I popped my CDs on the opener, then used Ravager whenever it could hit 2+ targets, or if I could guarantee a 100% uptime on my main target + a CS on it, where as I used BS almost on CD, unless either adds or big dude was about to spawn, in which case I saved it for that. A small note is that I spend all my time on the big add, as I'm on interrupt duty, so I wasn't too much concerned about the spore shooters or the mind fungus other than when the big guy wasn't up, so if you're on "clean up duty" you may want to consider saving something for those.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

After the Fury buffs is Arms still worth it? I"m assuming it's better still for fights with heavy AoE like Tectus, but what about Twin Ogron, Brackenspore? Wondering if the extra cleave is worth it as opposed to the single target Fury can still pull off better along with some cleave.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal View Post
    After the Fury buffs is Arms still worth it? I"m assuming it's better still for fights with heavy AoE like Tectus, but what about Twin Ogron, Brackenspore? Wondering if the extra cleave is worth it as opposed to the single target Fury can still pull off better along with some cleave.
    Yep. Ideally you want to play...

Kargath: Fury on the ground, Arms in the stands (Fury is still strong in the stands)
    Twins: Arms
    Brackenspore: Arms
    Tectus: Arms
    Butcher: Fury
    Ko'ragh/Imperator: mostly depends on your role and raid comp
    Last edited by Windowflip; 2014-12-21 at 08:03 AM.
    Window#1725

Easy - US Zul'jin

Quick question: I've just started playing with Arms after Glad did its best to destroy my hand and I need a break from that. My question is what's the proper order of abilities on the pull? Everything lights up at once, and I'm not sure what gives the best payoff in terms of getting things on CD and starting DPS. Is it...

Charge > Rend > CS > SD Proc > MS > Whatever...

Or is it better to Charge > Rend > SD Proc and then wait for more rage before CS, so I can do everything possible in that CS window?

The slow playstyle of Arms is taking some getting used to for me, and i'm finding the opening not at all intuitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Windowflip View Post
    Yep. Ideally you want to play...

Kargath: Fury on the ground, Arms in the stands (Fury is still strong in the stands)
    Twins: Arms
    Brackenspore: Arms
    Tectus: Arms
    Butcher: Fury
    Ko'ragh/Imperator: mostly depends on your role and raid comp
    Yea but most of the adds at least on normal/heroic seem to go down so quick with just one Bladestorm + Ravager I don't think the extra SS and WWs are worth losing the single target on Kargath if you were just Fury.

BTW, I'm not sure what the best spec is for Twins. Sudden Death > Taste for Blood here? It's only to targets to Rend so the rage gen isn't as ideal while you can cleave your Executes, but then your relying on RNG.
    Also Bloodbath or Bladestorm? I'm not sure how much of a DPS increase BS is on just two targets, granted they share health so it's technically 4? Confused....

Brackenspore down, still not satisfied with my numbers but we had poor blue mushroom uptime.

Anyway, for Tectus, at what stage do you forgo MS/Execute?

Crisius posted some beautiful numbers in the last page, but what I'm getting from simcraft is that you should only MS/Exe if there are exactly two targets? Above that you'd favor WW.

Also, SimC uses rend if the mob will live for more than 4 sec (no rend or last 2 ticks) or 8 sec (last priority). I was under the impression that rend was only worth it if you could garantee the full duration?
    Cairne wanted to thank him again, to offer encouragement, praise for a task so successfully completed. For being able to bear such burdens. But Saurfang was an orc, not a blood elf, and lavish compliments and effusion would not be welcomed or wanted.

Can anyone simplify arms rotation? Sounds so complicated

10+ Year Old Account
    Are any classes going to be reworked? or can we expect how skills and mechanics are now to be good for this expansion.
    It depends on what you mean by "rework" but you won't see complete overhauls mid-expansion for sure. (holinka)
    So I guess this means arms is gonna be terribly boring for the rest of the expansion?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Murlocbait View Post
    Quick question: I've just started playing with Arms after Glad did its best to destroy my hand and I need a break from that. My question is what's the proper order of abilities on the pull? Everything lights up at once, and I'm not sure what gives the best payoff in terms of getting things on CD and starting DPS. Is it...

Charge > Rend > CS > SD Proc > MS > Whatever...

Or is it better to Charge > Rend > SD Proc and then wait for more rage before CS, so I can do everything possible in that CS window?

The slow playstyle of Arms is taking some getting used to for me, and i'm finding the opening not at all intuitive.
    On ST you want to open like you said first: Charge>Rend/CDs>Ravager>CS>SD>MS>WW

Keep in mind that you shouldnt use WW unless you have like 70 rage or you have CS applied to the target.

Openers on multi target fights, like trash mobs or idk, then you want to rend up 3-4 targets and then continue with your rotation to get that extra rage from TfB

Something I've been curious about for the opener... on the pull is it better to go:

Charge>Rend>Rav>CS>MS>Execute(Sudden Death)>WW>WW>MS...

or

Charge>Rend>Rav>CS>Execute(SD)>MS>WW>WW>WW...

Seen a lot of mentions of the latter (using MS after the SD). It seems minimal, but with lust on the pull you can often put 2x MS inside the first CS instead of the 1. Not sure what sort of priority it falls on, it's leaving the SD proc pretty late but the 2x MS seems real strong. Just not sure how the potential of wasting an SD proc in opener weighs up against it.

Ravager before charge.

There's no point in having my loot spec as Arms when Fury gets the same drops plus the chance of 1 handers on personal loot, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Bandeth View Post
    There's no point in having my loot spec as Arms when Fury gets the same drops plus the chance of 1 handers on personal loot, correct?
    I think you misunderstand. Whether or not you get loot from a boss is rolled before which item dropped is decided. So you don't have a higher chance on loot if you play a spec that has more possible items from a boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nyjl View Post
    Ravager before charge.
    That's what I've been doing on fights where I know where the target will end up- mainly mythic Tectus.

Charge->rend->scabbard/DR->Reck/CS-MS-BS

Wtb tips for mythic imperator plx! Tfb? BS? My guess is Tfb and BB.

I have a VoD of me killing him as Arms in the T17 video thread, but a short recap of it: TFB, BS, AM. Make sure you spend enough rage to get BS down to 45 seconds so that you have it up for each time the adds spawn. More than that you'll find out yourself once you've pulled the boss a couple of times.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Can we get some math on when Anger Management > Ravager? Or does it just have more to do with how much movement is in the fight?

Quote Originally Posted by Bandeth View Post
    It depends on if you want a 1h weapon. If you only like playing Arms, and need loot other than a 1h weapon off Butcher, for example, then you would want to be set on Arms, otherwise you might get the axe instead of loot you actually want. If you want a 1h weapon off a boss, then yes use Fury. Otherwise the difference doesn't matter, since all armor and 2h weapons can drop for either spec. In other words: in Highmaul, it only matters on Butcher, and if you want his axe or not.

Also I'm seeing different things for the weapon enchant.

This guide is saying Mark of the Shattered Hand other guides say Mark of the Thunderlord