Quote Originally Posted by Cityfella View Post
    FYI when doing simulations with 2 targets, the program didn't seem to recognize the difference between bloodbath and bladestorm, as it always used bladestorm even though my char was specced in BB, and the armory was ofc updated.
    Wasn't it this?
    talent_override=bladestorm,if=raid_event.adds.count>=1|enemies>1

Quote Originally Posted by Crisius View Post
    Okay so heroic cleared. My opinion: arms feels horribly underwhelming in comparison to other classes. I did less DPS on Gruul this week than last, with about 5 extra itemlevels this week. I got beaten by fire mages, combat rogues and windwalkers with lower itemlevel on Iron Maidens, although that comparison is a bit biased as I died with almost a minute left of the fight. (To clarify, did less than them up until the point where I died, after which I obviously fell down significantly more)

Honestly I'm not seeing any niche whatsoever, but perhaps it'll be better in mythic.
    Because its all about Execute and while Arms used to bring strong sustained cleave it is now no better than any other class with similar cleave capabilities (Mages, Rogues, Shamans, Monks), who also do ST better as well.

The worst thing about Warriors is their ability to do amazing DPS when absolutely everything goes right. For Arms this means Execute ranges. It sounds great but balancing tells us that there is an equal chance for everything to go wrong, or even mediocre, which causes Warrior damage to be shit. The problem stems from the fact that over performance is always neutered before under performance is raised, so we see things like Execute getting nerfed limiting our ability to do insane bomb damage when the stars align, but also causes our low end to be even lower.

It's shit design, all the way around. We've been saying this for a long time now, hell even if the damage was buffed Warriors would still be shit because every specs rotation is about as flawed as you can get. As is, there's absolutely nothing special going for Warriors now outside of Bladestorm. Welcome to Warlords of Draenor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Warrco View Post
    Even my WA for rend just kept going away at 2-4 seconds, so there's something fishy going on.
    Pretty certain it has to do with the refresh/rollover mechanic since the burst still happens. The game shaves off a couple seconds due to whatever reason but the debuff still shows normal.

7+ Year Old Account
    Arms on Iron Maidens Mythic seems really really strong still. Even whileas going to the ship, I am able to compete with the top parses(fire mages, boomkins and monks) Bladestorm just doesn't seem to fit well with 2-3 targets anymore, as there's a lot of dancing and the 2-set proc seems to proc very often for me, in addition, bladestorm just screws up the whole rotation as whole because you have a very tight schedule to reapply rend before / after CS.

Arms on Iron Maidens Mythic seems really really strong still. Even whileas going to the ship, I am able to compete with the top parses(fire mages, boomkins and monks) Bladestorm just doesn't seem to fit well with 2-3 targets anymore, as there's a lot of dancing and the 2-set proc seems to proc very often for me, in addition, bladestorm just screws up the whole rotation as whole because you have a very tight schedule to reapply rend before / after CS.
    Monks and mages should crush warriors on that fight, I'm talking 60k+ By the end. We are good though especially for the last 20% where things get rough

Quote Originally Posted by Cityfella View Post
    Managed to get Vial of convulsive shadows HCWF yesterday and wondering if it would be worth using it on maidens mythic instead of Horn of screaming spirit HC? It would be used together with Tectus M.
    My thinking process was that mastery might loose in value when you WW as much as you do in that fight, but on the other hand the execute would obviously benefit from using Screaming spirit.

Was also contemplating wether(spelling?) to use Tectus M and Bottle M to gain more aoe dps? Which might seem pointless since you want the burst at 20%... but anyway..

Tried doing some sims and got Convulsive and screaming spirit as best choice at a 2 target simulation, i used 2 targets since u don't have 100% uptime on all three obv. I did the sims a couple of times with different trinkets and the same gear and talent choice could differ up to 400 dps between simulations, which is why i'm asking the question here =)

FYI when doing simulations with 2 targets, the program didn't seem to recognize the difference between bloodbath and bladestorm, as it always used bladestorm even though my char was specced in BB, and the armory was ofc updated.

