Page 6 of 174 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Regarding Rend and TFB, unless I missed something, an interesting point would also be "how long the other targets are going to last" because nowadays, spending any Rage on Rend on fights like Galakras (biggest AoEfest there is, with Garrosh) is a complete waste of rage, adds die in 3-4 GCDs, so if you already take those GCDs to apply Rend to 3 of them, you did litterally no damage and got maybe your initial Rend cost in rage back from TfB.

At the moment, the only fights where I bother applying Rend are Boss fights, and on the boss only, everything else dies way too quickly. And I think that highly devaluates TfB's appeal ...

Seeing as how TfB is the best single target talent, netting you a total of 1 rage per second on one target, that just means that any extra targets you can apply rend to is a pure bonus. For instance on Protectors and Paragons you should be able to apply rend to all three bosses to gain the full benefit from TfB. There are some bosses such as Spoils, on which you may not be able to guarantee that your Rend will stay up for the full duration, but then you have to remember this: If you're not taking TfB you're either gonna take Slam, which is a dps decrease compared to just using WW on single target (!), or you'll need to take Sudden Death, and SD is useless if you're using 4set, which you should.

Overall this tier is quite lackluster for Arms on single target, and on multitarget TfB is just very very dominant, but we won't be able to experience the full benefit from TfB until we get back to some real fights where your target actually survives for more than 30 seconds (looking at your Siegecrafter!), and you can't just zerg everything down.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    Seeing as how TfB is the best single target talent, netting you a total of 1 rage per second on one target, that just means that any extra targets you can apply rend to is a pure bonus. For instance on Protectors and Paragons you should be able to apply rend to all three bosses to gain the full benefit from TfB. There are some bosses such as Spoils, on which you may not be able to guarantee that your Rend will stay up for the full duration, but then you have to remember this: If you're not taking TfB you're either gonna take Slam, which is a dps decrease compared to just using WW on single target (!), or you'll need to take Sudden Death, and SD is useless if you're using 4set, which you should.

Overall this tier is quite lackluster for Arms on single target, and on multitarget TfB is just very very dominant, but we won't be able to experience the full benefit from TfB until we get back to some real fights where your target actually survives for more than 30 seconds (looking at your Siegecrafter!), and you can't just zerg everything down.
    So TfB is best for ST now in general, or are you speaking in regards to the current 4pc? Why does the current 4pc make SD useless? Are the two chances not exclusive, or are you referring to the chance that both proc and one could be wasted?

Quote Originally Posted by 87Octane View Post
    So TfB is best for ST now in general, or are you speaking in regards to the current 4pc? Why does the current 4pc make SD useless? Are the two chances not exclusive, or are you referring to the chance that both proc and one could be wasted?
    They don't interact well and cause bugs.

Does having Sweeping Strikes up increase the chance to proc Sudden Death (2+ targets)?

Would it be advantageous to bladestorm and cancelaura during empty gcds? Specially sub 20% I find myself pooling a lot, so you could easily fit a BS between MS's.

I have no idea how to put that into simcraft.
    Cairne wanted to thank him again, to offer encouragement, praise for a task so successfully completed. For being able to bear such burdens. But Saurfang was an orc, not a blood elf, and lavish compliments and effusion would not be welcomed or wanted.

On a fight where you would use BS for AoE, but where there are lengths of the fight where you're unable to utilize the AoE effect of Bladestorm (Garrosh for example) it is a dps increase to dump as much rage as you can, use MS (or execute if sub20%), then start Bladestorming. Once you're starting to creep up on rage again, or if MS / CS is coming off cd, cancelaura your Bladestorm and use those attacks instead. This is the best way I've found of using Bladestorm in a single target scenario.
    My Stream

Me back zug zug.

