timer so you never rage starve during executing.

At least that's my opinion on the matter.
    You want to maximise the use of colossus smash, if you didn't have full rage executes during CS then you're just wasting damage. If you think of each point of rage being an effective value of damage that is greatly amplified by CS, you only have a 6second CS window and you want to pump as much rage into that 6 second window as possible, that means pooling your rage inbetween CS.

By all means you can just do "whatever" if you don't mind doing less dps.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Progressing on Gorefiend right now and myself and a unholy are on add duty. We have points where MS can sometimes almost one shot these things in conjunction with rend and diseases. As arms, should I focus on rending these things and MSing Gorefiend without SS up and just look to WW's for some even cleave on them or possibly not bother rending them and just look to snipe executes <5 seconds on digest? Looking for a little feedback on people who have had this responsibility and how they found the best way to handle it to cut down on anything contributing to unnecessary wipes as this is already a hectic fight that can get thrown pretty quickly. If arms isn't providing any real advantage, I may just go back fury and look to snipe executes on low digest timers while tunneling the boss outside of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Vonconrad View Post
    Progressing on Gorefiend right now and myself and a unholy are on add duty. We have points where MS can sometimes almost one shot these things in conjunction with rend and diseases. As arms, should I focus on rending these things and MSing Gorefiend without SS up and just look to WW's for some even cleave on them or possibly not bother rending them and just look to snipe executes <5 seconds on digest? Looking for a little feedback on people who have had this responsibility and how they found the best way to handle it to cut down on anything contributing to unnecessary wipes as this is already a hectic fight that can get thrown pretty quickly. If arms isn't providing any real advantage, I may just go back fury and look to snipe executes on low digest timers while tunneling the boss outside of that.
    I do it with an UH DK as well and hate it sometimes, based on whether his diseases decide to wreck things or tickle them. Basically I just Rend everything and then hawk timers, only MS things that are super high and then snipe Executes when timers get around 10.

Don't use Sweeping Strikes except for the most dire circumstances, you are more likely to cleave onto someone you don't want to rather than cleave onto those you do.

I wouldn't suggest playing Fury on Gorefiend though, as long as you are on Spirit duty, Arms is going to be better. Rend barely touches them, but it gives you endless rage to Execute with, and plenty of MS resets to use when you can't; this saves you from having to fill with Whirlwind was well. However, Fury will quickly run out of rage using Execute, and needs to use Bloodthirst to enable Raging Blow to do any actual damage outside of the 20% range.

Just turn off your damage meter for the fight, and remember that the DK is going to do most of the work, while you are really there just to burst things down (Execute) and help cover when he gets targeted with things like doom. The rest of your time will probably just be spent on Rend.

Yeah we discussed it a little bit after the first night of a few pulls and decided it would work better with him spamming diseases, myself working on the higher ones with MS while he gets Soul Reapers started, and myself sniping executes when necessary. I was contemplating fury just to help get some more damage on them when they're higher and arms executes seemed a bit overkill for 200k 20% adds, but like you said it'll be too easy to get behind on rage quick between not having TFB to supplement rage gen and shit RNG as fury. My main concern still though is that MS hits hard at this mastery level and can sometimes bring them too low too quick, but I'm going to have to just hope for less crits and keep a close eye on them all.

Yeah we discussed it a little bit after the first night of a few pulls and decided it would work better with him spamming diseases, myself working on the higher ones with MS while he gets Soul Reapers started, and myself sniping executes when necessary. I was contemplating fury just to help get some more damage on them when they're higher and arms executes seemed a bit overkill for 200k 20% adds, but like you said it'll be too easy to get behind on rage quick between not having TFB to supplement rage gen and shit RNG as fury. My main concern still though is that MS hits hard at this mastery level and can sometimes bring them too low too quick, but I'm going to have to just hope for less crits and keep a close eye on them all.
    I'd do the opposite. He should focus on spreading his diseases which will naturally even out the higher ones, and single target the priorities. He won't (or shouldn't) use Soul Reaper much as he'll be too busy otherwise. His single target is low enough that bursting things down won't be an issue, while your Mortal Strike/Colossus Smash definitely can be an issue, I wouldn't even suggest it on anything lower than 50%, unless their timer is coming up soon (~<12s).