There are automatic overrides in the code for AoE, as I was tired of manually swapping talents and no reasonable person would take bloodbath/avatar over bladestorm on aoe, except for in specific scenarios. 99% of people never change the action list/default talents either, so it's just a convenience for most. The people who do, will generally catch that there are other talent overrides, and will delete them.

Just delete the section in red and it will use talents that you select.

alternatively you can override the override by typing talent_overide=avatar below those.
    Last edited by CollisionTD; 2015-02-27 at 12:55 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Opeth69 View Post
    Monks and mages should crush warriors on that fight, I'm talking 60k+ By the end. We are good though especially for the last 20% where things get rough
    Was at 57.5k dps during execute before I got my reck back, so I think we're good there.

In addition, doing BRF heroic now with sudden death. It's consuming rage EVERY time now, it's not some times, it literally consumes rage all the time now.

Here you can clearly see that the sudden death keeps consuming 30 rage, but it still hits for a fair amount
    Last edited by Warrco; 2015-02-27 at 01:20 AM.

Deleted
    Was at 57.5k dps during execute before I got my reck back, so I think we're good there.

In addition, doing BRF heroic now with sudden death. It's consuming rage EVERY time now, it's not some times, it literally consumes rage all the time now.

Here you can clearly see that the sudden death keeps consuming 30 rage, but it still hits for a fair amount
    that doesn't show anything the mob your targeting goes <20% as you use your sudden death

Quote Originally Posted by Wadoo View Post
    that doesn't show anything the mob your targeting goes <20% as you use your sudden death
    Then re-check mine.

7+ Year Old Account
    Not the first Sudden death, no. The second one did, I'll make a new video hitting high lvl mobs to show it.

And even though the second target was sub 20%, the sudden death shouldn't consume rage.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sudden Death procs sub-20% should still give a free Execute instead of consuming rage.
    Armory
    Haste only feels good to classes that truly benefit from it though. Can it be +Amp instead? Anything else really.
    "Classes that truly benefit from Haste" means... Everyone except Warriors. (And we're going to fix that.)

full hp target

'collision gains -30 rage from execute'

This is probably some hack to fix the autoattack thing I reported.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CollisionTD View Post

full hp target

'collision gains -30 rage from execute'

This is probably some hack to fix the autoattack thing I reported.
    Was hard to tell if the consumed rage did any extra dps or not, do you have anything on it?

On my vid the sudden death did like 120k damage, which is a lot for a sudden death.

It's definitely doing damage based on extra rage, there's no way a min-execute hits that hard. I haven't had time to look much more into it, but it's prob doing damage on 30 rage

Deleted
    Not the first Sudden death, no. The second one did, I'll make a new video hitting high lvl mobs to show it.

And even though the second target was sub 20%, the sudden death shouldn't consume rage.
    Ohh I see now it consumed 21 rage I just thought it was more about the one where your waving your mouse on the rage bar

Quote Originally Posted by Allacess View Post
    Sudden Death procs sub-20% should still give a free Execute instead of consuming rage.
    <20% sudden death procs cost anything up to 30 rage

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CollisionTD View Post
    It's definitely doing damage based on extra rage, there's no way a min-execute hits that hard. I haven't had time to look much more into it, but it's prob doing damage on 30 rage
    Wierd. Maybe it's not to bad then, but it still fucks up the rotation a bit.

Deleted
    Wierd. Maybe it's not to bad then, but it still fucks up the rotation a bit.
    It's weird go onto a dummy and go def stance use shield barrier to drain your rage a sudden death execute while I'm at 0 rage does 13k damage half of what my tooltip suggests

7+ Year Old Account
    It's weird go onto a dummy and go def stance use shield barrier to drain your rage a sudden death execute while I'm at 0 rage does 13k damage half of what my tooltip suggests
    As arms yes?

Deleted
    As arms yes?
    ye as arms

ye as arms
    I am having the opposite thing happening. Tooltip suggests SD executes should hit for 25k. Hits for 50k. And yes, sudden death executes drain 30 rage. So that explains why it does the extra damage. I'm tired.
    Last edited by Crisius; 2015-02-27 at 02:26 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisius View Post
    I am having the opposite thing happening. Tooltip suggests SD executes should hit for 25k. Hits for 50k.
    with 0 rage?