Quote Originally Posted by Artunias View Post
    I'm having a hard time deciding what I think is best for Hans/Frans. I want to say arms, but...fury might be better. Feel like the time with both of them in cleave is pretty limited outside of the very beginning.
    Theoretically Arms, but you have to be in a group that positions well and need some luck on your side to really see the benefit (meaning you need them down together during Execute phase, and be able to keep up with the movement to cleave them).

Fury on the other hand is much easier to play and should always do well, but doesn't have the same potential Arms has.

Short version: Arms can either do very well or very poor, Fury is an easy middle ground.

Deleted
    101 on How to Break a Man:

Flamebender (mythic) sub 20% with sweeping-able wolf =\
    Last edited by mmoc14553d1068; 2015-03-02 at 02:50 PM.

Deleted
    I'm having a hard time deciding what I think is best for Hans/Frans. I want to say arms, but...fury might be better. Feel like the time with both of them in cleave is pretty limited outside of the very beginning.
    lets reply with a quote ... or two allthough archimtiros allready hit the point

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    I'll say I prefer Arms as well, but I won't ever say that I like Arms. It's a question of if you'd rather want Aids or Ebola.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisius View Post
    Arms is still "viable" in the sense that people clearing normal or heroic mode can play it and it has its spot on certain encounters even on mythic, but coming from a person that has played arms exclusively during mythic progress for the past tier, mainly because I want the slow, sexless death of aids rather than ebola, this is a pretty big slap in the face.
    I would also choose Aids rather than Ebola in this case, even with the mobs not standing next to each other you can at least have rend on both of them wich gives you a bit more rage, if you have 4 piece you might get enough without sweeping strike hits to have a quite good execute, also keep in mind that if the bosses are not tanked together other classes have an hard time on cleave too, so the sub 20% phase will take a bit longer which probably favors arms a bit.

@Arqentum:

, but seems you had realy bad rng, 9 hits and just 1 crit with reck, potion and trinket up is just ... don't know an englisch word for "scheißdreck orsch"
    Last edited by mmocb02a4dbfcf; 2015-03-02 at 02:55 PM.

Aye my top Execute from last night was 80k lower than on Wednesday and my average was far lower, Mortal Strikes hitting similar numbers to Executes at times (240k MS's). I don't make any claims about it because I can't really back it up with anything solid and just put it down to bad luck... But if someone were to inform me that those hotfixes included a further reduction in Execute damage then I would not be surprised in the slightest.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Deleted
    we didn't do mythic yet but it seems it realy was fucking bad rng -> just looked his armory ~20% crit + 5% Crit buff + 15% reck + 15% improved reck so he should be around 50% (hm, is it additive? not sure atm) so 1 out of 9 is realy realy bad luck.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yuko View Post
    we didn't do mythic yet but it seems it realy was fucking bad rng -> just looked his armory ~20% crit + 5% Crit buff + 15% reck + 15% improved reck so he should be around 50% (hm, is it additive? not sure atm) so 1 out of 9 is realy realy bad luck.
    He also had Mark of the Thunderlord, so a bit more even :P And yes afaik it is additive.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Aye my top Execute from last night was 80k lower than on Wednesday and my average was far lower, Mortal Strikes hitting similar numbers to Executes at times (240k MS's). I don't make any claims about it because I can't really back it up with anything solid and just put it down to bad luck... But if someone were to inform me that those hotfixes included a further reduction in Execute damage then I would not be surprised in the slightest.
    After a night on maidens mythic, my highest execute with everything(Pot, reck etc) critted for 231k, whileas my highest mortal strike with reck + procs critted for 113.4k, so there's still a quite big gap there. But then again, MS = 20 rage while my execute = 40 rage, so if we could have a 40 rage MS, I'd be happy tytyty.

Speaking of maidens, any way to not waste a million billion rage?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirbynator View Post
    Speaking of maidens, any way to not waste a million billion rage?
    A little advice: Waste as much as you can on maidens.

Let me explain: Take AM, take TfB, keep rend up and you have infinite rage. You can literally use CDs every minute this way.

right thats what ive been doing but it feels wasteful as hell and I was wondering if I should skip a few rends.

what im currently doing is spamming WW when trinkets and CDs are up and otherwise spread rend

7+ Year Old Account
    right thats what ive been doing but it feels wasteful as hell and I was wondering if I should skip a few rends.

what im currently doing is spamming WW when trinkets and CDs are up and otherwise spread rend
    Letting rend fall off in favor of 2set proc in CS seems worth imo. I am not ragestarved whatsoever on that fight

ps: Use ravager + bb (a)

I tend to, above 20%, do my CS rotation, then refresh Rend whenever I have open globals and less than 80 rage. I will waste rage doing this, but rend still does a ton of damage on its own, the rage is just a bonus.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    I tend to, above 20%, do my CS rotation, then refresh Rend whenever I have open globals and less than 80 rage. I will waste rage doing this, but rend still does a ton of damage on its own, the rage is just a bonus.
    True. One need to change ones mindset of rend, especially on a fight like maidens. My prev. mindset regarding rend was just pure rage gain, but my damage breakdown of our maidens kill now was something like:
    Rend = 16%
    SS= 12.64%
    MS=12.63%
    Execute= 10.83%

Note: I was dead most of the last phase and didn't get a reck. + execute phase, so the execute would prob. be higher than rend if I did so.
    But this just shown how much dmg rend actually does, so keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrco View Post
    Letting rend fall off in favor of 2set proc in CS seems worth imo. I am not ragestarved whatsoever on that fight

ps: Use ravager + bb (a)
    due to officially "quitting" the game, im not getting set pieces , RIP.

7+ Year Old Account
    due to officially "quitting" the game, im not getting set pieces , RIP.
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw. Sorry for you! I am delighting in my heroic version of my 4-set while ONLY vanq. keep dropping in pairs.

@Arqentum:

don't know an englisch word for "scheißdreck orsch"
    I think the technical term is "rekt."

lets reply with a quote ... or two allthough archimtiros allready hit the point

I would also choose Aids rather than Ebola in this case, even with the mobs not standing next to each other you can at least have rend on both of them wich gives you a bit more rage, if you have 4 piece you might get enough without sweeping strike hits to have a quite good execute, also keep in mind that if the bosses are not tanked together other classes have an hard time on cleave too, so the sub 20% phase will take a bit longer which probably favors arms a bit.

(
    Just so we're all on the same page. Which spec is aids and which is ebola?

7+ Year Old Account
    Just so we're all on the same page. Which spec is aids and which is ebola?
    Aids = arms
    Ebola = fury

?

Quote Originally Posted by Warrco View Post
    Aids = arms
    Ebola = fury

?
    Correct /10char

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisius View Post
    Correct /10char
    Wooo, I managed to sticky myself to a forum post