Arms Executes are definitely overkill but spamming Rend on everything will help the diseases tick them out (throw Mortal Strikes into anything inordinately high, or the boss during downtime. I even get opportunity to charge out and help handle other adds), and then snipe Executes to finish things off.

Play to each specs strengths. Unholy gives good coverage over everything, and it's ST is low enough to not accidentally knock anything too low. Arms can keep Rend rolling on everything, throw Mortal Strikes into anything that needs big damage, and finish off targets with Execute, which saves time and allows you to break out targets later on (swapping to them at 6-8s instead of 10-12).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    You want to maximise the use of colossus smash, if you didn't have full rage executes during CS then you're just wasting damage. If you think of each point of rage being an effective value of damage that is greatly amplified by CS, you only have a 6second CS window and you want to pump as much rage into that 6 second window as possible, that means pooling your rage inbetween CS.

By all means you can just do "whatever" if you don't mind doing less dps.
    After reading that i'm assuming the whole post was about not having Worldbreaker's Resolve and/or being extremely unlucky with no resets otherwise it makes zero sense to me to pool rage since with decent RNG you have 65%+ uptime on CS, at least according to my logs and Warriorsarri's uptimes from when we chat.

Quote Originally Posted by DoriqQC View Post
    After reading that i'm assuming the whole post was about not having Worldbreaker's Resolve and/or being extremely unlucky with no resets otherwise it makes zero sense to me to pool rage since with decent RNG you have 65%+ uptime on CS, at least according to my logs and Warriorsarri's uptimes from when we chat.
    Well you want that one big CS with all your cooldowns, full rage, etc.

But after that, as long as you aren't capping rage you just don't hit execute unless CS is up. And yes, you're rage starved as hell sub 20%. But as long as CS is up, and you don't have big cooldowns coming up. No reason not to just hit execute.

We assign our 1 dk to handle that, two warriors on spirits, and everyone else on constructs and essences. When dk needs help breaking something, he communicates that and melee deals with it. Gorefiend dmg outside of feast is kinda irrelevant. When spirit isn't up, we're either waiting for timers to break someone out, or chasing constructs.

We never spread rend because then they die too early.

Deleted
    Why is no Worldbreaker at Simcraft Arms Gear?

And how do I work with cs proccs, do I delay it if ms is on cd and cs is up or just spam it?

Quote Originally Posted by Realbufu View Post
    Why is no Worldbreaker at Simcraft Arms Gear?

And how do I work with cs proccs, do I delay it if ms is on cd and cs is up or just spam it?
    Delay it if CS is up, though you can use on the last GCD of the CS debuff though. Not really worth delaying for MS, unless its only one GCD away, since you don't want to risk wasting another CS proc.

@Archimtiros
    I see you've got legendary ring as well, you're in charge of using it and delay it for reck or burstphases?
    Would you suggest any change in talents for better use of the ring? My guild is popping it on CD unless we need burst for a phase.
    While not using on use trinkets atm (I've got hc screaming spirits, hc vial, hc chorus, hc pebble and hc EDH, which do you suggest for cleave and AoE? I play fury on ST.) is it better to go with bloodbath and ditch AM for ravager to stack every other bloodbath/ravager with the ring?

Edit: Just got HC Unending hunger from Cache, so there's that.
    Last edited by Devastathor; 2015-08-05 at 01:55 PM.

A wise man does at first, what a fool does at last.
    They both do the same thing, only at different times.