Do you MS sub 20%? The first post says you do (use Execute instead of Whirlwind) but SimC has this line that makes me think otherwise: mortal_strike,if=target.health.pct>20
    Cairne wanted to thank him again, to offer encouragement, praise for a task so successfully completed. For being able to bear such burdens. But Saurfang was an orc, not a blood elf, and lavish compliments and effusion would not be welcomed or wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Satori View Post
    Me back zug zug.

Do you MS sub 20%? The first post says you do (use Execute instead of Whirlwind) but SimC has this line that makes me think otherwise: mortal_strike,if=target.health.pct>20
    Na, it was just hastily typed. Just use Execute.

Would love to know why Warriorsari went blood elf over tauren.

Thanks for all the info in this thread. I've recently come back after a long hiatus and used my boost on warrior. I hadn't played one in the past since 60. I'm really enjoying arms so far. I think it's the perfect spec to get my feet wet as I get use to the game.

He likes the extra interrupt more than the extra HP, and enjoys looking like a fairy.

I was considering going BE back in 5.3, but the fact that we had Disrupting Shout kinda made a second AoE silence quite an overkill.
    My Stream

Deleted
    So, what's the optimal way of using Rend? Letting it expire, getting the final burst damage and immediately reapplying it, or just applying it when its <3 seconds, ignoring the final burst dmg? Speaking with regards to a boss mob that will be alive for a few minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaporino View Post
    So, what's the optimal way of using Rend? Letting it expire, getting the final burst damage and immediately reapplying it, or just applying it when its <3 seconds, ignoring the final burst dmg? Speaking with regards to a boss mob that will be alive for a few minutes.
    I'd redirect you to page one of this thread and the guide therein. Specifically the second to last bolded section at the bottom of the original post.

I have a 588 MH and a 569 OH (quit raiding back in november) would it be better for me to play Arms 100% or swap between fury and arms? I'm honestly seeing slightly better dps from arms even single target.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...od/Rake/simple

is my armory, ignore talents + glyphs
    Last edited by Sliske; 2014-10-25 at 05:04 PM.

Deleted
    Offhand will significantly reduce your RB, Execute and especially your WS damage.
    You should be better off playing Arms

Quote Originally Posted by Beckster View Post
    Offhand will significantly reduce your RB, Execute and especially your WS damage.
    You should be better off playing Arms
    this was my thinking too. Just looking confirmation more than anything

Is the number of abilities you can use inbetween each MS the same regardless of haste level? With the 0 haste 6 sec CD, you should fit 4 abilities in between, but with lower GCD I'm not sure I'm not delaying MS occasionally.

Also is there a haste breakpoint where you can fit 2 MS inside a CS window? Raid buffed I have 4.85ish CD on MS and that seems right on top or slightly off an eventual "soft cap".

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    I get the same feeling re not quite fitting enough abilities in. Its fine when all you use is ww, as such I suspect rend and the talents are still not having their gcd lowered properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Satori View Post
    Is the number of abilities you can use inbetween each MS the same regardless of haste level? With the 0 haste 6 sec CD, you should fit 4 abilities in between, but with lower GCD I'm not sure I'm not delaying MS occasionally.

Also is there a haste breakpoint where you can fit 2 MS inside a CS window? Raid buffed I have 4.85ish CD on MS and that seems right on top or slightly off an eventual "soft cap".
    You'd fit 3 abilities between Mortal Strike, not four. You forgot to account for the initial GCD of MS.

With 0 Haste:
    0 MS
    1.5 x
    3.0 x
    4.5 x
    6.0 MS

With 20% Haste the CD of MS would be 5s, the GCD would be 1.25s, still 3 GCDs in between:
    0 MS
    1.25 x
    2.50 x
    3.75 x
    5 MS

With 35% Haste the CD of MS would be 4.44s, the GCD would be 1.11s:
    0 MS
    1.11 x
    2.22 x
    3.33 x
    4.44 MS

and so on, up to the cap of 50% Haste, 4s, 1s.

The fix for Headlong Rush is on Beta servers but still has not hit live. It most likely will not until Warlords release.