Quote Originally Posted by Devastathor View Post
    @Archimtiros
    I see you've got legendary ring as well, you're in charge of using it and delay it for reck or burstphases?
    Would you suggest any change in talents for better use of the ring? My guild is popping it on CD unless we need burst for a phase.
    While not using on use trinkets atm (I've got hc screaming spirits, hc vial, hc chorus, hc pebble and hc EDH, which do you suggest for cleave and AoE? I play fury on ST.) is it better to go with bloodbath and ditch AM for ravager to stack every other bloodbath/ravager with the ring?

Edit: Just got HC Unending hunger from Cache, so there's that.
    We only delay it when the fight demands, otherwise it's more or less on cooldown. There's a few fights where it can be delayed 10 or 20 seconds, and I'll delay the last use for Execute when able; but otherwise it's your job to play around the ring.

Bloodbath doesn't gain that much, Avatar is still better even if you can't use it perfectly, because the ones that really matter are the first and last, where all your cooldowns (and pot) are stacked.

as for trinkets, use EDH and Hunger for Fury, until you get class trinket, then swap Hunger for WB. Only time Chorus is really worth using are fights with heavy target swapping that render WB usless, like HFA.

So who else is getting psyched to reroll Demon Hunter unless some pretty badass warrior changes are announced at Blizzcon? Because you know DH will be OP.

I'm leveling warrior and demonhunter and rerolling if warriors aren't changed and I like the gameplay feel of demonhunter.

On a current note tho, the current simcraft version, does that include the 4 piece nerf of arms?
    Don't seem like it, cause in quite equally good gear (most parts the same) and hc EDH normal WB for fury and hc UH and normal WB for arms I'm simming 4k more as arms on singletarget. It's not in the current simulator hotfixes list and the version is not updated since the nerf, so I assume it's not implemented. Seems long enough to fix that soon tho as sims for arms is kinda useless atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Devastathor View Post
    I'm leveling warrior and demonhunter and rerolling if warriors aren't changed and I like the gameplay feel of demonhunter.

On a current note tho, the current simcraft version, does that include the 4 piece nerf of arms?
    Don't seem like it, cause in quite equally good gear (most parts the same) and hc EDH normal WB for fury and hc UH and normal WB for arms I'm simming 4k more as arms on singletarget. It's not in the current simulator hotfixes list and the version is not updated since the nerf, so I assume it's not implemented. Seems long enough to fix that soon tho as sims for arms is kinda useless atm.
    just check the rend tick time. my tick time per tick is 2.2550 so it looks implemented to me.

2015-07-20 Arms Warrior T18 4P now causes rend to tick 33% more often, rather than 100% ( bugfix + hotfix )
    Item - Warrior T18 Arms 4P Bonus (effect#1) base_value 33.00 -50.00
    2015-06-29 Arms Warrior T18 2P proc chance reduced to 50%
    Item - Warrior T18 Arms 2P Bonus

Quote Originally Posted by Ssateneth View Post
    just check the rend tick time. my tick time per tick is 2.2550 so it looks implemented to me.

2015-07-20 Arms Warrior T18 4P now causes rend to tick 33% more often, rather than 100% ( bugfix + hotfix )
    Item - Warrior T18 Arms 4P Bonus (effect#1) base_value 33.00 -50.00
    2015-06-29 Arms Warrior T18 2P proc chance reduced to 50%
    Item - Warrior T18 Arms 2P Bonus
    Ah, bloody hell I didn't see that 620-03 was out /facepalm
    Thanks!

Edit: Actually I didn't check nightly builds... So I had the latest release version :P
    Last edited by Devastathor; 2015-08-06 at 09:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Artunias View Post
    So who else is getting psyched to reroll Demon Hunter unless some pretty badass warrior changes are announced at Blizzcon? Because you know DH will be OP.
    Good go reroll Demon Hunter and bitch about shit over there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    Good go reroll Demon Hunter and bitch about shit over there.
    Just waiting for you to tell us how brain dead, stupid, easy, misogynistic, and racist the class is first!